Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Skyfall

Re: New RPG: Skyfall

Postby Del » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:36 am

blumyst wrote:Del,
This is a good game . That gets kind of confusing when the TP goes down like that.
I go ionto battle with another mini boss and have to stop and think what to use
cause the TP is low at first. i like the regular attack and not using alot of magic.
Still good tho. I have never understood how the enemy can use their magic or even
attack if thewy are paralyzed. If one of the team is poaralyzed they cant move!
I'll never understand that.

A paralyzed enemy does not act, if he is acting he is either not paralyzed or you hit it and the status got cleared. A paralyzing skill may paralyze an enemy, it's not 100% guaranteed though, so perhaps you have used the skill but it didn't actually inflict the abnormality on the enemy. Or, you did paralyze it, but you did damage to the enemy afterwards, and taking damage clears the paralyze, and this is also valid for the party members as well.

The TP thing is a way of balancing battles and keep things strategic, not being able to start the battles with all skills available keeps the encounters strategic. I'm sorry it confuses you. :(

dmha44 wrote:I am in the darkwoods and cannot defeat the boss (orcs). Help!

Make sure you go into the battle with your HP fully recovered. With Nash, use the Body Breaker skill on each Orc to reduce their defense, and also the Poison Thrust, getting an enemy poisoned gives you a good edge since it grants you an extra damage done to them, also use Nash as your dedicated healer for this fight, while using Thunder Jolts with Marsha.

I hope that helps and let me know if it doesn't.
Del
Bounty Hunter

Postby blumyst » Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:14 pm

Del wrote:
blumyst wrote:Del,
This is a good game . That gets kind of confusing when the TP goes down like that.
I go ionto battle with another mini boss and have to stop and think what to use
cause the TP is low at first. i like the regular attack and not using alot of magic.
Still good tho. I have never understood how the enemy can use their magic or even
attack if thewy are paralyzed. If one of the team is poaralyzed they cant move!
I'll never understand that.

A paralyzed enemy does not act, if he is acting he is either not paralyzed or you hit it and the status got cleared. A paralyzing skill may paralyze an enemy, it's not 100% guaranteed though, so perhaps you have used the skill but it didn't actually inflict the abnormality on the enemy. Or, you did paralyze it, but you did damage to the enemy afterwards, and taking damage clears the paralyze, and this is also valid for the party members as well.

The TP thing is a way of balancing battles and keep things strategic, not being able to start the battles with all skills available keeps the encounters strategic. I'm sorry it confuses you. :(

dmha44 wrote:I am in the darkwoods and cannot defeat the boss (orcs). Help!

Make sure you go into the battle with your HP fully recovered. With Nash, use the Body Breaker skill on each Orc to reduce their defense, and also the Poison Thrust, getting an enemy poisoned gives you a good edge since it grants you an extra damage done to them, also use Nash as your dedicated healer for this fight, while using Thunder Jolts with Marsha.

I hope that helps and let me know if it doesn't.

its ok im confused sometimes cause people just dont make sense at times anyway
I use lucius and heal energy as it heals a good deal of all and Im way past the orcs now. Yes poisoned does help alot
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

Postby Stargazer » Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:17 am

It would be good to provide a image of the Character arts too :) .
Stargazer
Wanderer

Postby blumyst » Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:11 am

doing thesecret rooms as you go along in the walkthru is alot better than just putting it at the end.
great idea Del!
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

Postby Shotz! » Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:57 am

I just finished the Demo and came back to buy the full version and the link is gone. Is it not available anymore? +::O_o Wait I just noticed it's like that for all the games. Is it me? LoL
Shotz!
Wanderer

Postby Indinera » Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:00 am

• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Indinera » Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:01 am

blumyst wrote:doing thesecret rooms as you go along in the walkthru is alot better than just putting it at the end.
great idea Del!

It's done like this in the Forever Heroes guide ;)
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Del » Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:29 pm

blumyst wrote:doing thesecret rooms as you go along in the walkthru is alot better than just putting it at the end.
great idea Del!

I'm glad you like it!

Shotz! wrote:I just finished the Demo and came back to buy the full version and the link is gone. Is it not available anymore? +::O_o Wait I just noticed it's like that for all the games. Is it me? LoL

Can you try the link Indy just posted and let me know if works?
Del
Bounty Hunter

Postby Shotz! » Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:47 pm

Del wrote:
great idea Del!

I'm glad you like it!

Shotz! wrote:I just finished the Demo and came back to buy the full version and the link is gone. Is it not available anymore? +::O_o Wait I just noticed it's like that for all the games. Is it me? LoL

I don't see any change. The only link I can see is the link to download the demo. Is it possible it's something with my computer?
Shotz!
Wanderer

Postby Shotz! » Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:54 pm

Shotz! wrote:
Del wrote:
great idea Del!

I'm glad you like it!

I don't see any change. The only link I can see is the link to download the demo. Is it possible it's something with my computer?

So apparently my adblock was preventing me from seeing the links. Weird, that's never happened before.
Shotz!
Wanderer

Postby MerryX » Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:01 am

Hi Del,

I have just finished the game and thought you may like some feedback otherwise it must feel to a hard working developer that it all just goes off into a black hole ;)

I did enjoy Skyfall and found it operated very smoothly - no problems with DEMO download or full version, no issues with fonts or words/letters being blacked out, no freezing or glitches. I did notice a few minor issues people have already mentioned, as well as body doubles of the characters in the throne room at the point in the story where we had to go out and find a way to the Babel Tower. And some of the grammar etc occasionally needed a small edit.

It took me about 15 hours but I took my time and didn't hurry...and wandered away leaving it running while I did other things +::shhhh

I found the story interesting with the three "worlds" and had fun going through the different character story lines. I must admit I did not take full advantage of six characters - I started to try to switch them around but got discouraged when Marsha proved to be so feeble to poison and other ailments and died lots +++ After that I stuck with Ogun, Odessa, Therese, and Nash. It was good though that the "spare" characters levelled up along with the active ones.

I missed having maps and a quest log/journal although the storyline was quite straightforward and the secret rooms and quests were there to be done along the way - not much back-tracking or looping around. Although without the guide (which I checked periodically), I would not have known at all about...
Spoiler: show
the blue chests with the cool weapons

Overall, I would recommend this game +::clap

MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby Del » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:29 am

MerryX wrote:Hi Del,

I have just finished the game and thought you may like some feedback otherwise it must feel to a hard working developer that it all just goes off into a black hole ;)

I did enjoy Skyfall and found it operated very smoothly - no problems with DEMO download or full version, no issues with fonts or words/letters being blacked out, no freezing or glitches. I did notice a few minor issues people have already mentioned, as well as body doubles of the characters in the throne room at the point in the story where we had to go out and find a way to the Babel Tower. And some of the grammar etc occasionally needed a small edit.

It took me about 15 hours but I took my time and didn't hurry...and wandered away leaving it running while I did other things +::shhhh

I found the story interesting with the three "worlds" and had fun going through the different character story lines. I must admit I did not take full advantage of six characters - I started to try to switch them around but got discouraged when Marsha proved to be so feeble to poison and other ailments and died lots +++ After that I stuck with Ogun, Odessa, Therese, and Nash. It was good though that the "spare" characters levelled up along with the active ones.

I missed having maps and a quest log/journal although the storyline was quite straightforward and the secret rooms and quests were there to be done along the way - not much back-tracking or looping around. Although without the guide (which I checked periodically), I would not have known at all about...
Spoiler: show
the blue chests with the cool weapons

Overall, I would recommend this game +::clap

MerryX

Hi MerryX,

Thank you very much for the comprehensive feedback! I really appreciate it.
I do intend to include quest journals for my next games.

I'm so happy you enjoyed the game!
Keep an eye out for the next ones.
Del
Bounty Hunter

Skyfall - STUCK in IRONKEEP for Christ's sake!!

Postby Marco » Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:45 am

Hey just bought the game after the great demo!
what do I need to trigger to get out of ironkeep? I talked to everybody; Nash's keep saying hes not gonna leave the castle at night... No secret door behind the waterfall... hmmmm....??
There's no escape from the castle let me out of here!!! ahem.
=====
I'm sure one of you told me through the ether that I missed talking to odun snoozing @ back table... Much appreciated. I am now out of the castle
... But our princess is in another castle +::YAY
Marco
Peasant

Re: Skyfall - STUCK in IRONKEEP for Christ's sake!!

Postby Del » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:39 pm

Marco wrote:Hey just bought the game after the great demo!
what do I need to trigger to get out of ironkeep? I talked to everybody; Nash's keep saying hes not gonna leave the castle at night... No secret door behind the waterfall... hmmmm....??
There's no escape from the castle let me out of here!!! ahem.
=====
I'm sure one of you told me through the ether that I missed talking to odun snoozing @ back table... Much appreciated. I am now out of the castle
... But our princess is in another castle +::YAY

LOL

I'm glad you figured it out, I'm also happy you're enjoying the game, have fun!
Del
Bounty Hunter

Postby blumyst » Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:38 am

Indinera wrote:
great idea Del!

It's done like this in the Forever Heroes guide ;)

YES Also when you show how to get to another area is really good thankyou!
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

Previous

Return to Games from other Developers