Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Yggdrasil Gates

Re: New RPG: Yggdrasil Gates Jumping Shoes

Postby diannew » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:38 am

I cannot progress in the game without the Jumping Shoes and I cannot find them. Have been running around for a week looking. Can someone please give me precise instructions where when and how to get them. BTW I am 76 years old.
Thanks
diannew
Wanderer

Postby Lady JJ » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:43 pm

diannew wrote:I cannot progress in the game without the Jumping Shoes and I cannot find them. Have been running around for a week looking. Can someone please give me precise instructions where when and how to get them. BTW I am 76 years old.
Thanks

They are found within the main storyline quests, specifically in the Aqua Temple. Have you met up with Rosemarch and has he given you the scroll to unseal the Aqua Temple? If not, then, stick to the main quests for a bit until you can access the Aqua Temple.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Re: New RPG: Yggdrasil Gates

Postby anoldguy » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:36 pm

Lady JJ wrote:
anoldguy wrote:OK, I found the elfden tree, now how do i get in?

Knock on the door? Go to the door and press the enter key.
did that but it says "get out of here! i don't want any visitors!
anoldguy
Wanderer

Postby Lady JJ » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:27 pm

anoldguy wrote:
Lady JJ wrote:
anoldguy wrote:OK, I found the elfden tree, now how do i get in?

Knock on the door? Go to the door and press the enter key.
did that but it says "get out of here! i don't want any visitors!

Where are you in the main storyline? If your latest quest says 'Elfden Tree,' then a cut scene should happen where Nhail pleads with the guy to open the door and he does so. Perhaps you have an unfinished step or two? Have you talked with the Brightglass librarian and buttered her up by taking care of those uncouth thugs?
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby anoldguy » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:56 pm

I am at the main quest that says (going back to Drofeus)
anoldguy
Wanderer

Postby Lady JJ » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:58 pm

anoldguy wrote:I am at the main quest that says (going back to Drofeus)

If you haven't already done so, then you need to go back to Drofeus in Faymage Tower. You'll then be directed to Brightglass in the western kingdom. Once you speak with Nhail's father, it will be time to visit the librarian.
The quest journal does a very good job of letting you know how to advance the main storyline.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Pyra Temple statue puzzle

Postby jincyk » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:19 pm

Sorry to ask, but my screen is so dark that I can't manage the statue puzzle in this temple (can't easily tell which obstacles I can jump over--they all look the same, and there's no option to change the contrast). Can anybody give me the sequence?

Thanks, as always, for any help.
jincyk
Explorer

Re: Pyra Temple statue puzzle

Postby Lady JJ » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:38 pm

jincyk wrote:Sorry to ask, but my screen is so dark that I can't manage the statue puzzle in this temple (can't easily tell which obstacles I can jump over--they all look the same, and there's no option to change the contrast). Can anybody give me the sequence?

Thanks, as always, for any help.

May not be the most elegant or the most concise, but it works. There is a considerable amount of running and jumping back and forth involved.

Pyras Temple Twin Statue Puzzle Solution
Spoiler: show
Key: R = push statue one square to the right, same with L (left) and U (up)
Ro = push statue against obstacle to the right, same with Lo and Uo

Right: Ro, Uo, Uo, Ro
Left: L, Uo, Uo, Uo, Uo, Lo
Right: R, Uo, Uo, R
Left: Uo, Uo
Right: L
Left: Uo, L
Right: U, Uo, R
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby diannew » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:31 pm

How do I use Jumping Boots. Cannot find in my invemtory
diannew
Wanderer

Postby Lady JJ » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:23 pm

diannew wrote:How do I use Jumping Boots. Cannot find in my invemtory

They don't need to be equipped. On the main screen, in the lower left corner is an A-S-D icon. A and D are left and right arrow keys to scroll through the action options. The only option you have to start is the map option. Pressing the S (select) key with the map in view gives you the world map. Use the A or D key to scroll and make the jumping shoes appear. Press S (select) and you will jump. If you want the map, just scroll to the map again and press S. Other options will appear as you gain more skills / items. There is a poison crafter option if/when Synestra gains that skill. If Synestra has the night skill, you can turn the clock ahead to midnight. There might be other options as well. In the next temple you'll find the grappling hook and that can be scrolled to and selected in the same way. Oddly, the orb shifter (found in the last temple) doesn't work that way.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby Lady JJ » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:23 pm

diannew wrote:How do I use Jumping Boots. Cannot find in my invemtory

They don't need to be equipped. On the main screen, in the lower left corner is an A-S-D icon. A and D are left and right arrow keys to scroll through the action options. The only option you have to start is the map option. Pressing the S (select) key with the map in view gives you the world map. Use the A or D key to scroll and make the jumping shoes appear. Press S (select) and you will jump. If you want the map, just scroll to the map again and press S. Other options will appear as you gain more skills / items. There is a poison crafter option if/when Synestra gains that skill. If Synestra has the night skill, you can turn the clock ahead to midnight. There might be other options as well. In the next temple you'll find the grappling hook and that can be scrolled to and selected in the same way. Oddly, the orb shifter (found in the last temple) doesn't work that way.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

still can't do the pyra statue puzzle

Postby jincyk » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:15 pm

Thanks so much for directions, but they don't work for me. Everything's fine until I get to the "Right: L" step. At that point,
I can't get on the right side of the statue to push left. I'll keep trying, but...JUST GOT IT! I hadn't been able to see that one of the obstacles at the top of the right screen could be jumped. Again, thanks tons.
jincyk
Explorer

Postby anoldguy » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:30 pm

where the heck is woodriver forest
anoldguy
Wanderer

Postby Lady JJ » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:42 pm

anoldguy wrote:where the heck is woodriver forest

There are quite a few typos / copy and paste errors in the game. Woodriver is the forest north of Draclyn Village. Unfortunately, when you access the map, it incorrectly identifies that area as Woodspell Forest. If you save in that area, the location will be correctly identified as Woodriver Forest. Woodspell Forest is the area southwest of Brightglass where Fallenrock Tower resides.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Just about to give up

Postby jincyk » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:06 pm

I hate to give up, but this room full of torches (in Pyra) is apparently impossible for me. I know what path I have to take, but I can't do it. I've never actually bailed on a game before, and I really hate doing so now--it's been a great game--but my repeated tries are becoming flat-out unpleasant. There should be some sort of bypass option--one that would cost (in trophies or whatever) but would make it possible to complete the game.
jincyk
Explorer

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers