The Lightbringers

The Lightbringers

Postby Indinera » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:15 am

THE LIGHTBRINGERS

$9.99

Image Image

This is the first game by Oboro Games.

SUMMARY:

The world is being ravaged by an evil disease known as The Plague, join four chosen heroes on their quest to become the Lightbringers, the only ones capable of eradicating the disease and saving the humankind and their own loved ones!

FEATURES:

Classic Storyline
Dynamic Party System
Fun & Witty Dialogues
Dozens of accessories to customize your players

SCREENSHOTS:

Lost in the game? Please feel free to use this thread to ask your questions! :)
ENJOY!
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Re: New RPG: The Lightbringers

Postby Valdy » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:19 pm

Some Spoilers below !!

Congratulations on your first game, Oboro Games. Before I go and buy the game, I have a question: After having gone up the mountain road, fighting many many many orcs, I had a minute's rest, and then had to go through some maze-like place, fighting many more creatures. Actually, I did fight every orc I came across on the mountain road, but just ran away from most of the next set of creatures, because I got bored with the same gameplay so far.

So I am wondering whether the game will continue after the demo as it has so far. I don't like games where I do pretty much nothing else except fight my way from one region to the next, having hords of enemies waiting for me, and nothing much else. So far I have not come across anyone who asks for help (no quests), which was a little disappointing. So I am asking if the game will turn a little more interesting after the demo, like: roaming around towns (larger than the one I came across), and getting quests from people.
Valdy
Explorer

Postby kimo » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:55 pm

I, too, am curious about the basic approach. I am halfway through MM5 and am going to want something new in the next week or so.

"Dungeon Crawler" and "Hack & Slash" aren't my preferences either. A good story with well developed (emotionally, not physically) +::biggrin characters and lots of stuff to find/do make almost any game great IMO.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby Indinera » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:10 pm

kimo wrote:I, too, am curious about the basic approach. I am halfway through MM5 and am going to want something new in the next week or so.

"Dungeon Crawler" and "Hack & Slash" aren't my preferences either. A good story with well developed (emotionally, not physically) +::biggrin characters and lots of stuff to find/do make almost any game great IMO.

They do mention classic storyline and fun dialogues, for what it's worth...
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby ZuluKat » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:03 pm

As I sit at my laptop playing resting my head on folded arms debating whether I should be doing this while playing a game...I do my best to not leave bad comments, BUT First the game ran slow, my laptop is updated and all. I find a lot of these RPG MV games run a tad slow anyway. All I could think of is "Will this demo ever end?" That's a first for me. Second, I do have a problem with misspelled words...in battle sequence - "unconscious" (correct spelling) seeing that over and over irked me. Older games don't bother me with misspells...who knows...I guess I expect more with contemporary games. And I need to stop comparing to Indinera's games...I like the story line, not epic but it is a typical formula that is beginning to be slightly overused. Meaning, climb stairs, fight same enemies...repeat next area...mixing it up a bit would be nice.

Apologies for being harsh. I have wondered why people go into game making...creating games that take you out of this hellish world we live in is an art. The essence of a game that brings you to a level that is thought provoking, intuitive on the player's reactions and actions in a game are truly rare and even rarer, hardly ever grasped.
Don't get me wrong to make a game is incredible! Congratulations!!! I just don't think I will purchase.
ZuluKat
Explorer

Postby Dood42 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:38 pm

I don't any screenshots of battles or the like. Kinda would like to see that.
Dood42
Peasant

Postby Indinera » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:41 pm

Dood42 wrote:I don't any screenshots of battles or the like. Kinda would like to see that.

Maybe try the demo? It's probably the best way to get a "feel" of the game.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Ricbyrne » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:18 pm

completed the demo! Downloaded the whole game, but it does not allow me to pickup where I left off! The only option it offers is start a new game. How do I fix this? +::Dunno
Ricbyrne
Wanderer

Postby Dood42 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:17 am

Indinera wrote:
Dood42 wrote:I don't any screenshots of battles or the like. Kinda would like to see that.

Maybe try the demo? It's probably the best way to get a "feel" of the game.

I downloaded it this morning, still need to install it, though! 8)

Ricbyrne wrote:completed the demo! Downloaded the whole game, but it does not allow me to pickup where I left off! The only option it offers is start a new game. How do I fix this? +::Dunno

Am also curious to know this. My guess would be that you'd need to go into your appdata folder and copy the saves to the full game's appdata?
Dood42
Peasant

Postby Valdy » Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:27 am

I am surprised the developer hasn't shown their face yet to answer some questions, or even just to say hello. Going by the non-reaction from the dev. I have decided to uninstall the .save files and give this game a miss.
Valdy
Explorer

Postby blumyst » Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:59 am

Looks like it was grab the money and run from the one who made the game. There was no
choice of casual normal or hard game on this one. Starts out hard keeps going on normal
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

Return to Games from other Developers