Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Heroes of Shaola

Heroes of Shaola

Postby Indinera » Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:02 am

HEROES OF SHAOLA

$12.99

Image Image

Heroes of Shaola is a story-driven RPG set in a medieval fantasy world. You are a young nobleman trying to survive in a corrupt world filled with humor and political incorrectness, as opposing factions and individuals trying to outsmart each other.

SUMMARY:

Zenman Empire is the largest nation in the world. It is located in the central region and surrounded by the bloodthirsty Martia Kingdom (formerly the Martia Tribes) in the north, the deceptively powerful Amazail Kingdom in the south, and the unpredictable House Lagidis in the west.
Each year, the vassal factions must pay a tribute with gifts, weapons, women, and gold to Zenman Empire.
Its capital city, Zalumi, has been protected by the four most powerful noble families. Those four families are the Sutherlands, the Pantelakos, the Totens, and the Rileys.
One morning, Leonardo, the only child of the Sutherlands, was nowhere to be found. His mysterious disappearance shocked the nation.
Meanwhile, in the north, Martia Kingdom has been staring at Zalumi for years. The Amazailians are also lurking around from the south.
Both are growing tired of being a vassal nation. They are tiring of paying tributes to Zenman Empire. They have been watching Zalumi like a hawk, waiting for a chance to take action. Sources from Iron Eagle, the mysterious organization from Zuda Kingdom, revealed that Martia and Amazail have been trying to form an alliance.
The once great Zenman Empire is suddenly facing two big threats from the north and south.

FEATURES:

An engaging story with unexpected plot twists
    Jump, slash bushes, find secret treasures, explore hidden areas
    Simplified sideview turn-based battle system with visible enemies. No random encounters or invisible monsters. Bandits and aggressive beasts will approach you. Less aggressive opponents will leave you alone, unless you initiate the attack
    Grinding is unnecessary. All you need is to be careful with each decision, look out for quests and hidden secrets, manage your money (buy/sell) wisely, and use your skill, items, and potions carefully
    The plots and dialogues are managed carefully in order to bring each character to life
    No Game Over. We all know how much time we spent dying on games and it's the most frustrating thing in the world
    There is good replay value with multiple endings based on many variables, including dialogue choices and subtle triggers

SCREENSHOTS:

Lost in the game? Please feel free to use this thread to ask your questions! :)
ENJOY!
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Re: New RPG: Heroes of Shaola

Postby GrannyC » Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:21 pm

I downloaded the demo. It is very foggy and the lights drifting all over are so distracting. I am lost in the tutorial. I cannot find the crack in the wall.
GrannyC
Bounty Hunter

Postby Madmar » Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:47 pm

I can not open this game. Where is the developer?
Madmar
Explorer

Postby Indinera » Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:53 pm

Madmar wrote:I can not open this game. Where is the developer?

I think/hope he'll pop up soon. +::O_o
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby kimo » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:15 pm

GrannyC wrote:I downloaded the demo. It is very foggy and the lights drifting all over are so distracting. I am lost in the tutorial. I cannot find the crack in the wall.

If you haven't found it yet, the crack is
Spoiler: show
at the back wall of the building just to the left of where the 2 fairies are located.

The game seems a bit dark to me and I have screen brightness on full. There are upcoming screens that seem too dark for me, but I easily survived looking for wood and kicking some fungus butt.

The game's pacing seems a bit slow and the tutorial (crystal) seems to be written for absolute novices, but you do get some goodies.

Also, you need to use the <enter> key all the time for actions and look for stuff to walk on top to collect them. If you check dead "bodies" there will possibly be more goodies. In any case you will get a message regardless of loot.

@madmar
I had no problem with opening the demo game, but it is a zip file that needs extraction into the location of your choice. Is the full game an *.exe file?
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby Eric » Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:01 am

Hello, I'm the developer of Heroes of Shaola. Hope everyone enjoys the game. Let me know if you need help on anything, I'll try my best to answer any question. All feedback are super welcome. :)

@GrannyC

What Kimo said, the crack is inside one of the buildings.

@Madmar

You can simply just unzip the game folder, access the game folder, click on the game icon and play the game. Same process for the Demo and the Full game.

@kimo

Thank you for the answers and feedback. Hope you enjoy the game. :)
Eric
Peasant

Quasimodo

Postby jincyk » Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:30 am

Good game but I am at a standstill. I'm alone (Slade is dead) in the cave of Quasimodo. Leonardo is at level 42; his strength is 233. I am not strong enough to move the door at the top of the maze; in the Crystal place, I am still locked out of two houses, although I can move boulders.

There doesn't seem to be anything else I can do; there are no screens where I can level up more. I do have 2 Encyclopedias but of course I don't want to use them when I'm just a party of one.

What am I missing?
jincyk
Explorer

Re: Quasimodo

Postby Eric » Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:05 am

jincyk wrote:Good game but I am at a standstill. I'm alone (Slade is dead) in the cave of Quasimodo. Leonardo is at level 42; his strength is 233. I am not strong enough to move the door at the top of the maze; in the Crystal place, I am still locked out of two houses, although I can move boulders.

Hello, basically Leonardo will have to spend a couple of years in the cave to acquire more power. You just go to the carpet and sleep to advance the story. Make sure to explore the area and finish everything before you can sleep. After a couple of years Leonardo will come out of the cave as a new man.
Eric
Peasant

Re: Quasimodo

Postby MerryX » Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:47 am

jincyk wrote:Good game but I am at a standstill. I'm alone (Slade is dead) in the cave of Quasimodo. Leonardo is at level 42; his strength is 233. I am not strong enough to move the door at the top of the maze; in the Crystal place, I am still locked out of two houses, although I can move boulders.

There doesn't seem to be anything else I can do; there are no screens where I can level up more. I do have 2 Encyclopedias but of course I don't want to use them when I'm just a party of one.

What am I missing?

Yes, I was stalled at the same point with Leonardo Level 38 and Strength 222 (squandered some points on other characters +:oops: ). I am so tempted to use the Encyclopedias but I'm trying to resist!!

Good game - I'm having fun :)

MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby Lis » Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:07 pm

I got the ancestral sword for Ankanian man in the cave. How do I move the platform? Got Frank, Rhyna and Leonardo (lvl 33) in the party.
Live and let live
Lis
Wanderer

Postby Eric » Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:33 pm

@MerryX

Yes that is the most effective strategy, use the seeds to level up Leonardo and save the books for other teammates in the later part of the story. Glad you're enjoying the game. :)

@Lis

Leo said: "Perhaps there is another way." So....

When you exit the cave and look around in that area you'll see a tiny path close to the entrance.
Eric
Peasant

Postby Lis » Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:31 pm

Eric wrote:@Lis

Leo said: "Perhaps there is another way." So....

When you exit the cave and look around in that area you'll see a tiny path close to the entrance.

thank you
the one that brings you behind the cave with the big bolder? been jumping around there for a hour and can't figure it out

also where do I find the 2 Encyclopedias
Live and let live
Lis
Wanderer

Postby MerryX » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:01 am

In the Sewers, there is a section near the beginning I can't reach. So my question is whether this is just a "tease" or if I should be able to get to it - if I could only remember the instructions about running and jumping +::surrender +:::| +::Dunno????

Any input gratefully received :)

Still enjoying the game a lot, thank you - for some reason I'm particularly enjoying searching the bodies after battle. A bit ghoulish but helpful and profitable +::biggrin

MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby Lis » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:46 pm

MerryX wrote:In the Sewers, there is a section near the beginning I can't reach. So my question is whether this is just a "tease" or if I should be able to get to it - if I could only remember the instructions about running and jumping +::surrender +:::| +::Dunno????

Any input gratefully received :)

Still enjoying the game a lot, thank you - for some reason I'm particularly enjoying searching the bodies after battle. A bit ghoulish but helpful and profitable +::biggrin

MerryX

There are 2 places in the sewer you can run and jump. Hold down the shift key to run at end of tile push A to jump. Need to have the Spring Boots equipt.
Live and let live
Lis
Wanderer

Where is the Riley meeting?

Postby jincyk » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:59 pm

I'm at level 83 and have been wandering all over the place for way too long trying to attend that meeting. Rhyla is holed up in her room; I've discussed everything with Jeremy. Where do I go next?

This is an excellent game, but a map wouldn't be amiss, and a guide would be helpful too. The story is very complicated, and while that's enjoyable, wandering aimlessly isn't. Any advice appreciated! Also Happy New Year!
jincyk
Explorer

Next

Return to Games from other Developers