Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

The Damathos Clan

Re: New RPG: The Damathos Clan

Postby Nyx » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:23 pm

Del wrote:Using the Fire Island as a starting point, head all the way south from there, the last island on the extremity of the continet is the Vanuza Island. Let me know if that helps!

Found it - Tx - was mistaking it for a diff island.

How are you enjoying the game?

Love the game - You have by far improved your style. Graphics are great and Game play is Great.
NYX
Nyx
DreamLord of Myst

Postby Del » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:26 pm

Nyx wrote:
Del wrote:Using the Fire Island as a starting point, head all the way south from there, the last island on the extremity of the continet is the Vanuza Island. Let me know if that helps!

Found it - Tx - was mistaking it for a diff island.

How are you enjoying the game?

Love the game - You have by far improved your style. Graphics are great and Game play is Great.

I'm so happy to hear that, glad you're enjoying the game! :)
Del
Bounty Hunter

Postby TommyD » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:33 pm

Thanks Del.

Let me know if you need a beta tester +::biggrin +::biggrin
TommyD
Wanderer

Postby Del » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:35 pm

Will do!
Del
Bounty Hunter

Postby Euphoniac » Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:33 pm

I'm confused. How many "studios" does this Del guy have? Is this the same Del from Blue Phoenix Games who's responsible for the atrocity called "The Seeker" where the game descriptions (probably) still lie about the non-existent secret rooms? And this same Del runs Valkyria Games and Warfare Studios that have released games in the past that can only be described as war crimes? I get the impression there's someone who hides behind multiple "studios" - so potential players don't find out about the garbage this person has released before. And of course the game is buggy as hell; that's what happens if you release a new game every three months.

Thus, my short opinion about this game: hard pass.
Euphoniac
Peasant

Postby Del » Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:04 pm

Yes, the very same Del.

The Seeker's features list mistake was that, a mistake and not an active attempt to misslead or rip-off anyone. Have you asked for a refund for that game? If you don't and you want one, we can get that done.

I do not hide behind multiple studios, I have released many games under many names for the simple reason that they had different approaches. Warfare Studios was my first studio, and I released over 30 games under it, then I stepped out of game design for a while and when I returned I did so with Valkyria Games, which were games more focused on story rather than features, exactly like The Damathos Clan. Under Blue Phoenix Games I worked on retro inspired games, hence the Time Fantasy asset pack used for them.

I am sorry if you feel like lied, cheated or taken advantage of, that was not the intention. I have been doing this for over 10 years now, if I was aiming to be dishonest I wouldn't have lasted this long.
Del
Bounty Hunter

Postby Valdy » Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:36 pm

Del wrote:Can't say much about that direction thing, it could be an error on my part. haha
When I say east I also mean right, but I mean right from the perspective of the player and not the character itself... This is a very interesting topic that got me intrigued, I'll look into it with more depth.

Yes, it is from my perspective I am talking about. When I am told I have to go north-west to get to this tower/town, I had to take my characters up and right instead of left, where west would be.

This happens in almost all RPGs I play, not just yours, Del, and that's why I wonder if the maps are one way while they are being made, and then appear as mirror images after the game is produced. Sorry, can't explain it any better.
Valdy
Explorer

Postby Del » Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:39 pm

Valdy wrote:
Del wrote:Can't say much about that direction thing, it could be an error on my part. haha
When I say east I also mean right, but I mean right from the perspective of the player and not the character itself... This is a very interesting topic that got me intrigued, I'll look into it with more depth.

Yes, it is from my perspective I am talking about. When I am told I have to go north-west to get to this tower/town, I had to take my characters up and right instead of left, where west would be.

This happens in almost all RPGs I play, not just yours, Del, and that's why I wonder if the maps are one way while they are being made, and then appear as mirror images after the game is produced. Sorry, can't explain it any better.

Quite a confusing topic indeed!
Were you able to get to where you were going though? :)
Del
Bounty Hunter

Postby RAndrews » Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:38 am

Just finished :) Nice little game that didn't devolve into endless mazes to get the length up :) Took me 6 1/4 hours to finish - I did do the optional maze level, but honestly didn't spend very long on the last one. I hate mazes!

I agree with the comments about directions - and not just in this game :) They seem sometimes to be right, and sometimes wrong :)
RAndrews
Bard

Postby Valdy » Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:16 pm

Del wrote:Quite a confusing topic indeed!

Oh yes. I know by now that when it says "go west", I have to turn right. LOL North and South are still where they are supposed to be though. 8)

And I see that RAndrews has noticed it as well.
Valdy
Explorer

Postby Del » Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:56 pm

RAndrews wrote:Just finished :) Nice little game that didn't devolve into endless mazes to get the length up :) Took me 6 1/4 hours to finish - I did do the optional maze level, but honestly didn't spend very long on the last one. I hate mazes!

I agree with the comments about directions - and not just in this game :) They seem sometimes to be right, and sometimes wrong :)

I'm so glad you enjoyed
Valdy wrote:
Del wrote:Quite a confusing topic indeed!

Oh yes. I know by now that when it says "go west", I have to turn right. LOL North and South are still where they are supposed to be though. 8)

And I see that RAndrews has noticed it as well.
the game!

LOL all well when it ends well, I guess.
Del
Bounty Hunter

Postby jincyk » Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:00 pm

Can't recommend. Nice plot and graphics, and I always appreciate non-respawning monsters, but no room for exploration, just one foot in front of the other, no surprises. This is too expensive for such a simple game.
jincyk
Explorer

Postby Del » Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:54 pm

jincyk wrote:Can't recommend. Nice plot and graphics, and I always appreciate non-respawning monsters, but no room for exploration, just one foot in front of the other, no surprises. This is too expensive for such a simple game.

I'm sorry you feel that way!
Thanks for the compliments and for the criticism, I'll be sure to make good use of it for the next game, I'll do my best to ramp up the exploration and give the player more freedom.

Thank you for playing!
Del
Bounty Hunter

Re: The Damathos Clan

Postby mamachi » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:50 am

This game have a wonderfull graphic and I really enjoy all the houses. That make me happy.
I have a few questions. Why cant I have a really full screen page. Do I have to look at the top and bottom line or can I remove that so I better can enjoy the game. Could you put a "Fullscreen" key in the option menu?
Why do you not have a "Shotdown" key in the title page?
What is "Touch UI"
looking forward to your answer
mamachi
Bard

Re: The Damathos Clan

Postby Del » Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:47 pm

Greetings!

To toggle full screen hit Alt + Enter, and to exit it, you do the same thing. To exit the game simply click the close button with your mouse or hit Alt + F4.
Touch UI is for smartphone players only.

I'm glad you're enjoying the game!
Del
Bounty Hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers