Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Celestial Hearts

Re: New RPG: Celestial Hearts

Postby blumyst » Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:27 pm

jkweath wrote:Thank you for finding the CPU model. So the "Display" tab didn't list your graphics card at all?

I posted a screenshot of my own Dxdiag at this imgur link, this is what it usually looks like:

https://imgur.com/a/FImXPUC

Let me know if you're able to find your GPU. Regardless, we'll move on and try some different solutions.

The first thing I want to try is this:

1. Go to where you installed Celestial Hearts (the default path is "My Documents/Celestial Hearts"
2. Find the file called "Package" and open it in Notepad. You may need to right click it and select "Open with..."
3. Using Notepad, add this line of code to the Package file:
Code: Select all
"chromium-args": "--enable-webgl --ignore-gpu-blacklist",

Here is a screenshot of what it should look like:

https://imgur.com/a/ELBSdcz

4. Run the game and see if the same error message pops up.

Let me know how this works out; if it doesn't, then we'll move on to a different solution.

That worked!!! Thankyou!!
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

Postby blumyst » Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:40 pm

I seems really slow. Im in the demo right now but ive tried to speed it up it wont go faster
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

Postby jkweath » Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:52 pm

Awesome, I'm glad it worked out! You should be able to repeat the same process for other games in the same engine, such as The Damathos Clan.

Buuuut...

blumyst wrote:I seems really slow. Im in the demo right now but ive tried to speed it up it wont go faster

Yeah, that's the other problem. So the two easy solutions to speed up performance are:

1. Press F3 to disable certain screen effects (like fog and the lighting effects in Livia).
2. In the options menu, adjust "Battle Animation Speed" up - this won't improve performance, but it'll still make animations run faster.
3. As an alternative to 2, you can completely disable Battle Animations in the options menu. This will definitely speed things up, but battles won't look very nice anymore. :(

There is one other thing we can try, but it's a little more complicated. This solution will involve editing one of the game's scripts, so I only recommend trying it if the above solutions don't work well enough:

Spoiler: show
1. Navigate to Celestial Hearts/js/plugins
2. Find and open the file "YP_CORE" in Notepad (you may need to right-click and select "Open With..."
3. At the very bottom of the file, copy and paste in this block of code:

(function() {
'use strict';
Graphics._throttle=false;
Graphics._canRender = function() {
if(!!this._app.stage){
return Graphics._throttle=!Graphics._throttle;
}else return false;
};
})();

The file should now look like this:

https://imgur.com/a/iuPmKu3

4. Save the file, close it and try running the game again.

I apologize for making you do so much work. The new engine comes with lots of improvements over the older ones, but at the cost of not being friendly with lower-end PCs.
jkweath
Bard

Postby blumyst » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:11 pm

jkweath wrote:Awesome, I'm glad it worked out! You should be able to repeat the same process for other games in the same engine, such as The Damathos Clan.

Buuuut...

blumyst wrote:I seems really slow. Im in the demo right now but ive tried to speed it up it wont go faster

Yeah, that's the other problem. So the two easy solutions to speed up performance are:

1. Press F3 to disable certain screen effects (like fog and the lighting effects in Livia).
2. In the options menu, adjust "Battle Animation Speed" up - this won't improve performance, but it'll still make animations run faster.
3. As an alternative to 2, you can completely disable Battle Animations in the options menu. This will definitely speed things up, but battles won't look very nice anymore. :(

Its Ok I liked editing the files really. It did help it to go faster but my pc is a low end one it was built by my friends son
and seems slow as molasses

There is one other thing we can try, but it's a little more complicated. This solution will involve editing one of the game's scripts, so I only recommend trying it if the above solutions don't work well enough:

2. Find and open the file "YP_CORE" in Notepad (you may need to right-click and select "Open With..."

(function() {
'use strict';
if(!!this._app.stage){
}else return false;
};
})();

I apologize for making you do so much work. The new engine comes with lots of improvements over the older ones, but at the cost of not being friendly with lower-end PCs.
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

Postby ZuluKat » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:48 pm

Just finished, Got 30 hrs with repeating areas to level up. Could go to more hours if I fully leveled up. There was no total on secret rooms which would of been nice. The equipment was different I wasn't crazy about the percentages on reducing and increasing stats but it was okay on that end. The story line was great even liked the history tie in with the past heroes!
I don't know what it is lately with devouring games...but I expect the sequel soon lol! Nice job over all. Will replay in a couple weeks to see if I can get more secret rooms. I don't know how many there are...? More, want more now! +::clap
Thanks for the work you put into this game!
ZuluKat
Explorer

Postby blumyst » Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:26 pm

blumyst wrote:
jkweath wrote:Awesome, I'm glad it worked out! You should be able to repeat the same process for other games in the same engine, such as The Damathos Clan.

Buuuut...

Its Ok I liked editing the files really. It did help it to go faster but my pc is a low end one it was built by my friends son
and seems slow as molasses

(function() {
'use strict';
if(!!this._app.stage){
}else return false;
};
})();

No worries i liked doing it. With directions of course. Guess I need to go out and buy me a better computer instead of relying on a friends son to do it.
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

Postby jkweath » Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:08 am

ZuluKat wrote:Just finished, Got 30 hrs with repeating areas to level up. Could go to more hours if I fully leveled up. There was no total on secret rooms which would of been nice. The equipment was different I wasn't crazy about the percentages on reducing and increasing stats but it was okay on that end. The story line was great even liked the history tie in with the past heroes!
I don't know what it is lately with devouring games...but I expect the sequel soon lol! Nice job over all. Will replay in a couple weeks to see if I can get more secret rooms. I don't know how many there are...? More, want more now! +::clap

Awesome, glad you enjoyed it, and thanks for the feedback!

There are exactly 23 secret rooms. If you do a replay, you may want to check the miniguide to make sure you don't miss any! (some can be missed permanently due to a certain storyline event)

I would like to make a sequel eventually, but right now I'm actually doing a complete remake of Knight Bewitched. Stay tuned for that!

blumyst wrote:No worries i liked doing it. With directions of course. Guess I need to go out and buy me a better computer instead of relying on a friends son to do it.

Good to hear :) It might be worth upgrading in the future. Aldorlea will likely see many more games made in the same engine as Celestial Hearts in the coming years. It'd be a shame if you couldn't play any of them!
jkweath
Bard

Postby blumyst » Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:47 am

jkweath wrote:
ZuluKat wrote:Just finished, Got 30 hrs with repeating areas to level up. Could go to more hours if I fully leveled up. There was no total on secret rooms which would of been nice. The equipment was different I wasn't crazy about the percentages on reducing and increasing stats but it was okay on that end. The story line was great even liked the history tie in with the past heroes!

Awesome, glad you enjoyed it, and thanks for the feedback!

There are exactly 23 secret rooms. If you do a replay, you may want to check the miniguide to make sure you don't miss any! (some can be missed permanently due to a certain storyline event)

I would like to make a sequel eventually, but right now I'm actually doing a complete remake of Knight Bewitched. Stay tuned for that! Thanks for being around and answering questions and helping all the people like you have. Also the others that make games that help like del, indy and others

blumyst wrote:No worries i liked doing it. With directions of course. Guess I need to go out and buy me a better computer instead of relying on a friends son to do it.

Good to hear :) It might be worth upgrading in the future. Aldorlea will likely see many more games made in the same engine as Celestial Hearts in the coming years. It'd be a shame if you couldn't play any of them!

I wouldnt be very hawppy if I couldnt play these games. I would like to play your game. Maybe now I can
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

Postby Valdy » Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:17 pm

blumyst wrote:I sound the processor
processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8300 @ 2.50GHz (4 CPUs),~2.5GHz
dont know about the gpu I couldnt find it under the display,there is directX
and its windows 7 I dont like 10

"Bolded what I am responding to"

Blumyst, if you love playing games, and want to continue playing them, then you will eventually need to get a newer computer. I always loved Windows XP best, and didn't like going to the next Windows (7, I believe), but I did. And it only took me a short while to get used to it, and then Windows 7 was my favourite OS. And now I am on Windows 10.

Every time I got a newer laptop, I hated the fact that things were somewhat different from the previous versions, but if you want to play newer versions of games, you will need to upgrade eventually. :)
Valdy
Explorer

Postby blumyst » Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:24 pm

Valdy wrote:
blumyst wrote:I sound the processor
processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8300 @ 2.50GHz (4 CPUs),~2.5GHz
dont know about the gpu I couldnt find it under the display,there is directX
and its windows 7 I dont like 10

"Bolded what I am responding to"

Blumyst, if you love playing games, and want to continue playing them, then you will eventually need to get a newer computer. I always loved Windows XP best, and didn't like going to the next Windows (7, I believe), but I did. And it only took me a short while to get used to it, and then Windows 7 was my favourite OS. And now I am on Windows 10.

Every time I got a newer laptop, I hated the fact that things were somewhat different from the previous versions, but if you want to play newer versions of games, you will need to upgrade eventually. :)

Yes valdy I know. I only use desktops but been thinking about a laptop and it all wont be
built by an amateur (SP). But then The ones that are in stores have troubles as well!
Thanks for the input Valdy
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

Postby Valdy » Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:46 pm

Hey Joshua Keith... just wanted to add that I loved finding 2 people inside the first? secret room I came across in the next city (Hart City?), one of them selling me something. That was a nice surprise. Usually, secret rooms come without people in them. +::Thumbup
Valdy
Explorer

Postby Fanatik007 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:29 pm

sjr223 wrote:Thanks for the reply. I don't have Microsoft Edge.... just Firefox. Maybe it will get fixed?

I have tried opening in Mozila Frefox, Chrome or explorer and its only have Button Buy now. I wanna try demo version before is that a possibility?
Fanatik007
Bard

Postby Madmar » Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:06 pm

I have Firefox as a secondary browser so I decided to check if I could get both the demo and buy buttons. Both were enabled on Firefox for me.
Madmar
Explorer

Postby jkweath » Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:38 pm

Fanatik007 wrote:
sjr223 wrote:Thanks for the reply. I don't have Microsoft Edge.... just Firefox. Maybe it will get fixed?

I have tried opening in Mozila Frefox, Chrome or explorer and its only have Button Buy now. I wanna try demo version before is that a possibility?

Can you try this link and see if it works?

https://demo.bmtmicro.com/13072/Celestial%20Hearts%20Demo%20Installer%201.0.exe
jkweath
Bard

Postby lilac » Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:37 am

Fanatik007 wrote:

I use Chrome and had the same problem. Then i tried Firefox (which i rarely use and i don't have any add-ons installed) and it worked fine. Out of curiosity, i installed Ghostery for Firefox and the demo button disappeared.
So, anyone who can't see the download button, check your add-ons, adblockers etc and try disabling them.

I haven't finished the game yet (ready to start the last area/dungeon) but i can say for certain that i enjoy it very very much. The only negative thing, for me personally, is the lack of sidequests. If only there were some (preferably lots of +::biggrin ) sidequests, it would be just perfect. Nevertheless, very enjoyable game and very reasonably priced too. I mean, if you take your time (what can i say...i have to have all the random enemy drops! The little guy that sells Lucky potions is my new best friend! +::heart ), it's easily 20+ hours.
lilac
Bard

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers