Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Celestial Hearts

Re: New RPG: Celestial Hearts

Postby kimo » Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:23 pm

@Lady JJ
I see your embarassement and raise you one. +:oops:

@JK
I cannot find my way out of the "Underwater Passage" and I'm almost out of resources. I have found all kinds of chests and the secret room behind the ....

I found what I thought was the exit down a ladder into a hole that ends up on a small part of land with nothing to do there. Not even a chest.
+::sos

EDIT: Something very strange has happened. I read the in-game manual to see if there were directions specific to the underwater passage. Funny that the manual said the party should go to Hart City. And then I realized I only had a party of 4 characters. Could something have happened to take my party of 5 that escaped underground and were at the point where the demo ended, but became a party of 4 when I continued the game after buying the full version?

Gail acts as if they had never been in Hart city before according to the comments made. Kayah's armor has been missing which explains why she was taking so much damage. Also, previously found scrolls, the shield in a secret room an other items have gone missing. I have no idea when that happened because I have no save point prior to buying the full game where the party was all about lvl. 6. The party is now lvl. 9. +::Dunno

Just reporting it. I don't expect an answer.
Last edited by kimo on Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby jkweath » Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:53 pm

@kimo Have you been to Hart City and completed the events there yet? You'll need to do that first and have Matthias in your party, then return to that spot of land down the ladder you speak of.
jkweath
Bard

Postby kimo » Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:10 pm

jkweath wrote:@kimo Have you been to Hart City and completed the events there yet? You'll need to do that first and have Matthias in your party, then return to that spot of land down the ladder you speak of.

Yes, I had completed Hart City (twice now). This is a very strange issue/bug. I have again found the spot with the little whirlpools and the conversation has changed because it recognizes that the party has been to Hart city.

I went through all of Hart city the first time, bought and sold various armor, but apparently cleared out the "Underwater Area" without that purchased armor. No wonder I had to use so much magic. But I did have the potions I previously bought from Hart city. Hmmmmm.

It was as if the switch from demo to full version wiped out all of my Hart city exploration after the first time and I save often. I do not know what I did to make this happen, but maybe blocking the party from exploring that area until there are 5 members might be a good idea to prevent anyone else from doing something this stupid. Everything in Hart City reset so I was able to buy the shield, find the backpack again, and stock up on potions again.

It is possible that I stupidly loaded a wrong save because they have the same 4 faces on each save (but they are marked "new"). In any case people who continue the full game after finishing the demo should pay better attention than I. +::Dunno

EDIT: Okay, I did have only 4 people in my party immediately after entering the Underwater Passage. There are now 5 portraits in the save (not 4 as I thought). But no matter what else I did wrong, there is no explanation for Kayah having all her newly purchased armor gone and others missing equipment/armor I had previously acquired in Hart City. The situation seems to defy logic.
Last edited by kimo on Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby jkweath » Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:39 pm

kimo wrote:
jkweath wrote:@kimo Have you been to Hart City and completed the events there yet? You'll need to do that first and have Matthias in your party, then return to that spot of land down the ladder you speak of.

Yes, I had completed Hart City (twice now). This is a very strange issue/bug. I have again found the spot with the little whirlpools and the conversation has changed because it recognizes that the party has been to Hart city.

I went through all of Hart city the first time, bought and sold various armor, but apparently cleared out the "Underwater Area" without that purchased armor. No wonder I had to use so much magic. But I did have the potions I previously bought from Hart city. Hmmmmm.

It was as if the switch from demo to full version wiped out all of my Hart city exploration after the first time and I save often. I do not know what I did to make this happen, but maybe blocking the party from exploring that area until there are 5 members might be a good idea to prevent anyone else from doing something this stupid. Everything in Hart City reset so I was able to buy the shield, find the backpack again, and stock up on potions again.

It is possible that I stupidly loaded a wrong save because they have the same 4 faces on each save (but they are marked "new"). In any case people who continue the full game after finishing the demo should pay better attention than I. +::Dunno

+::Dunno

That is really weird, and to be honest my guess as to why this happened is the same as yours. I wonder if the same problem has happened to anyone else who played the demo first.

I do have one question, though: Were you able to enter the Underwater Passage during the demo? Because the demo is supposed to lock you out from entering it.
jkweath
Bard

Postby kimo » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:11 pm

The demo stopped as you planned just at the entrance to the Underwater Passage. After I am done with this game (which has been excellent), I'm thinking about going back and trying to replicate what happened. I am just too curious to leave it.

Finally made it to Kharass and need to go restock firewood (personal wood not a game quest +::biggrin ).

EDIT: I didn't want to double post, just offering an additional observation.
I killed the Carbuncle in Kharass desert before being told to do so but the "Objectives" still says go kill the Carbuncle after talking to Matthias' sister. The Objectives don't change until the party enters Priscillia (in this scenario). Just an FYI for other players. You'll need the included map to find Priscillia because there are no directions to Priscillia if you do this out of order. FYI, JK, I do this in many games. +::Thumbup

EDIT#2: The FCE has happened, and I have visited Hearthstead. I now need to go the the Underwater Passage to Helena's Spire, but the Objectives are also saying something about a nearby camp that we should check out. I've search everywhere around the Arena and Hearthstead area, but nothing that looked like a campsite. Will this happen while going to the Spire? Or is this a reference to Vagrant's Areana itself which I have already completed and defeated the 2 siblings?

Also, when Sylvie is equipped with the Medusa Essence, the description says she should have the "Tail Swipe" skill but it does not show up in any category of skills.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby Fanatik007 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:26 pm

jkweath wrote:
Fanatik007 wrote:
sjr223 wrote:Thanks for the reply. I don't have Microsoft Edge.... just Firefox. Maybe it will get fixed?

I have tried opening in Mozila Frefox, Chrome or explorer and its only have Button Buy now. I wanna try demo version before is that a possibility?

Can you try this link and see if it works?

https://demo.bmtmicro.com/13072/Celestial%20Hearts%20Demo%20Installer%201.0.exe

it worked yay! thank you +::YAY
Fanatik007
Bard

Postby kimo » Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:13 pm

@fanatic007
I use Firefox, too, and have no problem seeing the download link. Some other Malware defense software may be blocking this for you. You are most likely going to want to buy this game, but the demo is long enough to figure it out for yourself.

@JKWeath
2 more finds:
The Tail Swipe skill doesn't show up when equiping either Essence that lists it in the essence description.

The Dragon Horn cannot be equipped by anyone in my current 5-member party, but I still bought it (Hey, I bought Lead Boots I have never used because you just never know). The Dragon Horn is listed in my encyclopedia with some good effects.

Thank you for the enclosed guide. It is the only way I can find what's next because you marked each area in numerical order on the maps. And hints about finding that doll and defeating some of the enemies have been very helpful.

I still have a way to go until the game's end; but, so far the mist and sandstorm effects are not overpowering visual effects. And I appreciate there are no color-based puzzles in this game.

For anyone who hasn't bought this, it is definitely worth the money and will easily take 20 enjoyable hours to complete (and maybe more if you want to do everything). It is nice to have a game where it is obvious that time was spent in balancing the enemies to make it challenging at all character levels, but not impossible. Of course, you could always play the easiest level if it was too hard, because there is a unique storyline being told.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby jkweath » Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:47 pm

@kimo thanks for the bug reports. I'll likely wait a few days to fix them just in case any more minor bugs pop up!

On the objective talking about a "campsite" to visit: It's referring to a small campsite directly south of the Flooded Passage's exit (it's #20 on the miniguide map). There's a vendor there that sells stuff since no better shop is available in the area.
jkweath
Bard

Postby sjr223 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:27 pm

In the depths .... forest ...temple .... a switch has moved somewhere ??? where would that be? Thanks
sjr223
Bard

Postby jkweath » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:49 pm

sjr223 wrote:In the depths .... forest ...temple .... a switch has moved somewhere ??? where would that be? Thanks

In order to open the door in middle of the depths, you have to press both switches in the Temple (left side of the depths) and the ice area (right side). The message is just saying that one of the switches you need was activated.
jkweath
Bard

Postby kimo » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:30 pm

@JKweath
If you're fixing minor problems in the future, there is a passability issue in Hart City which allows a character to go south through the railing on the landing of the building located straight north of the entrance. I have a screen shot if you need one.

Also, I remember buying Hyperboosters from some merchant I cannot now find. I have returned everywhere (I think) but cannot find any for sale. Any hints/answers? They are almost necessary for that Suplex spell, but I have defeated all the bosses except the last one, so maybe 6 will be enough.

Well, off to the Depths for me........ +::fear
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby sjr223 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:19 pm

I found an "old key" ... but have not found a use for it? Thanks
sjr223
Bard

Postby kimo » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:27 pm

sjr223 wrote:I found an "old key" ... but have not found a use for it? Thanks

@srj223
If it's the key found in Livia, you need it to find a flute in Priscillia. @JKWeath included lots of info in his free guide. You should download a free PDF reader for that guide, if you cannot open it.

EDIT:
@JKWeath
I just finished the game at around 24 hours, but I searched everywhere and found almost everything. Why someone wouldn't finish all the "optional" areas is beyond me, but I think a player could shave 4-5 hours off my time if they chose to do so. +::Dunno

While combat did require strategy, not just a "hack and slash" approach, the "multi-form" monsters were especially challenging. In most boss encounters, I was usually defeating them just as my characters were running very low on MP/TP. Some of those enemy spells like the one that strips TP were very ingenious. But, I couldn't identify the form of some multi-form enemies. Was it because of color? My strategy was to do non-elemental DMG until I was hit by one of their spells. Was that intentional on your part?

I found that equipping items that prevent poison, blind, and sleep became a continual strategy despite all the other items that were available. Also, anti-silence when possible was useful, but then that character usually got poisoned.

Looking forward to your next game. Will it be Knight Bewitched (3?) or are you really remaking the first one in the series? I always appreciate a good story being told, even if it isn't one I would tell. +::Thumbup
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby jkweath » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:39 am

@kimo Glad you enjoyed it! Also happy to see you and others taking around 15-25 hours to finish; I have a bad habit of low-balling my playtime, which can be a bad thing seeing as people around here tend to prefer longer games!

On the multi-form enemies: Unless I've already forgotten, I think the only multi-form enemy that changes its resistances is Seiryu, and I think I laid out its colors and weaknesses for each color in the guide. I might be mistaken though!

On Knight Bewitched: Yes, I am actually remaking Knight Bewitched. I went back-and-forth on it for a long time. Starting on the Celestial Hearts sequel would probably be more financially lucrative, but Knight Bewitched is still my best-selling game to this day. While I'm okay with that, the problem is that I've improved so much as a game developer (IMO) that Knight Bewitched no longer meets my standards; it's so flawed in so many ways that it almost embarrasses me that it's still my best-seller. I can't not remake it!

I can't make an announcement of all the stuff that'll be changing just yet, but my plan is to improve it and add enough new content and features to warrant a second playthrough for anyone who's already beat it.
jkweath
Bard

Postby Indinera » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:35 am

I can't not remake it!

I'd still be (re)making Laxius Power 3 +::biggrin
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

PreviousNext