Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Ultima Adventum

Re: New RPG: Ultima Adventum

Postby Anima » Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:23 pm

Salvia wrote:Yes, I'm in the final dungeon and have enjoyed the game immensely! The only thing that I would add (besides make using TP easier) would be to add a Rush feature. I love that the enemies don't re-appear! It makes finding your way through the dungeons much easier :)

Writes down "Rush Feature" for next game. :)

Salvia wrote:Okay, again I'm sure the answer is obvious, but is there a trick to getting through the Abyss? I have been stumbling around for since yesterday and I can't for the life of me figure out how to get through it. I feel like I have tried every single stair and rope that I can reach and have slogged through the poison water wherever I can. I am definitely confused +::Dunno

A patched build is on the way, it reduces the TP required for some skills and I'm also making the navigation in The Abyss easier, I will let you know when it's available. Thanks for your patience. :)

sjr223 wrote:Is there no "easy" mode? I cannot even get past the first few enemy's

Hi! I am uploading a patch for the game and in it the difficulty in the first area is reduced! I will let you know when it's available. Thank you for your feedback on it.

kimo wrote:
RAndrews wrote:OK - I have given up. I am in the abyss and lost the will to live.
I have been bored for a little while - so many mazes, and so many maps that I am sure I have seen in other games :(
It's not often that I get too bored to bother to finish a game, but it's happened this time.
For those interested, this is the final dungeon (though I have not spent much time in the several optional mazes), and I have been playing 4 1/2 hours.

Someone else is stuck in the same place as where you gave up. Your original comment was the reason I woud not buy the game. So "much mahalos" to you.

I agree with @Euphoniacs suggestions for game descriptions, but Indy is correct in that if you ask, you will receive the info ...from somebody. I have huge issues with paying (esp. $20) for any game that is under 10 hours.

The reason that I will always buy an Indy game without question is that with rare exception we know exactly what to expect after all these years.

And finally, I know it's Lent, but 2 games with Latin titles? Seems suspicious to me. That alone made me wonder who this new developer may be.

@Indy
It's almost the end of Feb and there has been no update for Night of the Stars +::cry and while I'm not giving you a deadline ............ I miss your games especially that maddening chicken (Cocka).

Hi, Kimo,

If you skip all side content it is quite possible that you will finish Ultima Adventum in less then 10 hours, I'd say. Finishing the side content, it gets there or maybe over it.

I will do my best to provide more information about my next games in the future, sorry that part was lacking to you. :(

I like Latin names for titles, just because they sound cool! +::biggrin
I'll probably stick with it for all my games, regardless if other games are named in Latin as well or not.

jwayjim wrote:I am having a problem getting this game to load. I keep receiving the following message: C:\Users\Jim\AppData\Local\Temp\+CfluguD.exe.part could not be saved, because the source file could not be read. I would like to continue playing the game since I paid for it. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

Hi, jwayjim,

When you say load, you mean run the game application or load the save file from the demo?
Anima
Bard

Postby MONCHA5 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:46 pm

Does any body get the 3F in the abyss? I have spent 2 hours and I cant get 3F +::sos +::sos +::sos !!
MONCHA5
Explorer

Postby Anima » Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:11 pm

Hi, MONCHA5,

A patch making navigation there easier is being uploaded, I will report back to you when it's available for download.

Were you able to solve that visualization problem you were having with the links here?
Anima
Bard

Postby MONCHA5 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:15 pm

Anima wrote:Hi, MONCHA5,

A patch making navigation there easier is being uploaded, I will report back to you when it's available for download.

Were you able to solve that visualization problem you were having with the links here?

Yes, thanls y bought the game and guide but i dont get 3F +::surrender
MONCHA5
Explorer

Postby MONCHA5 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:18 pm

MONCHA5 wrote:

Yes, thanls y bought the game and guide but i dont get 3F +::surrender[/

I have been walking all the ways but none of them go to 3F
MONCHA5
Explorer

Postby Anima » Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:04 pm

A patched version is being uploaded, it fixes a few things that players requested and reported so far and it also fixes the nagivation in The Abyss. I hope you can be patient with me for a bit.
Anima
Bard

Postby polarbr » Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:40 pm

I have to say that I'm disappointed in this game. Seems like the mazes where the same configuration with different backgrounds and monsters, so once you've done one, you get to do the same thing a few more times and it's boring. And there really weren't any hidden rooms to find, just spots that if you were lucky enough to walk on, you'd be transported to a treasure chest. Only a few additional side quest and even those lacked detail. Seems like this game developer just reused the same stuff for many aspects of this game and it's quite short for the money.

And I'm (like others) helplessly lost in the Abyss. I've traveled every path open to me, up and down stairs and ropes and I can't explore the rest of the area, or get to the final battle. I read that there's a patch being developed, but how will we hear about it? I'm so bored and now frustrated that I spent this money and can't even finish the game.
polarbr
Wanderer

Postby poetforhim726 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:02 am

Ok, I see I am not the only one who is frustrated with the ABYSS! I was enjoying the game and BAM! I do wish the enemies were not so hard, however no biggie, but not being able to get further in a dungeon is sooooooo frustrating. I play games for fun and relaxation and a bit of a challenge, but to get frustrated cause you want to finish the game.....
poetforhim726
Wanderer

Postby Anima » Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:49 am

MONCHA5 wrote:
MONCHA5 wrote:

Yes, thanls y bought the game and guide but i dont get 3F +::surrender[/

I have been walking all the ways but none of them go to 3F

I'm glad you were able to solve the issues with the links! I'm sorry for the navigation in The Abyss, please download and install the game again and then check the end of this post for mapshots teaching how to navigate on it.

polarbr wrote:I have to say that I'm disappointed in this game. Seems like the mazes where the same configuration with different backgrounds and monsters, so once you've done one, you get to do the same thing a few more times and it's boring. And there really weren't any hidden rooms to find, just spots that if you were lucky enough to walk on, you'd be transported to a treasure chest. Only a few additional side quest and even those lacked detail. Seems like this game developer just reused the same stuff for many aspects of this game and it's quite short for the money.

And I'm (like others) helplessly lost in the Abyss. I've traveled every path open to me, up and down stairs and ropes and I can't explore the rest of the area, or get to the final battle. I read that there's a patch being developed, but how will we hear about it? I'm so bored and now frustrated that I spent this money and can't even finish the game.

Hi, polarbr,

I'm sorry you feel that way about the mazes, they're each unique, not copies with different backgrounds, but the navigation in a few of them indeed follows the same principle, they are interconnected between each other. I see the formula didn't please some players so I'll have to do better next time.

The patched build is available, you can downloand and install it, and then, if you want, check the end of this post for mapshots detailing how the navigation to 3F works.

poetforhim726 wrote:Ok, I see I am not the only one who is frustrated with the ABYSS! I was enjoying the game and BAM! I do wish the enemies were not so hard, however no biggie, but not being able to get further in a dungeon is sooooooo frustrating. I play games for fun and relaxation and a bit of a challenge, but to get frustrated cause you want to finish the game.....

Hi, poetforhim726,

I'm happy to hear you were enjoying the game, and I'm sorry to hear you got frustrated with it.
A new version is available, please, download and install the game again and check the mapshots in the spoilers I'm sending to understand how the navigation works in The Abyss.

Spoiler: show
Anima
Bard

Postby blumyst » Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:39 am

Anima wrote:
sjr223 wrote:Is there no "easy" mode? I cannot even get past the first few enemy's

Hi, sjr223, unfortunately there is no difficulty selection in Ultima Adventum, I'll make sure to add it in my next games though. If I may help you, the first few enemies are not that tough if you use Alana's spells, she starts at a pretty high level, so make sure to use her skills in battle, mainly "Thunder" and "Spark".

blumyst wrote:ok programmers just how does one modify parameters? Im not a programmerand theres lots that arent
and have no idea what it means

Hi, blumyst, what parameters exactly?
In the options you can change the volume of the music, the sound effects, enable auto-dash, enable and disable mouse control...

Tell me what you're trying to do and I'll be glad to help you to the best of my abilities. :)

Hi Anima,
Well Indy was telling someone else to modify parameters mayabe that might help them see download buttons
and buy buttons. Alot of us dont have any idea how to modify parameters. I dont need to but supposedly someone
does
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

Postby Euphoniac » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:12 am

Concerning the Abyss dungeon (more like temple ruins), I saw (nearly) the same maps in another JRPG I recently played ("An Usual Cadence"). Are these maps really (mostly) unedited sample maps? If so, that simply isn't sufficient for a 20 $ game, all the more so when it comes to the final dungeon. In case you can't or don't want to create your own maps, you can always switch to a full visual novel format instead.
Euphoniac
Peasant

Re: Ultima Adventum

Postby MerryX » Sun May 02, 2021 10:47 am

Hi Anima,

Just completed Ultima Adventum - took a bit over 10 hours and got everyone up to level 25...slowly!!

Some down sides for me - I would have to say that a big beef for me that it takes sooo long to grind up in levels with very little gain in terms of skills to show for it. I also absolutely hated the wandering around to hit an apparently random spot to get a secret room/dimension. I usually love exploring but that was teeth-grittingly awful!! I think I ended up managing to fall across about 4-5 of them. And I agree with other comments about the TP - it is much better in games if you can build up and hold over your TP for the bigger fights. It just doesn't work to re-zero after every battle. I also found the mazes/dungeons repetitive despite different backgrounds with not a lot of variation and interest.

In saying all that, can I acknowledge that there is no way I'd be able to create something like this and I appreciate the hard work and thought that I know must have gone into it. I thought the look of the characters was great and the storyline was interesting and sad - hard to pit a daughter against a father.

Overall, the game is okay and I kept going and got through the ABYSS (won't say I did every bit but I found my way and managed to finish the last battle).

MerryX +::Thumbup
MerryX
Explorer

Re: Ultima Adventum

Postby Anima » Sun May 02, 2021 3:23 pm

Hi MerryX,

It's so good to see you liked Dei Lapis and came over here to give Ultima Adventum a shot, it really is!
As you can see, I have tried to learn from most of what was reported in the players feedback to try and do something better for my next game, which was Dei Lapis, I hope I have covered most of what was reported and I'll keep on doing the same with the feedback I'm getting from Dei Lapis, to keep getting better.

I'm glad the storyline interested you!

All the best!
Anima
Bard

Re: Ultima Adventum official guide suck

Postby aldorlea1 » Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:02 pm

i bought both the game and the guide but very disappointed in the guide as on the map there is no indication where are the secret room [*SECRET ROOM ALERT: The first secret room can be found
in the left corner of 1F, climb the small stairs and head all the way]
i seach every wall on the room and i dont see anything.
it would have been nice if the developer who wrote this guide have some indication where are the room? +::fear +::fear +::fear
aldorlea1
Peasant

Re: Ultima Adventum official guide suck

Postby firefly84 » Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:17 pm

aldorlea1 wrote:i bought both the game and the guide but very disappointed in the guide as on the map there is no indication where are the secret room [*SECRET ROOM ALERT: The first secret room can be found
in the left corner of 1F, climb the small stairs and head all the way]
i seach every wall on the room and i dont see anything.
it would have been nice if the developer who wrote this guide have some indication where are the room? +::fear +::fear +::fear

I did the work and wrote a guide for the dimensional rifts with screenshots.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/emp5h319dc9eq ... e.pdf?dl=0

just copy that link, sadly even here the format help is still a http.
firefly84
Wanderer

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers