Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Killer Gin

Re: New RPG: Killer Gin

Postby Rabbit » Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:54 pm

Hi MONCHA5,
I am playing the full game too, even though it doesn't really run properly on my computer. I am still working on the many many secrets and sidequests around Shinata's village. Every time I open the game, I notice something new there. When I eventually go to the next main area, I will come back here and tell you where it is. You're not alone.
Rabbit
Mercenary

Postby RAndrews » Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:16 pm

sorry, but I really cannot contend with this. Wandering around in the dark is one of my pet hates at the best of times - when it starts the game, I didn't last very long trying to get my head round it. A definite no-buy for me.
RAndrews
Bard

Postby KillerGin » Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:03 pm

D-Squall wrote:This game seemed very interesting so I downloaded the demo, but I couldn't stand to play it.

The game were way too laggy and when I finally gained control, the whole screen was stained with yellow. Something went wrong with the light animations and while the character moved in the cutscene, the stain followed him covering half of the screen with a white stain, as if I was using paint with a big brush to paint the screen.

I wish I had caputred a screen but I deleted the demo and am not downloading again since the file is way too big.

This is not a criticism, it's a heads up for the developer, it seems no one here faced this problem but I think the game should be able to run smoothly on all kinds of computers.

The game is designed to run at 60 frames a second. There are a few factors that may slow your character down. (Press F2 to see FPS..... should be a solid 60. Depending on operating system you may have to hold "shift" or "fn" when you press F2). At 60 frames your characters move at a nice clip (lower FPS means slower movement), so if you are moving slow, these may be the reasons below:

1) You are in "Sneak" mode. Check your UI. Change Mode to "Normal".
2) You have dash always off. I recommend ON. (In options. Keyboard: use shift to run, Mouse: automatic, Controller: Press "X" or "Y" or "Square"... depends on controller)
3) While playing, shut down any apps that may be using Chromium, like browsers, these share resources that MV uses.
4) Low FPS, unfortunately RPG Maker MV is a heavy engine, and I push MV to its limits. However, I do not push MV beyond what it can handle, so the game is 60 frames on computers with Good to Strong CPUs. If even if you turn off all the effects, and the game runs slow, it may be a bottleneck with the CPU or Ram.

As far as the colors go, the lights have color now, so torches cast a "yellow" light. Enemies sights cast a blue/Red Light.

No problem, thanks for checking out the game.
KillerGin
Wanderer

Postby KillerGin » Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:05 pm

MONCHA5 wrote:+::sos Where is Leyhen? I cant find it!

Layhen? Layhen is located on the north east of the world map. You have to walk around the forest. First go south, east, and then north again. (You are making a half circle)

The world map has a star on the map for layhen and the city itself will say "Layhen"
KillerGin
Wanderer

Postby KillerGin » Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:11 pm

MONCHA5 wrote:Sadly we are alone in this game, no body seems to read the questions +::cry I lost my money

Hello,

Well since you personally contacted me via discord (which is great, and I encourage those to check out my discord/ask questions. Also note that I helped with your previous problem/question on discord.) I would encourage you to ask me there if you are in dire need of an answer.

Im always on discord, and Ill hop on these forums now and again to answer questions/address needs and concerns of the players.

So I guess the main point of this response, feel free to ask me questions on my discord, especially if you want/need a quick answer like where a town is located.
KillerGin
Wanderer

Postby KillerGin » Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:13 pm

darkange wrote:also ... can you please make saves from full game compatible with the demo because that was always an option in these games and I frequently did that : finish demo and if I still like the game after that ... I buy it - a lot of people think like me and it would be a waste to start all over - make the saves compatible from full game... I beg you +::cry

I didnt know that was a popular feature. However, I hear you loud and clear.

I already implemented this feature! Thanks for letting me know. It, as well as TONS of new updates and balances, should go live on this site by tomorrow night.
KillerGin
Wanderer

Postby MONCHA5 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:49 pm

I cant find elven woods. Any help? +::surrender
MONCHA5
Explorer

Postby MONCHA5 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:16 pm

How do you pick pocket? +::sos
MONCHA5
Explorer

Postby Rabbit » Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:00 pm

MONCHA5 wrote:I cant find elven woods. Any help? +::surrender

Hi, I found the Elven Woods in the North-West part of the Southern World Map.

If you are in Layhen, you need to exit and go all the way down to the bottom of your current world map and cross the bridge to the Southern World Map. There are roads leading to the Woodsmen and Dwarves, but no road to the Elves. You just have to walk to the North-West part of the Southern World Map and you'll see the Elven Village. Hope this helps!
Rabbit
Mercenary

Postby Rabbit » Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:06 pm

MONCHA5 wrote:How do you pick pocket? +::sos

Hi, I haven't tried this yet, but according to the instructions, we need to (1) learn the Pick Pocket skill and (2) change the mode from Normal to Pick Pocket (button at the top of the screen), and then we will attempt to pick pocket NPCs instead of talking to them. Does it not work for you? I saw a note in the game saying it does not work yet in locations on the southern world map.
Rabbit
Mercenary

Postby KillerGin » Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:13 pm

MASSIVE KILLER GIN UPDATE!!!! (Newest game on Aldorlea)

This message is for anyone who checked out Killer Gin or Purchased Killer Gin:

I've listened very closely to everyone in the forums and I have been hard at work greatly improving Killer Gin. In the past 2 weeks alone, one play tester (voluntarily) played KG for 150+ hrs to help me balance the game. Below, I will name a few of the big changes in the new KG version (1.0.7):

- Game Balance and Difficulty vastly improved (+more options)
- New Light Mode! (You can switch on the fly! Light is natural)
- Game optimized to run better.
- Game+ mode added
- Dogs and Cats DLC added (* as a thank you)
- Early Access DLC added (** as a thank you)
- Wildlife added to the game (so lively!)
- Updated Homestead mode (dating and farming!)
- New/Updated items, enemies, skills, weapons and armor
- And sooo much more!

If you purchased the game guide, it also has been vastly improved. Feel free to re-download it to get the latest version.

So the main point of this message, Killer Gin will update in about 24 hrs with a new version (1.0.7), I'll send an email/update very soon to confirm that Killer Gin is updated so you can download it again.

Enjoy and thank you again,
Freddie
KillerGin
Wanderer

Postby Rabbit » Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:31 pm

Hi, I am glad to see there will be an update to help this game run better. :)

If you are in Fix-It mode, here are a few things I noticed:
Spoiler: show
The different SP modes sound interesting, but I have only ever seen my characters gain SP by physically attacking to deal HP damage. Something not working here.

When Shinata plays piano and "makes everyone happy", only the first 4 characters in my party are affected. Poor Wedge (my 5th) is always left out.

I tried leveling up the Sneak Attack skill as another way for my party members to gain SP. I have it at Master level for all 5 characters now. The description says: 20 bonus SP, attack, defense, agility, hit and critical rate up! 15% damage for to all enemies, damage effect stacks for every party member with the ability. When I sneak attack an enemy, Shinata (the 1st char in my party) gains only 10 SP and does not get a buff; the other 4 party members gain the 20 SP and get buffed. When I had Sneak Attack at lower levels, the enemies were damaged before the first turn of the battle. Now that I have it at Master level, the Sneak Attack Punishment damage no longer happens. This is getting a bit frustrating.

Wedge's skill Blood Wrath, which says it should sacrifice 10% HP to attack a single enemy... this skill consumes 10 SP but does not consume any of his health... so it's kind of a freebie for now.
Rabbit
Mercenary

Postby KillerGin » Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:06 pm

Rabbit wrote:Hi, I am glad to see there will be an update to help this game run better. :)

The different SP modes sound interesting, but I have only ever seen my characters gain SP by physically attacking to deal HP damage. Something not working here.

When Shinata plays piano and "makes everyone happy", only the first 4 characters in my party are affected. Poor Wedge (my 5th) is always left out.

I tried leveling up the Sneak Attack skill as another way for my party members to gain SP. I have it at Master level for all 5 characters now. The description says: 20 bonus SP, attack, defense, agility, hit and critical rate up! 15% damage for to all enemies, damage effect stacks for every party member with the ability. When I sneak attack an enemy, Shinata (the 1st char in my party) gains only 10 SP and does not get a buff; the other 4 party members gain the 20 SP and get buffed. When I had Sneak Attack at lower levels, the enemies were damaged before the first turn of the battle. Now that I have it at Master level, the Sneak Attack Punishment damage no longer happens. This is getting a bit frustrating.

Wedge's skill Blood Wrath, which says it should sacrifice 10% HP to attack a single enemy... this skill consumes 10 SP but does not consume any of his health... so it's kind of a freebie for now.

/////////////////////////////////

Hey! Thanks for the feedback.

Everything mentioned has been fixed!

Everything was covered in the last couple weeks besides 2 things.

1) I didn't notice wedge was left out of the piano check, he is in there now.

2) And hmmmm, I dont notice people not getting SP from attacking. Many are set up to gain SP on dealing damage, Ill double check it.

Also, if you purchased the game, check your email, I sent an email detailing all the extras I included. Thanks!
KillerGin
Wanderer

Postby KillerGin » Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:04 am

KillerGin wrote:
Rabbit wrote:Hi, I am glad to see there will be an update to help this game run better. :)

/////////////////////////////////

Hey! Thanks for the feedback.

Everything mentioned has been fixed!

Everything was covered in the last couple weeks besides 2 things.

1) I didn't notice wedge was left out of the piano check, he is in there now.

2) And hmmmm, I dont notice people not getting SP from attacking. Many are set up to gain SP on dealing damage, Ill double check it.

Also, if you purchased the game, check your email, I sent an email detailing all the extras I included. Thanks!

Yeah, I did more testing and all the above has been fixed.... and then some!

I am ready with the main version but I will wake a few more hrs before I update the game.

This new version is a culmination of hundreds of hrs of hard work between me and testers in the past 2 weeks.

If you find anything else, feel free to post here and I will check into it.....

a few hrs from now, the new version should be ready!

The difference will be night and day, I promise you.

Thanks again.
KillerGin
Wanderer

KILLER GIN UPDATED!!!

Postby KillerGin » Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:36 pm

AND IT Finally Arrives!!!

Killer Gin Version 1.0.7 (Last Version!)

Over the past 2 weeks, hundreds of hours have been poured into Killer Gin to create the final definitive version.

Now, is the time to see what Killer Gin is made of!

If you bought or checked out Killer Gin recently, the new version is Night and Day, Game, Demo and Guide Updated! Download Today!)
KillerGin
Wanderer

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers