Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Knight Bewitched 2

Knight Bewitched 2

Postby Indinera » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:50 pm

KNIGHT BEWITCHED 2

$14.99 only!!

Image Image

SUMMARY:

The death of Typhus the World-Breaker brought peace to the world of Ambrose--temporarily.

Three months after the events of Knight Bewitched, mercenaries Rae and Alex are hired by the Deepforge Expedition to explore the ruins of an ancient Halonian temple. Beneath the temple is an entrance to the Ambrose Underworld and the expedition's target, the lost fortress Deepforge I.

Though Deepforge I is successfully reclaimed, questions arise after the discovery of a mysterious cult embedded within the expedition. Now Rae and Alex, alongside heroes Ruth, Gwen and other allies, must investigate and discover the truth behind the cult and the Deepforge Expedition before it's too late.

Knight Bewitched 2 is a stand-alone game, but it helps to have played the first Knight Bewitched for context and character backstory. Knight Bewitched 2 is the second entry in the Knights of Ambrose Saga.

SCREENSHOTS:

Lost in the game? Please feel free to use this thread to ask your questions! :)
ENJOY!
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Re: New RPG: Knight Bewitched 2

Postby jkweath » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:55 pm

Currently known bugs:

-In the miniguide, the quest "Guinevere's Game" is incorrectly listed as starting in Niveus; this quest starts in Vulcan after obtaining Tiamat.

Map of the Null Fortress: https://imgur.com/a/hIn1EzQ

Map of the Tower of Trials: https://imgur.com/a/1O02OCY

Link to the Miniguide: http://jkgames.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Knight-Bewitched-2-Miniguide.pdf

Hello everyone! I'm back for my 5th game release on Aldorlea! As usual, I'll be around to answer any questions and fix bugs, but if you want a faster response you can email me anytime at Jkweath@gmail.com.

-As the description says, this game is a direct sequel to Knight Bewitched, taking place three months after it. It's not necessary to have played the first game to enjoy the second one (though I would recommend it).

-A miniguide is included within the game's files. It isn't a complete walkthrough, but it has a layout of the World Map and general locations for every Alpha Beast and Skill Enhancer in the game, as well as a list of all the optional quests and how to finish them.

I haven't posted maps of any other areas, but I'll gladly take requests.

-If you have any issues with graphics or text not displaying correctly, make sure your video card drivers are up to date.

-As the description suggests, you can now toggle between Random Encounters/Invisible Enemies and On-Screen Encounters! In addition, enemy difficulty can be adjusted anytime in-game. If you play with Random Encounters turned on and feel like you're running into enemies too often (or not often enough!), or if a difficulty setting doesn't feel balanced, let me know and I'll be happy to make some adjustments.

An edit: it looks like I made the screenshots too big again :( They show up correctly without the cut-off on the game's main page.
Last edited by jkweath on Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:07 pm, edited 6 times in total.
jkweath
Bard

Postby watts712 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:48 pm

Hello played demo and bought the game loved the first game...how do I get the mini guide??

Thanks
watts712
Bard

Postby jkweath » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:04 am

watts712 wrote:Hello played demo and bought the game loved the first game...how do I get the mini guide??

Thanks

Thank you!

The miniguide is included in the game's files. If you installed it to your My Documents folder, it'll be in there inside the "Knight Bewitched" folder.

The miniguide is also available online here:

http://jkgames.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Knight-Bewitched-2-Miniguide.pdf
jkweath
Bard

Postby sarahp » Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:06 pm

How long is this game please?
sarahp
Bard

Postby jkweath » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:51 pm

sarahp wrote:How long is this game please?

I'd put the game length between 12-16 hours depending on what difficulty you choose and whether or not you like to grind and/or do side-quests and collect items.

Then again, I'm pretty bad at gauging just how long it takes people to beat my games, lol. It usually takes me, the developer, around 8 hours of playtime to beat any of my games with 100% completion, but I've had many people clock my games at ~20 hours.
jkweath
Bard

Postby sarahp » Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:12 pm

ok thanks
sarahp
Bard

Postby Lady JJ » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:44 am

I have 9 hours into the game. From the look at the world map and the number of places I have yet to visit, I'd say I'm not even half done. The game is very well done and I am definitely enjoying it. :)
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby jkweath » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:18 pm

Lady JJ wrote:

I have 9 hours into the game. From the look at the world map and the number of places I have yet to visit, I'd say I'm not even half done. The game is very well done and I am definitely enjoying it. :)

Always great to hear from you Lady JJ. Glad you're enjoying it!

I'm releasing a small update today (7-15-2020). This update slightly weakens the bosses in the Verdant Temple and the Tower of Trials. In addition, the player will receive a "World Map" key item that can be used on the World Map to hide/show the minimap or peek at the entire map. If anyone downloads this update and runs into any problems, let me know!
jkweath
Bard

Postby kimo » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:13 am

I guess I missed buying that update this afternoon. My version is 7/10. I'll let you know when I download it tomorrow.

My question. Where do I find MP replenishment stuff? Even the sellers are lacking in what they have to offer. I'm off to the swamp and feeling short supplied without options. There seems to be an imbalance in restoratives. Or did I miss something? It's not like I am allowed to return to a previous area after a certain point in each segment.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby jkweath » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:50 am

kimo wrote:I guess I missed buying that update this afternoon. My version is 7/10. I'll let you know when I download it tomorrow.

My question. Where do I find MP replenishment stuff? Even the sellers are lacking in what they have to offer. I'm off to the swamp and feeling short supplied without options. There seems to be an imbalance in restoratives. Or did I miss something? It's not like I am allowed to return to a previous area after a certain point in each segment.

You didn't miss anything - it looks like I forgot to supply the item shop in Deepforge with Ethers. I went ahead and made another quick update and fixed that. It'll be ready for you tomorrow.

(For anyone who's already downloaded the 7-15 update, no need to download again if you don't want to - all I did was add Ethers to the item shop in Deepforge)
jkweath
Bard

Postby Lady JJ » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:53 am

kimo wrote:I guess I missed buying that update this afternoon. My version is 7/10. I'll let you know when I download it tomorrow.

Using the Guard option will replenish your MP each round. Also, Hermes has a skill that will replenish HP/MP for everyone in the party each round for up to 5 rounds. I don't use too many items to replenish MP, but you can readily buy Ether (restores 15 MP) and, later on, Hi Ether (restores 30 MP). 15 and 30 might not seem like much, but the skill costs aren't that high. You will, very rarely, find Elixir (restores full HP/MP for one character), but I haven't used that since it's such a rare find. Maybe later in the game it can be bought.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby Lady JJ » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:02 am

jkweath wrote:Always great to hear from you Lady JJ. Glad you're enjoying it!

I'm releasing a small update today (7-15-2020). This update slightly weakens the bosses in the Verdant Temple and the Tower of Trials. In addition, the player will receive a "World Map" key item that can be used on the World Map to hide/show the minimap or peek at the entire map. If anyone downloads this update and runs into any problems, let me know!

I've just finished the Tower of Trials. I really enjoyed that fight with Tiamat. It took me 3 or 4 tries to get the hang of it, but once I did, Tiamat went down fairly easily (normal mode). Same with Verdant Temple. I had to experiment with a couple of different parties/equipment in order to keep everyone alive. I like the "World Map" key item thingamajiggy. I think I'll redownload just for that. Definitely having fun. :)
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby kimo » Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:11 pm

Lady JJ wrote:

Using the Guard option will replenish your MP each round. Also, Hermes has a skill that will replenish HP/MP for everyone in the party each round for up to 5 rounds. I don't use too many items to replenish MP, but you can readily buy Ether (restores 15 MP) and, later on, Hi Ether (restores 30 MP). 15 and 30 might not seem like much, but the skill costs aren't that high. You will, very rarely, find Elixir (restores full HP/MP for one character), but I haven't used that since it's such a rare find. Maybe later in the game it can be bought.

Thanks for the info on Guarding. I rarely use that function in any game. Hermes' battle-only Prayer spell only adds HP at his current level (7) and I am unable to buy Ether at all (but that is what JK is fixing). I agree it is enough at 15 & 30MP. I had to buy Deepforge Stout instead.

If anyone is frustrated with getting your butt handed to you by the Ogres in the castle, this is what I did
Spoiler: show
Don't engage them at all. Just run south from the entry stairs (you have to defeat an Ogre to find them) and dodge everyone you can. Turn left and go North dodging everyone until you get to the big guy on the throne. Save and heal before you engage and then hope for the best. I had to try 2x before I won. And you should have bought at least 1-2 Lifepowder.

My advice for anyone starting this game is to not sell any duplicate weapons/armor unless you are absolutely sure you won't need it soon. The game will be swapping members in/out at different points in the story, which is an interesting feature. Also, "reserve" characters gain XP. I am just not sure about the %. This is a feature I wish more designers would incorporate, since it's not my fault I have sooooo many characters.

This game is gonna easily take 20+ hours to complete I think. Especially for we who are explorers.

@JKweath
Thank you for the included guide. And while most of the icons are rather easy to figure out, it took a while to figure out bleeding. Yes, I finally found a guy who told me about all status effects. But only after playing for a hour.

Technically, I haven't had a game freeze, but I remember in the "old days" that memory stacks were causing problems especially when changing screens really often. I have a Lenovo Legion now, so I am rarely plagued by processor problems.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby jkweath » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:24 pm

LadyJJ informed me of a couple typos present in the Quest Log text for the quest "Alchemy" and that a key item isn't removed correctly after a certain cutscene. I'm not going to fix these immediately (they're minor bugs, not worth re-downloading the whole game just for that), but they will be fixed next time I issue an update.

A fun little fact about Tiamat: He was a *very* difficult boss to work with. Spoiler:

Spoiler: show
-In his first iteration, he would spawn two mirror images (like he does now), but after 2 turns he would spawn 2 MORE images for 4 total, and then he would swap every 3rd turn instead of every 2nd turn. I felt like this made the battle a little too overwhelming, so I cut it down to just the two.

On guarding to restore MP, I think I actually removed the MP restoration early on in development, but then decided to put it back in and forgot to document it with the tutorial NPCs. +:::| Reserve characters gain 100% experience.

@kimo: Glad you're enjoying it so far. I recall you mentioning long ago in my thread for Knight Bewitched 1 that my guide was lacking a bit, so I made sure to beef up my guides for my last two games. There are still many things I could've added to improve the guide, but I hope there's enough there to help out collectors and anyone needing extra help with the bosses!
jkweath
Bard

Next

Return to Games from other Developers