Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Champions of Thora

Champions of Thora - Sacred Dungeon

Postby polarbr » Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:39 pm

I'm trying to get through the Sacred Dungeon and have explored all three mazes. Is there an exit on the third maze? I can't seem to find it. And if I retrace my steps back out the dungeon, I have no idea what the next step is.

Please help!
polarbr
Wanderer

Re: New RPG: Champions of Thora

Postby ZuluKat » Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:27 am

Ok...first, I like the old style, story line was good. No problems except for a couple that were already mentioned which save file didn't matter just started it again. Already at 14 plus hours and in Fallen castle (level 27 so far) so haven't quite finished. The only problem I see is I actually was getting bored as I thought the enemies could switch out a bit more or more skills instead of the same old same old. I guess my standards are high since I compare all the new games with aigggh LF and all of the classics...so that's my bad. COT is still entertaining and I'm glad that I bought it. Replay will be some time down the road which I usually judge my fave games by. Besides I like supporting all of the game builders on Aldorlea as I feel like this has been a great site over the years and needs all of our support whenever we can. Dialogue was good and concise!
Thanks for your work!!!
ZuluKat
Explorer

Postby Del » Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:11 pm

polarbr wrote:I'm trying to get through the Sacred Dungeon and have explored all three mazes. Is there an exit on the third maze? I can't seem to find it. And if I retrace my steps back out the dungeon, I have no idea what the next step is.

Please help!

The Sacred Dungeon are just treasure spots, they have no relevance to the main story, and if you're on the third sacred dungeon then it has only 3 areas, so no exit in the third maze.

What have you done last? If you tell me that I can point you to the next step. :)

ZuluKat wrote:Ok...first, I like the old style, story line was good. No problems except for a couple that were already mentioned which save file didn't matter just started it again. Already at 14 plus hours and in Fallen castle (level 27 so far) so haven't quite finished. The only problem I see is I actually was getting bored as I thought the enemies could switch out a bit more or more skills instead of the same old same old. I guess my standards are high since I compare all the new games with aigggh LF and all of the classics...so that's my bad. COT is still entertaining and I'm glad that I bought it. Replay will be some time down the road which I usually judge my fave games by. Besides I like supporting all of the game builders on Aldorlea as I feel like this has been a great site over the years and needs all of our support whenever we can. Dialogue was good and concise!
Thanks for your work!!!

Thank you for the support! I'm glad you enjoyed the game! Check back for the future ones, many more to come!

The suggestions of more skills and enemies will be taken into consideration for the next game, rest assured!
Del
Bounty Hunter

Postby RAndrews » Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:57 am

I did enjoy this game, but had got bored with the constant mazes - when I got to the fourth one in the final castle, I nearly gave up!
I quite like the linear story.
I would really have liked some sort of egress option from the mazes - the sacred dungeons weren't too bad to negotiate, but having to do them again in reverse was just a pain.
I also found that the monsters got a bit boring, and I don't know why there was so much money dropped with nothing to spend it on. I appreciate not having to struggle too much to have the best weapons and healing potions, but this went a bit too far the other way :) (I was playing on normal difficulty).
So all in all, an ok game, but I'm not sure it has any replay value for me because of all the mazes.
It took me just under 14 hours (but I spent quite a while lost in the burial grounds maze); my team ended up at level 26.
RAndrews
Bard

Postby Del » Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:11 pm

Thank you for the comprehensive feedback!

I'll work on an update to put in a teleport at the end of the sacred dungeons to get the party back to it's entrance.

I'll take all your other suggestions into account. I'm already working on another game and you can rest assured that it will have more variety on enemies and skills, and I'll tone down the mazes and money drop as well.

I'm glad you enjoyed the game and again, thank you very much for the feedback. It helps me to keep improving.
Del
Bounty Hunter

Postby blumyst » Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:30 am

Woohoo another game yes count me in! Im lost but I'll try to find my way out of this prison.
Would be nice to have a teleport at the end of all the mazes IF we have to go back thru
them. I did notice that when I was suppose to wait for Luz (name?) I went to the next screen and the
talking went really fast caus I hadnt waited so I went to the last save file and did it over again.
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

Postby Del » Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:59 am

The teleport out of mazes shall be included!

Can you explain me in more detail about that scene with Luz, please?
Del
Bounty Hunter

Postby blumyst » Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:15 am

I got to the part where they were suppose to wait for Luz and talked to the guy near the building then went
to the next screen where they wouldnt go any farther cause they had to wait for Luz. Thats when they started
talking faster and cause I hadnt waited for her cant really go into more detail than that. I went back to a save
spot before that. It wont happen to anyone if they pay attention to whats being said. Its just before the prison
where you can go into the maze then go into the prison.
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

Postby Del » Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:19 pm

So are you saying the conversation between them left you confused?
Del
Bounty Hunter

Postby blumyst » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:28 am

No I didnt read what was being said and then went thru to the next screen and didnt wait for
Luz like they said and thats when the text started going fast so I went back and did it
over again and it was normal
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

Postby Del » Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:49 am

How are you enjoying the game? :)
Del
Bounty Hunter

Postby blumyst » Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:43 pm

I love it! I dont havet o work at it and its fun! Thankyou, cant wait till the next one!
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

Postby Del » Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:56 pm

Happy to hear that! The next one is coming soon!
Del
Bounty Hunter

Postby blumyst » Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:03 am

woohoo! Awesome looking forward to it! Thanks Del
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

Postby Del » Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:42 pm

Thank you!

If you wouldn't mind I would love to read your complete feedback here once you're finished with the game. :)
Del
Bounty Hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers