Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Labyronia Elements

Re: New RPG: Labyronia Elements

Postby darkange » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:05 pm

Labrys wrote:Developer question: Has anyone yet managed to beat the game and if so, how did you like it? Whatever's your point in the game, I hope you've enjoyed the product so far and I'm very thankful and honored to all of you who've bought the game and took the challenge, whether it was your cup of tea or not! Happy adventures, everyone, and if you've had a good time, I promise the conclusion to this game shouldn't disappoint!

Thank you all.

-Labyritnhine

I finished the game ... is there a special section where I can write about it or I should just write here ?
I don't stop when I'm tired, I stop when I am done.
(David Goggins)
darkange
Bounty Hunter

Postby Labrys » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:02 pm

darkange wrote:
Labrys wrote:Developer question: Has anyone yet managed to beat the game and if so, how did you like it? Whatever's your point in the game, I hope you've enjoyed the product so far and I'm very thankful and honored to all of you who've bought the game and took the challenge, whether it was your cup of tea or not! Happy adventures, everyone, and if you've had a good time, I promise the conclusion to this game shouldn't disappoint!

Thank you all.

-Labyritnhine

I finished the game ... is there a special section where I can write about it or I should just write here ?

There doesn't seem to be any special sections for that, so I suppose you could just write it here! (correct me if I'm wrong admin)
Labrys
Wanderer

Postby Indinera » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:46 pm

It's the thread of the game so yeah here is perfect.
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby darkange » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:58 am

all right ... I am just going to start .... in my opinion of having played a lot of rpg maker games ... this one is a masterpiece that rise to the level of Indy's best games like TBOL/Laxius series/Milenium/Asguard .
The fact that it is very long doesn't make it boring at all because the story is so good and the battles are perfect for me (not too hard/not too easy) ...

I would say that this game has the hardest labyrinths ever in any game I played in my life ... and I am a guy who is also bad at spacial orientation. If you are a dude in general you are born with a good spacial orientation ... but not me ... I was so bad at it but I have gotten better ironically from playing rpgs and games that were forcing you to learn to orient yourself and not get lost ... if I had started playing labyronia elements 3 or 4 years ago ... I would have probably given up at the first sight of a very hard labyrinth like the one with the fog in the water world (where you have to find the exist without seeing anything on the screen at some point) That labyrinth will probably make a lot of people just give up in frustration in my opinion... regardless I just stuck around like a maniac in the hardest moments because I really wanted to see the ending .

Despite the hard puzzles and the labyrinths being a pain in the ass ... the game still made me stuck around because of the story, the attention to details, the battles, the atmosphere, the soundtracks and the well written characters . No matter how many items you collect and even with all full legendary gear from Ibliz ... the final battle was still the hardest and the longest - but I loved it.
Also I never played the other labyronia rpgs ... I just started with this one .. after this one I went back and played your newest release : world of labyrinths : labyronia and a lot of things made sense after that . Finished that one too and now I understand so much better what's with Arres.

Then I got too curious and went and played labyronia 2 to see what happens to the rest of the characters... I don't know why some people said on steam that labyronia 2 is kind of weak and they don't remember much from it... I tought it was great ... and the final battle's music was soooo good... better than any other song in that game.

My final note is : it is worth finishing this game ... even if you didn't played the other labyronia games ... but if you had then you obviously need to finish this one to see what happens .

I understand that the series is not finished yet ... when do you think you will release the next labyronia game ?
I don't stop when I'm tired, I stop when I am done.
(David Goggins)
darkange
Bounty Hunter

Postby Labrys » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:59 am

@darkange
Thank you for your review! It was nice to hear you liked the game. I'm having a break now from game development, so it'll probably take a bit longer before the next Labyronia game.

Edit: You apparently got the right version, but for players in general:
If you want to play the first Labyronia game, please don't play "Labyronia RPG." It's an old version of the first game. The remake is a lot better and it's called "The World of Labyrinths: Labyronia."
A thumb rule is, if a game has the "RPG" abbreviation on its name, it's lower quality. These were originally freeware games.

The real main series currently only has 2 games:
"The World of Labyrinths: Labyronia."
"Labyronia Elements"
Last edited by Labrys on Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Labrys
Wanderer

Postby Lady JJ » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:36 pm

Enjoying the game thus far. Had finished Fire World, though I restarted because I was giving all the heavy spells to Auridus and realized that wasn't the best strategy. I found the torch puzzle impossible to do, so I wrote a BASIC program simulating keypresses to get me through there in the allotted time frame. If anyone has quit the game because of the torch puzzle and wants to send me their saved file up to that point, I can try to get you through there. Not looking forward to the snowball chase when I get to the water world.

The game is very well done. I like the idea of continually starting with low level characters each world. The mazes are tough, but I'm certain that the developer intended them to be, hence the name.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby Lady JJ » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:41 pm

Does anybody remember where to find Berithe's Robe? I found it once, but then went to a previous save and now I can't find it again. Landmarks would be terrific if you can provide them. Thanks.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Re: Labyronia Elements

Postby Lady JJ » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:16 pm

In the midst of Water World and finally outran the giant snowball. As with the torch, I couldn't do it with my own reflexes, so I wrote another BASIC program that simulates keypresses. Because of the intricate timing, it took me 6 hours yesterday and another 4 today to finally get the sequence to win. But at least I can progress with this game. The offer is still good for anyone who has quit playing because of the torch and the snowball timed events to send me your saved game and I'll (hopefully) get you through it.

Never could do the Tree Chase. I spent 20+ hours on that one trying to get the timing down on the branch stumbles to no avail. I was never able to get beyond 42 seconds and didn't see an exit in sight, so I gave up on that one completely.

The fact that I spent so many hours trying to find an alternative way to progress says a lot about how much I am enjoying this game. Timed/Chase events excluded, I'm loving solving all the different puzzles. This is definitely not your typical hack-n-slash game. +::YAY
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby Labrys » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:48 am

Lady JJ wrote:In the midst of Water World and finally outran the giant snowball. As with the torch, I couldn't do it with my own reflexes, so I wrote another BASIC program that simulates keypresses. Because of the intricate timing, it took me 6 hours yesterday and another 4 today to finally get the sequence to win. But at least I can progress with this game. The offer is still good for anyone who has quit playing because of the torch and the snowball timed events to send me your saved game and I'll (hopefully) get you through it.

Never could do the Tree Chase. I spent 20+ hours on that one trying to get the timing down on the branch stumbles to no avail. I was never able to get beyond 42 seconds and didn't see an exit in sight, so I gave up on that one completely.

The fact that I spent so many hours trying to find an alternative way to progress says a lot about how much I am enjoying this game. Timed/Chase events excluded, I'm loving solving all the different puzzles. This is definitely not your typical hack-n-slash game. +::YAY

You probably already know this, but the tree chase is optional; it can be skipped if the player talks to the old man after failing enough times. At any rate, it's good to hear you've been enjoying the game despite the hard parts! Good news is, you've already cleared the hardest speed sequences such as the snowball scene.
Labrys
Wanderer

Postby Lady JJ » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:26 pm

Labrys wrote:You probably already know this, but the tree chase is optional; it can be skipped if the player talks to the old man after failing enough times. At any rate, it's good to hear you've been enjoying the game despite the hard parts! Good news is, you've already cleared the hardest speed sequences such as the snowball scene.

Re: tree chase, I did skip it (as I think everyone else has done except for maybe one person). Programming is a hobby, so I really wanted to see if I could get the timing down, but not so. I haven't heard about any other speed sequences so I'm pretty sure I can finish the game.

I heard there is a prequel to Labyronia Elements. Is it available as a stand-alone?
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby Lady JJ » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:27 am

Finished Water World, but without finding the 3rd legendary creature. I found the Playful Fairy and Crodin, but not a 3rd. Can someone give me a clue as to where to search? Starting with which underwater spout? I've gotten 3 guardian ashes and will proceed to the Wind World, but would prefer to back up to a saved game and get that 3rd legendary monster. Thanks.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby Lady JJ » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:59 am

Have fused the worlds and now traveling with old companions in the Spirit World. I've sent all the Radiant Ones to Areatha, have defeated 3 legendary monsters, and still cannot find the Observatory in the Mysteria Tower. Where is it? There's a locked door when I climb the vine to the right, but I have no idea how to open it. Help....

Edit-In desperation, I played with the sound on (something I rarely if ever do) and the 'clicks' gave me the clue I needed in the Mysteria Tower / Old Lobby. This is such an amazing game. Even suspecting the revelation of the Final Ritual, I was still blown away when it happened. Off to find the Elemental Discs.

I have to say that I think more people would stick to this game if (1) there were a way to get past those sometimes impossible timed reflex games and (2) there were more support here on the forum from other players and the developer. This could, and should, be one of the most popular games thus far in 2018.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby Labrys » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:12 am

Lady JJ wrote:Have fused the worlds and now traveling with old companions in the Spirit World. I've sent all the Radiant Ones to Areatha, have defeated 3 legendary monsters, and still cannot find the Observatory in the Mysteria Tower. Where is it? There's a locked door when I climb the vine to the right, but I have no idea how to open it. Help....

Edit-In desperation, I played with the sound on (something I rarely if ever do) and the 'clicks' gave me the clue I needed in the Mysteria Tower / Old Lobby. This is such an amazing game. Even suspecting the revelation of the Final Ritual, I was still blown away when it happened. Off to find the Elemental Discs.

I have to say that I think more people would stick to this game if (1) there were a way to get past those sometimes impossible timed reflex games and (2) there were more support here on the forum from other players and the developer. This could, and should, be one of the most popular games thus far in 2018.

Thanks for the encouraging words! Perhaps I should get more active helping the players get past some hard parts, since the playerbase is not exactly big. I'm not too good at marketing -.-
Labrys
Wanderer

Postby Lady JJ » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:12 pm

Hints for gaining the 5 Elemental Disks (this comes after all 4 worlds are visited and the worlds are fused)
Some ghost mages (Fire and Water) come out of one of the end rooms. The easiest way to interact is to face in their direction and wait for them to get close to you, then press 'enter.'

Spirit-It's there for the taking, just grab it. However, you must have gained your light before doing so. Sometimes you just have to look beyond those ancient chests.
Earth-The gardener has more than just common goods for sale.
Air-Heed the advice of the 'locked out' mage. Librarians hold a trove of information.

Fire-??? Scene keeps repeating with 'Master' calling his student 'good for nothing' and Geren racing back and forth to his master. Does Geren want/need something?

Water-??? Need to find acid (given an empty bottle to collect ???
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby Labrys » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:28 pm

Lady JJ wrote:Hints for gaining the 5 Elemental Disks (this comes after all 4 worlds are visited and the worlds are fused)
Some ghost mages (Fire and Water) come out of one of the end rooms. The easiest way to interact is to face in their direction and wait for them to get close to you, then press 'enter.'

Spirit-It's there for the taking, just grab it. However, you must have gained your light before doing so. Sometimes you just have to look beyond those ancient chests.
Earth-The gardener has more than just common goods for sale.
Air-Heed the advice of the 'locked out' mage. Librarians hold a trove of information.

Fire-??? Scene keeps repeating with 'Master' calling his student 'good for nothing' and Geren racing back and forth to his master. Does Geren want/need something?

Water-??? Need to find acid (given an empty bottle to collect ???

Geren should give you a book once you've spoken to the old man's ghost in the storage section of the Tower, right after the lobby. You should then return this book to the old man (hopefully I remembered this right)

For water, the gardener's place has this green liquid (acid) on the southern part of the room you can store in the bottle.
Labrys
Wanderer

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers