Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Killer Gin

Re: New RPG: Killer Gin

Postby KillerGin » Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:02 pm

annette wrote:I cant even get the game to start. Any suggestions?

When you remove the game from the zip. Just click on the "Game.exe" file. Let me know how that works for you.
KillerGin
Wanderer

Postby KillerGin » Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:06 pm

Rabbit wrote:This sounds like the type of game I enjoy, and I've been playing the demo for a few hours.

The characters move at a snail's pace for me, so I haven't gotten very far. I am not sure why it's so slow. I thought my computer could handle this kind of game. I tried turning off all the optional video settings, but as expected that made no difference at all. It's not a framerate issue. While I usually fail miserably at real-time tasks, this game is so slow for me that it was easy to sneak up beind the enemy scouts in the first scene. And now that I've seen what happens after, trying to fight them wasn't necessary at all.

Now I've got Shinata sloooooooooowly wandering around her village, getting blasted by a virtual firehose of information about the game's mechanics. I'm not sure I'll remember very much of this, and all these items and books and infos really crowd out the story. I'll try some more tomorrow, and see if I can get more into things.

Hello,

The game is designed to run at 60 frames a second. There are a few factors that may slow your character down. (Press F2 to see FPS..... should be a solid 60. Depending on operating system you may have to hold "shift" or "fn" when you press F2). At 60 frames your characters move at a nice clip (lower FPS means slower movement), so if you are moving slow, these may be the reasons below:

1) You are in "Sneak" mode. Check your UI. Change Mode to "Normal".
2) You have dash always off. I recommend ON. (In options. Keyboard: use shift to run, Mouse: automatic, Controller: Press "X" or "Y" or "Square"... depends on controller)
3) While playing, shut down any apps that may be using Chromium, like browsers, these share resources that MV uses.
4) Low FPS, unfortunately RPG Maker MV is a heavy engine, and I push MV to its limits. However, I do not push MV beyond what it can handle, so the game is 60 frames on computers with Good to Strong CPUs. If even if you turn off all the effects, and the game runs slow, it may be a bottleneck with the CPU or Ram.

I would suggest looking at step 3 and let me know how it goes.
KillerGin
Wanderer

Postby KillerGin » Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:10 pm

awol wrote:Played it a couple of hours last night. Very slow moving and lots of info to absorb while touring the village. A bit of overload and the quests are a bit confusing as some don't have a write up. But still is a intriguing start to the game.

Tried to start the game this morning and could not get it going. I will have to try deleting and reloading if I want to continue with the demo.

Just wondering if the guide is needed for the game. If it is like Forever Hero's I ended up buying the guide and it is over 40 dollars Canadian for the game and the guide. It is costly.

What was the issue when you tried loading the game?

What do you mean slow moving? The game is designed to run at 60 frames a second. You can press f2, the game will show you the Frames per second. Hopefully this is basically stable at 60 frames.
KillerGin
Wanderer

Postby KillerGin » Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:18 pm

watts712 wrote:I think there is something wrong with my download..Why is it soooooo SLOW??? Also the lightu(torch) shines behind where I am why? I think I would really like the game but can't get past these problems..

Thanks
Ok just tried playing again this morning can't see where to save when it says a save has appeared.. Also my guts are on a 2nd screen and I am trying to control them not seeing them at all... I finally got them to move faster.. Can't get past the guards cause I can see to control my guts they are on different screen

Is there anyone to help us?????

Hello,

As far as I know, all these games are hosted on the same server. The demos are hosted elsewhere.

Your light shines behind you? If you press f2, what is the game reporting as the FPS? It should be at a steady 60 frames a second.

When the "save" appears, you just click on the save point that just appeared in front of you. Just interact with the blue gem to save the game.

"Guts on a second screen"? I dont know what you are saying. Do you mean when the game is showing the cut-scene? Just press enter, or click the action button to make the cut-scene continue. The screen, after showing the cinematic, will return to the characters.

Yes, sorry, I am new here and I had to register and get a profile. No worries, I am here.
KillerGin
Wanderer

Postby KillerGin » Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:23 pm

Valdy wrote:The download is a zip file via Mediafire - both of which are a no-no for me.

The full game is hosted on the same server as most, if not all games, on this site. (it's secure, properly scanned, etc)

The demo is hosted on MediaFire.

Im curious, what is wrong with MediaFire? I obtained the MediaFire pro version to host the demo. All files are scanned before upload and also do not show ads (pro version). (All files are scanned before upload to make sure they are safe, for my sake, mediafires, and yours)

I would imagine devs hosting a game or demo on their own personal servers would be more dangerous due to the fact there is no guarantee that they were scanned properly. They could just upload what ever on their own server.

I am just curious.
KillerGin
Wanderer

Postby KillerGin » Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:26 pm

MONCHA5 wrote:
Valdy wrote:The download is a zip file via Mediafire - both of which are a no-no for me.

I need help. I played the demo and bought the full game, but the game does not recognize my saved files! What I have to do? +::surrender

Hello,

We already got things straightened out. Im glad I could help.

But for anyone else who is curious. Demo save files are not compatible with the full game. The save game files remember it came from a demo version. SO for the full game, you will have to start a new save.
KillerGin
Wanderer

Postby KillerGin » Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:30 pm

SuzEQ wrote:
kimo wrote:Thanks for providing a demo download. The game is just too involved for me. Dodging the enemy torches in the campsite to attack from behind and only being able to save at specified points is just a double turnoff. I am sure there will be players who love this game for its complexity. But I am not willing to pay $20 to play in "story" mode with no battles. +::Annoyed

It is obvious much work has gone into this game, though, from what I have seen in the first 10-15 minutes.

I agree. I am visually impaired so the torchs and darks screen were really hard for me. Got through and wandered around town looking to save and couldn't find a place to save and I had to go sure enough, back at the torches. From what I saw it was good after torch area was good but I am unwilling to try again.

Hello,

I apologize that KG is not very visually impaired friendly. I will look into ways I can address this. The save point in town is in Shinatas house. As you walk into town from her tree.... her house is the very first house you see (she mentions being in her back yard and checking on mom). Blue save gems are save points. You can also save the game from anywhere on the world map with the save tablet. Its a special item in your inventory. All places in the game are separated by the world map once the intro of the game is complete.
KillerGin
Wanderer

Postby Rabbit » Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:20 am

KillerGin wrote:Hello,

The game is designed to run at 60 frames a second. There are a few factors that may slow your character down. (Press F2 to see FPS..... should be a solid 60. Depending on operating system you may have to hold "shift" or "fn" when you press F2). At 60 frames your characters move at a nice clip (lower FPS means slower movement), so if you are moving slow, these may be the reasons below:

1) You are in "Sneak" mode. Check your UI. Change Mode to "Normal".
2) You have dash always off. I recommend ON. (In options. Keyboard: use shift to run, Mouse: automatic, Controller: Press "X" or "Y" or "Square"... depends on controller)
3) While playing, shut down any apps that may be using Chromium, like browsers, these share resources that MV uses.
4) Low FPS, unfortunately RPG Maker MV is a heavy engine, and I push MV to its limits. However, I do not push MV beyond what it can handle, so the game is 60 frames on computers with Good to Strong CPUs. If even if you turn off all the effects, and the game runs slow, it may be a bottleneck with the CPU or Ram.

I would suggest looking at step 3 and let me know how it goes.

Hi,
Thanks for telling me about F2, I didn't know about that. Sadly I'm afraid I'm in case 4 here. F2 shows my framerate hovering around 30 fps, with all other apps closed, no matter what game settings I choose.
I must say that I am enjoying what I've been able to see here. It seems there are plenty of secret places, treasures, and conversations to find by upgrading various "general skills" - I love searching for these in games.
Rabbit
Mercenary

Postby D-Squall » Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:19 am

This game seemed very interesting so I downloaded the demo, but I couldn't stand to play it.

The game were way too laggy and when I finally gained control, the whole screen was stained with yellow. Something went wrong with the light animations and while the character moved in the cutscene, the stain followed him covering half of the screen with a white stain, as if I was using paint with a big brush to paint the screen.

I wish I had caputred a screen but I deleted the demo and am not downloading again since the file is way too big.

This is not a criticism, it's a heads up for the developer, it seems no one here faced this problem but I think the game should be able to run smoothly on all kinds of computers.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby blumyst » Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:11 am

KillerGin wrote:
blumyst wrote:When I start the demo all I see is trees a few treasure chests and bright light that moves if u use the mouse

You do not see the characters? Or the UI with the torch at the top of the screen?

All I see is a little bit of the background like trees and treasure chests then theres the bright
light that takes up most of the screen and moves
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

Postby MONCHA5 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:03 am

+::sos Where is Leyhen? I cant find it!
MONCHA5
Explorer

Postby darkange » Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:35 am

voice acting in dialogues too ? damn... the dev went all out on this one ...

Perma death option ? Not even as a recognized maniac player would dare play that since I know I am going to die eventually ... it is no fun to die at a boss after 30 hours spent in a game and having to start all over - I don't think anybody would even cross their mind to try the perma death option on a game this big +::O_o
I don't stop when I'm tired, I stop when I am done.
(David Goggins)
darkange
Bounty Hunter

Postby blumyst » Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:47 am

D-Squall wrote:This game seemed very interesting so I downloaded the demo, but I couldn't stand to play it.

The game were way too laggy and when I finally gained control, the whole screen was stained with yellow. Something went wrong with the light animations and while the character moved in the cutscene, the stain followed him covering half of the screen with a white stain, as if I was using paint with a big brush to paint the screen.

I wish I had caputred a screen but I deleted the demo and am not downloading again since the file is way too big.

This is not a criticism, it's a heads up for the developer, it seems no one here faced this problem but I think the game should be able to run smoothly on all kinds of computers.

Your not alone D I had the same problem but I didnt think to cal lit that but thats what heppened to me when I tried to play the demo
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

Postby darkange » Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:38 pm

also ... can you please make saves from full game compatible with the demo because that was always an option in these games and I frequently did that : finish demo and if I still like the game after that ... I buy it - a lot of people think like me and it would be a waste to start all over - make the saves compatible from full game... I beg you +::cry
I don't stop when I'm tired, I stop when I am done.
(David Goggins)
darkange
Bounty Hunter

Postby MONCHA5 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:08 pm

Sadly we are alone in this game, no body seems to read the questions +::cry I lost my money
MONCHA5
Explorer

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers