Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Shattered Worlds

Re: re newest update

Postby OrfeasGS » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:16 pm

jincyk wrote:Is there a specific link?

How do I update?

To update your game:
1. Uninstall Shattered Worlds, like any other program, from your computer.
2. Redownload the game from the link in the e-mail you received after purchasing. Check your e-mails and you will see that you were provided with a download link, when you first purchased the game.
3. Install the newly downloaded file and continue playing normally! Your save files and conigurations are intact.
OrfeasGS
Mercenary

Postby kimo » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:06 pm

OrfeasGS wrote:

How do I update?

To update your game:
1. Uninstall Shattered Worlds, like any other program, from your computer.
2. Redownload the game from the link in the e-mail you received after purchasing. Check your e-mails and you will see that you were provided with a download link, when you first purchased the game.
3. Install the newly downloaded file and continue playing normally! Your save files and conigurations are intact.

Yeah, what he said... but you will most likely need to enter the product number and password using the email site link, not the download link. The download link auto password expires a few days after the email is received. I have found using a VPN will oftentimes result in an error because they think you are a bot.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Re: New RPG: Shattered Worlds

Postby Lady JJ » Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:10 pm

Just finished the game. I always know when a game is a hit with me because I can't wait for the ending and then I'm sad because the game is done. I played in normal mode. I had no problems with not enough money, even had about 30,000 left over at the end. My characters were level 19 at the end and took down the final boss easily. I did have a bit of a problem with the monster/spirit duo in the Ekino catacombs, but when I left and (1) finished a few more quests which led to a couple of epic infusions and (2) concentrated on taking out the monster first (thanks for that tip, Orfeas), the battle was much more manageable. As usual, I can't say enough about games produced by the Orfeas team. If you liked Shattered Worlds and you haven't yet played The Deal and/or The Prophecy Lies, I highly recommend you do so. Thanks again, Orfeas, for another great game. Looking forward to the next releases.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby Shotz! » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:11 am

[quote="OrfeasGS"]@Shotz!: Z Coins are always exactly enough to proceed to the next area. Tomorrow I will prepare screenshots of Ekino Catacombs for you.

Thanks so much Orfeas!! They helped immensely. Not sure if I had missed an area or did them in the wrong order but I have now found them all! You're the best! +::YAY +::YAY +::YAY
Shotz!
Wanderer

Postby Valdy » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:07 am

How do I update?

You just reinstall your game. You should have a link in the confirmation email you received when you bought the game.

--- --- ---

ETA: I see Orfeas has already posted help for this. :)
Valdy
Explorer

Postby feyone2 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:02 am

I've a couple of questions: Quest: Place of origin. I have 4 out of the 5 pieces of info and don't know where to look for the last piece. Hence I can't access Tharsala. I've been through most of the caves several times looking. and the other quest I'm missing is the Mystic place. Can you give me some clues please!
I"m having trouble beating the duo in Ekino too especially as I've run out of money and there's nowhere to level up.
I don't want to be beaten by it ... that would be terrible, it's great fun!
feyone2
Bounty Hunter

Postby OrfeasGS » Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:39 am

A. "A Mystic Place in Astus" - Astus' Waterfall:
Spoiler: show
1. Inside House - Dothe Center
2. Quetzacoatl Cave 3 - to the left [the cave is available through the story line]
3. Inside Seacoast House - Seacoast area [available only after unlocking the entire Skill Tree]

B. "Place of Origin" - Lost City of Tharsala:
1. Dothe Town's western district - inside the house to the left
2. Milly Cave - outside of the cave, down the left side stairs, in Baal Shamin statue room
3. Hulsu Mines - outside to the far left
4. Gargonda Cave - room 3, to the bottom right
5. Old Chaac Shrine - behind the Void Vines (purple vines - take a look below if you don't know what these are!)

The "Place of Origin" quest requires you to be able to purify the Void Vines (purple, big vines). To purify the Void Vines and open new paths, you need the Purification Infusion. In case you don't have it, follow these steps:
0. Get the Traversing Infusion from the “Careful Treasure Hunting” pirate quest!
1. Go to Dothe Swamp, use the Traversing Infusion on the glittering plant to your left and take the Key Item from the treasure chest.
2. Go to Dothe Town's western district.
3. Use the Traversing Infusion on the glittering plant and enter the Dothe Cavern.
4. At the end you will find a poisoned fairy. Give her the Key Item you found in the swamp.
5. Accept her quest.
6. Complete her quest and return to her in Dothe Cavern.
7. After that, go back to the place where you did her quest and help her again.
8. She will give you a key to open the chest in that area.
9. You now have the Purification Infusion! With this utility infusion, you will be able to make the Void Vines (purple big vines) disappear!

C. The three places of power: (for maybe other users)
1. Keithe Castle Gardens
2. End of Gargonda Cave - the pillar.
3. Waterfall Area - visitable after completing the "A Mystic Place in Astus" quest
These places of power must be found after finding the *thing* to energize.

D. Strategizing for Ekino Catacombs Boss Fight 1; The Spirit and the Order:
1. The spirit mainly only tries to buff itself and the Order. Debuff the Order with Pormetheus' Golden Vortex as much as you can.
2. Ignore the spirit completely and focus on the Order. Defeat it using your stronger attacks after using Golden Vortex.
3. After the Order is down, the spirit will change its form and it will be vulnerable. Defeat it normally.
4. If you are playing on a version below 1.0.8, please update your game, so that this Boss fight becomes a bit easier.
Last edited by OrfeasGS on Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
OrfeasGS
Mercenary

Postby OrfeasGS » Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:41 am

Shotz! wrote:
OrfeasGS wrote:@Shotz!: Z Coins are always exactly enough to proceed to the next area. Tomorrow I will prepare screenshots of Ekino Catacombs for you.

Thanks so much Orfeas!! They helped immensely. Not sure if I had missed an area or did them in the wrong order but I have now found them all! You're the best! +::YAY +::YAY +::YAY

I was a bit anxious that I, maybe and for some reason, forgot something and lost count of the coins! I'm glad that you found everything!
OrfeasGS
Mercenary

Postby feyone2 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:02 am

Thanks so much. I didn't realise I'd not completed Old Chaac temple. Completed now and Tharsala visible! Will proceed there. +::YAY
feyone2
Bounty Hunter

Postby RAndrews » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:33 am

Lady JJ wrote:Not wrong, just hiding behind some purple void vines. Look in the first main room in the dug-out cavern just above the right steps. You were in that room previously to flip one of the switches. If you've already purified the vines, just reenter that room again.

Thank you :) I've finished the game for now, but this will be useful when I play it again :)
RAndrews
Bard

Postby RAndrews » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:37 am

OrfeasGS wrote:LadyJJ was correct; the Shadow Dragon is in the Dug-up Cavern in Dothe's western district (under Joshua's house). You need to have the Purification Infusion to cleanse the Void Vines there. If you haven't been in Secret Room #1, you will need at least version 1.0.7.

Thank you :) I finished this time, and this was the only quest I missed - But this will be helpful next time :)
RAndrews
Bard

Re: Safe to sell?

Postby Shotz! » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:19 pm

kimo wrote:
jincyk wrote:Sorry to be a pest, but this game is addictive.

Beginning to think I'll have to sell some defensive/offensive apparel in order to complete the Tree. Any ideas about which are safe to sell and which are not?

I agree that this is a very addicting game. I finished yesterday at 28 hours and character levels around 22. I finished every quest (with lots of help) and almost blew the final step in the wish quest. Luckily I keep lots of save files.

I know it is not necessarily "safe", but I sold several infusions below the "Intense" level. Be careful not to sell any anti-dark magic infusions. I would not suggest spending gold on
any of the books in the seaside town until the skill tree is completed.
I was about 5k gold "short" of getting absolutely everything.

Like Orfeas mentioned, check your healing item inventory and I think you will find you have maybe 30-40 more Magical Water than you will need to finish the game. I would also suggest not buying
bombs for 600 gold each. I only really used the Light Magic ones and that was for the final battles.

@kimo

Would your advice be to not use and keep buying potions etc and just continue to go back and forth to heal in Dothe or at the healing statues. I too am short cash to finish the skill tree and just trying to figure out where to save money when I replay the game.
Shotz!
Wanderer

Postby Lady JJ » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:07 pm

Shotz! wrote:
Would your advice be to not use and keep buying potions etc and just continue to go back and forth to heal in Dothe or at the healing statues. I too am short cash to finish the skill tree and just trying to figure out where to save money when I replay the game.

I rarely used the healing items. I used a few demufflers and potent potions towards the end, but mainly just ran back and forth to the closest healing statue. There was a healing statue in almost, if not all, dungeons. When you replay, keep in mind that the gold amounts are random. I know this is a painstakingly slow approach, but it certainly worked for me and I was never short of cash >> save your game just before walking over/collecting the gold. If the amount you collected isn't to your liking (e.g. nothing or a measly 11 G), quit/reload and try again. I set a minimum of 100 G before moving on. Sometimes I had to reload 8 or 10 times, other times I'd get in excess of 200 on the first try. It may not help you much now but it might help in a future replay. Also, once I got intense+ and epic infusions, I never bothered with the lesser and medium infusions again. Maybe you could sell a few of them now to get that skill tree finished?
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Milly/Verdant Crystal/White Key

Postby jincyk » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:36 pm

So I'm almost done. I will have to sell a bunch of stuff (I'm 8000+ short) in order to complete the tree and tackle the final foe but before I do that I want to complete the Milly place, where I'm still 2 monsters short. I've found all secret rooms & etc. and have looked through all dungeons multiple times and am unable to figure out what I haven't done.

I have to assume the problem has something to do with the verdant crystal and the white key, neither of which I've found a place for.

Any advice greatly appreciated!
jincyk
Explorer

Postby kimo » Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:24 pm

@kimo

I was only short on cash when trying to use the books in the Seaside cottage. I mentioned before that I was glad to have not found them earlier, because I would probably have finished the skill tree much later.

I would not buy any bombs again for 600 gold as I seemed to have enough fighting power to not need them. Also, there are two infusions (Aetheric Treasure & Golden Drops) that will give more goodies after battle. I equipped these as soon as I found them, but be careful because they obviously will reduce other stats. I usually had the bowwow equip the best one available.

As for healing items. Although I did get nervous on occasion, I found that Orfeas balanced the distribution of stuff rather well. I would suggest to not overbuy stuff (depending on your aversion to risk) and also finish the skill tree ASAP because the faster you can eliminate baddies, the less healing you will need. Yes, I did use those healing points in Dothe rather often. Since you don't get attacked in the wilderness, it's always just a quick run home. Also, I paid the gold needed to use the healing statues when available in certain "dungeons".
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers