Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Destiny of a Wizard 2

Re: Destiny of a Wizard 2

Postby secasus » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:50 am

I did finish the game once when I was at level 48 and didn't find it too easy at all. I restarted at chapter 8 because I wanted to try all the Game of Towers rooms I opted to skip the first time. I really wanted to try battle Sir Yishay just to see if I could. +::biggrin My party is a Tanker, a Cavalier, and a Poet, and I have a Reverend that is just for support between battles.

I went through my files and double checked that I really did get the signposts you mentioned earlier (the ones in the spoiler) and I'm fairly sure I got them as the guide said to wait for some and make sure to get the one before talking to Prissie.

Thanks for checking and helping! I really appreciate it!
secasus
Peasant

Postby Lady JJ » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:14 pm

Thanks for investigating that missing signpost, CJ. I, like secasus, did find those 3 elusive ones, and I think we must be missing the same signpost. I've been crosschecking the narrative of the guide with the listing to see if I can find something there. Regardless, this is a really fine game and so worth the money. I've enjoyed the main quest, side quests, and the puzzles. And the opportunity of additional play after completion is such a bonus! I love your self-deprecating humor throughout the game. And the visual of your initials in the dungeons makes me laugh as I remember back to the mazes of Trebor and Werdna way back in the first of the Wizardry series. :)

Ultimate cookies and Girl Gamers! What more could you ask for!
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby ultimacj » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:01 pm

It is a possibility I may have left out this signpost by accident without realizing it. With over 50 to collect, this is an easy thing to over look. I will be looking over the issue and patching the game to 1.01 which will include the fix to the signpost. Since you have bought the guide, collecting all the signposts unlocks the center chest which contains the same info as in the guide to unlock the hidden class. Please refer this to unlock the class. This key item is NOT required to gain access to the character, and she may be used in a New Game as well as long as you know the code. The key item has the code on itself, for those who don't use the guide as a reference or have the guide.

If you didn't check out the locked door behind Davowies Pub after beating the game, it contains extra commentary on the game development as well as bloopers from the voice actors.

Which character did you enjoy the most (for both voice and character - if non speaking?).

I am pleased you enjoyed the game in it's entirely. I've always enjoyed games that gave me a good laugh, have that cringe factor humor, breaking 4th walls, but at the same time as well have its serious moments.

Spoiler: show
Where you mind blown that it was Zarra the whole time, or were you not fooled?

I do remember playing Wizardry doing similar references (Ironic since the game's best spell is called that), hard game but it had it's moments.

There will be a third game in the series down the road when I have time to work on it. As well as I've spoken to David Camperman (The Narrator of the game), and he is looking forward to doing the "voice" of the Narrator in the third installment. Until then you'll need to ponder what future adventure awaits the Blue Wizard...?
ultimacj
Wanderer

Postby ultimacj » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:38 am

Destiny of a Wizard 2 has been patched to 1.01. Here is the change has been implemented:

There was a signpost originally in the Sub. Caves but it was removed originally, as stated before, should have been 50 signposts but apparently (and possibly) only giving up to 49 signposts. This signpost has been added. I've looked carefully and didn't see any other mishaps and this should give the player a total of 50 signposts should they undertake the full quest.

To locate this signpost, make your way towards Zarra's Castle Ruins to the south. Enter the cave that connects to the south end. The signpost will be near that area, beside the chest. Examine this signpost to get a marker. The game guide has also been updated along with the #11 missing location. You'll find both these edits in the signpost marker section of the guide.

These updates has been applied to main website as well as Aldorea's BMT page for re-downloading. If you're unable to download, please contact me directly at ultimacj@gmail.com and contact me.

Thanks!

CJ Fantuzzo / UltimaCJ Productions
ultimacj
Wanderer

Postby Lady JJ » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:21 pm

ultimacj wrote:Destiny of a Wizard 2 has been patched to 1.01. Here is the change has been implemented:

There was a signpost originally in the Sub. Caves but it was removed originally, as stated before, should have been 50 signposts but apparently (and possibly) only giving up to 49 signposts. This signpost has been added. I've looked carefully and didn't see any other mishaps and this should give the player a total of 50 signposts should they undertake the full quest.

To locate this signpost, make your way towards Zarra's Castle Ruins to the south. Enter the cave that connects to the south end. The signpost will be near that area, beside the chest. Examine this signpost to get a marker. The game guide has also been updated along with the #11 missing location. You'll find both these edits in the signpost marker section of the guide.

These updates has been applied to main website as well as Aldorea's BMT page for re-downloading. If you're unable to download, please contact me directly at ultimacj@gmail.com and contact me.

Thanks!

CJ Fantuzzo / UltimaCJ Productions

Signpost issue resolved. Thanks so much! Have sent an email regarding the revised Game Guide.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby ultimacj » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:52 pm

I've addressed the error with the file link in BMT. Those who have purchased the guide should be able to download the correct file now. If you have any problems, please let me know.
ultimacj
Wanderer

Postby Lady JJ » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:57 pm

ultimacj wrote:Which character did you enjoy the most (for both voice and character - if non speaking?).

I am pleased you enjoyed the game in it's entirely. I've always enjoyed games that gave me a good laugh, have that cringe factor humor, breaking 4th walls, but at the same time as well have its serious moments.

Where you mind blown that it was Zarra the whole time, or were you not fooled?

I do remember playing Wizardry doing similar references (Ironic since the game's best spell is called that), hard game but it had it's moments.

There will be a third game in the series down the road when I have time to work on it. As well as I've spoken to David Camperman (The Narrator of the game), and he is looking forward to doing the "voice" of the Narrator in the third installment. Until then you'll need to ponder what future adventure awaits the Blue Wizard...?

Truthfully, the character I enjoyed the most was an NPC.
The Narrator :)

I'm partial to the Bard, but I'm excited to be getting to know the Girl Gamer now.

As for your spoiler question
I thought all along that they were in cahoots with each other, just didn't realize how closely intertwined those cahoots were!

Very much looking forward to the next game. I'm sure it will take some time as DoaW2 is quite expansive. In the meantime, I've still got DoaW2 to finish and more secrets to uncover. Thanks for taking the time to fix the signposts.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby Lady JJ » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:47 pm

Having trouble with the final escape. I can evade all the flames except for the last one. My strategy has been to approach from middle to move directly across to door. I try to leave as soon as flame passes by, but cannot make it through. If I try any lower or higher then I need to make 2 moves, 1 across and 1 up/down and that doesn't seem to be working either. Any help appreciated.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby ultimacj » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:01 pm

Lady JJ wrote:Having trouble with the final escape. I can evade all the flames except for the last one. My strategy has been to approach from middle to move directly across to door. I try to leave as soon as flame passes by, but cannot make it through. If I try any lower or higher then I need to make 2 moves, 1 across and 1 up/down and that doesn't seem to be working either. Any help appreciated.

For the flames that zap you back to beginning of the room, for the most part carefully walk until you get to the other side. The final flame, which is the fastest, the best tactic as it makes it way up [make sure you're postioned exactly in the middle] (right AFTER the middle square where you've postioned yourself the flame leaves) quickly sprint and bolt forward. You'll pass the flame as it makes it way down. You only have a fraction or so of a second or two to pass this last flame to reach the door. The rest of the escape route is self linear to the boat.

Hope this helps! Good luck!
ultimacj
Wanderer

Postby Lady JJ » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:25 pm

Thanks. I did finally make it through that last flame and finished the game. I do have a question though....

When you get to the boat, it asks whether you want to set sail or wait for a shadow (something like that anyway).
I opted to set sail since I didn't want to have to go through those flames again. Is it worth it to replay the escape again and wait for the shadow?
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby ultimacj » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:53 pm

Lady JJ wrote:Thanks. I did finally make it through that last flame and finished the game. I do have a question though....

When you get to the boat, it asks whether you want to set sail or wait for a shadow (something like that anyway).
I opted to set sail since I didn't want to have to go through those flames again. Is it worth it to replay the escape again and wait for the shadow?

Destiny of a Wizard 1 and 2 are a parody and references to other games (some of which are my personal favorite). The "wait for a Shadow" is reference to Final Fantasy III / VI. There is an escape sequence in the game where you actually have to wait for the character to show up, who is called Shadow. There's no need to actually wait. Waiting just causes your impending doom :P Congrats and enjoy the ending :)
ultimacj
Wanderer

Postby crystal7 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:17 pm

so to get the new version of the guide and game, do we just re-download it from the links we were sent? Thanks
crystal7
Peasant

Postby ultimacj » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:18 pm

I believe so. However, if you have having any problems redownloading or the link has expired, please contact me directly so I can investigate the matter further. If required, I can resend you the files.
ultimacj
Wanderer

Postby crystal7 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:47 pm

ok, thanks, my links are still active so I was able to re-download with no problems, just wanted to make sure there would be no problems with my previous save files if I downloaded the upgraded version
crystal7
Peasant

Postby ultimacj » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:55 pm

Save files are completely compatible with the 1.01 update. Just copy the save files from the root directory to the new install location or over write the install over the current files. The game should see it.
ultimacj
Wanderer

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers