Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Skyfall

Re: New RPG: Skyfall

Postby Del » Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:45 pm

jkweath wrote:@del

If users are having issues loading the font, I'd recommend they update their graphics card drivers. I've had the same issue with a few of my games, and updating drivers seems to fix it.

Thanks for the input, I appreciate it.
I'm not sure it's an issue loading the font though, it's a bit weirder than that I'm afraid, some letters are showing for her, some others are not... in any case I'll PM her and suggest she updates the drivers to see if it helps.

Again, thanks for the input.
Del
Bounty Hunter

Postby jkweath » Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:53 pm

Del wrote:
jkweath wrote:@del

If users are having issues loading the font, I'd recommend they update their graphics card drivers. I've had the same issue with a few of my games, and updating drivers seems to fix it.

Thanks for the input, I appreciate it.
I'm not sure it's an issue loading the font though, it's a bit weirder than that I'm afraid, some letters are showing for her, some others are not... in any case I'll PM her and suggest she updates the drivers to see if it helps.

Again, thanks for the input.

Right - it's the same problem I had with Knight Bewitched in that some letters would literally not load. I looked up the thread, and the users having the problem were using AMD Radeon graphics cards. If any of your players are using one of those, updating their graphics card drivers should hopefully solve the problem.
jkweath
Bard

Postby Del » Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:10 pm

Then it seems we have a solution, hopefully. I've already sent her a PM and I'd like to use this message to let everyone know that if they're having trouble with the text showing up, updating the graphics card should solve it.

Many thanks to you, @jkweath
Funny thing is, Skyfall uses MV's default font...
Del
Bounty Hunter

Postby blumyst » Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:10 pm

Im doing the demo right now and Ive noticed that when fighting the tp goes up but when you
go into the next fight there isnt ant tp at all!!
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

Postby Del » Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:03 am

That's right blumyst, the TP restarts itself after each battle, it doesn't carry over.
Del
Bounty Hunter

Postby gmz26 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:07 pm

What is the game length?
gmz26
Wanderer

Postby Del » Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:32 pm

gmz26 wrote:What is the game length?

That is a question I always struggle with, as I've noticed that ir roughly varies from player to player. I believe it's safe to say it's around 15 to 20 hours.
Del
Bounty Hunter

Postby mamachi » Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:10 pm

With Nash I found the Power Ring it gives 5 DEF but it say 5 ATK.
Another thing I play the full game and in full screen: where is the endgame button or the X ?
+::sos
mamachi
Bard

Postby Del » Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:51 pm

mamachi wrote:With Nash I found the Power Ring it gives 5 DEF but it say 5 ATK.
Another thing I play the full game and in full screen: where is the endgame button or the X ?
+::sos

Thanks for that catch on the Power Ring, I'll fix it.

To exit the game you will have a few options:
Pressing alt + enter to exit full screen mode and hit the X button.
Going in the options menu by the main menu and triggering off the full screen mode and hitting the X button.
Pressing alt + F4
In the options you will find an option to go back to title screen, from there you can exit the game
Del
Bounty Hunter

Postby blumyst » Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:40 am

hi Del,
this game looks good and it is different how long it takes for each player. Takes me more than
a day since there are other things that have to be done rl keeps interupting. I'm going to get
the full game soon
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

Postby Del » Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:43 am

Hey blumyst,
Thanks for the compliments! I'd say the game averages on 15 to 20 hours of gameplay.
Del
Bounty Hunter

Postby RAndrews » Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:26 pm

I am enjoying the game, and have bought it and the guide - just a few thoughts.
I too found the power ring that actually increases defence, not attack.
There is also an agility ring that says that it increases defence - it actually does increase agility.
The guide for Nash's quest second part says continue Northwest, but it is actually Northeast.
My other thought is that this game could really do with a journal.
and a world map (or 3?) would be a really useful addition to the guide :)
RAndrews
Bard

Postby kimo » Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:46 pm

Del wrote:About the interaction you mentioned...
Spoiler: show
You mean when the Mayor tells Nash to pick up Marsha and he repeats that when the player is already with Marsha in the party?

Yes, I entered the Mayor's house and Nash stopped at the front door with Marsha standing in front of the Mayor's desk. Nash was told to get Marsha when he approached and talked to the Mayor, but she was already there. Then talking to Marsha in her house resulted in her joining the party as if she had never been in the party.

The dialogue the Mayor gives indeed doesn't account for Marsha already being in the party, but that is something I left there just as a pointer for the player, to give a direction in case the player missed it in the main conversation or just forgets. I did check the events though and I must ask, are you sure that after talking to the mayor already with Marsha in your party after going back to her cabin you could recruit her again? I ask because I have just checked the events and I don't see how that could happen, the event with Marsha happens only when you speak with her after speaking with the mayor and that event shuts itself down.

I was caught up with RL stuff this weekend, but I started a save this morning and this is what I found. This interaction is confusing because whether Nash talks to Marsha before or after visiting the Mayor, Nash stops at the entrance inside the Mayor's house and Marsha is already standing at the Mayor's desk in his office in the other room. The Mayor delivers his lines, talking to both of them. If Nash does not approach the Mayor in his office after the Mayor's speech, then Marsha (now in her house) keeps telling Nash that the Mayor wants to talk with Nash. Only after Nash talks to the Mayor, is the event triggered where Marsha will join the party. I incorrectly assumed she was already in the party after talking to the Mayor. As I said, this is a very confusing interaction and I am sure there is a more solid solution to this type of situation. Why not implement a quest log if you are concerned players might need a reference for what to do?

There is a file name error when start downloading or installing the game? Could you elaborate on that? Did the game install correctly and played correctly?

This doesn't happen now. Maybe something burped on the file download site? I am having no problems with graphics, fonts, etc. but I have a Lenovo Legion laptop running Windows10. The game file downloaded, installed, and ran with no issues.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby Del » Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:20 pm

RAndrews wrote:I am enjoying the game, and have bought it and the guide - just a few thoughts.
I too found the power ring that actually increases defence, not attack.
There is also an agility ring that says that it increases defence - it actually does increase agility.
The guide for Nash's quest second part says continue Northwest, but it is actually Northeast.
My other thought is that this game could really do with a journal.
and a world map (or 3?) would be a really useful addition to the guide :)

First of all, I'm glad you're enjoying the game!
Power Ring is already fixed and will be up in the updated version, thanks for the catch as well.
I'll also fix the direction in the guide!

I'll be sure to add a journal in the next game, then.

Lemme know what you think about the game going foward!

kimo wrote:
Del wrote:About the interaction you mentioned...
Spoiler: show
You mean when the Mayor tells Nash to pick up Marsha and he repeats that when the player is already with Marsha in the party?

Yes, I entered the Mayor's house and Nash stopped at the front door with Marsha standing in front of the Mayor's desk. Nash was told to get Marsha when he approached and talked to the Mayor, but she was already there. Then talking to Marsha in her house resulted in her joining the party as if she had never been in the party.

The dialogue the Mayor gives indeed doesn't account for Marsha already being in the party, but that is something I left there just as a pointer for the player, to give a direction in case the player missed it in the main conversation or just forgets. I did check the events though and I must ask, are you sure that after talking to the mayor already with Marsha in your party after going back to her cabin you could recruit her again? I ask because I have just checked the events and I don't see how that could happen, the event with Marsha happens only when you speak with her after speaking with the mayor and that event shuts itself down.

I was caught up with RL stuff this weekend, but I started a save this morning and this is what I found. This interaction is confusing because whether Nash talks to Marsha before or after visiting the Mayor, Nash stops at the entrance inside the Mayor's house and Marsha is already standing at the Mayor's desk in his office in the other room. The Mayor delivers his lines, talking to both of them. If Nash does not approach the Mayor in his office after the Mayor's speech, then Marsha (now in her house) keeps telling Nash that the Mayor wants to talk with Nash. Only after Nash talks to the Mayor, is the event triggered where Marsha will join the party. I incorrectly assumed she was already in the party after talking to the Mayor. As I said, this is a very confusing interaction and I am sure there is a more solid solution to this type of situation. Why not implement a quest log if you are concerned players might need a reference for what to do?

There is a file name error when start downloading or installing the game? Could you elaborate on that? Did the game install correctly and played correctly?

This doesn't happen now. Maybe something burped on the file download site? I am having no problems with graphics, fonts, etc. but I have a Lenovo Legion laptop running Windows10. The game file downloaded, installed, and ran with no issues.

I'll be sure to implement a quest log/journal for the next game, Kimo. That will ease those situations.
The file name error thing as with the installer, if I'm not mistaken it was creating a folder with a name diffrent than the game's name, but it has been fixed already. Thanks for letting me know that the font is working fine. I hope you get to play the full game and enjoy it!
Del
Bounty Hunter

Postby bgillisp » Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:10 pm

For anyone hitting odd issues like the blacked out font, try restarting the computer too. And by that I mean a literal restart, not a shutdown. Windows 10 does not do full shutdowns when you select shutdown so some things are saved in memory and over time that gets garbaged. I ran into an issue where I couldn't play an RPGMaker game, and using the restart windows option in Windows 10 fixed it for me, as restart literally shuts all processes down then restarts all of them in windows 10.

Its due to how win10 implemented the fast shutdown that shutdown doesn't end up meaning shutdown sadly.

For the unfindable file name error, you have to install the games in directories with no spaces or unusual characters in them. MV and MZ have to follow networking rules so no spaces are allowed in any of the directories in the directory tree.

Hope that helps those hitting the odd errors!
bgillisp
Mercenary

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers