Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Knight Bewitched

Re: New RPG: Knight Bewitched

Postby kimo » Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:11 pm

jkweath wrote:
kimo wrote:Okay, playing the demo now and it is typical of what I enjoy in a game. So, I bought it.

Hopefully, those comments about fonts, etc. won't affect me. That is one of the reason to use installers so you can be assured that the True Type fonts are installed.

Great to hear! Let me know if you need help with anything :)

Like many people in this world, I have red-green colorblindness. Sooooooo, the locked tower is one giant pain for me. I will stop playing, because I cannot figure how to get to the Arcanite ore on floor 7. There are some rune symbols near those double doors that flash, but do not transport anywhere. How do I get to the chest on floor 7? [EDIT: okay, I can see gold. I just read the instructions in the manual.] Telling me to stand on a particular color rune on a certain floor is absolutely useless.

However, my suggestion is that anyone who makes mazes (I hate mazes!) and similar puzzles, should also include a "map" like you did for the dragon tunnels. Also, the Dragon Rock should have something that looks like it can be "entered" (i.e. the sloping road upward tile). Otherwise, it is just another graphic. If the intention was to keep it a secret, then it's fine to just let people miss it.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Midnight Desert

Postby kimo » Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:49 pm

I finally lit all the torches in the desert, but where are the merchant and fairy (in tent)? I have wandered for almost 30 minutes and that damn torch is toooooooo small of a lit area.

Can someone help with approximate quadrant in relation to the now opened pyramid?

Difficulty is one thing, frustration is entirely different.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Re: Midnight Desert

Postby jkweath » Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:31 am

kimo wrote:I finally lit all the torches in the desert, but where are the merchant and fairy (in tent)? I have wandered for almost 30 minutes and that damn torch is toooooooo small of a lit area.

Can someone help with approximate quadrant in relation to the now opened pyramid?

Difficulty is one thing, frustration is entirely different.

I have a map of the inside of the pyramid uploaded here:

https://imgur.com/a/uCKHMrS

The stairs in the back of the building will lead to the merchant and the tent with the fairy (assuming you've started the fairy sidequest from the forest first)

Thanks for the feedback about the lighting. I'll be uploading an update soon that will increase the player's sight radius in the Midnight Desert, though you'll probably be done with the area by then :)

Edit: Update should be finished and available for download. The light radius for each area of the Midnight Desert was increased substantially, and the miniguide was updated with the two images of the desert I uploaded earlier.
jkweath
Bard

Postby kimo » Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:16 pm

Thanks very much for the info re: tent location.

From your guide: "After completing the 2nd area (hint for this area: once you find the pyramid and its two pyres in middle of the map, the remaining pyres are surrounding the pyramid in a heptagon-shape) and finding the treasure in the desert labyrinth, you'll come across a tent and a merchant."

When I read the mini guide, I thought it was referring to the location of the merchant's tent in the labyrinth to be the midnight desert itself. Did that make sense? Ironically, I ignored the opened doors because I was looking for the tent. On the good side, I gained several levels while bumbling around.

Is the harp (ultimate weapon) worth looking for the final piece of ore. I missed one somehow, even though your list was an excellent addition to the guide.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby jkweath » Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:02 pm

kimo wrote:Thanks very much for the info re: tent location.

From your guide: "After completing the 2nd area (hint for this area: once you find the pyramid and its two pyres in middle of the map, the remaining pyres are surrounding the pyramid in a heptagon-shape) and finding the treasure in the desert labyrinth, you'll come across a tent and a merchant."

When I read the mini guide, I thought it was referring to the location of the merchant's tent in the labyrinth to be the midnight desert itself. Did that make sense? Ironically, I ignored the opened doors because I was looking for the tent. On the good side, I gained several levels while bumbling around.

Is the harp (ultimate weapon) worth looking for the final piece of ore. I missed one somehow, even though your list was an excellent addition to the guide.

Looking back at the guide, what I wrote was pretty ambiguous. I'll be sure to change that if I need to update the game again.

The ultimate harp is best if you have Stray using healing spells with the Flute trinkets, otherwise there are bows/crossbows that have more damage output +::wizard
jkweath
Bard

Postby jkweath » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:02 pm

Updating the thread to say Knight Bewitched has been updated with an installer rather than a ZIP file once again. This installer uses the same method as other games here so it hopefully won't be falsely flagged by antivirus software.

This time instructions are included with the full game installer on what to do in case anyone here downloaded the demo as a ZIP beforehand. It also includes a link to the miniguide directly in the installer. But for anyone who already has the full game, there's no need to re-download as the installer is functionally identical to the previous release :)
jkweath
Bard

Postby Indinera » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:15 am

Okay, thanks for that.
Can anyone previously experiencing this flagged as a "virus" try the new download and let us know if the problem persists?
Thanks in advance!
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

midnight desert

Postby Lis » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:14 am

Can not find the trinket Silencing Poison in the desert. If someone did, can you tell me where?

Thank you
Live and let live
Lis
Wanderer

Re: midnight desert

Postby jkweath » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:57 pm

Lis wrote:Can not find the trinket Silencing Poison in the desert. If someone did, can you tell me where?

Thank you

Sure thing. Once you enter the Midnight Desert and find the first set of pyres, you'll continue going left, then down at the next set of pyres, then left again at the next set, and lastly up at the last set. Keep going up and you should find a chest with the Silencing Poison on your right (and also a Gunhammer a little bit further up to the left).
jkweath
Bard

Re: midnight desert

Postby Lis » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:11 pm

Sure thing. Once you enter the Midnight Desert and find the first set of pyres, you'll continue going left, then down at the next set of pyres, then left again at the next set, and lastly up at the last set. Keep going up and you should find a chest with the Silencing Poison on your right (and also a Gunhammer a little bit further up to the left).[/quote]

Lol, found the Gunhammer. Going back right now. Thank you very much
Live and let live
Lis
Wanderer

Postby briony » Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:33 am

am in the tower and on the 2 floor shows a chest with arrows leading to it - there is a green portal in the top corner but I cannot work out how to get to this portal other green ones take me elsewhere btw have found a weapon in secret area- can you help please
briony
DreamLord of Myst

Postby jkweath » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:23 pm

briony wrote:am in the tower and on the 2 floor shows a chest with arrows leading to it - there is a green portal in the top corner but I cannot work out how to get to this portal other green ones take me elsewhere btw have found a weapon in secret area- can you help please

Sure thing. The green portal in the top let corner of Floor 6 will take you to where you need to go (after you get here, make sure you use the uppermost arrow or you'll get sent back!)

That being said, the chest contains a scroll for Uno, so if you're not big on Uno using spirit-based abilities then it's safe to skip. :)
jkweath
Bard

Postby watts712 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:03 pm

I am in the Midnight Desert Path and have got the Arcanite Ore and the two hidden treasure I see a brown post and then I'm just lost don't know what/where to do/go...I can't find the pyramid etc... What do I need to do

Thanks,
Cindy

LOVE THE GAME
watts712
Bard

Postby jkweath » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:56 pm

watts712 wrote:I am in the Midnight Desert Path and have got the Arcanite Ore and the two hidden treasure I see a brown post and then I'm just lost don't know what/where to do/go...I can't find the pyramid etc... What do I need to do

Thanks,
Cindy

LOVE THE GAME

If you're stuck in the area with the brown post, I believe you just need to go left until you hit the next set of pyres, then go up to find the pyramid.

If you end up back at the beginning (if you keep going right, you'll end up back in the first set of pyres) then you'll want to follow this path, changing direction as you hit each set of pyres:

Left-Down-Left-Left-Up

Let me know if this helps!
jkweath
Bard

Postby watts712 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:33 pm

Thanks that help...
watts712
Bard

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers