Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Killer Gin

Killer Gin

Postby Indinera » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:10 pm

KILLER GIN

$19.99

Image Image

This is a huge game that may take 50-100 hours to complete. This is big epic game season, it seems.
The game also comes for MacOs and Linux, please check on its official page for the relevant links:
https://www.aldorlea.org/killergin.php

Please also note that the game also comes with a 179-page strategy guide:
https://secure.bmtmicro.com/cart?CID=19828&PRODUCTID=19828000007&AID=2618061

SUMMARY:

Killer Gin is where classic 2D Role Playing Games meet in-depth characters, mystery, and engaging plot twists.
This game is a high fantasy adventure that combines eastern and western RPG elements with shiny swords, powerful magic, and a complex world where everything wants to destroy you or idolize you, no in-between.
Can balance be achieved? What kind of hero will you choose to be? Will you rule or be ruled?

FEATURES:

Epic Fantasy JRPG meets western RPG with 50+ hrs of gameplay!
Homestead mode: Farming/Dating simulator (Mini-game)
Difficulty settings: story, normal, hard, including a hard core mode: perma-death!
Custom time/weather/light/day-night cycle that affects gameplay.
Alignment system (Nefarious deeds - pick pocketing, lock picking, sandman kills, etc)
Faction System: choose a faction, gain additional abilities, befriend or eliminate others!
Relationship system: Party members will react, learn skills, and grow from your actions!
Professional voice acting (38+ actors, 4,000+ lines, you can turn on or off at anytime!)
Recruit characters to populate and defend your village (29+ characters in Homestead)
Story altering game mechanics like perception and persuasion.
An Infinite dungeon to explore, full of challenges and epic loot!
Mounts that you raise and breed in Homestead.
Tons of secrets and easter eggs!
Includes a STAR SHIFT game cross over (A sci fi rpg in development)
Continually updated and supported! (added items, quests, and pet expansion packs!)
Beautiful Art to help tell the story - and much, much more!

SCREENSHOTS:

Lost in the game? Please feel free to use this thread to ask your questions! :)
ENJOY!
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Re: New RPG: Killer Gin

Postby kimo » Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:27 pm

Thanks for providing a demo download. The game is just too involved for me. Dodging the enemy torches in the campsite to attack from behind and only being able to save at specified points is just a double turnoff. I am sure there will be players who love this game for its complexity. But I am not willing to pay $20 to play in "story" mode with no battles. +::Annoyed

It is obvious much work has gone into this game, though, from what I have seen in the first 10-15 minutes.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby blumyst » Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:05 am

When I start the demo all I see is trees a few treasure chests and bright light that moves if u use the mouse
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

Postby annette » Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:22 am

I cant even get the game to start. Any suggestions?
annette
Peasant

Postby Rabbit » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:06 am

This sounds like the type of game I enjoy, and I've been playing the demo for a few hours.

The characters move at a snail's pace for me, so I haven't gotten very far. I am not sure why it's so slow. I thought my computer could handle this kind of game. I tried turning off all the optional video settings, but as expected that made no difference at all. It's not a framerate issue. While I usually fail miserably at real-time tasks, this game is so slow for me that it was easy to sneak up beind the enemy scouts in the first scene. And now that I've seen what happens after, trying to fight them wasn't necessary at all.

Now I've got Shinata sloooooooooowly wandering around her village, getting blasted by a virtual firehose of information about the game's mechanics. I'm not sure I'll remember very much of this, and all these items and books and infos really crowd out the story. I'll try some more tomorrow, and see if I can get more into things.
Rabbit
Mercenary

Postby awol » Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:34 pm

Played it a couple of hours last night. Very slow moving and lots of info to absorb while touring the village. A bit of overload and the quests are a bit confusing as some don't have a write up. But still is a intriguing start to the game.

Tried to start the game this morning and could not get it going. I will have to try deleting and reloading if I want to continue with the demo.

Just wondering if the guide is needed for the game. If it is like Forever Hero's I ended up buying the guide and it is over 40 dollars Canadian for the game and the guide. It is costly.
awol
Peasant

Postby watts712 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:41 pm

I think there is something wrong with my download..Why is it soooooo SLOW??? Also the lightu(torch) shines behind where I am why? I think I would really like the game but can't get past these problems..

Thanks
Ok just tried playing again this morning can't see where to save when it says a save has appeared.. Also my guts are on a 2nd screen and I am trying to control them not seeing them at all... I finally got them to move faster.. Can't get past the guards cause I can see to control my guts they are on different screen

Is there anyone to help us?????
Last edited by watts712 on Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
watts712
Bard

Postby Valdy » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:46 pm

The download is a zip file via Mediafire - both of which are a no-no for me.
Valdy
Explorer

Postby bgillisp » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:01 pm

Strange as I just tried download demo and it was not via mediafire. Maybe that was an old link? Or did Indy not update it onto the usual location?

Ok tried a 2nd time and it was. Nevermind.
bgillisp
Mercenary

Postby MONCHA5 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:25 am

Valdy wrote:The download is a zip file via Mediafire - both of which are a no-no for me.

I need help. I played the demo and bought the full game, but the game does not recognize my saved files! What I have to do? +::surrender
MONCHA5
Explorer

Postby MONCHA5 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:45 pm

Please I need help. I played the demo and now the full game doest not recognize my saved files +::surrender +::surrender
MONCHA5
Explorer

Postby Valdy » Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:31 pm

bgillisp wrote:Strange as I just tried download demo and it was not via mediafire. Maybe that was an old link? Or did Indy not update it onto the usual location?

Ok tried a 2nd time and it was. Nevermind.

Yep. Tried it again as well, and it's still the same. Where is Indi ?

--- --- ---

Moncha5, sorry, I am not the developer, and can't help you.
Valdy
Explorer

Postby bgillisp » Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:28 pm

I think the dev works a lot during the week so they will probably get to it on the weekend. I've talked to them a few times on other channels, and it seems weekends are when they can usually respond.

I can let them know to check here though. Though they may still need to create an account too. You can also try the aldorlea discord that Indy started up a couple weeks ago, I've seen the dev on there from time to time.
bgillisp
Mercenary

Postby KillerGin » Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:58 pm

kimo wrote:Thanks for providing a demo download. The game is just too involved for me. Dodging the enemy torches in the campsite to attack from behind and only being able to save at specified points is just a double turnoff. I am sure there will be players who love this game for its complexity. But I am not willing to pay $20 to play in "story" mode with no battles. +::Annoyed

It is obvious much work has gone into this game, though, from what I have seen in the first 10-15 minutes.

Hello,

On normal difficulty, and below, you can save on the world map at anytime. Once you get through the intro and make it into the village, all locations are separated by a world map.

Normal Mode, with battles, you can also reduce the difficulty of the enemies to 50% if you find the battles/enemies too difficult. That way you can still have battles and an easy time.

Story mode is specifically designed to remove battles from the game (Minus the tutorial at the beginning).
If you want an easy game with battles I would suggest Normal mode with difficulty at 50%.

I just thought I would clarify a few things. Thanks for trying out the demo.
KillerGin
Wanderer

Postby KillerGin » Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:59 pm

blumyst wrote:When I start the demo all I see is trees a few treasure chests and bright light that moves if u use the mouse

You do not see the characters? Or the UI with the torch at the top of the screen?
KillerGin
Wanderer

Next

Return to Games from other Developers