Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Skyfall

Skyfall

Postby Indinera » Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:06 pm

SKYFALL

$19.99

Image Image

This is the brand new game by Valkyria Games, which was already behind the big hits Valiant: Resurrection and Midnight's Blessing (an Aldorlea #1 affiliate back in its time!) +::wizard +::wizard +::wizard

Please also note that the game also comes with strategy guide:
https://secure.bmtmicro.com/cart?CID=45 ... ID=2618061

SUMMARY:

The nation of Azura has enjoyed 30 years of peace after the end of the Sky War. The great war waged between Azura and the Sky Archipelago against the Orcs.
The days of peace are staying behind as our heroes start to uncover hard truths about the war and it's resolution and as new villains start arise in both nations.
The sky is literally falling and it lies upon your shoulders to help the heroes of this story to stop it.

FEATURES:

Dynamic Party System!
6 Playable Characters!
Travel between two nations, one in the earth one in the skies!
Over 10 sidequests to complete!
Over 10 secret rooms to discover!
Special weapons to find!

SCREENSHOTS:

Lost in the game? Please feel free to use this thread to ask your questions! :)
ENJOY!
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Re: New RPG: Skyfall

Postby kimo » Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:20 am

Okay. Nice start on the demo. No respawning enemies so far. But if you want any advice
Spoiler: show
use the inns for healing instead if potions and just return to the area you were trying to clear when you need to replenish HP/MP.

There is an early interaction with Nash/Marsha that is triggered by Nash's entry into the (mayor's?) presence that is hopefully fixed in the full version. I wish that more developers had people like d-squall (or me +::biggrin ) editing their work.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby Del » Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:14 pm

kimo wrote:Okay. Nice start on the demo. No respawning enemies so far. But if you want any advice
use the inns for healing instead if potions and just return to the area you were trying to clear when you need to replenish HP/MP.

There is an early interaction with Nash/Marsha that is triggered by Nash's entry into the (mayor's?) presence that is hopefully fixed in the full version. I wish that more developers had people like d-squall (or me +::biggrin ) editing their work.

Hey Kimo,

I'm glad you're liking the demo, I hope you give the full game a shot and lemme know your thoughts, I have put in a lot of work into this one.

Good tip on the healing strategy, not all area require to be cleared though, unless the players wants to of course, and also, if any of you guys feel like the difficulty is a bit hard or easy, there are difficulty modes now that you can alter by accessing the options menu at any time in the game!

About the interaction you mentioned...
You mean when the Mayor tells Nash to pick up Marsha and he repeats that when the player is already with Marsha in the party?
Del
Bounty Hunter

Font

Postby sandie1000 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:47 pm

Is anyone else having an issue with the font being partially blacked out? Really hard to follow the story with not being able to read what is being said
sandie1000
Bard

Postby Del » Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:55 pm

sandie1000 wrote:Is anyone else having an issue with the font being partially blacked out? Really hard to follow the story with not being able to read what is being said

Hey sandie, would you be able to get me a screenshot of that, please?
Del
Bounty Hunter

Postby sandie1000 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:04 pm

Del wrote:
sandie1000 wrote:Is anyone else having an issue with the font being partially blacked out? Really hard to follow the story with not being able to read what is being said

Hey sandie, would you be able to get me a screenshot of that, please?

how do you do a screen shot?
sandie1000
Bard

Postby sandie1000 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:15 pm

I know how to do a screenshot but I can't paste into reply
sandie1000
Bard

Postby Del » Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:19 pm

Do you think you would be able to e-mail it to me?

raphaeldelmaschio at gmail dot com
Del
Bounty Hunter

Postby sandie1000 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:27 pm

gmail.com didn't work but hotmail.com did
sandie1000
Bard

Postby kimo » Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:42 pm

Del wrote:
Hey Kimo,

I'm glad you're liking the demo, I hope you give the full game a shot and lemme know your thoughts, I have put in a lot of work into this one.

Good tip on the healing strategy, not all area require to be cleared though, unless the players wants to of course, and also, if any of you guys feel like the difficulty is a bit hard or easy, there are difficulty modes now that you can alter by accessing the options menu at any time in the game!

You mean when the Mayor tells Nash to pick up Marsha and he repeats that when the player is already with Marsha in the party?

Yes, I entered the Mayor's house and Nash stopped at the front door with Marsha standing in front of the Mayor's desk. Nash was told to get Marsha when he approached and talked to the Mayor, but she was already there. Then talking to Marsha in her house resulted in her joining the party as if she had never been in the party.

Sorry, I didn't keep better notes on this. This type of game issue usually keeps me from buying most of the time because I don't want to be a beta tester after paying $20 for a game.

Also, the game downloads and installs correctly but there is a file name error when starting the download.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby Del » Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:30 pm

sandie1000 wrote:gmail.com didn't work but hotmail.com did

I have received it, thanks for sending.
That is a weird thing indeed, no one else has reported this so far. Can you try downloading the game, uninstalling and installing again? In the meantime I'll look into what could be causing this.

But let me know if redownloading and reinstalling fixes it.

kimo wrote:
Del wrote:
Hey Kimo,

Yes, I entered the Mayor's house and Nash stopped at the front door with Marsha standing in front of the Mayor's desk. Nash was told to get Marsha when he approached and talked to the Mayor, but she was already there. Then talking to Marsha in her house resulted in her joining the party as if she had never been in the party.

Sorry, I didn't keep better notes on this. This type of game issue usually keeps me from buying most of the time because I don't want to be a beta tester after paying $20 for a game.

Also, the game downloads and installs correctly but there is a file name error when starting the download.

The dialogue the Mayor gives indeed doesn't account for Marsha already being in the party, but that is something I left there just as a pointer for the player, to give a direction in case the player missed it in the main conversation or just forgets. I did check the events though and I must ask, are you sure that after talking to the mayor already with Marsha in your party after going back to her cabin you could recruit her again? I ask because I have just checked the events and I don't see how that could happen, the event with Marsha happens only when you speak with her after speaking with the mayor and that event shuts itself down.

There is a file name error when start downloading or installing the game? Could you elaborate on that? Did the game install correctly and played correctly?
Sorry for so many questions, I just want to make sure I'm sorting out any issues you may be having.
Del
Bounty Hunter

Postby sandie1000 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:58 pm

nope didn't change anything
sandie1000
Bard

Postby Del » Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:02 pm

kimo wrote:
Del wrote:
Hey Kimo,

Kimo, did you have any trouble with the text showing up? Anything wrong with the font?

sandie1000 wrote:nope didn't change anything

I'll look into it and let you know as soon as I have something, sandie1000, thanks for helping me out so far.
Del
Bounty Hunter

Postby sandie1000 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:25 pm

Thank you - looks like a really good game would like to play
sandie1000
Bard

Postby jkweath » Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:41 pm

@del

If users are having issues loading the font, I'd recommend they update their graphics card drivers. I've had the same issue with a few of my games, and updating drivers seems to fix it.
jkweath
Bard

Next

Return to Games from other Developers