Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Horizon Odyssey

Horizon Odyssey

Postby Indinera » Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:56 pm

HORIZON ODYSSEY

$19.99

Image Image

Attention! Massive game alert! This is a brand new 40-hour game from brand new developer Matthew Ryan. Coming with beautiful screenshots and an epic story, this is a must-try for people who enjoyed "The Book of Shadows" last year, or Aldorlea's big games in general.

Please note that the game also comes with a 174-page guide:
https://secure.bmtmicro.com/cart?CID=45 ... ID=2618061

There's also a sample of the guide that covers the beginning of the game:
http://horizonodyssey.ca/horizon-odysse ... h-demo.pdf

Enjoy! +::wizard +::wizard

SUMMARY:

Born into a bleak underground town that bans travel to the outside world, the concept of exploration and discovery are foreign. As the town of Holv slowly rots from existence, will the people cling to their beliefs of safety in favour of life? Mathias must start a quest that will call for courage in the face of fears greater than those that are just physical. The world is indeed dangerous, and the deeper you look for the source of the danger, the more dangerous it becomes. But it's a journey that must be taken nonetheless.

Join Mathias with eleven other playable characters as they discover their roles in the world. Search the world for secrets, hundreds of weapons and armours and many rare collectibles that boost your characters through skill tree points as you seek out the darkness of the world.

FEATURES:

40 hour game play in the main story-line
Skill trees that gain more tree points based on finding collectibles and leveling up
12 playable characters and hundreds of skills, weapons and equipment
Secret areas that expand on the lore of the world along with hundreds of collectibles
Most dungeons feature puzzles that range from easy to challenging usually with an alternate solution
Optional puzzles that are more difficult than story-based puzzles
Option to allow saving anywhere if desired
Easy Mode which strengthens your party and decreases encounters by half
174-page strategy guide if you need it

SCREENSHOTS:

Lost in the game? Please feel free to use this thread to ask your questions! :)
ENJOY!
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Re: New RPG: Horizon Odyssey

Postby Madmar » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:33 pm

No mouse, no buy.
Madmar
Explorer

Postby darkange » Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:08 pm

Madmar wrote:No mouse, no buy.

lol what ? I never play rpg games with mouse - don't see the point .... it's way easier to find secret rooms and stuf with keyboard.

@indy so a fresh new developer thought this might be a good time to drop a big ass game 5-6 weeks before your own big ass game lol
I don't stop when I'm tired, I stop when I am done.
(David Goggins)
darkange
Bounty Hunter

Postby Gorilla4 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:22 pm

I wanted to wait till august to buy this game. My budget is terrible. But I am used to play with a mouse too... If it is possible to add this option, it would be nice. I really enjoyed The book of shadows, and this game is supposed to be alot like it...
Gorilla4
Bard

Postby Valdy » Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:23 pm

I agree about not using the mouse. These old-school RPGs are the only games I never play with a mouse.

I have been playing for about half an hour, and do like it, except that I can't save everywhere I want. I don't know whether this continues once I am above ground, but at the moment I can only save in the church. Not what I like in a game, especially when I died with the first boss.

I am also not keen on getting 12 characters and hundreds ? of skills. I don't like spending half my game time on fiddling around with the skill tree for all characters, and I usually only use the first 4 characters I get in a story. Don't like to keep switching them over. But that's just how I feel about it.

Having said that, I will most likely buy this game.
Valdy
Explorer

Postby Indinera » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:13 pm

On the topic of the mouse: please just let players decide what best way it is for them to play.
To each their own preferences! :) +::heart
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Indinera » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:13 pm

@indy so a fresh new developer thought this might be a good time to drop a big ass game 5-6 weeks before your own big ass game lol

+::biggrin +::biggrin +::biggrin
1 month apart is way enough, no worries. 8)
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Indinera » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:15 pm

I really enjoyed The book of shadows, and this game is supposed to be alot like it...

It might be, but I can't vouch for it (they aren't my games), so take it with a grain of salt... it's just that the length is excellent here (40 hours) and the screenshots look great. It also comes with a badass strategy guide, like Book of Shadows.
Try it for yourself and let us know what you think! 8)
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Indinera » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:17 pm

Glad to hear! Hope you'll like it! +::Thumbup
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Matt Ryan » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:26 pm

Valdy wrote:I agree about not using the mouse. These old-school RPGs are the only games I never play with a mouse.

I have been playing for about half an hour, and do like it, except that I can't save everywhere I want. I don't know whether this continues once I am above ground, but at the moment I can only save in the church. Not what I like in a game, especially when I died with the first boss.

I am also not keen on getting 12 characters and hundreds ? of skills. I don't like spending half my game time on fiddling around with the skill tree for all characters, and I usually only use the first 4 characters I get in a story. Don't like to keep switching them over. But that's just how I feel about it.

Hi, thanks for the compliments and criticisms.

EDIT: I have since added Save Anywhere and Easy Mode.
For the issue about save points, for me, I prefer to not be able to save at any time I want simply to make the game more suspenseful and exciting. If I can save at any time, it takes a bit of that away for me. I did compensate by making save points fairly common, though. Any dungeons that are a bit long will have at least one save point in them, as I made the game a bit tough. Also, you can save at any point on the world map. Most places it will be easy to get to the world map to save if you want to.

For the skills, the skill trees are the same for each character, but you can focus on one aspect of them for each character. If you want a strong physical character, a tank, magic user, etc. The characters also learn skills on their own as they level up. I'm not sure if this is the issue about not wanting to switch characters, but each character you get will be the same level as your main character and XP is shared to all characters after a fight. This'll make it easier to try out other characters if you're inclined.
Last edited by Matt Ryan on Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matt Ryan
Bard

Postby Indinera » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:36 pm

If I can save at any time, it takes a bit of that away for me. I did compensate by making save points fairly common, though. Any dungeons that are a bit long will have at least one save point in them, as I made the game a bit tough. Also, you can save at any point on the world map. Most places it will be easy to get to the world map to save if you want to.

Would you consider an Easy mode where it's possible to save everywhere? In order to fit different playing styles?
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Matt Ryan » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:14 pm

Indinera wrote:
Would you consider an Easy mode where it's possible to save everywhere? In order to fit different playing styles?

It's something I'll look into, but as it is, there are a lot of save points in the game. I'll add a save point before the first boss for sure, but in general the save points aren't limited at all.
Matt Ryan
Bard

Postby poshpaws » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:49 am

I love it that all of these great new games are being released. Is this as a result of the lockdown effect?
poshpaws
Bard

Postby Indinera » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:50 am

poshpaws wrote:I love it that all of these great new games are being released. Is this as a result of the lockdown effect?

No idea but in my case I STILL have to deliver my (allegedly) great game... so can't really accept that compliment yet. +::fear +::biggrin
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Valdy » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:52 am

Thanks very much for the reply, Matt. I am glad to hear that I can save the game on the world map. I played another game where I could save onlt in certain places, like at a crystal, but was able to save on the world map any time.

Regarding the 12 characters again: I just don't care to have so many characters in my game. All I want are the 4 main characters, rather than having to get armour and weapons for the other 8 as well, while most likely I will never use them. But as I said, that's just how I like it. I am sure other gamers will love the choices they get in this game. :)
Valdy
Explorer

Next

Return to Games from other Developers