Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

The Seeker

Re: New RPG: The Seeker

Postby ZuluKat » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:47 pm

Indinera wrote:
ZuluKat wrote:Once again repetitive but I still bought this game to support this site. I can deal with the portugese n.p. I know this dungeon style is Del's trademark now trading off to a differing variety of monsters in dungeons as I mentioned on previous game would be ideal. Mazes are nice once in awhile but building it as a regular formula seems stifling. The story line is good but not epic yet it cured my semi boredom waiting for new Laxius game. Apologies, I don't want to sound brutal. Personally I liked the free items throughout the game! AS yet I haven't had any problems.

Thank you very much.
Before LS there is Forever Heroes. Mark in on your calendar, it's HUGE.

Bought the day it came out, played and loved but will patiently wait for Laxius Soul! I mean waited this long what's a few more months? In the meantime working on beta script editing to keep me busy!!! :)
ZuluKat
Explorer

Re: The Seeker

Postby briony » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:43 am

tried demo would not buy the game - too many enemies to fight. no heal points in the first village same old story and not enough money from enemies to purchase goods or equipment
briony
DreamLord of Myst

Postby Euphoniac » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:11 am

As far as I can tell, not a single player from here or on Steam has found a single secret room in this game. I just completed the game and bumped into every wall, but couldn't find a secret room, either.

A few possible reasons I could think of:
- I only bumped into every wall where it would make sense to find a secret room. If other walls contain secret rooms, then congratulations, you have successfully fooled me, developer.
- While bumping into the walls, I didn't press Enter, because pressing Enter at the same time all the time wasn't manageable considering the dungeons' mazes. The same would apply if secret rooms could be unlocked by pressing Enter while standing on certain floor tiles.
- Maybe I missed the secret rooms because I wasn't attentive and concentrated enough.
- Maybe, but only maybe, I missed the secret rooms because there weren't any. Frankly, I strongly favor this explanation attempt at this point.

Thus, I would like to ask: Could you, developer, please tell us the locations of the secret rooms, preferably by using screenshots that show the exact locations and possible triggers? By doing this, you could also prove that your game contains secret rooms as advertised. I mean, you wouldn't promote secret rooms as a feature if your game didn't have any, would you?
Euphoniac
Peasant

Postby Del » Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:14 pm

Euphoniac wrote:As far as I can tell, not a single player from here or on Steam has found a single secret room in this game. I just completed the game and bumped into every wall, but couldn't find a secret room, either.

A few possible reasons I could think of:
- I only bumped into every wall where it would make sense to find a secret room. If other walls contain secret rooms, then congratulations, you have successfully fooled me, developer.
- While bumping into the walls, I didn't press Enter, because pressing Enter at the same time all the time wasn't manageable considering the dungeons' mazes. The same would apply if secret rooms could be unlocked by pressing Enter while standing on certain floor tiles.
- Maybe I missed the secret rooms because I wasn't attentive and concentrated enough.
- Maybe, but only maybe, I missed the secret rooms because there weren't any. Frankly, I strongly favor this explanation attempt at this point.

Thus, I would like to ask: Could you, developer, please tell us the locations of the secret rooms, preferably by using screenshots that show the exact locations and possible triggers? By doing this, you could also prove that your game contains secret rooms as advertised. I mean, you wouldn't promote secret rooms as a feature if your game didn't have any, would you?

Greetings,

This is my fault, the secret rooms implementation was on my to do list, and it was one of the last things I would add so I could ramp up the items given accordingly, after having all of the game done. During crunch time I ended up forgetting to add them, it was an oversight, a bad one, and I apologize for it.

I will ask for an updated build to be uploaded, containing the secret rooms, and then, if you'd like, I'll show you where exactly they are.

Thank you for your feedback, it it weren't for you, I probably wouldn't have been able to correct this.
Del
Bounty Hunter

Postby Euphoniac » Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:01 pm

Thanks for your response and explanation. Since I won't play through the game a second time, I'm just satisfied that future player will be able to enjoy a feature that has been advertised and should have been there from the beginning.

I couldn't care less about secret rooms as a feature per se, but if there are supposed to be any, then I - as a completionist - am determined to find them, which affects my playstyle immensely (e.g. bumping into walls - more than usual). To be honest, I probably wouldn't even have bought the game if I hadn't thought that other players must be dumb to not find a single secret room (it turns out they weren't). +::biggrin

At least the game is easy enough to beat without any overpowered equipment from secret rooms.
Euphoniac
Peasant

Postby blumyst » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:15 pm

Hi Del,
When I or someone else told you we need a way to get out of your mazes easier instead of
going all theway back thru them to get out we meant all your mazes in
any game you make. Looks like you were in a hurry to make the seeker
an get it done so you made mistakes
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

Previous

Return to Games from other Developers