Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Mari and the Black Tower

Re: New RPG: Mari and the Black Tower

Postby Valdy » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:00 am

jkweath wrote:So I'm gonna be completely honest, in the past couple years of developing various game prototypes and playing other games, I've gotten so used to just clicking the X that the thought never even occurred to me to add a shutdown option. I'll see about adding one in once I release an update.

So just to clarify, are the graphics not re-sizing at all once you go full-screen? I'd like to see a screenshot if you get the chance so I can figure out exactly what's going on here.

1) You will always first go into window mode to exit if you don't give a shutdown option.

2) As I said, the image is the size I mentioned earlier, and clicking on F4 only fills the rest of my screen with black. But never mind, I won't bother with the game. There are just too many things I don't like, invisible enemies are one of them.
Valdy
Explorer

cannot save game

Postby jincyk » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:27 am

I've downloaded both demo and game (paid) and am still unable to save. Is anyone else having this problem? If I can't save a game, I'll need to get my money back.
jincyk
Explorer

Re: New RPG: Mari and the Black Tower

Postby jkweath » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:49 pm

I've downloaded both demo and game (paid) and am still unable to save. Is anyone else having this problem? If I can't save a game, I'll need to get my money back.

Are you just getting an error beep when you try to save? If so, make sure the "www/save" folder is included in the same directory as the .exe file.
jkweath
Bard

Re: Mari and the Black Tower

Postby hares7293 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:44 pm

Is there a forum or walkthrough about this game ? I found no discussions on steam.

I finished the game and some things are still uncleared :

- What is the use of the teddy bear ? (key item)

- Where can i fight Tiamat and Strife ?

- Never foundthe 14th hidden message taken from floor 6

- What id the "going nowhere fast" steam achievment ?

Thanks in advance for hints
hares7293
Bard

Postby EgyLynx » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:02 pm

Hint:
RAndrews wrote:I'm not going to be trying this as the downloaded file is in rar format, and i am not prepared to pay for winrar in order to try a game demo.

7-zip think open also rar files, and it should be at freeware...
EgyLynx
Mercenary

Postby Lady JJ » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:20 pm

Am at a standstill in Level 6 of Black Tower. Have met up with Ned there and he relayed his story. He said he opened up the final gate, but I'm at a loss as to what he opened. He also tells me he'll have another map for me shortly. Floor 4 still has the blue floor lights blocking further exploration. In the cloning lab, I am being asked for a 6-digit passcode. Only found and used both 5-digit passcodes. Not sure if anyone is playing this game, but I'd sure appreciate some guidance as to where I should be going next.

For the person asking about the teddy bear
Spoiler: show
Look for a scared kid in the church

Thanks
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby Lady JJ » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:19 pm

I restarted the game to see if a new beginning would give me fresh eyes. Alas, I got stuck at the same spot. Not sure if anyone will respond, as there was no response before, but I thought I'd try one last time before giving up. Here's where I am.

Level 6 - Tech

I have 2 blue gates opened on floor 4. Gate #2 was opened with the number 42 (the answer to the universe) and Gate #4 was opened by Ned. Since Ned said he would open the "last gate," I'm certain that Gate #1 and Gate #3 should have been opened by now. I've clicked and bumped into every wall looking for a secret route. These are the only possible loose ends I can see.

I have dozens of these two items
Shrine Core Shards - A shard missing from a Shrine Core. Used with a Broken Shrine Core. Can be sold.
Shrine Core Fragments - A fragment missing from a Shrine Core. Used with a Broken Shrine Core. Can also be sold.

I have no idea where to find a Broken Shrine Core.

There is a broken crystal which, when clicked, Abbie shows ???. Do I need something physical to react with this broken crystal, or is Abbie just remembering this was her launch site into the past?

I am still unable to find the 6-digit passcode needed in the cloning lab with all the cylinders.

There is a non-functioning portal in the King's room. Should I have already found a way to fix and use it?

Quest-The Golden Essence. I have placed 2 Essence Keys (one found in the crypt, the other found in a chest reached by a sliding arrow puzzle Level 4. Should I already have found the third key purportedly to be "amongst the stars?"

I would certainly appreciate any help. It would appear that those who have finished the game are not returning to this discussion and there doesn't appear to be any new players. Attempts to contact the developer have been in vain.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby jkanavar » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:37 am

Regarding the key for the level 1 prisons and the level 2 door, once I put it together and used it on the level 2 door I don't see it in my inventory anymore and can't get into the prison locked doors. Am I missing something or is this a glitch?

Thank you in advance!
jkanavar
Peasant

Postby jkanavar » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:10 pm

Please disregard - I didn't realize that the secret prison path was only available after completing certain quests. Fun game!
jkanavar
Peasant

Postby jkanavar » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:39 am

Lady 33 - did you ever get any response to your questions? I'm stuck in the same place.
jkanavar
Peasant

Postby jkweath » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:36 am

Sorry, been awhile since I've checked here. Thanks for the emails.

Since I've had a few people now get stuck on the same spot, I'm going to go ahead and put the answer to the password on Tech floor 6 in the cyclinder room here:

Sorry for the trouble!

-Tiamat is found in a hidden area on floor 1 (check the ice part) later in the game. Strife is hidden underground the Castle floor later in the game (after reaching the 9th floor I believe)

14th message is in a house in Westvale.

Edit: since I don't actively monitor this thread, anyone who has a question or gets stuck can send me an email: jkweath@gmail.com.
jkweath
Bard

Postby Lady JJ » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:29 pm

jkanavar wrote:Lady 33 - did you ever get any response to your questions? I'm stuck in the same place.

Sorry, I'm away on vacation and have been busy doing real adventuring. :) I emailed Joshua and he gave me a hint about that area. Joshua has given the passcode above already, but I'll post the hint here for anyone who might need just a nudge.

Small hint...
The answer lies in the same room. Look beyond the locked gate.

Bigger hint...
If you don't see anything different about the cylinders, try putting your game in full screen mode. (I couldn't see any difference until I did that, but then my eyes aren't that young anymore.)

Giveaway hint...
Look for the purple-rather-than-green cylinders and note their numerical placement. Start from the top row and work down.

Big thank you to Joshua for responding to those emails and returning here to post. I am truly loving this game. It has all the elements of an RPG I like best: likable characters, great storyline, and puzzles that are solvable with logic and not speed/reflexes, and a really good balance between presenting a challenge without making fights so frustrating you feel like you can never win even a simple battle never mind a boss battle. I highly recommend this game and I'm looking forward to the next.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby gita » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:32 am

Hello, I really like this game - there's one problem for me in the ice area - cannot reach the chest - is it possible at this stage(floor 1)?
thank you
gita
Wanderer

Postby richmond » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:58 pm

I am going in circles. I have two maps. Bombs. have two key parts that I joined together although it has disappeared from my items. The only quest I decided to take for my character was the strength one from the gold idol.
I cant open the jail doors. I Cant get across the bridge without having to go into the basement again. There are two chests that will not open (3 if you include the ice chest). I am still on the demo. My characters are level 14. Been over 3 hours. Would someone please help. +::surrender
richmond
Bard

Postby Lady JJ » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:12 am

richmond wrote:I am going in circles. I have two maps. Bombs. have two key parts that I joined together although it has disappeared from my items. The only quest I decided to take for my character was the strength one from the gold idol.
I cant open the jail doors. I Cant get across the bridge without having to go into the basement again. There are two chests that will not open (3 if you include the ice chest). I am still on the demo. My characters are level 14. Been over 3 hours. Would someone please help. +::surrender

Been a while since I played, but I did take notes. Perhaps they'll help you.

Rogue Area (jail cells)
It looks like there are no exits to the right, but in the Black Tower, looks can be deceiving. The black recess in the upper right is actually a path to the rogue area. Walk across to the cell areas. Only the middle cell is accessible to you. Work your way to the right, heal at the campfire, check the sparkle, and exit left to another trio of cells. Again, only the middle cell is accessible to you. Nothing more to do right now so backtrack to the maze room and the north wooden door. Travel north to the room with the locked door. The key will unlock the door and you find yourself on a bridge with a sparkle (piece of clothing) to your right. Try to cross the bridge and it will collapse, plunging you into the basement crypt. Another sparkle reveals blood. Who else fell through? This might be a good time to teleport back to town to revisit the townspeople and replenish your healing supplies.

If it’s nighttime, the old man is still fishing outside of the item shop and Gaston is still selling bombs behind the pub. Give the scrawny man inside the pub the directions to the Shrine of Strength to fulfill that quest. Another patron tells you he found a cassette of the move ‘Black Tower.’ Talk to the barmaid, Natalya who gives you some info on Amanda’s boyfriend Chad. Up to you whether you feel pity or disdain for poor Chad. There’s a skeleton in the graveyard outside the church. Speak to it and receive a quest.

Getting out of the Crypt (Tower Level Basement)
The first room is a square room with one exit to the south. Be wary of purple pools throughout the crypt. Wading in these poisoned pools damages your party members. Travel south to a room with two exits left, two exits right, one north and one south, six exits in all. Take the upper left exit, collect what’s there and return. Take the lower left exit. Travel through the purple pond to another room to the left, then wade through the large purple pond to collect the gold. Remember to heal before your next encounter. Travel south, collect gold, then travel south again to a room with two blue torches and a red chest. There will be a battle, but you’ll find the first of three essence keys and other assorted goodies. The other areas are not accessible from this route, so return to the room with the four exits. Take the upper right exit to find a lever. Leave it for now. Take the lower right exit and collect the loot. Return to the six exits room and exit south to a room with a campfire and exits leading north, south, and east, three exits in all. You’ll find more dried blood. Explore the room to the east before using the campfire to heal. After healing, head south to a room with wide steps and a waterfall. Exit to the left, then move one room left and one room down to reach treasure in one of the previously entered rooms. Return to the room with the wide stairs and waterfall and move south to a room with a dragon skeleton. Move two rooms left to the third area previously inaccessible, return one screen right and move down to an east-west tunnel. Head west to the next room and retrieve whatever is there. Move back to east-west tunnel and continue east to find yourself back in the dragon skeleton room. There is a lever in the southern area of the dragon skeleton room. Pulling it releases a rope that allows easy access from the entrance room of Level 1 to this lower basement crypt level. Now you can return to town without using a teleport spell.

Hope this helps.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers