Re: Labyronia Elements

Postby Labrys » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:05 am

Lady JJ wrote:Thanks! <3

No probs and good luck for the finale!
Labrys
Wanderer

Postby Lady JJ » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:59 pm

Labrys wrote:No probs and good luck for the finale!

This game is awesome!!! Finally reached the final boss and working out a strategy. Have only made one (failed) attempt thus far, so not asking for help yet. I do have a question about Glimthar Village though. Are you supposed to be able to get beyond the locked and sealed doors there? If it's meant to only be solved by hard core adventurers, don't feel like you have to give the solution. Just a simple yes or no would suffice. Or maybe the seal will be broken once I complete the final battle?
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby Labrys » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:22 am

Lady JJ wrote:
Labrys wrote:No probs and good luck for the finale!

This game is awesome!!! Finally reached the final boss and working out a strategy. Have only made one (failed) attempt thus far, so not asking for help yet. I do have a question about Glimthar Village though. Are you supposed to be able to get beyond the locked and sealed doors there? If it's meant to only be solved by hard core adventurers, don't feel like you have to give the solution. Just a simple yes or no would suffice. Or maybe the seal will be broken once I complete the final battle?

One of the seals which was the golden one should already be broken after the Blazing King's defeat, allowing access to one house in Glimthar. The rest can't be entered. Also, thank you very much for playing the game again :-)
Last edited by Labrys on Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Labrys
Wanderer

Postby Lady JJ » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:38 am

Just finished the final battle and I have mixed feelings: happy that I finished the game, but sad that I'm no longer playing. I did find quite a few equipment pieces that gave pretty good skills and resistances. I did find Dinyon's hat, but I think it was Crodin's hat that was the difference maker in the final battle. Not sure I could have survived without Crodin's headpiece. I'm sure I didn't find all the available gear equipment, but I did find a lot. So, here is my review.

This game is an incredible epic journey. It could have easily been broken into 2 or 3 parts, each being well worth the current cost of this one game. Replenishing health and spirit takes a little getting used to in the beginning but soon becomes a very efficient way of handling monsters without the constant need for using healing items. The monsters are very well balanced throughout the game.

Things I liked bout the game (and some I didn't)
The format of exploring 4 different worlds with 4 different parties keeps this long game from becoming boring. Just when you get to the point of your characters easily slashing their way through anything that comes their way, you are brought back to the base and begin again with new entry level characters.
Each of the 4 worlds are totally different, each with their own unique stories, maps and monsters. And, somehow, all the characters tie in beautifully at the end.
The mazes - boy, some were really hard! Especially since they almost all wrapped north/south and east/west. But they all became easily navigable because of the landmarks. Burning Plains posed a bit of a problem because of hidden passageways, but most were very straightforward. The only one I really didn't care for was the water spouts. I know there was at least one ancient chest I just left behind because, though I could see it, I just couldn't find the way to get to it. When I finally reached the exit, I just kept on going and vowed to never look back!
The puzzles-Where to start? The mazes, the mini-quests, the ice sliding, the boulders, these were all so much fun. Not so much fun were the puzzles where you needed to physically dodge or outrace to win. I would have far preferred thinking-strategy puzzles (like the twin statues or more buttons and boulders type puzzles. But you can't please everybody, and I'm sure there will be some who will say that they hate those type of puzzles and would prefer the physical reflex games. I applaud the developer for trying to put a little something in there to please everyone, but I do think making game progression dependent upon solving these mini-games has put some potential players off. I will point out that once that puzzle has been mastered, you never have to contend with it again. I surely appreciated that after every hard maze/chase/etc., there was always a short-cut that could then be opened up for a much easier return access. The developer put a lot of thought into this game.
Character development-I loved the use of weapons and armors to gain attributes, especially as the gear could be passed around for others to learn as well. It was a hard decision to decide what equipment to place on my heroes in that final battle.
The story-and, without giving away too much of the plot, there are only so many ways you can spin a story around a demon trying to destroy the world and a gang of unlikely heroes trying to save the world. Yet, this was a fresh approach. The characters weren't perfect, in fact, some quite flawed, and they were absolutely eclectic. Yet, diversity became the theme of the game, not hope vs evil, but diversity vs evil.
Game value-Ummm, I've seen games (even bought one or two) that gave 4 or 5 hours of play, only to end with 'to be continued,' for a lot more money than this game. To my mind, Labyronia Elements is right up there with any of the Millenium installments (not the whole series of course, nothing could surpass that).
Game play-I experienced no bugs or glitches. Transitions were smooth and load times were minimal.
Wishlist-a way to bypass puzzles that become way too frustrating and a guide with maps.

Thank you for making such an enjoyable game. Can I just say one more time.... This game is awesome!
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby Labrys » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:55 pm

Thank you for your review! : -)
Labrys
Wanderer

Cindyral--where are the Ruins?

Postby jincyk » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:52 pm

I'm back playing this fine game and am unable to locate the Ruins. Where the heck are they? Near what?
jincyk
Explorer

Zemocon

Postby poshpaws » Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:44 pm

I am in Nuterra and near the end. I'm struggling to beat the last Legendary Boss Zemocon. Does anyone remember what you need in order to beat him?
poshpaws
Bard

Postby Labrys » Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:01 am

Developer here. I just wanted to warn you about a certain bug that is in this version of the game. I'm not able to fix it since the source code is lost. It's not too probable you'd trigger it, but just in case...

So, in the world of Air, if you get the item called Iron Saw somehow *before* you complete the level 3 Thieve's trial, do *not* use the item to break iron bars. This could lead to a game breaking situation. When you get the saw from the trial, you're free to use it.
Labrys
Wanderer

Previous

Return to Games from other Developers