Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

The Prophecy Lies

Re: New RPG: The Prophecy Lies

Postby Lady JJ » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:20 pm

sjr223 wrote:I have the ruby key .... . I went to the Grimm Grove and illumated 5 musrooms. I see a square there (without a V) on it. I got a Shadow Repeler in a red chest. Found secret #8 .... but I still cannot open the ruby chest. It just says I need to help more people.
How do I know which version I have?
I got 1.0.2 ... and then went back and go the latest demo to upgrade... (doesn't give a version on it.)

I'm pretty sure there are more than 5 mushrooms to illuminate. Maybe 10? There are 2 different kinds of mushrooms if that helps. Do you have the Sapphire Key?
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby Lady JJ » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:29 pm

GrannyC wrote:I like this game very much. It has a lot of interesting things to do. I have played it twice. The first time I did every thing and found all except secret rooms 2, 8, and 10. The second time after realizing what all of the secret rooms had in common I found all but #8. Can any one tell me where I should be looking? I have been all over the world twice.
Also where is the Library of Begdala?

Go back to the monastery (inside) and talk to Sister Matilda. Everything else will then fall into place. You'll need to revisit each temple/mine/cave dungeon to find the right one, but you'll know it's the right one as soon as you enter, so no need to go banging your head against the walls. Enter, and if no reaction from the rune, exit and move on to the next. Or, you could just...
Spoiler: show
Go to the cave near Floga where you fought the vampire. Make sure you also have the Green Eye Gem found in a red chest in the Fire Temple.

Once again, awesome game! :)
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby OrfeasGS » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:15 am

Thank you LadyJJ for helping the other players in the forum, that is very nice of you! I think a guide should be a good choice for our next game!

The Prophecy Lies! has been updated to version 1.0.7 from 1.0.5 (skipping 1.0.6), since there was a number of fixes and changes in the game. What was fixed, in more detail:
1) Some random typos have been fixed.
2) The Lorebook ghost now counts for seven pages in your lorebook: (a)Tiborea and its structure (b)The four magic crystals (c)Grimm Grove, the illustrous (d)Panom'Arahian religion (e)The flogian vampires (f)The Vertaxo ruins (g)Unkown diary records.
3) Two characters have been created to talk about the Grimm Grove.
4) Player will now be notified after every energized mushroom in the Grimm Grove. (there are 8 mushroom that must be energized)
5) Ending cutscenes have been regulated and fixed. Hopefully the freezes there have been fixed.
6) More information about the Rune of Clairvoyance has been put in the game in form of dialog. Sister Matilda now drops a hint on where to use it.
7) The Krino Flower quest: sister Maribelle now tells you if you are able to do the quest right now or try later.

These fixes are not essential for all gamers. The bug where the game would freeze at the end appeared only to a couple of players, not everyone. If you don't care about the last cutscene of the game, you can safely skip this version.

How to properly update your game:
Follow these steps one by one:
1) Uninstall the game from your pc.
2) Redownload the game from the link in the e-mail you received after you purchased it.
3) Install the new game.
4) Done!
OrfeasGS
Mercenary

Postby GrannyC » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:34 pm

Lady JJ wrote:
GrannyC wrote:I like this game very much. It has a lot of interesting things to do. I have played it twice. The first time I did every thing and found all except secret rooms 2, 8, and 10. The second time after realizing what all of the secret rooms had in common I found all but #8. Can any one tell me where I should be looking? I have been all over the world twice.
Also where is the Library of Begdala?

Go back to the monastery (inside) and talk to Sister Matilda. Everything else will then fall into place. You'll need to revisit each temple/mine/cave dungeon to find the right one, but you'll know it's the right one as soon as you enter, so no need to go banging your head against the walls. Enter, and if no reaction from the rune, exit and move on to the next. Or, you could just...
Go to the cave near Floga where you fought the vampire. Make sure you also have the Green Eye Gem found in a red chest in the Fire Temple.

Once again, awesome game! :)

Thank you so much!!! I didn't realize she was in the room with the mother. I thought I had revisited everyone there. That was a sneaky hiding place. +::biggrin
GrannyC
Bounty Hunter

Postby sjr223 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:59 pm

Thank You for all your help! .... It was the mushrooms. I needed 2 more ........ now I can open the ruby chest.
Great game! Thanks again..
sjr223
Bard

Postby Lady JJ » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:28 am

OrfeasGS wrote:Thank you LadyJJ for helping the other players in the forum, that is very nice of you! I think a guide should be a good choice for our next game!

No thanks required. It is an absolute pleasure to continue talking about this game and its story. 'Tis I who should be thanking you. :)
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby OrfeasGS » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:34 pm

Lady JJ wrote:
OrfeasGS wrote:Thank you LadyJJ for helping the other players in the forum, that is very nice of you! I think a guide should be a good choice for our next game!

No thanks required. It is an absolute pleasure to continue talking about this game and its story. 'Tis I who should be thanking you. :)

You are the best! +::kiss
OrfeasGS
Mercenary

Postby OrfeasGS » Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:42 am

The Prophecy Lies has been updated to version 1.0.8 from 1.0.7, fixing a small, but important
issue, where a loop of dialog could appear when player first entered the Vortis World, not allowing
to continue further. If you are playing on a version prior to this one, please save your progress
before entering the vortex in the Mystic Clearing (purple tree - after the Ancient Fire Temple).

To update your game, follow these steps:
1. Uninstall The Prophecy Lies! from your computer.
2. Redownload the game from the link in the e-mail you received after purchasing it.
3. Install the game.
4. Done!

Apologies to anyone who encountered this issue!
OrfeasGS
Mercenary

my 2 scents

Postby kimo » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:05 pm

For what it's worth, here's my 2 cents re: The Prophecy Lies. First, I will be playing it a second time (maybe in "hard" mode instead of "normal" since I found the normal mode somewhat easy). It is an enjoyable game in so many aspects. Even if you are a "completionist", you will most likely not finish everything before the final battle. I missed 2 secret rooms and apparently 2 different areas. I talk to everyone and search everything.

There are some design aspects I found weak. The most prevalent was the need to constantly return to previously explored areas just because a new item/quest was found. Also, the various colored keys to open chests (with excellent goodies) virtually require you to write down the location of the chests when you find them before you find the keys. Otherwise, good luck remembering which colored chest is where.

Also, I am not sure I like the sparkles marking stuff you need to pick up. It makes the game playable in less time, though.

The game ends as soon as
you complete the final fight in the fire cave even though you find a major gem in that cave to advance the game.
I was surprised the game did not allow me to continue after the final boss fight, given that many things are found/discovered late in the game.

For the developer: I am tired of spending money for game guides when a simple text file could be included for free. General, not exact, location descriptions of chests, areas available to explore, basic spell effects for non-intuitive spell descriptions (i.e. we all know what silence, poison, and paralyze do) and stuff like that will suffice for many people.

But, all-in-all, the game was fun to play and definitely worth the money and time.

Mahalo nui loa,
Kimo
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby OrfeasGS » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:03 am

@kimo

Thank you for your input, kimo! I hope you don't mind if I quote parts of your post to address to them.

I am tired of spending money for game guides when a simple text file could be included for free. General, not exact, location descriptions of chests, areas available to explore, basic spell effects for non-intuitive spell descriptions (i.e. we all know what silence, poison, and paralyze do) and stuff like that will suffice for many people.

Totally agree. I was thinking more of like The Deal's guide. Free, basic, informative and accompanying the game.

There are some design aspects I found weak. The most prevalent was the need to constantly return to previously explored areas just because a new item/quest was found. Also, the various colored keys to open chests (with excellent goodies) virtually require you to write down the location of the chests when you find them before you find the keys. Otherwise, good luck remembering which colored chest is where.

Backtracking... yeah I don't like it either, but it was a concious development choice to expand the already existing world rather than just adding on it. I understand that it may have been tiresome, but I hope it was worth it at the end (loot, rewards, fun time). About the places of the colored legendary chests; we actually thought that their place would stick to the player's mind, since what you do to find them is very different than what you normally do. I mean... energizing magical mushrooms in a secret forest? I don't think people do that every day in games! Nonetheless, I agree that their existence and locations should have been better documented.

Also, I am not sure I like the sparkles marking stuff you need to pick up. It makes the game playable in less time, though.

Imagine people bumping on trees, rocks, barrels and flowers and mashing the action button to hopefully, maybe, get a potion! That's what we were thinking and that's why we have the sparkles. However, I believe they should be more discreet, meaning either *fewer* sparkly stars or different transparency. We'll see about that in the next game.

But, all-in-all, the game was fun to play and definitely worth the money and time.

Thank you! It really means a lot reading good comments about our games, especially this one. We put too much time and too much investment on The Prophecy Lies! and we are more than happy seeing that pretty much every one liked it! +::heart
OrfeasGS
Mercenary

Lorebook 7th entry

Postby kimo » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:09 pm

I think something may have changed from previous versions. I cannot get the person in the Library to give me something until I find the missing 7th page, "The flogian vampires".

Where are those sparkles when you need them? +::biggrin

+::sos ... anyone?

aloha,
kimo

@OrfeasGS
You are welcome. I am always willing to give objective feedback.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby Rabbit » Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:40 pm

Thanks for a relaxing, yet fun game. I enjoyed the emphasis on exploration, and I *thought* I found everything in my second time through... But I'm stuck in the same place as Kimo, can't get the 7th page for the lorebook. Need a hint, please?
Rabbit
Mercenary

Postby OrfeasGS » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:48 pm

I just checked... it seems that in the last update, we actually forgot to put that in... +::O_o
Unfortunately we won't be able to update the game for three days. Please wait for a new release in three to four days. This "hidden" quest awards you with an accessory 2 piece of equipment. It's not needed to proceed further in the game. But, of course, it's needed for completionism reasons. You can continue playing normally until the new version is out. Sorry for this issue.
OrfeasGS
Mercenary

Postby OrfeasGS » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:42 pm

The Prophecy Lies! has been updated to version 1.0.9 +::wizard

Problems fixed:
1) Flogian vampires book is now obtainable in the Floga Mines (crazy morphing wizard quest), if you fly down the hole. Meaning, now, the ghost in Begdala Library will be able to reward you.
2) Several typos have been fixed.
3) Some minor bugfixes.
4) Some minor balance issues fixed.
5) A small guide or just Adventurer's Notes pdf has been put in the folder of the game. Navigate to:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Orfeas Game Studio\The Prophecy Lies!\The Prophecy Lies!\Adventurer'sNotes
and you will be able to see the pdf. You are free to do whatever you want with it!

How to update the game?
1) Uninstall The Prophecy Lies! normally
2) Re-download the game from the link you received after purchasing it
3) Install the newly downloaded game
4) Done!
+::heart
OrfeasGS
Mercenary

Postby Lady JJ » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:36 pm

OrfeasGS wrote:The Prophecy Lies! has been updated to version 1.0.9 +::wizard

Problems fixed:
1) Flogian vampires book is now obtainable in the Floga Mines (crazy morphing wizard quest), if you fly down the hole. Meaning, now, the ghost in Begdala Library will be able to reward you.
2) Several typos have been fixed.
3) Some minor bugfixes.
4) Some minor balance issues fixed.
5) A small guide or just Adventurer's Notes pdf has been put in the folder of the game. Navigate to:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Orfeas Game Studio\The Prophecy Lies!\The Prophecy Lies!\Adventurer'sNotes
and you will be able to see the pdf. You are free to do whatever you want with it!

How to update the game?
1) Uninstall The Prophecy Lies! normally
2) Re-download the game from the link you received after purchasing it
3) Install the newly downloaded game
4) Done!
+::heart

Thanks for this update. The 7th page was recoverable and the Keeper of Truth gave his reward. Yay!

But, (no panic, it's my 'but' not yours :) ), just when I thought I had completed every last detail, I noticed I might be missing a cookbook. I didn't do any cooking first time through, but in nightmare mode, the food helps a lot. I have 3 cookbooks: Basic, Master, and Royal Cooking Degree. Is there another?
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers