Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

The Damathos Clan

Re: New RPG: The Damathos Clan

Postby blumyst » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:28 pm

Del wrote:
blumyst wrote:
Del wrote:I'm okay too! Keeping busy with work.

Would you mind telling me your computer specs? Maybe it has something to do with that... is it an older machine?

Yea IM thinkingthat also cause its a rebuilt one that my friend son did for me. I don really know any of thespecs on it.
Maybe if I buy the game it will work better than the demo?

If it's a compatibility issue between the game and your machine as it seems to be, purchasing the full version won't help much, I'm afraid. And I wouldn't want you to pay for something you won't be able to enjoy.

sarahp wrote:Hi Del, what length is this game please, and does it have side quests etc.?

Hey!

There is a side dungeon for you to discover in the game, not sure that is what you would classify as a side-quest.
As for lenght, it's always tricky for me to say anything about that, as each player takes a different time, I think it's safe to say it's over 10 hours for an average speed player.

If you decide to give it a chance, as I hope you do, enjoy yourself and please let me have your feedback once you're finished!

All your other games were compatable with this computer. Its basically the same as before. After he rebuilt me thisone I was able to play your games on it.
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

Postby Del » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:41 pm

This game was made with a different engine (program), that could be it.
Are you still having the same issue when you try the demo? Have you tried re-downloading it?
Del
Bounty Hunter

Postby blumyst » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:30 pm

Del wrote:This game was made with a different engine (program), that could be it.
Are you still having the same issue when you try the demo? Have you tried re-downloading it?

I redownloaded it once maybe I should try again
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

Postby blumyst » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:34 pm

blumyst wrote:
Del wrote:This game was made with a different engine (program), that could be it.

I redownloaded it once maybe I should try again

ok I just redownloaded the demo and it went fast and I tried opening it and
got the same error messsage.
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

Postby Del » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:44 pm

Yep, I'm afraid it is a compatibility issue machine X game. More specifically the engine the game was made on.
I'm sorry blumyst, my next game, on which I'm already working on, is being with the same engine as my previous one, so you should be fine to play it! Just hang tight for a while and I'll get you a new game! :)
Del
Bounty Hunter

Postby blumyst » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:01 pm

Del wrote:Yep, I'm afraid it is a compatibility issue machine X game. More specifically the engine the game was made on.
I'm sorry blumyst, my next game, on which I'm already working on, is being with the same engine as my previous one, so you should be fine to play it! Just hang tight for a while and I'll get you a new game! :)

ok, this one looks really good. Oh well
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

Postby doublegun » Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:45 am

I'm having the same problem, how do you get to the second floor? Could use some help.
doublegun
Wanderer

Postby Del » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:05 am

I have sent you a private message with some help! :)
Del
Bounty Hunter

Postby Valdy » Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:13 pm

Thanks very much for this new game, Del. I am enjoying it, and love that the enemies don't respawn. Lovely graphics, not too much talking (I dislike non-stop talk), and lots of goodies to find on the way. Also love the easy gameplay. All in all, a game to my liking. :)

Additional: There is just one thing that I never understood: when I get directions to go east or west, west is always right and east is always left. But East is to the right, and West is to the left. I don't know how many times I have gone the wrong way, because I was told to go East and turned right, just to find out that I should have gone left.

And I am not just talking about this game. I have noticed it an other RPGs as well. I don't know whether it's the programming of the game that turns the game map into a mirror image, but East means go right, West means go left.
Valdy
Explorer

Postby Del » Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:06 pm

Valdy wrote:Thanks very much for this new game, Del. I am enjoying it, and love that the enemies don't respawn. Lovely graphics, not too much talking (I dislike non-stop talk), and lots of goodies to find on the way. Also love the easy gameplay. All in all, a game to my liking. :)

Additional: There is just one thing that I never understood: when I get directions to go east or west, west is always right and east is always left. But East is to the right, and West is to the left. I don't know how many times I have gone the wrong way, because I was told to go East and turned right, just to find out that I should have gone left.

And I am not just talking about this game. I have noticed it an other RPGs as well. I don't know whether it's the programming of the game that turns the game map into a mirror image, but East means go right, West means go left.

That's what I like to hear! I'm really glad you're enjoying the game, how far are you into it?

Can't say much about that direction thing, it could be an error on my part. haha
When I say east I also mean right, but I mean right from the perspective of the player and not the character itself... This is a very interesting topic that got me intrigued, I'll look into it with more depth.
Del
Bounty Hunter

Vanuza Island

Postby Nyx » Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:30 pm

I cannot fond Vanuza Island. Noertheast is the fire island below that is the ice island then there is one with nothing on it !!!!
+::Dunno +::Annoyed +:oops:
NYX
Nyx
DreamLord of Myst

Postby Del » Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:56 pm

Using the Fire Island as a starting point, head all the way south from there, the last island on the extremity of the continet is the Vanuza Island. Let me know if that helps!

How are you enjoying the game?
Del
Bounty Hunter

Postby TommyD » Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:54 pm

Finished game.

My review:

Spoiler: show
What I liked:
- User interface
- Not wickedly hard
- Decent story
- Didn't take forever to finish
- No respawning

Could use improvement:
- Downloaded 3x before had a version that let me finish (bugs)
- Would prefer ability to choose difficulty level
- Typos annoy me (that's just my own pet peeve)
- Would normally like to have random encounters on world map. I like to level up :) But didn't actually need that anyway because nothing was hard to beat (only lost party 1x the entire game).
- About 9 hrs of gameplay for me - kinda short for the $ based on all the other games I've purchased from here.
- Guide didn't really help - thought I needed it when stuck, but turned out to be a bug (see first point)

Got some more but that's it for now
-
TommyD
Wanderer

Postby Del » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:08 pm

Sorry for the double post, Indy! +:oops:
Last edited by Del on Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Del
Bounty Hunter

Postby Del » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:08 pm

Del wrote:
TommyD wrote:Finished game.

My review:

What I liked:
- User interface
- Not wickedly hard
- Decent story
- Didn't take forever to finish
- No respawning

Could use improvement:
- Downloaded 3x before had a version that let me finish (bugs)
- Would prefer ability to choose difficulty level
- Typos annoy me (that's just my own pet peeve)
- Would normally like to have random encounters on world map. I like to level up :) But didn't actually need that anyway because nothing was hard to beat (only lost party 1x the entire game).
- About 9 hrs of gameplay for me - kinda short for the $ based on all the other games I've purchased from here.
- Guide didn't really help - thought I needed it when stuck, but turned out to be a bug (see first point)

Got some more but that's it for now
-

Thanks for the review Tommy! A few things I can guarantee you for the future:
- Clean build from the jump! I'll take double steps to verify it's working as it should, as the current build of The Damathos Clean is as of now, free of glitches.
- I'll add a difficulty selection!
- I'll have a script doctor review all the text!
- Can't promise on the random encounters in the world map since it's kinda of a shift in a core mechanic (battle encounters) since everywhere else the monsters are visible.
- I always have a somewhat difficult time with lenght, since some players take lots of time to finish a game, and others finish it way faster. I have a player who finished The Damathos Clan with almost 16 hours... I'll try to make longer games no matter what, I guess that's the solution! :)
- Perhaps you're a great player who knows your way around games! :)
Del
Bounty Hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers