Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Shattered Worlds

Re: New RPG: Shattered Worlds

Postby OrfeasGS » Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:46 am

Shattered Worlds was updated to version 1.0.7 to address two issues:
A] Lapale Forest's "Mysterious Diary" quest would not be moved over to the completed section of the Quest Log even after its completion. That was a visual glitch. The game still counted it as truly completed.
B] Secret Room #1 was blocked off and could not be revisited after finding Karul. It is now revisitable later in the game from within the castle.

@klooloo: If you put the Magenta-Cyan Crystal on the altar and you are downstairs, you will need a Crimson Crystal and a Verdant Crystal. The Verdant can be found in Chaac's Old Shrine (see previous posts) and the Crimson Crystal can be looted after defeating the Shadow Dragon, behind the Void Vines, in dug-up tunnel, under the house in Dothe's western district. The first secret room can be accessed in this new version. Please, update the game and you will be able to find Secret Room #1. Good job on finding the super secret ones!

@kimo: Fish Tail is for
Spoiler: show
the fisherman in Sahuagin Settlement! He will appear only if you complete the "Fishy Figure" quest. If you need a list of the people who "wish for" stuff, tell me and I will prepare it for you.

You did well in Lapale Forest. Putting the belongings with the guy was the correct decision. Be sure to have talked with the guy at the forest's entrance! When you get
more than 81% Approval go to his remains again, at the end of forest.

And yes, you will get the key after helping the slimey spirit in Ekino Town.
OrfeasGS
Mercenary

Postby kimo » Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:06 pm

@Orfeas
Thanks for the info re: the Fish Tale. I talked to everyone in the camp but
never noticed the guy who appeared at the south side.

I noticed the wishes but only started writing them down near the end of the game because they seemed possibly important because of the use of "wish". Now I have the Magically Infused Egg, but do not know who wants that. I think I will need to find "Bigger Paper" too so hopefully I am near the end of this quest.

Thanks for the info about returning to the body. There are too many instances of having to retrace steps deep into a "dungeon" even if there are portals sometimes to return, so I would never recheck some things. An "Egress" spell would have been very helpful. Maybe even make acquisition of the spell possible during a particularly difficult dungeon.

Now I have to revisit the Lapale Forest and find a dead guy as well as use that green key. Hopefully one of these 2 things will reward me with
the final proof of adventuring. I have the Pirate and Mining Proofs.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Help with Chickera on Hard Mode

Postby jincyk » Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:27 pm

I'm at a loss with this battle. They keep respawning. Any strategies?
jincyk
Explorer

Re: Help with Chickera on Hard Mode

Postby kimo » Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:36 pm

jincyk wrote:I'm at a loss with this battle. They keep respawning. Any strategies?

This battle was rough on Normal mode, I can't imagine what you're going through. IIRC then the large one keeps respawning the smaller ones. At one point I even think a new large one even appears.

I used mass spells available through the skill tree and also kept trying to debuff the critters. I don't think poison worked though. I assume you've looked at your equipped infusions to make sure you are set up for maximum hits. There are 2 dual hits per turn possibilites if you have equipped Second Chance and Twin Energy. Prometheus' Golden Vortex spell negates 1 enemy's buffs and seems to have a 100% chance of success. And any infusions that try to automatically inflect negative conditions with a standard hit might be a good thing as long as you don't sacrifice that spot that will keep your character from negative conditions.

There is one thing that happens if you use Prometheus' standard attack. A 3x hit randomly occurs at a high level of damage (like 800-900 dmg each) and I have never figured out what triggered that new attack mode.

And finally, Korul's "Ghost Resolve" repairs everyone's TP to 100%, but at full MP cost as stated in its description, not the 200MP listed.

Hope this helps. I think this was one of the hardest fights in the game.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby OrfeasGS » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:26 pm

jincyk wrote:I'm at a loss with this battle. They keep respawning. Any strategies?

Hello, jincyk! The monsters do not respawn forever in that battle. There are going to spawn 2 small one and a big one. The big one is weaker than the first, so it's a bit easier as time passes in-battle. The chickera monsters in Lapale forest are weak to thunder and water elemental spells, so be sure to buy good spells from Prometheus via the Skill Tree! Don't forget to use items to your advantage and if you haven't recruited the fourth party member... do that! Open the Key Item Mayor's Letter and follow the instructions, if you don't know where to find the fourth party member.
Moreover, whatever kimo said about infusion... was great advice!

@kimo : The Infused Egg can be given later to
Persephone, Prometheus' sister, in Keithe Castle's throne room. That's the last step for that quest.

The final proof, you are looking for can be easily be found in
the house at the Seacoast - a place only available after completely unlocking the entirety of the Skill Tree for all four characters! You are going to get some good things over there!

kimo wrote:And finally, Korul's "Ghost Resolve" repairs everyone's TP to 100%, but at full MP cost as stated in its description, not the 200MP listed.

(at least 200MP cost + all your remaining MP) <- that's what I meant. So that you won't be able to use it if you have less than 200MP. It's a really powerful spell, right?

PS: For notes, you can also use Adventurer's Notepad, from your Key Items. It's pretty handy!

PPS: About the rare, extra and powerful "normal" attacks that may happen:
1. Prometheus has a 6% chance to use Energy Barrage instead of Attack. This is a triple, poweful hit that can easily inflict the opponent with Blind.
2. Snap has a 4% chance to use Sic 'em instead of Attack. This special and powerful skill can cause Pain and Poison.
3. Karul has a 5% chance to use Sword's Law instead of Attack, a more powerful version of his noral Sword's Law skill.
4. Calenda has a 7% chance to use Hammer Explosion! instead of Attack. That skill just causes a lot of damage.
These possibility percentages are set and the player cannot affect them.
OrfeasGS
Mercenary

Postby Shotz! » Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:04 pm

Awesome game!!

That being said, I'm stuck in the Ekino Catacombs. Is there an order to which ladders I need to activate for Z coins. I've gone back to 3 different saves now and never seem to have enough to continue. Or is there a hidden place with coins I haven't found? Any advice greatly appreciated! +::sos
Shotz!
Wanderer

Postby kimo » Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:17 pm

The final proof, you are looking for can be easily be found in
the house at the Seacoast - a place only available after completely unlocking the entirety of the Skill Tree for all four characters! You are going to get some good things over there!

Again, I didn't think about returning to a place I had already been without having some clue. Now I guess I will have to figure out what happens with all 3. It's not like a giant voice from above ... oh, wait. I play without volume on. Maybe there was a voice. +::biggrin

I also just noticed the 4 books in the house without sparkles. Have they always been there with the ingravings? Or did they just appear? Is that a reward for finding all 3 Proofs?

So, I am 15k gold short from being able to improve everyone. Does the game have a money-making option I have missed?

(at least 200MP cost + all your remaining MP) <- that's what I meant. So that you won't be able to use it if you have less than 200MP. It's a really powerful spell, right?

Very powerful! And once you figure out it wipes out all MP, its easy to stop wasting Magic Water.

PS: For notes, you can also use Adventurer's Notepad, from your Key Items. It's pretty handy!

I love the adventurer's notepad even with its limitations. It reminds me of old 64k/128k maximums. I just wish there was an "Insert Note" function. I figured out a workaround, though.

PPS: About the rare, extra and powerful "normal" attacks that may happen:
1. Prometheus has a 6% chance to use Energy Barrage instead of Attack. This is a triple, poweful hit that can easily inflict the opponent with Blind.
2. Snap has a 4% chance to use Sic 'em instead of Attack. This special and powerful skill can cause Pain and Poison.
3. Karul has a 5% chance to use Sword's Law instead of Attack, a more powerful version of his noral Sword's Law skill.
4. Calenda has a 7% chance to use Hammer Explosion! instead of Attack. That skill just causes a lot of damage.
These possibility percentages are set and the player cannot affect them.

Ah hah! Curiously, the one with the highest chance was using more spells so it happened less for me. Thanks for the undocumented explanation.
I could often get up 2700+ dmg using Promethius' skill.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby kimo » Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:26 pm

Shotz! wrote:Awesome game!!

That being said, I'm stuck in the Ekino Catacombs. Is there an order to which ladders I need to activate for Z coins. I've gone back to 3 different saves now and never seem to have enough to continue. Or is there a hidden place with coins I haven't found? Any advice greatly appreciated! +::sos

Interesting. I was worried about decision-making early in the catacombs. There were exactly enough coins to get through the mines for me (not one extra coin). I would not trigger the outside event for 16 coins until you are completely finished, though. The catacombs are extremely convoluted with one floor ladder leading to a grotto and another ladder leading down to the next level in one case. I went through this thing about 4 different times for different reasons.

I would start at the Catacomb beginning and start working each small section until you get to the next map. Slow and tedious, but like I said there were no extra coins and sometimes I had extras when activating a section.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby OrfeasGS » Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:49 pm

@Shotz!: Z Coins are always exactly enough to proceed to the next area. Tomorrow I will prepare screenshots of Ekino Catacombs for you.

@kimo: The Proof was at the Seacoast from the beginning... did you miss it the first time? The books have no sparkles, because... I forgot to place them! I will add the sparkles on the next update. They were there from the beginning. Nothing extra appears there. Money is more than enough in the game, especially if you sell the Junk Items, get the loot from the areas you visit and complete quests. You can even sell healing items later, if you believe you don't need them. Furthermore, the books are optional and you can revisit later to buy them. They just give huge stat buffs.
After getting all three Proofs, you have the option to present them at the altar in the last room of Tharsala Catacombs, as written on the altar, if you have actually been there.
I can tell from the way you are commenting that you found the game complex and with things happening out of the blue, right? I am sorry that you got such a tedious experience - it was not my intention. Are small, linear games more preferred? I just thought that you guys would want a big, exploration-heavy game for a change and lose yourself in a brand new world with lots of dungeons.
OrfeasGS
Mercenary

Postby kimo » Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:44 pm

@kimo: The Proof was at the Seacoast from the beginning... did you miss it the first time? The books have no sparkles, because... I forgot to place them! I will add the sparkles on the next update. They were there from the beginning. Nothing extra appears there. Money is more than enough in the game, especially if you sell the Junk Items, get the loot from the areas you visit and complete quests. You can even sell healing items later, if you believe you don't need them. Furthermore, the books are optional and you can revisit later to buy them. They just give huge stat buffs.
After getting all three Proofs, you have the option to present them at the altar in the last room of Tharsala Catacombs, as written on the altar, if you have actually been there.
I can tell from the way you are commenting that you found the game complex and with things happening out of the blue, right? I am sorry that you got such a tedious experience - it was not my intention. Are small, linear games more preferred? I just thought that you guys would want a big, exploration-heavy game for a change and lose yourself in a brand new world with lots of dungeons.
[/quote]

Yep, I guess I totally missed the chest in that house. Don't know how. I got lazy only looking for sparkles. I do understand the books are optional, but any gold was better spent on the skill tree IMO. I think it was better that I did not find them too early.

I have thoroughly enjoyed this game. And, yes it was very complex if a person wanted to complete everything. I loved how many quests there were and the large amount of exploration without an encounter every 20-50 steps. It was also very well balanced from all aspects which is the most important thing in any game.

Visible monsters that didn't respawn were great. But there are some game mechanics I would have preferred to be different. Such as what to do when finding the 3 Proofs. It had been such a long time since I first encountered where they were needed, that I forgot. In that case an additional comment (even a vague one) in the quest log as would have sufficed as just a simple reminder. Also, I have never been a fan of backtracking because it is usually a ploy to level up characters or expand game time. So I really appreciated when the miners and botanists quests were combined.

As for color-blindness. I have problem with some shades of red and green. In fact, there is one color chart where I can see both sets of numbers and my opthalmologist required me to trace the numbers to prove I could see both. +::lol
I wish game designers would use a combination of patterns and colors, so I don't have to work so hard identifying some surfaces. There have been a few games I could not complete and have a file note saying "no play". Ones with timed puzzles/tasks are also on my hit list. My comment about the colors is that the game said a purple-like color was radiating from the puka and the gem for that puka was magenta. About as confusing as calling a hole (puka in hawaiian) something entirely different.

Now, its off to the palace to kick some butt. For people who are curious, this game is easily 25+ hours if you like to complete stuff.

Mahalo nui loa for a great game! I'm going to hate when I'm pau with it.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby RAndrews » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:36 am

I am struggling in Tharsala catacombs. I've found both secret rooms, but I can't find the switches to unlock the two gates - one iron and one red (I found one at the very beginning and assumed that opened a gate that I never saw). I also haven't found the iron key to unlock the grate in the quest persons house - is that in one of the chests behind the gate? I'm assuming that the ring is behind the red gate.
Can anyone help please?
RAndrews
Bard

Postby OrfeasGS » Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:43 am

Shotz! wrote:Awesome game!!

Hello! Please, check out this link: https://imgur.com/gallery/0c9Sppt
I have the screenshots for all rooms with Z Coins and their positions. Please, double-check if you still cannot find Z Coins to proceed and inform me, so that I can issue a new version for the game with an altered version of the catacombs. I hope the screenshots help!

RAndrews wrote:I am struggling in Tharsala catacombs. I've found both secret rooms, but I can't find the switches to unlock the two gates - one iron and one red (I found one at the very beginning and assumed that opened a gate that I never saw). I also haven't found the iron key to unlock the grate in the quest persons house - is that in one of the chests behind the gate? I'm assuming that the ring is behind the red gate.
Can anyone help please?

Hello! This quest is pretty easy, but requires some back-and-forth, so here's a quick list:
0. Accept the "The Lost Ring" quest from the spirit in Tharsala and take the key from the newly-appeared chest in the
same room!
1. Use the key in Tharsala Catcacombs 2 and unlock the gate. Interact with the chest behind the gate and you will be informed that you flipped a blue colored switch at the bottom of the chest.
2. Go to Tharsala Catacombs 4. There was a blue gate there, that now is gone. Interact with the barrel and get the Spiritual Key.
3. With the Spiritual Key, go back to Tharsala town and enter the building near the small waterfall. Open the chest there with the Spiritual Key. You will be informed that you flipped a red colored switch at the bottom of the chest.
4. Go to Tharsala Catacombs 5. There used to be a red gate that's now gone. Interact with the pot and you will be informed that you flipped a switch.
5. Go to Tharsala Catcacombs 2 and the iron gate is now gone! Open the chest and get a Small Iron Key.
6. Go back to the spirit's home in Tharsala town and unlock the grate.
7. Go down the basement and find the Lost Ring. Return to the spirit upstairs.
OrfeasGS
Mercenary

Postby RAndrews » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:01 pm

Thank you very much - all sorted now :) Loving the game, by the way :)
RAndrews
Bard

Postby watts712 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:19 pm

Who gets the digging pickaxe??

I love this game!!!!!

Hope you have another one in the near future :)
watts712
Bard

Postby Lady JJ » Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:36 am

watts712 wrote:Who gets the digging pickaxe??

I love this game!!!!!

Hope you have another one in the near future :)

There's a man in West Dothe digging under his house.

It is a fun game, isn't it? The 'Wish List' reminds me of The Deal. There's just so much to do. I thought I was nearing the end, but it seems I've still got more places to go and quests to fulfill. SO MUCH FUN!! LOVING IT!! :) Congratulations and thank you to the Orfeas team for yet another awesome game.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers