Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Wormskull

2 fleeing bosses in The Black

Postby jincyk » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:02 pm

I have Duncan at 37, Renshi 34, Rowin 27, Magus 32, equipped as suggested in the guide, and I still can't keep these
!@#$ from escaping.

Tips?
jincyk
Explorer

Re: New RPG: Wormskull

Postby crawfors » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:07 pm

You only have a few short rounds to deliver serious damage. DO duncan and Renshi have extremely high physical damage?

Put your stone of david and Lich King items on Magus so his comets can do insane damage. ( you need tons of magic)

have you used your elixirs and manuals? Now would be a good time to use all your magic boosting items on Magus

(keep in mind, these fights are worth doing over until you defeat them) the drops are ridiculously good.

If you don't beat them here, the opportunity never comes back.

jincyk wrote:I have Duncan at 37, Renshi 34, Rowin 27, Magus 32, equipped as suggested in the guide, and I still can't keep these
!@#$ from escaping.

Tips?
crawfors
Explorer

Postby Lady JJ » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:02 am

Questions about Crafting

There is a necklace between Hell Ring and Shadow Armor. I'm having trouble mining the required items. I know some people had trouble foraging enough lapus lazulis, but I have no problem getting those. I have a serious problem getting diamonds. I only have 3 diamonds right now, but it appears, from the little bit I can see, I need more. Not sure how many more. My question is, what are the other ingredients I'll need for this necklace. I don't want to waste hours mining for diamonds just to find out I don't have something that doesn't show up. Thanks.

Second question.. I have 84/91 (92%) armors crafted, and I can count those 7 ?????'s that haven't been crafted yet. (They all need diamonds.) I have 45/47 (95%) weapons crafted, yet I don't see any that haven't been crafted yet. They've all been crafted at least once. Is there a place closer to the final battle where I'll come upon another manual with those final 2 weapons? Again, thank you.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby crawfors » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:59 am

Hey LadyJJ

I believe the amulet you are attempting to make is the "Apocalypse Pendant"

it requires

Meteorite: 2
Hellstone
Dragon Scale: 2
Lapis Lazuli: 2
Enchanted Bar: 4
Diamond: 8
Soul Essence

You'll get diamonds mining.. since you are so close to the end of the game, a spot you can go to is at the far east of the world map- there's a small cavern there where you can mine.

the 47/49 weapons is kind of an error. Well sort of.
Basically i made 49 weapons and only put 47 in the game.. so you can craft all the weapons available to you.

Did you craft yourself a Hellblade yet?
It requires the following

Meteorite
Hellstone
Dragon Scale
Enchanted Bar: 20
Long Blade Mold
Soul Essence
Pommel Mold
Hilt Mold
crawfors
Explorer

Postby Lady JJ » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:01 pm

Took me 2 hours to get the required diamonds, but finally all the crafting is done. The Apocalypse Pendant is very nice indeed. Yes, I have crafted a Hellblade. In fact, I crafted 3 of them. Duncan is equipped with one and Renshi wields two. You might want to consider fixing that 45/47 Weapons bug and reuploading a revised version of the game. This is a really good game but completionists will feel cheated.
So... I've returned to the Black to get a few more hellstones.
I'd highly recommend this game. It's been a lot of fun.
crawfors wrote:Hey LadyJJ

I believe the amulet you are attempting to make is the "Apocalypse Pendant"

it requires

Meteorite: 2
Hellstone
Dragon Scale: 2
Lapis Lazuli: 2
Enchanted Bar: 4
Diamond: 8
Soul Essence

You'll get diamonds mining.. since you are so close to the end of the game, a spot you can go to is at the far east of the world map- there's a small cavern there where you can mine.

the 47/49 weapons is kind of an error. Well sort of.
Basically i made 49 weapons and only put 47 in the game.. so you can craft all the weapons available to you.

Did you craft yourself a Hellblade yet?
It requires the following

Meteorite
Hellstone
Dragon Scale
Enchanted Bar: 20
Long Blade Mold
Soul Essence
Pommel Mold
Hilt Mold
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby kimo » Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:24 am

Lady JJ wrote:Took me 2 hours to get the required diamonds, but finally all the crafting is done. The Apocalypse Pendant is very nice indeed. Yes, I have crafted a Hellblade. In fact, I crafted 3 of them. Duncan is equipped with one and Renshi wields two. You might want to consider fixing that 45/47 Weapons bug and reuploading a revised version of the game. This is a really good game but completionists will feel cheated.
So... I've returned to the Black to get a few more hellstones.
I'd highly recommend this game. It's been a lot of fun.

I trust your judgement, so I might give this game a try. I asked the developer about the game pacing and he did mention a timed event far into the game. That's usually an instant turn-off for me. Have you encountered any event that requires completion within a specific amount of time? Or could this be the battle mentioned in the forum that you only have a couple of rounds to do major damage to the enemy?
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby Lady JJ » Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:58 am

Nothing like a chase scene or anything like that. I wonder if he meant the 2 battles where you have to kill each boss within 3-4 rounds or they escape and you lose out on the goodies?

I'm playing my second playthrough. I didn't buy the guide because I wasn't sure if I'd like the game well enough. Turns out I do like the game well enough and then some. :) I am definitely finding places I didn't fully explore my first playthrough. Maybe someday I'll buy the guide.

A quick review-You won't be awed by the graphics and mapping. You will be awed by the storyline. If you like crafting (and I do), you'll really like this feature. You level up your skill in obtaining the materials for crafting (mining and foraging) and these raw materials as well as crafted items become better and better as your skills progress. The game also uses the same leveling of spells that Indy used in Forever Heroes. So it takes a bit of strategy to (a) succeed in battle and (b) develop the spells you think you'll be using most as the game goes on. You also get skill points that you assign with each level. It's a lot more work than just having random increases in your stats as you level up.

The towns have what they need as far as inns and shops. You won't find crazy kids running around, animals getting in your way, townspeople wanting to know why in the world you're walking uninvited into their homes. Nope, it's a barebones approach, but this approach does work well. In the beginning, especially, some of the town NPC's will want something, but it's usually something for you to mine or fish for, so it's more just making sure you don't forget to do that. The foraging / fishing / mining are one spot areas where you just click and see what you get. I appreciated the simplicity of that rather than checking every bush / playing a hook-the-fish minigame / running through the mines trying to figure out which sparkle had an ore. Plus, there's an unlimited supply. The sheer number of foraged items / fish / ores makes it a little hard to quickly get what you need as it does its random feed, but you'll get it eventually (provided your level is high enough).

I don't think there are any secret rooms, but there are certainly 'off the road' adventures. As I said previously, I missed some really entertaining areas, not the least of it was the return to the Black land (and I'm STILL trying to defeat Primordial), so I think that really makes up for the lack of true side quests. You won't find stashed items in clay pots, tree stumps, etc. You will find lots of goodies in bookshelves if you take the time to walk in front of them.

The characters are done really well. And the storyline is still, you know, heroes get together and defeat the demon(s) about to destroy the world, but there's quite an imaginative twist to this one. You get to play quite a few characters, but not all at once, so it's not overwhelming. Some cursing, which seems to be the norm these days (I do miss the days when characters could 'put you in your place' without derisive name-calling), but nothing outrageous. All in all, I think you'll like this game, Kimo.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby kimo » Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:06 am

Thanks Lady JJ. I just downloaded that bear (30 mins) of a demo zip file. I'll probably extract and play tomorrow. I really appreciate your detailed comments. The timed event the developer mentioned could very well be battles. +::Dunno
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby Lady JJ » Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:29 am

kimo wrote:Thanks Lady JJ. I just downloaded that bear (30 mins) of a demo zip file. I'll probably extract and play tomorrow. I really appreciate your detailed comments. The timed event the developer mentioned could very well be battles. +::Dunno

Oh, yeah, I'd forgotten it was such a large file. Not sure why, because it's certainly not because of custom graphics. I think the developer said something about using a lot of music files. Maybe that's what is inflating the file size? (Shhh. +::shhhh Don't tell him, but I also play with the sound off...)

And I should amend my remarks about no true side quests to say that there are a few, especially early on, but two in the very first town are completely broken. These are my notes.
Inside-White haired-Trade 4 bone chips, skeletons outside mine (12 G)
Inside-Dark haired-Trade vemora fang, vemora snake outside mine (4 G)
*** As of this playthrough, the 2 inside NPC's are broken. Talk to them once and they request the items. Subsequent attempts to talk to them fail to initiate any response, so these 2 quests cannot be fulfilled.

And I'm pretty sure I had the requested items when I tried to interact with them and got no responses.

There's also a quest in the third town (Amelia) that can be solved but I'm not sure how it was solved.
Elderly woman in house on hill-Grandson needs a 'powerful potion' (requires ?, receive Soul stealer), game doesn't say what item was needed/used and there is no difference in the inventory before/after the child wakes up. Unable to determine what item solves this quest.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby crawfors » Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:50 am

You've summarized my own game way better than I ever could LMAO.
and you're on your second play through? Holy cow I feel like that is the compliment of the highest kind.
Thank you so much for that!
(I'm still sour you don't play with the music on, I'm a freaking music buff and was obsessed with where I put each song)

and the guide* It was my first guide, It's a walkthrough and since the game doesn't have elaborate mazes I only have pictures of a few maps- it thoroughly gives you most of what you need to get through the game without trouble lol!

You nailed exactly what I was going for- I look at it like this * and you guys are the players so tell me if i'm wrong*
We're playing oldschool RPG's, the graphics aren't ever going to be up to scale with new age games --that doesn't mean I want to deliver you garbage as far as appearance is concerned, I just know for me personally, my skill set isn't making pretty maps. It will get better with time, but it just isn't what I naturally take to!

YES the story. That's what i was hoping would resonate with you.. and the twist of course :)

Crafting and trade skills are simple enough to pick up- and easy to do with just a little time and patience.

COncerning the swearing : when I make my characters.. I try to make all of them as real as I can relative to an imaginative world lol.
I try my best to understand thoroughly each characters mindset, motives- reactions and feelings.
When we consider the gravity of the situation and the stress they're under- you see the stress boil over..
actually with Duncan you see him get more and more agitated as the game goes on.. you see his demeanor and language shift as well.
It's subtle but now that you're on your second play through- it will stick out like a sore thumb.

I'm super grateful you guys are taking the time to play my game (even if the sound is off) LMAO
I truly hope you enjoy not just the game but the story that unravels

Shane
Last edited by crawfors on Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
crawfors
Explorer

Postby crawfors » Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:51 am

Phoenix down II or III was the item to recover the boy ( I forget which one now)

There's also a quest in the third town (Amelia) that can be solved but I'm not sure how it was solved.
Elderly woman in house on hill-Grandson needs a 'powerful potion' (requires ?, receive Soul stealer), game doesn't say what item was needed/used and there is no difference in the inventory before/after the child wakes up. Unable to determine what item solves this quest.[/quote]
crawfors
Explorer

Postby Lady JJ » Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:36 am

Finally beat Primordial! WHEW! Huge shoutout to RAndrews for posting the equipment she used. That helped immensely.
I was focusing too much on strength and magic when I should have been balancing those with resistance. Even with that help, I couldn't do it until my players were all levels 68-71. Fortunately it only takes like 3 battles to achieve a level and those battles give great crafting goodies. I haven't touched the books yet.

I kept really good notes until Rembrandt took over. Then, I was so caught up in finding new areas to explore, areas that I hadn't seen my first playthrough, I got really lax with those notes. I'm missing Ancient Tome 10 (or Tomes if there are sequels). I have 11, 12, and 13. Are there any after 13?

+
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby RAndrews » Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:33 pm

Lady JJ wrote:Finally beat Primordial! WHEW! Huge shoutout to RAndrews for posting the equipment she used. That helped immensely.
I was focusing too much on strength and magic when I should have been balancing those with resistance. Even with that help, I couldn't do it until my players were all levels 68-71. Fortunately it only takes like 3 battles to achieve a level and those battles give great crafting goodies. I haven't touched the books yet.

I kept really good notes until Rembrandt took over. Then, I was so caught up in finding new areas to explore, areas that I hadn't seen my first playthrough, I got really lax with those notes. I'm missing Ancient Tome 10 (or Tomes if there are sequels). I have 11, 12, and 13. Are there any after 13?

+

Really glad to have helped - I did wonder if I was just being boring, but have gleaned help myself from posts of that sort, so thought I would post it anyway :)
RAndrews
Bard

Postby RAndrews » Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:36 pm

kimo wrote:I trust your judgement, so I might give this game a try. I asked the developer about the game pacing and he did mention a timed event far into the game. That's usually an instant turn-off for me. Have you encountered any event that requires completion within a specific amount of time? Or could this be the battle mentioned in the forum that you only have a couple of rounds to do major damage to the enemy?

It's an instant turn off for me too, but don't let this one put you off :)

There is one sequence where you have to get to a boss within a certain time - but it is dead easy to do (and I lack the manual dexterity for timed puzzles as a rule).

There are a series of easily avoidable encounters on the way - I think I did two or three of them for the experience, but got to the boss easily within the time.
RAndrews
Bard

Postby crawfors » Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:40 pm

Yes I was super careful and made sure to put WAY more time than I think people would use. ( I remember play testing that part like crazy)
THe last thing I want to do is put in mandatory things that are impossible for players..

the timers are there to give you a sense of urgency ( similar to the start of the game when the town is on fire)
Not because the timer is so low you're frantic and out of your mind lol

LIke you said- in the battle the timer is there, but the trash mobs are easy to navigate and take out if they do get in your way

It's a fun part of the game and a good way to mix it up just a little bit.
crawfors
Explorer

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers