Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Celestial Hearts

Re: New RPG: Celestial Hearts

Postby jkweath » Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:02 am

Heya,

Wanted to let everyone know that I recently updated the installer to 1.4. Anyone that has versions 1.2 or 1.3 should install this as I've fixed a crashing bug present in those versions.

1.4 also contains an update that significantly optimizes battle animations so lower-end PCs may have better performance than before.
jkweath
Bard

Re: Celestial Hearts

Postby mamachi » Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:12 pm

Can I have all the chests down in the water passage?
After going down the ladder in the middle their is a area where I have to jump into the water and there is a Hydra in the middle but I cant figure out how I can get all the chests.
Do you have a map of that area?.

I love your guide, but I really miss a guide with all the maps even if I have to pay for it. :)
mamachi
Bard

Postby jkweath » Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:46 pm

mamachi wrote:Can I have all the chests down in the water passage?
After going down the ladder in the middle their is a area where I have to jump into the water and there is a Hydra in the middle but I cant figure out how I can get all the chests.
Do you have a map of that area?.

I love your guide, but I really miss a guide with all the maps even if I have to pay for it. :)

I never thought to make a map of the water passage. I made a quick one for you, it just labels where each path takes you and where the treasures are:

https://imgur.com/a/73K7sw7

It's impossible to get every treasure the first time, but you can go back after obtaining the ship to get more if you need to. The ship will magically teleport to the cave exit for you, too!

Just make sure you do it before a certain major storyline event as the area becomes inaccessible after that.
jkweath
Bard

Postby mamachi » Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:09 pm

Thank you very much for the map.

I did not know I could come back later. Now I will take what I love best.

I like the game very much. +::heart
mamachi
Bard

Postby MerryX » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:45 am

Hi jkweath,

I have just finished playing your game and had a wonderful time! Thank you so much for all your hard work and creativity.

I got everyone up to Level 70 playing "Normal" mode and it took me about 25 hours to complete off and on over the past 7 days (I tend to wander off leaving the game running so you can probably knock off 2-3 hours). For me it was a good solid gaming experience and a reasonable price. The game ran without any major glitches for me except the ship tended to jolt and flicker making it hard to manoeuvre at times.

The storyline was intricate and kept me interested and pulling me along with plenty of intrigue and mystery. I surprised myself by actually finding all 23 secret locations, beasts, and items +::YAY

Characters - liked best Sylvie (really up front and strong - that Suplex attack is the "bomb" +::biggrin / liked least Kayah (found her a bit "limp" and whiny IMO / her attack skills didn't seem to develop as much in comparison to the others)

Missed getting armours 43-45, 48, 61, 69, 76, 99, 108, 111, and 131 +:oops:
And weapons - 18-20, 22, 31, 34, 38, 44, 48-49, 51, 53, 55, 59, 67, 71, and 93 +::grrr

Nevertheless, I was able to clean up all the bosses and complete all the quests. Really hated the attack that wipes out all the TP - and I think the worst boss was in The Depths (can't remember its name but it was the final one in the golden temple and it really made me sweat!!)
Able to accumulate gold and items at a good pace. Well worth backtracking as I'd missed hunting down that dude other people spoke about selling the Hyperboosters and Lucky Potions.

I thought I was going to have to yelp for help when I got to The Depths and could not find the second trigger switch to get into the last area there. And although I got the Flower Charm, did you know it is "unequippable" for any character? The guide is a bit skimpy but it's enough - really needed the maps and the head's up about the major change midway.

Overall, highly recommend this game +::Dance +::clap

MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby jkweath » Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:21 pm

Thank you for the feedback MerryX! It's much appreciated!

I indeed didn't know the Flower Charm is broken. I'll write that down and fix it next time I release a bugfix patch.

Sorry about the skimpy guide - I'm gonna make a more "professional" guide for my next release :)
jkweath
Bard

Postby D-Squall » Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:54 am

I tried to play the demo for this game but whenever I try to open the game it shows "failed o initalize graphics"

I noticed this happend with a couple of other games made with RPG Maker MZ and I don't want that to happen since it seems that some Aldorlea Games might change to MZ very soon, what can I do to fix this?
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby Indinera » Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:10 am

That's a strange one for sure, I hope Joshua will have an idea.

Yes NOTS will be MZ and LS is 99% chances too.
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby jkweath » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:41 am

D-Squall wrote:I tried to play the demo for this game but whenever I try to open the game it shows "failed o initalize graphics"

I noticed this happend with a couple of other games made with RPG Maker MZ and I don't want that to happen since it seems that some Aldorlea Games might change to MZ very soon, what can I do to fix this?

Hello!

I have a solution outlined earlier in the thread, but I'm on mobile atm and can't pull it up. I'll get it later this afternoon for you unless someone else does first :)
jkweath
Bard

Postby D-Squall » Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:27 pm

Oh, okay then.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby jkweath » Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:44 pm

Okay, I'm home! Sorry about that!

1. Go to where you installed Celestial Hearts (the default path is "My Documents/Celestial Hearts"
2. Find the file called "Package" and open it in Notepad. You may need to right click it and select "Open with..."
3. Using Notepad, copy and paste this line of code to the Package file:

Code: Select all
"chromium-args": "--enable-webgl --ignore-gpu-blacklist",

Here is a screenshot of what it should look like:

https://imgur.com/a/ELBSdcz

4. Save the file, close it and run the game.

If this works and you're able to play the demo, let me know how the game is performance-wise. Another user here had the same error and was able to fix it, but they couldn't play it as the game's system requirements were too high for their computer.
jkweath
Bard

Postby D-Squall » Wed May 12, 2021 8:50 pm

Hi, I actually tried that but not with this game.

I downloaded RPG Maker MZ, just to see how it is since the last RPG Maker I actually downloaded was RPG Maker VX years ago lol. So, when I tried to test the project I made (I actually didn't made anything, I just played with the engine a little) it has appeared the same message and I tried doing what you said above but it didn't worked.

I'm concerned about that, I fear of not being able to play future games from Aldorlea since Indinera has moved to MZ already. The same failed to initialize graphics message has appeared.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby jkweath » Thu May 13, 2021 1:02 am

D-Squall wrote:Hi, I actually tried that but not with this game.

I downloaded RPG Maker MZ, just to see how it is since the last RPG Maker I actually downloaded was RPG Maker VX years ago lol. So, when I tried to test the project I made (I actually didn't made anything, I just played with the engine a little) it has appeared the same message and I tried doing what you said above but it didn't worked.

I'm concerned about that, I fear of not being able to play future games from Aldorlea since Indinera has moved to MZ already. The same failed to initialize graphics message has appeared.

Sorry to hear about that. Hopefully more solutions will be discovered in the future. IIRC the only other solutions that *can* work are to update your graphics card drivers, upgrade to Windows 10 and/or just buy a new PC (as 99% of modern PCs support WebGL. A lack of WebGL support is what causes the "Failed to Initialize Graphics" error.)
jkweath
Bard

Postby Indinera » Thu May 13, 2021 9:43 am

D-Squall wrote:Hi, I actually tried that but not with this game.

NOTS is indeed MZ, and so will be LS.
How old is your pc? What's your OS?
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby D-Squall » Thu May 13, 2021 3:46 pm

I have windows 7...

I know,... It's old. But it never bothered me before.

And my computer is old, i have since 2009, before getting in high school and I graduated college last year and I still have him lol. It has died twice in all those years. I have since I joined aldorlea back then, since I played blades of heaven, which was my first game played made by indinera.

The problem is, I never had a problem with rpg maker before. I always thought as a light engine which I wouldn't need a gamer PC to play its games. I had problems with some Vx ace games before, but only a few and none made by aldorlea.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers