Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Shattered Worlds

Re: New RPG: Shattered Worlds

Postby OrfeasGS » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:42 pm

The game has been updated to version 1.0.5, fixing wrong/bad directions as mentioned by user kimo! Thanks kimo!
Furthermore, I fixed a later quest, which you may now complete whenever you want.

kimo wrote:Anyone know how to find Diego's house to the west? I reported defeating the Large Ogre and was told Diego, a Ranger, needed help and lived in a house to the west. Do I need another character to go east instead. The last time a direction was given, I was told to go east and the place was actually to the west. +::surrender

I do not like the concept of things appearing only after being triggered by a specific conversation, because of problems like I am having. BTW, this game is at least 20 hours if you are a completionist and wander everywhere.

On the good side, there are no encounters in the wilderness.

EDIT:
Nevermind. I was looking outside of the town, not just 2" away to the left.

Hey kimo! I hope you are enjoying the game! I guess you have already found the way to go to the eastern district, since you spoke with Diego. Apologies for the wrong directions! I uploaded a new version of the game addressing those issues. You are correct about the 20hours+ gameplay time for 100% completion. I usually give a rough estimate about the gameplay time for people who finish the game and complete around 60-70% of side-questing, exploring and lore reading.

ZuluKat wrote:Beautiful as all of your games are! This...well Valdy said it all! Quality, just what I was craving and perfect timing too. Thanks ever so much!!!!!!! +::YAY +::Thumbup

+::heart
OrfeasGS
Mercenary

Postby kimo » Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:28 pm

@Orfeas
Yes, enjoying the game even with the invisible Shadows in one of the dungeons. +::grrr I am trying to get used to the many unique aspects you have introduced to your game. And since you are willing to "fix" minor stuff, here's another one. The word "Trivial" has been used twice so far when refering to something that was very important information, and therfore not Trivial.

Has anyone found items (other than in chests) when searching stuff that does not have sparkles? I have started to ignore all pots, crates, etc that do not have sparkles. I stopped looking in everything (Indi has trained us well) when a specific early quest situation triggered sparkles for stuff I had previously searched.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby OrfeasGS » Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:36 pm

kimo wrote:@Orfeas
Yes, enjoying the game even with the invisible Shadows in one of the dungeons. +::grrr I am trying to get used to the many unique aspects you have introduced to your game. And since you are willing to "fix" minor stuff, here's another one. The word "Trivial" has been used twice so far when refering to something that was very important information, and therfore not Trivial.

Has anyone found items (other than in chests) when searching stuff that does not have sparkles? I have started to ignore all pots, crates, etc that do not have sparkles. I stopped looking in everything (Indi has trained us well) when a specific early quest situation triggered sparkles for stuff I had previously searched.

Oh, I thought I cleaned errors like those! I will fix the "trivial" errors in a later version. I'm gonna wait, because you guys may spot one or two more bugs or errors.
Yeah, do not interact with non-sparkly stuff. Like in all of my games, if something is not sparkly, there's no need to interact with it.
OrfeasGS
Mercenary

Postby Lis » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:46 pm

Finished the game. Loved it. But I double and triple checked most areas before the final battle because I can not find super secret rooms 1, 3, 4 and 7. +::cry Can someone please tell me what area there in? I will go back and check those again.
Thank you +::heart

+::biggrin just found 3
Live and let live
Lis
Wanderer

Postby Koni » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:17 am

OrfeasGS wrote:
Lis wrote:Hi OrfeasGS
Just tried the link for the mini guide but it gives me ASpookyTeapartyNotes.pdf

Oops! Sorry, here is the correct link: https://bit.ly/3gbg0uz
I fixed my previous post's link, too.

Thank you,
This is most helpful. I didn't know how to get through the purple vines.

Having fun!
Koni
Wanderer

Postby Shotz! » Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:45 am

Hello all,

I'm sure I'm probably missing something really simple, however I cannot get Priest Jean to share any information after the mayor sends me to him. Is there a trick to this? +::Dunno
Shotz!
Wanderer

Postby Valdy » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:55 am

Lis wrote:Finished the game. Loved it. But I double and triple checked most areas before the final battle because I can not find super secret rooms 1, 3, 4 and 7. +::cry Can someone please tell me what area there in? I will go back and check those again.

Lis, you can check where the secret rooms are in your Objectives or whatever it's called. Where your quests are kept. There is also a section with the locations of all secret rooms.

Hope this helps.
Valdy
Explorer

Postby OrfeasGS » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:27 am

Lis wrote:Finished the game. Loved it. But I double and triple checked most areas before the final battle because I can not find super secret rooms 1, 3, 4 and 7. +::cry Can someone please tell me what area there in? I will go back and check those again.

+::YAY Woohoo! Congratz on finishing the game!
Oh, just a small tip: you can fight the last boss without a problem. The game only ends if you interact with the *thing* and say "yes".
I will not help you with the Super Secret Rooms... because it's very difficult to describe their exact locations with words.

Instead... here's a small cheatsheet/guide for them! +::heart It's free (of course) and anyone can download: https://bit.ly/2NOBt0c

(I edited all my previous posts in this forum topic to add this new Super Secret Room Cheatsheet, so that new users can see and download it easily.)
Shotz! wrote:Hello all,

I'm sure I'm probably missing something really simple, however I cannot get Priest Jean to share any information after the mayor sends me to him. Is there a trick to this? +::Dunno

Hello! I believe you are in the wrong place. To find priest Jean, you need to go to Chaac's Temple. The temple is located outside of the town, to the west.
Exit the town through Dothe Center and go up. When you are on the overworld, travel to the left and a bit down until you see a temple-like building. Enter that and find the priest in there. After that, just read and follow your Quest Log.

Valdy wrote:

Lis, you can check where the secret rooms are in your Objectives or whatever it's called. Where your quests are kept. There is also a section with the locations of all secret rooms.

Hope this helps.

Hey Valdy, I have also 8 Super Secret Rooms. Lis is referring to those. These do not have clues and can only be visited by chance! There also are some people who will tell you locations of secret rooms or you can read some clues about one or two of them in lost pages, scrolls and the like. I also made a pdf for everyone, so check it out if you want to learn more about them!
OrfeasGS
Mercenary

Postby Valdy » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:41 am

Oh, I see. I just saw the numbers Lis was referring to, and thought that she meant the "normal" secret rooms. Thanks for everything, Orfeas, your quick help, your great games, and well... your great games. +::heart You are my favourite developer of old-school RPGs (I love Indi's games as well, but he often tends to give us invisible enemies, which I really dislike), and your enemies in this game don't respawn. Thank you for that.
Valdy
Explorer

Postby OrfeasGS » Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:05 am

Valdy wrote:Oh, I see. I just saw the numbers Lis was referring to, and thought that she meant the "normal" secret rooms. Thanks for everything, Orfeas, your quick help, your great games, and well... your great games. +::heart You are my favourite developer of old-school RPGs (I love Indi's games as well, but he often tends to give us invisible enemies, which I really dislike), and your enemies in this game don't respawn. Thank you for that.

+::heart +::heart +::heart
OrfeasGS
Mercenary

Postby Lis » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:24 pm

@ Valdy
Thank you for responding but I got all secret rooms. Had a problem with the super secret ones.

@ OrfeasGS
Thank you so much for the cheat sheet/guide. Going to find them right now.
+::Dance +::YAY
Live and let live
Lis
Wanderer

Postby Lis » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:26 pm

Shotz! wrote:Hello all,

you need to gather 100% of the people’s Approval by finding lots of quests and solve them. Then priest Jean will be ready to give a new story driven quest. +::Thumbup
Live and let live
Lis
Wanderer

Postby ZuluKat » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:56 pm

Ok, I have a problem...I can't do the Dothe Botanical Guild quest. The sign is still on the door and Quest is superimposed over that. I've gone back several times and talked with every character and still have the same problem. Any help with whether this is a technical issue or I haven't done something right. Completed all other quests also and at 93% approval. Thanks in advance!
ZuluKat
Explorer

Postby OrfeasGS » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:11 pm

ZuluKat wrote:Ok, I have a problem...I can't do the Dothe Botanical Guild quest. The sign is still on the door and Quest is superimposed over that. I've gone back several times and talked with every character and still have the same problem. Any help with whether this is a technical issue or I haven't done something right. Completed all other quests also and at 93% approval. Thanks in advance!

Got the problem. I will be uploading a new version shortly. I will write a new post announcing the new version.
OrfeasGS
Mercenary

Postby ZuluKat » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:28 pm

Thanks ever so much!
ZuluKat
Explorer

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers