Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Knight Bewitched 2

Re: New RPG: Knight Bewitched 2

Postby Lady JJ » Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:22 pm

I've just finished the game. 23 hours. Are there plans for a sequel? What I liked best about the game were the boss battles and alpha monsters. Usually I can just hack'n'slash my way through to the end, but these battles actually caused me to strategize both equipment and skill choices. And the strategy needed to be modified for each major encounter. I really appreciate the thought that went in to designing the battles. I definitely didn't think they needed to be nerfed in any way, but I'm glad they weren't any harder. :)

There was one quest I couldn't complete because I just couldn't find him. Apparently I found him once, because I have the quest and was able to retrieve the object, but I can't find him anywhere now. I should have taken notes. I'm talking about the dwarf, Goliath Jr. My memory (which often fails me) tells me he is a castle guard. The in-game quest journal says that the quest is initiated in Eredor and I should return to Eredor with the proof. I can't find him there. The guide says I can initiate the quest in Deepforge I and I should return to Deepforge I with the proof, but I can't find him there either. I thought maybe he went with Hadgar to deal with those crazy chickens, but I can't find him in the mines. He's just AWOL!

Being unable to complete this quest also leaves me one shy of the skill enhancers to collect. Neither greatly impacted the game completion. I'd just like my curiosity satisfied.

There were a few too many dark dungeons for my old eyes. However, it did seem that once the alpha monster was defeated, the areas lightened up a bit. My imagination or something that was indeed coded?

All in all, I enjoyed playing the game. Congratulations, Joshua, on another hopefully successful game.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby jkweath » Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:34 pm

@Lady JJ

Whoops! It looks like you found another major typo in my quest text. So I originally had Goliath Jr. positioned in the Eredor Bar, but then I later moved him to Deepforge I... And forgot to update the quest text to reflect that. You'll find him lounging around in the Deepforge I bar. He has black armor so he'll stand out a bit from the others.

There were a few too many dark dungeons for my old eyes. However, it did seem that once the alpha monster was defeated, the areas lightened up a bit. My imagination or something that was indeed coded?

That may have been your imagination - though the Null Fortress does indeed light up after you defeat The Monarch, but that was it. I'll see about brightening up some areas a bit so they're not as eye-straining.

As for plans for a sequel: I did set up the ending for a sequel, but I'm not sure if there will be one yet or not. If I'm being honest, I'm feeling kind of ready to start on a new game series alongside the release of RPG Maker MZ. That said, I do have some ideas for a sequel if Knight Bewitched 2 somehow manages to fly off Steam's virtual shelves, so it's still a possibility.
jkweath
Bard

Postby Lady JJ » Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:41 am

jkweath wrote:@Lady JJ
Whoops! It looks like you found another major typo in my quest text. So I originally had Goliath Jr. positioned in the Eredor Bar, but then I later moved him to Deepforge I... And forgot to update the quest text to reflect that. You'll find him lounging around in the Deepforge I bar. He has black armor so he'll stand out a bit from the others.

Ack! I cannot tell you how many times I revisited Deepforge and never saw the back of his helmet. Thanks. 100% completed now. :)
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby feyone2 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am

Hi, I tried the Demo and I bought the game today, So far I'm liking the story and I loved the first one too. +::YAY
feyone2
Bounty Hunter

Postby Lis » Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:05 pm

Hi jkweath
Love the game and played it a couple of times. you offered

I haven't posted maps of any other areas, but I'll gladly take requests.

and I like to take you up on that +::biggrin
Could I get a map for Null Fortress please? Those teleporters drive me insane +::grrr

Thank you in advance +::Thumbup
Live and let live
Lis
Wanderer

Postby jkweath » Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:52 pm

Lis wrote:Hi jkweath
Love the game and played it a couple of times. you offered

I haven't posted maps of any other areas, but I'll gladly take requests.

and I like to take you up on that +::biggrin
Could I get a map for Null Fortress please? Those teleporters drive me insane +::grrr

Thank you in advance +::Thumbup

Sure thing! Here you go:

https://imgur.com/a/hIn1EzQ

feyone2 wrote:Hi, I tried the Demo and I bought the game today, So far I'm liking the story and I loved the first one too. +::YAY

Glad you're enjoying it! Let me know if you run into any problems or have any suggestions for improvements!
jkweath
Bard

Postby Lis » Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:33 pm

Thank you so much jkweath +::Dance +::clap +::YAY
Live and let live
Lis
Wanderer

Postby jkweath » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:36 pm

No problem!

I will have an update ready shortly that fixes some minor typos pointed out earlier. In addition, this update changes the final ending scene to include an art illustration that wasn't ready before the release.

For anyone who has already finished the game, the art illustration can be found in the link below. Do NOT click the link unless you've finished the game or don't mind being spoiled:

jkweath
Bard

Postby kimo » Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:17 pm

Anyone able to offer advice on how to initiate quest #15 Guinevere's Game?
Spoiler: show
I have Tiamat, but I cannot find Ogronn in Niveas as the guide says to do. Is Ogronn's location wrong?
+::sos
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby jkweath » Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:27 pm

kimo wrote:Anyone able to offer advice on how to initiate quest #15 Guinevere's Game?
Spoiler: show
I have Tiamat, but I cannot find Ogronn in Niveas as the guide says to do. Is Ogronn's location wrong?
+::sos

My apologies - that is a typo in the guide. After obtaining Tiamat, Ogronn is found in an abandoned house in the town of Vulcan.
jkweath
Bard

Postby watts712 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:08 pm

I am having trouble with Tower of Trails... I have made it to floor 3 were is soooo dark and then to 4 on the right side to get the chest but can't get anywhere else...In 3 I have found 4 sets of stairs 2 o up and 2 go down and I missing anything else in that dark dark room??
Can you send a map??
Thanks
watts712
Bard

Postby kimo » Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:51 pm

watts712 wrote:I am having trouble with Tower of Trails... I have made it to floor 3 were is soooo dark and then to 4 on the right side to get the chest but can't get anywhere else...In 3 I have found 4 sets of stairs 2 o up and 2 go down and I missing anything else in that dark dark room??
Can you send a map??
Thanks

I hope there are maps released, too. This was incredibly hard to find everything. I think I might have missed something. If it makes you feel any better, I don't think the monsters respawn as you explore the different floors. I found myself just engaging every group so I could search for every one of those stairways. If you are running low on potions, you might want to return to Lestonia for stuff. But prepared for respawning on re-entry. At least that seems to be JK's design approach.

I finally made it to floor 5 and found Tiamat. Don't forget to save after using the campfire on floor 5. And try to understand the free guide about how Tiamat does stuff. It took me 2 times to succeed. +::Dance
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby jkweath » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:13 pm

watts712 wrote:I am having trouble with Tower of Trails... I have made it to floor 3 were is soooo dark and then to 4 on the right side to get the chest but can't get anywhere else...In 3 I have found 4 sets of stairs 2 o up and 2 go down and I missing anything else in that dark dark room??
Can you send a map??
Thanks

Sure thing. This link will take you to a full map layout of the Tower of Trials:

https://imgur.com/a/1O02OCY

The green 'T's stand for 'treasure'. Money bags and potions aren't marked. Apologies if it's difficult to read - there's a lot of staircases to map out. +:oops:

If you just want the Skill Enhancers, there's one on the first floor (upper right treasure), one on the second (bottom right), and the fifth (lower left).

But prepared for respawning on re-entry. At least that seems to be JK's design approach.

Correct. The way I set up on-screen encounters was that about half of the enemies on any given map will respawn, but only once. If they're defeated a 2nd time, they won't respawn again, making it possible to 'clear out' rooms if the player wishes to.
jkweath
Bard

Postby MONCHA5 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:38 pm

I cant find guinevere un niveus armor shop! +::sos
MONCHA5
Explorer

Postby MONCHA5 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:25 am

MONCHA5 wrote:I cant find guinevere un niveus armor shop! +::sos

Another error in the guide. She is in volcano Town
MONCHA5