Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Celestial Hearts

Re: Celestial Hearts

Postby jkweath » Thu May 13, 2021 9:09 pm

D-Squall wrote:I have windows 7...

I know,... It's old. But it never bothered me before.

And my computer is old, i have since 2009, before getting in high school and I graduated college last year and I still have him lol. It has died twice in all those years. I have since I joined aldorlea back then, since I played blades of heaven, which was my first game played made by indinera.

The problem is, I never had a problem with rpg maker before. I always thought as a light engine which I wouldn't need a gamer PC to play its games. I had problems with some Vx ace games before, but only a few and none made by aldorlea.

The new RPGMaker engine works fine for the most part on newer PCs and Macbooks, but its performance is terrible on mobile devices and you can't even use it on older PCs due to the new animation system requiring WebGL support. It's really unfortunate. In some cases it's possible to bypass it, but even then the game will often run really slow.

MZ sadly just wasn't developed with older devices in mind. Since the new engine has a lot of new quality of life features--not to mention all the good programmers have switched over to it from MV--you'll likely see most devs switch over to it by 2022 at least, which is really unfortunate.

If Indy doesn't mind me linking it, there's a thread on the RPGMakerWeb boards where a few users started discussing the problem earlier last year. This thread is where I got the original solution from (the one involving editing the Package file):

https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/low-spec-laptops-cant-play-mz-games.126357/

If you're interested, I believe there are one or two other solutions you can try out in that thread.
jkweath
Bard

Postby Indinera » Fri May 14, 2021 6:49 am

since I played blades of heaven, which was my first game played made by indinera.

Not a Laxius, wow +::biggrin

The problem is, I never had a problem with rpg maker before. I always thought as a light engine which I wouldn't need a gamer PC to play its games. I had problems with some Vx ace games before, but only a few and none made by aldorlea.

You played FoHe so you don't have problems with MV either.
It seems it's only the new MZ that may cause potential problems.
It's true your PC is a bit old now, NOTS should be out soon (it's in proofreading right now), hopefully solutions can be found by then.
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Indinera » Fri May 14, 2021 6:50 am

If Indy doesn't mind me linking it,

np +::Thumbup
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby D-Squall » Fri May 14, 2021 1:59 pm

I'll try looking at the RPG maker forums. I went there a bit several years ago, it's heaven for developers who wants resources and/or help.

Thanks you both for the help, if it doesn work. Guess I won't be able to play Mz games then. +::Dunno lol what can be done?
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby kimo » Fri May 14, 2021 8:56 pm

D-Squall wrote:I'll try looking at the RPG maker forums. I went there a bit several years ago, it's heaven for developers who wants resources and/or help.

Thanks you both for the help, if it doesn work. Guess I won't be able to play Mz games then. +::Dunno lol what can be done?

@D-Squall
I checked out the link that @JKWeath provided for the RPGmaker site and it seems some solutions may be possible. However, if you are not able to run MZ after trying some of the fixes, I have a laptop I could try sending for your birthday present. I have to unearth it and test its ability to run RMMZ because it's my GF's previous laptop.

I checked out customs requirements for Brazil and "Used Consumer Products" are prohibited by your government according to the U.S.P.S. But, is a friend's old computer being sent as a gift seen as legal if sent from the U.S.? +::Dunno
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Previous

Return to Games from other Developers