Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Knight Bewitched

chest between 2 vampires

Postby kimo » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:32 pm

Okay, I give. What does the switch in the chest open/do? Is it automatically activated when you defeat them? That was one seriously hard battle to win. I feel soooooo cheated by just finding a switch. And why should I use the teleport to return outside? Am I done, even though I cant get to the right side stairs and subsequent chest downstairs?

I don't want to give away too much for anyone who hasn't stumbled into this part of the game. Any "Secret" areas found by other players? Does anyone else know about those 2 vampires?

@jkweath
This is a very involved game with apparently many "hidden" areas. There should be some kind of direction/advice given for people like me who just wander everywhere and get into trouble. If you ever need help/input in creating a future guide, just type my name into google to see a sample of my writing style on Steam (Legionwood) as well as my travel blog.

aloha,
kimo lange
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Re: chest between 2 vampires

Postby jkweath » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:15 pm

kimo wrote:Okay, I give. What does the switch in the chest open/do? Is it automatically activated when you defeat them? That was one seriously hard battle to win. I feel soooooo cheated by just finding a switch. And why should I use the teleport to return outside? Am I done, even though I cant get to the right side stairs and subsequent chest downstairs?

I don't want to give away too much for anyone who hasn't stumbled into this part of the game. Any "Secret" areas found by other players? Does anyone else know about those 2 vampires?

@jkweath
This is a very involved game with apparently many "hidden" areas. There should be some kind of direction/advice given for people like me who just wander everywhere and get into trouble. If you ever need help/input in creating a future guide, just type my name into google to see a sample of my writing style on Steam (Legionwood) as well as my travel blog.

aloha,
kimo lange

The teleporter takes you out of the temple - it's there so you don't have to backtrack back through it if you don't want to :) The vampires had the treasure - a Gutripper and Spinebreaker for Uno. That switch, when activated with another switch in the "MAGMA" area you'll be exploring soon, will open the way to the 3rd area of The Depths.

Here's a link to images of both floors of the temple: https://imgur.com/a/sXrk9d9

The bottom left and bottom right staircases on the first floor lead to the treasure you see - the left is a shield for Ruth and the other is an armor piece for Gwen.

I appreciate your feedback. I mean that - I never realized just how un-fun I'd made the Midnight Desert until feedback I received on here, among a few other sections. I definitely won't be making any puzzles like that one again. Likewise I never thought to design puzzles with the knowledge that some players have colorblindness and would have trouble with certain color-based puzzles.

I will say that I'll be including much more in-depth miniguides for future game releases. I may have my next game being released on Aldorlea soon (not sure yet - just sent Indinera the info, so we'll see) and I already doubled the size of its guide (mostly with extra maps) in anticipation for its release.
jkweath
Bard

Re: New RPG: Knight Bewitched

Postby kimo » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:02 am

Kudos for the end game "curtain call". The game was fairly well balanced except for a couple of battles like the Vampires that were incredibly hard given what followed later. Also, I found the random encounters to occasionally be too few steps between encounters. Yeah, I know there was a spell and feather to address that. Maybe longer distances in some dungeons between encounters so there is less hassle exploring in the limited light. I found myself closing the game when an encounter occured and then restarting and exploring in a different direction especially in the dungeon with vines and pukas (holes).

As far as colors go, primary colors are usually not a problem (even red), but shades like purples and pinks can be a real bear. May I suggest some type of rune/pattern for transport points or similar situations.

All in all, a fun and challenging game to play on "normal" mode. I got almost 20 hours of play time ( I play slowly) and at level 50 I was able to kick butt using only a few specific spells. And the roaming black cat was a fun touch.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby jkweath » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:42 pm

Thank you for your kind words. I'll be keeping your feedback in mind as I develop my next game :)

I wanted to add an update for everyone else here concerning the "missing font letters / distortions" a couple of users had. Working with another person who had the issue, we were able to fix it by updating the user's graphics drivers. He was using an AMD Radeon, so I wonder if the issue is exclusive to that brand.
jkweath
Bard

Postby Madmar » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:29 pm

I had the initial complaint about the text distortions problem. I also use AMD Radeon graphics. Do you know what he/she updated to? I updated my driver to Adrenalin and while I can play the game, it is also affecting other aspects of my computer.
Madmar
Explorer

Postby Madmar » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:30 pm

sorry for the double post.
Madmar
Explorer

Postby jkweath » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:53 pm

Madmar wrote:I had the initial complaint about the text distortions problem. I also use AMD Radeon graphics. Do you know what he/she updated to? I updated my driver to Adrenalin and while I can play the game, it is also affecting other aspects of my computer.

Yeah! They were using an AMD A10-7300 Radeon R6 processor (with AMD Radeon R6 graphics). I had them update their graphics drivers on the official AMD website (link in spoiler for their specific CPU). I don't know the exact driver version they downloaded, but I assume it was the latest official 64-bit version, which would've been Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.6.3.

Sorry I don't know much more than that. Not too familiar with AMD computers as I've always stuck with NVidia myself.

Spoiler: show
https://www.amd.com/en/support/previous-drivers/apu/amd-series-processors/amd-a10-series-apu-for-laptops/a10-7300-radeon-r6-graphics.
jkweath
Bard

Postby Quimby » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:47 pm

Unable to open Sealed Tower. All team members 51 - what do I do?
Quimby
Wanderer

Postby jkweath » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:59 pm

Quimby wrote:Unable to open Sealed Tower. All team members 51 - what do I do?

You'll need to visit Morgoth's cave on an island south of the sealed tower and speak with Morgoth first before you can open the sealed tower.
jkweath
Bard

Postby richmond » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:51 pm

I am one fairy short to find. Would someone kindly VIEW SHOT me where to find them please.
I found one in locked room with the golden keys - one on an island - but don't know where to find the last one. I cant remember the locations of all three.
I cant proceed to enchant the sword. +::surrender
richmond
Bard

Postby richmond » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:36 pm

So sorry for this double message. I now realise that I need to do the midnight desert. Have started this but wandering endlessly trying to find the steps to the pyramid. When the blue lights are lit three times I then come to bronze statue. Where or what do I do from this point please. +::surrender
richmond
Bard

Postby jkweath » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:35 pm

richmond wrote:So sorry for this double message. I now realise that I need to do the midnight desert. Have started this but wandering endlessly trying to find the steps to the pyramid. When the blue lights are lit three times I then come to bronze statue. Where or what do I do from this point please. +::surrender

I went ahead and made a map layout of the desert here:

https://imgur.com/a/8lJtm4j

If you're already lost in the desert, you can just keep heading right until you end up back at the entrance. Otherwise you'll just want to follow the arrows (the T's stand for treasure) until you get to the 2nd area with the pyramid-like building.

In the 2nd area, you'll need to light the pyres all along that stone path (and the two at the building itself) to unlock the entrance.

Map of the desert labyrinth:

https://imgur.com/a/fWC6BqE

There's some good treasure here in the middle, but at the back are staircases that will take you to the end of the desert and the third fairy.

Hope this helps!
jkweath
Bard

Re: Knight Bewitched - Morgoth's Cave

Postby Xena » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:04 pm

Hi, have stumbled around a lot in this game trying to guess where to go next as it is not very easy to follow. Also I had the same issue as several others where the save game from the Demo didn't transfer to the full game when purchased.
However, having said that I am currently stuck in the Maze of Morgoth's Cave with one of the slider puzzles.

It is the one with three stars and three boxes. The two lower ones, left and right are easy enough to do, but I cannot work out the top middle box and how to get a star in there. Please can anyone help? +::sos
Xena
Peasant

Postby jkweath » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:35 pm

Xena wrote:Hi, have stumbled around a lot in this game trying to guess where to go next as it is not very easy to follow. Also I had the same issue as several others where the save game from the Demo didn't transfer to the full game when purchased.
However, having said that I am currently stuck in the Maze of Morgoth's Cave with one of the slider puzzles.

It is the one with three stars and three boxes. The two lower ones, left and right are easy enough to do, but I cannot work out the top middle box and how to get a star in there. Please can anyone help? +::sos

Got a puzzle solution uploaded here:

https://imgur.com/a/f4yvEdb

You'll want to move the box marked with the red line first as you'll need to bounce the green-lined box off of it. The rest should be fairly simple :)

There should be one more box puzzle after this one. Here's the solution in a spoiler if you want it as well:

Spoiler: show
Move the leftmost block right, up, right, down and right again. Move the topmost block left.
jkweath
Bard

Postby Xena » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:24 pm

Brilliant - thanks a lot for the really fast reply :)

Have fininshed that area, and completed the tower now, with your assistance. The answer was so simple too!
Currently on my way to Witches sisters to get sword enchanted.
Game is certainly a challenge - which is good. +::YAY
Xena
Peasant

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers