Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Wormskull

Wormskull

Postby Indinera » Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:33 pm

WORMSKULL

$19.99

Image Image

Following our own popular release Forever Heroes, we're happy at Aldorlea to introduce you to a new "epic" worth tens of hours of gameplay and developed by one of our new affiliates, Wolfs Moon Studios.
It's worth noting the game filesize is very large (over 2.5Gb) and comes packaged in a ZIP file (both the demo and full game).

Please also note that the game also comes with strategy guide:
https://secure.bmtmicro.com/cart?CID=45 ... ID=2618061

SUMMARY:

Main Characters Duncan and Maduin take lead in this adventure, in constant haste with impending doom chasing them everywhere they go.
Players will enjoy the ability to create & tailor each individual characters attributes the way they please.
In Battle skills will regularly improve upon their usage. Other notable mentions are the players option to create their own equipment and potions, along with some other treats to help bring the world to life.

Wormskull boasts an average play time of 25-35 hours.

SCREENSHOTS:

Lost in the game? Please feel free to use this thread to ask your questions! :)
ENJOY!
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Re: New RPG: Wormskull

Postby kimo » Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:48 pm

"In constant haste" implies this game will keep you on edge with possibly timed events and other stressful stuff. We Americans need to relax after this election. So.......? What is the tone of the game?

mahalo nui loa for your input
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby crawfors » Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:19 pm

Hey there! Completely understandable.

I would describe it as more of an illusion that the story narrative provides.

If you decide you want to fish for 4 hours at the opening town you can do that, I think there is 1 timed event in the entire game and that's pretty deep in!

Thanks for the question :)

Here you can watch a stream of the game to get a feel for the opening and this way you know exactly what you are getting.
Of course it's difficult for a 10 minute stream to showcase the story of a 30 hour game, but at least this will help you with your decision

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XDlZxADfOc&t=28s

Shane
crawfors
Explorer

Postby gmz26 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:33 am

I had the pleasure of playing this game and I can tell you that you get your money's worth and then some. The game is exciting and there is lots to do you won't get bored, the storyline is engaging and the characters are awesome. Has been awhile since I played a game this long and was sad to see it end. You can tell the developer is passionate about giving his customers a wonderful gaming experience.
gmz26
Wanderer

Postby kimo » Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:21 pm

crawfors wrote:Hey there! Completely understandable.

I would describe it as more of an illusion that the story narrative provides.

If you decide you want to fish for 4 hours at the opening town you can do that, I think there is 1 timed event in the entire game and that's pretty deep in!

Thanks for the question :)

Here you can watch a stream of the game to get a feel for the opening and this way you know exactly what you are getting.
Of course it's difficult for a 10 minute stream to showcase the story of a 30 hour game, but at least this will help you with your decision

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XDlZxADfOc&t=28s

Shane

I really appreciate the info. I do not like timed events because of past gaming issues I have encountered with other developers. I would suggest always having a "Skip" function when incorporating this type of event in a game. But, that is just my opinion. Also, early game balance allows for the party to be destroyed too easily in my opinion. But, mahalo for the info.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby blumyst » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:19 am

to many
Duncans party has begun to escape
However it was unable to escape!
Why have the escape if you can never do it and this is just in the demo
how is one suppose to fight the monsters when they keep beating the party
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

Postby crawfors » Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:27 pm

In some games your chance to escape is a random probability.

In Wormskull it weighs your speed against the enemies speed.
If all of your characters have 1 speed, you won't be retreating from any battle.

Hope that helps!

The important thing to recognize is the learning curve at the start! Take it a bit slower and make sure to give your characters some life so they can survive the battles.

When you get into the Gnoll Burrow there's a man walking around the entrance.... tell Volkor that you know of a great challenge ( he'll join you)

(side note) There's a little trick you can do, early on if you're just exploring and not trying to fight- Once you get Maduin if you put more than 5 of her points into speed, and do the same with Seto ( first town) you'll be able to run through the Gnoll Burrow and avoid combat to get to the other side where you can pick up 3 extra characters.

there are A LOT of things to do in Shar Vahl so you will want to backtrack and level your group and acquire things.
This way you have access to all the characters though.
crawfors
Explorer

Re: New RPG: Wormskull installation problem

Postby jincyk » Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:57 pm

Bought and downloaded, extracted the zip file, getting game.exe system error:

The code execution cannot proceed because nw_elf.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem

Is anybody else getting this? What do I do?

UPDATE (for the benefit of anyone who encounters this issue):

Apparently it was a Windows 10/default zip app issue.

The default app for zip files on my PC was 7-Zip. It had always worked in the past but screwed up in this case.

I downloaded WinZip and made it the default app, and it worked.
Last edited by jincyk on Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jincyk
Explorer

Postby Indinera » Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:59 pm

Maybe the game didn't install properly? Computers tend to love to mess up with downloads.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby jincyk » Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:31 pm

I just deleted the zipfile, emptied the recycle bin, restarted, redownloaded the zip file. Clicked on game.exe
and got the same message with the same "missing" file (which was there in the zip file but disappeared after extraction).

I've never had a problem like this. How do I fix it? If I can't, I need to request a refund.

UPDATE: Fixed by installing a different zip app (WinZip) and making it default.
Last edited by jincyk on Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jincyk
Explorer

Postby crawfors » Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:51 pm

This is incredibly strange.
Not sure why it is happening either or if anyone else has seen the same issue.

The file is there prior to zip, but gone after you unzip?

You deleted everything and completely redownloaded.

What happens if you take that zip file before it's zipped- unzip everything, and then place it inside ?

Also have you disabled your firewall just to make sure nothing is blocked?
crawfors
Explorer

Postby blumyst » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:32 pm

crawfors wrote:In some games your chance to escape is a random probability.

If all of your characters have 1 speed, you won't be retreating from any battle.

Hope that helps!

The important thing to recognize is the learning curve at the start! Take it a bit slower and make sure to give your characters some life so they can survive the battles.

When you get into the Gnoll Burrow there's a man walking around the entrance.... tell Volkor that you know of a great challenge ( he'll join you)

(side note) There's a little trick you can do, early on if you're just exploring and not trying to fight- Once you get Maduin if you put more than 5 of her points into speed, and do the same with Seto ( first town) you'll be able to run through the Gnoll Burrow and avoid combat to get to the other side where you can pick up 3 extra characters.

there are A LOT of things to do in Shar Vahl so you will want to backtrack and level your group and acquire things.

Hi, thanks for answering and yes I will have to try to level up or get more money so I can get better weapons. looks like this is another game that will last a long time
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

Postby crawfors » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:40 pm

Absolutely! Take your time and don't feel like you need to rush.
There are HUNDREDS of weapons/armors/items for you to craft. THe guide (if you picked it up) goes into detail about how to level your characters and things like that.

The story unfolds as the game goes but it's a slowburn by not dumping a massive dialogue on you right at the beginning.
crawfors
Explorer

Postby Indinera » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:53 pm

blumyst wrote:
crawfors wrote:In some games your chance to escape is a random probability.

Hope that helps!

Hi, thanks for answering and yes I will have to try to level up or get more money so I can get better weapons. looks like this is another game that will last a long time

That's big game season +::clap
Hopefully more to come +::wizard
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby jude » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:56 pm

Hi, I sincerely hope this is the correct way to post a question. I purchased this game yesterday & was totally enjoying it until about 2am last night. Soooo I just went to load it today & I have no option to continue! Only "New Game" & "Options".... I've looked for my saves & can't find them. I saved ALOT too. Can someone help me??? I have about 9 maybe 10 hours in already. Thank you very much.
I just found the folder with my saves. How to get the game to find them now?
Last edited by jude on Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jude
Peasant

Next

Return to Games from other Developers