Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

The Seeker

The Seeker

Postby Indinera » Sun May 31, 2020 11:43 am

THE SEEKER

$9.99

Image Image

This is the third game by developer Blue Phoenix Games.

SUMMARY:

Join four orphans as fate calls upon them for a role greater than they could have ever imagined!
Prove yourself worthy of becoming a Seeker and defeat the Unholy Beast hellbent on ruling over those you care for!

FEATURES:

- Classic Storyline.
- Dynamic Party System.
- Fun & Witty Dialogues.
- Secret Rooms to discover.

SCREENSHOTS:

Lost in the game? Please feel free to use this thread to ask your questions! :)
ENJOY!
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Ooops!?

Postby kimo » Sun May 31, 2020 10:59 pm

The item shop in the first village has no prices attached to any item (i.e. everything is free!!!!!)

Also, am I correct in assuming there is no "quit" function and you need to close the game window manually. If you play in full screen mode, the windows "x" is not visible.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Re: Ooops!?

Postby blumyst » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:25 am

kimo wrote:The item shop in the first village has no prices attached to any item (i.e. everything is free!!!!!)

Also, am I correct in assuming there is no "quit" function and you need to close the game window manually. If you play in full screen mode, the windows "x" is not visible.

Seems the other items stores are like that also. I bought the game went to the next area after the training and after
the teleport there was another items shop and the items were free also! Maybe its part of the game at the beginning?
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

Re: New RPG: The Seeker

Postby Valdy » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:57 am

Yes, I was able to get 99 of each item for nothing. Also, in the Equip section, all items are in Portuguese.

Oh, and yes, there is no "quit" function. I had to go into Windows mode to click on the x at the top right. Also, again there is no "rush" when I am in battle mode. I remember Del saying he would think about it in future games. And that was 2 games ago. ;)
Valdy
Explorer

Postby Del » Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:52 pm

A new build is up fixing the item prices, portuguese words and I also added a Quit option!

I hope you guys are enjoying it!
Del
Bounty Hunter

Postby Valdy » Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:41 pm

I was enjoying it getting all potions for free. LOL ;) But yes, I like the game. +::Thumbup
Valdy
Explorer

loading error

Postby kimo » Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:54 pm

I got the following error when changing areas after the camp and talking to the elemental.

"Failed to load: data/Map020.json" when trying to take the right side direction.

Left direction has no error message.

Your new upload has the same issue.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but this looks like a "dungeon crawler" with many mazes (in the 4 separate areas) like Chamions of Thora (CoT). While I liked CoT, it did become a bit tedious for me. And after those 4 areas, you "just" enter the center area and get more of the same?

@Valdy
I felt like a looter, so I only took 35 of each. But, then I filled up with the travelling merchant at the camp before I downloaded the new version. At least I didn't torch any buildings or cars. +::Annoyed +::biggrin
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby blumyst » Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:49 pm

Hi Del,
Yes i'm enjoying it but not sure if I want the new build lol, maybe. I dont mind the portugese as
long as I can understand what they are saying when they talk in the game. Some people are lucky
or I should say smart if they can speak in 2 languages and understand them. More is even better.
Im good at typos, lol
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

Postby RAndrews » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:39 am

Not a buy for me I'm afraid. This is too similar to the last few from this developper, so I am expecting it to have endless mazes involved like the others. Monsters in the demo are very samey, which is another boredom factor. Oh, and monsters becoming unconscioius is driving me nuts! I can deal with the rest of the poor English, but that one is really grinding :)
RAndrews
Bard

Postby ZuluKat » Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:45 pm

Once again repetitive but I still bought this game to support this site. I can deal with the portugese n.p. I know this dungeon style is Del's trademark now trading off to a differing variety of monsters in dungeons as I mentioned on previous game would be ideal. Mazes are nice once in awhile but building it as a regular formula seems stifling. The story line is good but not epic yet it cured my semi boredom waiting for new Laxius game. Apologies, I don't want to sound brutal. Personally I liked the free items throughout the game! AS yet I haven't had any problems.
ZuluKat
Explorer

Postby Indinera » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:13 pm

ZuluKat wrote:Once again repetitive but I still bought this game to support this site. I can deal with the portugese n.p. I know this dungeon style is Del's trademark now trading off to a differing variety of monsters in dungeons as I mentioned on previous game would be ideal. Mazes are nice once in awhile but building it as a regular formula seems stifling. The story line is good but not epic yet it cured my semi boredom waiting for new Laxius game. Apologies, I don't want to sound brutal. Personally I liked the free items throughout the game! AS yet I haven't had any problems.

Thank you very much.
Before LS there is Forever Heroes. Mark in on your calendar, it's HUGE.
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby blumyst » Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:23 pm

Shouldnt be to picky about the spelling of words Andrews. Like Ive
said before and I'll say it again. Alot of times its typos NOT
spelling and everybody including RAndrews does it! Nobody is
perfect. The games good, its a game and fun! heres one example from
RAndrews post "unconscioius" . Its unconscious, not the first one
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

Postby darkange » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:16 am

reading the replies from all people here confirms my suspicions of why I am skeptical and I frequently avoid buying rpg maker games from other people who aren't Indy ... there were exceptions aside like The book of shadows and labyronia elements ... but most of them just have silly bugs or the story is not that good,etc compared to most games created by Indinera Falls or even those who were collaborations ...

Most developers should learn from him in my opinion cause they have a lot to learn... I know people want to be original but originality is not justified when you do poor work ... In my opinion.
I don't stop when I'm tired, I stop when I am done.
(David Goggins)
darkange
Bounty Hunter

Postby kimo » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:14 pm

After reading the several comments about this game's style, I have decided to not buy the game. It's just not a style I enjoy as much as others. The developer has many choices and is creating original games that he wants to make.

I understand because as a winemaker, I make wine that I enjoy and I hope others like them too. It's an approach I learned from one of the best winemakers I have ever known. But if you want to sell your wine to other people, you need to know what style/varietal they like to drink. But buttery Chardonnay ... YUCK! Try selling a Dornfelder wine to americans who are clueless. "Dornfelder? Is that your last name?"

So, I pay attention to the comments from people who like to explore towns and villages and acquire quests to solve. Secret rooms are also a big thing for most people, but I personally like games where the secret room is discovered by observation of something different about it and where a guide isn't required to complete the game. Of course, dumb luck is also fun when discovering stuff.

@Del
After reading comments about The Seeker, I have decided to post my thoughts of your previous game (Thora). I had written it many months ago, but decided to not post it at the time. While it is complimentary at its core, there is some constructive (I think) criticism that may help with your future games. I hope you don't find my words too critical. BTW, I had no problem with the Portuguese language. And occasional typos are "no beeg t'ing".
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby blumyst » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:18 am

Typos are great. Good one kimo!
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

Next

Return to Games from other Developers