Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Fantasy Heroes

Re: New RPG: Fantasy Heroes

Postby Lumen » Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:48 pm

Vald wrote:Lumen, did you read my post regarding the missing file?

Yes, sorry, I fixed it, please check (redownload the demo) and let me know if you still experience a problem with that part.
Lumen
Wanderer

Postby Nyx » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:43 pm

Cute game - One thing it is missing tho - the "Dash" options. these guys go at a snails pace.....

+::grrr
NYX
Nyx
DreamLord of Myst

Postby Valdy » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:07 pm

Yes, thank you, Lumen, it works now. I had to fight a tough Winterpillar.

I am a bit on the fence with this game. I am a "roaming through towns, meeting people, getting quests, and going into buildings" kind of gamer, and so far there hasn't been a town or house I was able to enter. Instead a person appears when I want to enter a place, who sells me stuff or tells me something.
Will there be towns and buildings I can enter after the demo, and will I get quests from people? Because if the game continues as it has in the demo, then it's not for me, because it's a little too bare of things I look for in a game.
Valdy
Explorer

Postby Gorilla4 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:23 pm

I am at the beginning of the game. I like it. If I encounter any bugs, I let you know. It's a little different from Luminescence, but I recognize the gameplay. I like the map too. This game has it's own style that I simply adore! Good work!
Gorilla4
Bard

Postby kimo » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:54 pm

Vald wrote:Yes, thank you, Lumen, it works now. I had to fight a tough Winterpillar.

I am a bit on the fence with this game. I am a "roaming through towns, meeting people, getting quests, and going into buildings" kind of gamer, and so far there hasn't been a town or house I was able to enter. Instead a person appears when I want to enter a place, who sells me stuff or tells me something.
Will there be towns and buildings I can enter after the demo, and will I get quests from people? Because if the game continues as it has in the demo, then it's not for me, because it's a little too bare of things I look for in a game.

I concur with Vald. I prefer a story line with characters who develop, optional/required quests that advance the plot or result in significant goodies, and exploring buildings to occasionally find a secret.

I'll try the demo, though, and see what happens. I think a demo should be a good representation of the full game even if it is a stand-alone demo like some developers have decided upon.

aloha,
kimo
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby Lady JJ » Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:03 pm

Tried to enter the final castle and game crashed with this error

Unable to find file:
Graphics/Characters/SGate2

Thoughts so far: Gameplay is smooth, character and storyline development are minimal, though there are some funny dialogues here and there. The final shopkeeper should have adventure pages for sale for saving games in the maze and magic herbs for replenishing MP. I'm not sure how long it will take me to finish this final segment, but probably not more than 2 hours. I think the game is well worth playing, though it might be a bit overpriced for a game that looks to give approx 10 hrs gameplay.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby Lumen » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:11 pm

Lady JJ wrote:Tried to enter the final castle and game crashed with this error

Unable to find file:
Graphics/Characters/SGate2

Thoughts so far: Gameplay is smooth, character and storyline development are minimal, though there are some funny dialogues here and there. The final shopkeeper should have adventure pages for sale for saving games in the maze and magic herbs for replenishing MP. I'm not sure how long it will take me to finish this final segment, but probably not more than 2 hours. I think the game is well worth playing, though it might be a bit overpriced for a game that looks to give approx 10 hrs gameplay.

This has been fixed now. I'm glad that you like it.

The rest of the game is similar to the demo.
I wanted to make a game that focuses on its main storyline. Hope you'll like more the next one if I make another one.
Lumen
Wanderer

Postby Lumen » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:08 pm

Sorry for the double post -- just to announce a small modification in Fantasy Heroes, I've decided to reduce the price of Adventurer's Pages to only 3 gold instead of 30.
Now it's much easier to save whenever you want. Hope you like the change!
Lumen
Wanderer

Postby Lady JJ » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:16 pm

I finished the game. The story actually becomes much more developed during the final battles. There was one expected twist and one very unexpected twist. All in all, I enjoyed the game. And, yes, I think reducing the price of the Adventure Books, especially in the early parts of the game, will be a welcome addition. I thought there were generally enough save sites throughout the game, except for the castle. I adapted by using the auto-save as pseudo saving points. I have become fond of the humble Tristan. :)
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby Lumen » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:29 am

Lady JJ wrote:I finished the game. The story actually becomes much more developed during the final battles. There was one expected twist and one very unexpected twist. All in all, I enjoyed the game. And, yes, I think reducing the price of the Adventure Books, especially in the early parts of the game, will be a welcome addition. I thought there were generally enough save sites throughout the game, except for the castle. I adapted by using the auto-save as pseudo saving points. I have become fond of the humble Tristan. :)

Glad you enjoyed the game (and its twists and Tristan).
Lumen
Wanderer

Postby kimo » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:50 pm

I am playing the demo and I received the following error after talking several times to the guy near the castle asking for money. Of course the game crashed. Very frustrating given the inability to save anywhere.

Script 'ATS Choice options' line 935: ArgumentError occured.
comparison of Fixnum with nil failed.

aloha,
kimo

@Indy (or anyone)
How do you post screen shots without an assigned URL?
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby Indinera » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:05 pm

Use the "Print Screen" key and then paste it in your paint program.
Save and upload somewhere, like this for example:
https://imgbb.com/
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Lumen » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:14 pm

kimo wrote:I am playing the demo and I received the following error after talking several times to the guy near the castle asking for money. Of course the game crashed. Very frustrating given the inability to save anywhere.

Script 'ATS Choice options' line 935: ArgumentError occured.
comparison of Fixnum with nil failed.

aloha,
kimo

@Indy (or anyone)

Kimo, this glitch has now been fixed, sorry for the inconvenience.
Lumen
Wanderer

Postby kimo » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:38 am

Indinera wrote:

Use the "Print Screen" key and then paste it in your paint program.
Save and upload somewhere, like this for example:
https://imgbb.com/

Thank you, Indy. I don't know the site, but since you referred it ......

I'll try to test it in the near future.

aloha,
kimo
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Re: New RPG: Fantasy Heroes Tumulus

Postby diannew » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:04 pm

The gate does not unlock after activating the green lever. Please help.
diannew
Wanderer

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers