Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Heroes of Shaola

Re: New RPG: Heroes of Shaola

Postby ZuluKat » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:23 pm

I like the fact that this game has choices much like the Renpy games. The artwork is nice but what I really liked was the change of music for battles and the battle music was from various games that I love!!! The story line is appealing since I also play the novel games. It does almost have the epic qualities of Fantasia series! +::Thumbup I've been saving the battle after the castle escapade til later today.

Spoiler: show
On another note you can level up to 99 very quickly by using the tomes and guides, etc. by going to the cave south of the castle area. I bought 10 minutes which require 1,000 gold/minute and gold tokens/minute. First go through the maze to hit all the chests for lots of gold and equipments. Then slaughter everything in your way. The drops are tombs, guides weapons, and all kinds of good things. Also, remember to save after the first battle in the Crystal World. I forgot to save after that first battle and it took me 7 times to beat them again +::biggrin but the skills are needed from the second battle before you fight in the castle area. Those tomes and other books level up the whole party so remember that when having other members join your party!
ZuluKat
Explorer

Postby Eric » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:48 pm

@Lis

Yes there is a tiny path real close to the cave entrance that takes you to the tiny area behind the cave so you can loot a very valuable treasure chest. The rewards are random so you might want to save the game before opening the chest.

There is a little trick to find hidden paths in the game: You can use the mouse and move the cursor into a suspicious area until you see the cursor change into another icon.

Encyclopedias are available in various places (chests, dead bodies etc.), it's valuable (70,000 ex) so the chance of getting them is a bit low. :)

@MerryX

Like Lis said, you just have to equip the Spring Boots to jump. There are certain areas that have enough distance where you can "run and jump" over. All sections in the sewer should be accessible 1 way or another. Sometimes you'll have to go another area first and then come back to the original area via another path to access a certain section.

There are 2 cracks on the walls in the sewer that give you good rewards. :)

@jincyk

Have you explored all exits in Zalumi? :)

The Four Families' meeting area is in the north.

@ZuluKat

Hi, thanks for the kind words. I'm glad you like the game and enjoying it. :)
Eric
Peasant

Postby jincyk » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:57 pm

How did you beat them?
jincyk
Explorer

Postby MerryX » Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:09 am

There are 2 places in the sewer you can run and jump. Hold down the shift key to run at end of tile push A to jump. Need to have the Spring Boots equipt.[/quote]

Thank you very much - I'll try it out!! +::YAY

MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby MerryX » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:44 am

MerryX wrote:There are 2 places in the sewer you can run and jump. Hold down the shift key to run at end of tile push A to jump. Need to have the Spring Boots equipt.

Thank you very much - I'll try it out!! +::YAY

MerryX[/quote]

Nope, epic fail!! In spite of Lis and Eric's helpful tips, I'm very poor at keyboard - I use the mouse for gaming - so just can't get the hang of run and jump via keys +::surrender So unfortunately I am going to miss out on some cool stuff and experience which is a shame but I'll keep forging ahead +::Dance
My next stumble was the cellar in Leonardo's home - couldn't figure out how to reach the chests without big jumps which I can't manage :( So had to sell off quite a bit of gear to make the money needed for Ryhna, damn it +::cry ...I think I'll take a break and go and lie down while I mull it over +:::|
MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Finished in Hard mode

Postby jincyk » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:56 am

This game is very good. A guide and maps would be helpful, but it's doable (just) without them.
jincyk
Explorer

Re: Finished in Hard mode

Postby MerryX » Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:53 am

jincyk wrote:This game is very good. A guide and maps would be helpful, but it's doable (just) without them.

You are amazing!! I am still wandering around looking for Koyote +::whistle Does anyone have any tips?

MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby Eric » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:22 am

@jincyk

Congrats! Finishing hard mode is really impressive. Even as a developer I had tough times with it.

@MerryX

He is in the east side. Try to explore a bit even if it's not a new place. New things might occur at different times.
Eric
Peasant

Postby MerryX » Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:16 am

Eric wrote:@jincyk

Congrats! Finishing hard mode is really impressive. Even as a developer I had tough times with it.

@MerryX

He is in the east side. Try to explore a bit even if it's not a new place. New things might occur at different times.

Thank you, Eric - I actually found Kotoye finally before your hint which I was astonished by. I was starting to worry I'd "dead-ended" myself!!
MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby MerryX » Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:39 am

Hi Eric,

Finally finished +::Dance - a very enjoyable game and I found the story intriguing and interestingly complicated too.

Played on Easy mode (I'm a bit of a wuss) so able to get all characters up to Level 99 - very satisfying!!

Pros - Character development and story line was excellent and it was intriguing to not always be able to tell who were the villains - nothing was clear cut and it had a number of unexpected twists and turns as you said in the game description. Liked the rewards and being able to gain levels a little easier than usual - I still had to put in a bit of effort but if I made wise choices, it paid off. The music was good too - I usually don't listen to it or put it on mute, but found it added nicely to the game so kept it on low in the background. Loved the Virtual Battleground - very handy +::Thumbup And all the different monsters were great. And very few glitches throughout the game!

Cons - Leo reached max HP fairly early on for me which meant the sparkly hearts were a bit wasted. Still liked finding them but really no use. I totally failed at finding cracks in walls - just couldn't spot them except for the ones in the Crystal. This is something I'm usually quite good at so I was a bit disappointed and not quite sure what I was missing. Another frustration for me was my poor keyboard skills which meant I just couldn't master the run & jump :( +::surrender

I will look forward to more instalments about Shaola in the future. My compliments to you and your development team.

Thank you,

MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby Eric » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:11 am

MerryX wrote:Hi Eric,

Finally finished +::Dance - a very enjoyable game and I found the story intriguing and interestingly complicated too.

Thanks for the compliment bro, it was encouraging and gives me more reasons to keep the series going. :)

The other cracks are located in the underground passage where Leo and Rhyna are escaping, the mansion in Brinsbourne (market place), and the sewer under the Golden Castle.

Eric
Peasant

Postby kimo » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:25 pm

I am stuck in the Golden Castle looking for Emily. How many years will need to pass before I find her? I am tired of being told the Prince is in a meeting and have explored all areas (I think).

EDIT: OK. I had failed to talk to one person to advance the story line. Not stuck anymore.
However, does anyone remember the right side basement in Leonardo's family castle? There are several chests I cannot jump to. Are they teasers?

Also:
I couldn't find the sewer cracks, because the game is too visually dark in many places.

I agree with the main character hitting max HP too early for finding those sparkly hearts and now max MP are the only reason to level up.

The game has lots of positive aspects, but some of the negatives (IMO) greatly detract from what could be a great game.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby Eric » Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:51 am

Hi kimo, the basement is a puzzle and all chests are accessible. You use jump and long jump (jump while running) to access the chests. It takes a bit of analyzing, problem solving and exploration. :)

Eric
Peasant

Postby MerryX » Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:19 am

Eric wrote:Hi kimo, the basement is a puzzle and all chests are accessible. You use jump and long jump (jump while running) to access the chests. It takes a bit of analyzing, problem solving and exploration. :)

Yeah, yeah...keyboard-challenged here!! I bet they were worth it too +::cry

MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby Lis » Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:27 pm

MerryX wrote:
Yeah, yeah...keyboard-challenged here!! I bet they were worth it too +::cry

MerryX

This is how I do it.Maybe it helps you. Put middle finger of left hand on the shift key and hold it there. Hover with index finger of left hand over the A key. Then use arrow keys with right hand to move. When you get close to the edge push A key and you'll jump.
Live and let live
Lis
Wanderer

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers