Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Champions of Thora

Champions of Thora

Postby Indinera » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:36 am

CHAMPIONS OF THORA

$14.99

Image Image

This is a brand new game by developer Blue Phoenix Games.

SUMMARY:

Embark on a journey as the four chosen champions of the Goddess Thora, in an ultimate fight against her son, Ganga.
The Evil Lord who seeks to destroy the world as everyone knows it to create one anew. Only you stand in his way.

FEATURES:

Dynamic Party System, play through different character perspectives
7 Special Dungeons to explore
Dozens of Rare Items to be found
Three difficulty modes for both acommodation and replayability

SCREENSHOTS:

Lost in the game? Please feel free to use this thread to ask your questions! :)
ENJOY!
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Re: New RPG: Champions of Thora

Postby Valdy » Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:58 pm

I played the demo, and was disappointed when it finished. A very good sign... :)

Great game. It has visible enemies (thank goodness), it's easy on "Easy" mode (thank goodness), and I had fun playing through the whole demo, and without any difficulties.
Also, I like the fact that the female characters don't have excessively large breasts, and don't wear clothes that look 5 sizes too small. +::Thumbup

The one thing I would have liked to see is the use of "Rush" or whatever you want to call it, where I don't have to click on each character to start them to fight, but can click on "Rush" and they fight automatically. Other than that, I love it. +::Thumbup
Valdy
Explorer

Postby kimo » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:02 pm

@Valdy
I just played the demo and wanted more, too. But the demo did end at an appropriate time in the game and after a rather big battle so it gave me an idea of what to expect in the future. The baddies were not only visible, as you said, they didn't respawn either. +::clap

Only significant error was that Garr's image did not appear in any save files. Just a blank place where the image should be. I am not sure how you can program that out of the files. The mapping assets are reminiscent of old CGA graphics on a RBG monitor. I don't really appreciate that in newer games.

I appreciate that the demo was rather long. Not too long though, as it gave the idea of how the full game should perform (I hope).

Bottom line is that I just bought the game and will maybe be the first to finish a game after years of buying games on Indi's site. I am curious about the game's length and depth, but the story is good so far and paying attention to what is said by the characters will help you advance the game.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby Valdy » Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:15 am

Oh yes, I forgot to mention that the enemies don't respawn (another thank goodness from me). +::Thumbup

I saw all characters' images in my save file, no blank spaces.
Valdy
Explorer

Postby Del » Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:45 pm

Valdy wrote:I played the demo, and was disappointed when it finished. A very good sign... :)

Great game. It has visible enemies (thank goodness), it's easy on "Easy" mode (thank goodness), and I had fun playing through the whole demo, and without any difficulties.
Also, I like the fact that the female characters don't have excessively large breasts, and don't wear clothes that look 5 sizes too small. +::Thumbup

The one thing I would have liked to see is the use of "Rush" or whatever you want to call it, where I don't have to click on each character to start them to fight, but can click on "Rush" and they fight automatically. Other than that, I love it. +::Thumbup

Going through that first sentence got me worried, until the last segment! haha
I'm glad you felt like playing more at the end of it.

Thanks for the input on the Rush mode, I know what you mean by it. I'll look at the possiblity of implementing such a function in the next games.

I hope you enjoy the rest of the game! Lemme know your opnion on it when you're done, please.

kimo wrote:@Valdy
I just played the demo and wanted more, too. But the demo did end at an appropriate time in the game and after a rather big battle so it gave me an idea of what to expect in the future. The baddies were not only visible, as you said, they didn't respawn either. +::clap

Only significant error was that Garr's image did not appear in any save files. Just a blank place where the image should be. I am not sure how you can program that out of the files. The mapping assets are reminiscent of old CGA graphics on a RBG monitor. I don't really appreciate that in newer games.

I appreciate that the demo was rather long. Not too long though, as it gave the idea of how the full game should perform (I hope).

Bottom line is that I just bought the game and will maybe be the first to finish a game after years of buying games on Indi's site. I am curious about the game's length and depth, but the story is good so far and paying attention to what is said by the characters will help you advance the game.

Nice to know you enjoyed the demo as well. I hope you enjoy the rest of the game. Please let me have your feedback on it once you have finished it.

I'm glad you're liking the story!

*I can't really make out the origin of Garr's image not appearing in the saving scenes, I'll keep an eye out for other reports of the issue though, maybe with more people reproducing it I may be able to find a way to fix it. I'm sorry for the inconvinience though.
Del
Bounty Hunter

Postby Kat » Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:45 pm

Whenever I try to use "Write" I get an error message. "Failed to load:img/faces/FA_Ruthpng
Kat
Wanderer

Postby Del » Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:58 pm

Kat wrote:Whenever I try to use "Write" I get an error message. "Failed to load:img/faces/FA_Ruthpng

That is extremelly odd. The game is trying to load a face image to show in the save scene and cannot find it. The odd part is Champions of Thora shows no faces in the save scene and does not have any characters by the name of Ruth...

Would you mind trying downloading the game again? Perhaps something went amiss during the download. As of now that's the best advice I can give you... if that fails, lemme know while I think of some other way of proceeding. Thank you.
Del
Bounty Hunter

Postby Kat » Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:49 pm

I did as you suggested and re-downloaded the game. The safe is now working. Thanks for your help
Kat
Wanderer

Postby Del » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:18 pm

Kat wrote:I did as you suggested and re-downloaded the game. The safe is now working. Thanks for your help

My pleasure, sorry for the inconvinience and do let me know if I can help you with anything else.
I hope you enjoy the game and when you're done with it, if would be so kind to post here your feedback on it, I'd appreciate that too.
Del
Bounty Hunter

Postby poetforhim726 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:31 am

Enjoying the game so far, however, I am now stuck! I am in the burial site and keep going round and round with no end in sight! Where do I go? I have been through the maze, went into houses, etc and am totally confused! Also, the game froze on me a couple of times and I had to restart my computer. Garr does not show up in my save files either. But all in all, it is an interesting and fun game.
poetforhim726
Wanderer

Postby blumyst » Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:01 am

Hi Del,
Im playing the demo. I did have it happen to me where it didnt show an image. Ill
try redownloading it see if that works. I still play it even tho there is no image
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

Postby sarahp » Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:16 am

Hi Del, I have played through the whole demo,and one thing worries me. As there are no respawning monsters, it means no grinding to level up, (which I usually do), does it mean this is only a short game? As I have played similar games in the past, and they are reasonably short. I must admit the game is good, but, I don't want to buy it and then find out it is only a few hours long to complete.
sarahp
Bard

Postby Del » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:04 am

poetforhim726 wrote:Enjoying the game so far, however, I am now stuck! I am in the burial site and keep going round and round with no end in sight! Where do I go? I have been through the maze, went into houses, etc and am totally confused! Also, the game froze on me a couple of times and I had to restart my computer. Garr does not show up in my save files either. But all in all, it is an interesting and fun game.

I'm glad you're enjoying the game. I'll look into the Garr image on the save scene issue.
As for the Burial Site, you have to go through the maze to cross it. The exit on the maze is to the top right corner. Just effort to make your way to your right as soon as you get to the maze. I hope that helps. Let me know if it doesn't and I'll try to explain it better.

blumyst wrote:Hi Del,
Im playing the demo. I did have it happen to me where it didnt show an image. Ill
try redownloading it see if that works. I still play it even tho there is no image

Hi!

By image you mean Garr's image?
I hope you enjoy the demo!

sarahp wrote:Hi Del, I have played through the whole demo,and one thing worries me. As there are no respawning monsters, it means no grinding to level up, (which I usually do), does it mean this is only a short game? As I have played similar games in the past, and they are reasonably short. I must admit the game is good, but, I don't want to buy it and then find out it is only a few hours long to complete.

I tried to balance the difficulty in a way that you wouldn't need to grind to progress, however, even though the enemies do not respawn, they come in large numbers, enough to grind even if you want to. If you defeat them all though, you will reach the end of the game very tough.

The matter of the game's lenght is always a tricky one to answer as it depends on who's playing and how it is being played. My beta-testers reported they took between 7 to 9 hours to finish the game. I do hope that is long enough to your taste and that you can enjoy the game.
Del
Bounty Hunter

Postby sarahp » Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:37 pm

I have beaten every monster so far in the demo(including the spare dungeon) ,all my characters are at level 4, but 7-9 is what I consider a short game, I will possibly buy in a few days when I see posts from players who have completed it.Thanks.
sarahp
Bard

Postby Del » Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:51 pm

sarahp wrote:I have beaten every monster so far in the demo(including the spare dungeon) ,all my characters are at level 4, but 7-9 is what I consider a short game, I will possibly buy in a few days when I see posts from players who have completed it.Thanks.

Here is hoping you get to enjoy the full experience of it!
Del
Bounty Hunter

Next

Return to Games from other Developers