Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Ultima Adventum

Ultima Adventum

Postby Indinera » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:00 pm

ULTIMA ADVENTUM

$19.99

Image Image

This is a brand new game by brand new developer ANIMA GAMES.

Please also note that the game also comes with strategy guide:
https://secure.bmtmicro.com/cart?CID=45 ... ID=2618061

SUMMARY:

Hundreds of years ago a war was fought between two ruling nations for the right to inhabit a new world, free from the menaces of The Blight, that plagued the Original World. Now, loyal and powerful members of the nation that lost are trying to open the portals so they can make the crossing as well, which will lead to a new war and catastrophic destruction.
It lies upon the shoulders of Alana and other three Arise,s, fated individuals, to stop what is to come. Through the darkest dungeons and longest journeys, they must build the courage and power to save their world.

FEATURES:

Classic Old-School Storyline
Beautiful Art
Sidequests to complete
Secret Rooms to discover
Optional Dungeons to explore
Ultimate Weapons to find
Mouse Support

SCREENSHOTS:

Lost in the game? Please feel free to use this thread to ask your questions! :)
ENJOY!
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Re: New RPG: Ultima Adventum

Postby ZuluKat » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:09 pm

Ok, played demo pretty cool game. Like the being in the belly of the beast! Guess I'll be spending more than I should this month on games. Have to get used to running all over the place to find secret rooms where least expected. But it does make for longer game play. Story so far is good. I like the thoroughness of characters, the artwork is original and I'll let you know more after I finish the game. And boy, we've got a lot of developers working hard this year so far! +::YAY
ZuluKat
Explorer

Postby RAndrews » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:44 am

there appears to be a problem with the mouse in this game. I just bought it, and it offers the demo games to load, but you can't move down them with the cursor keys or mouse! I have managed to get to them by minimising the game, but it is still difficult to scroll to the right save.
Turning off the mouse in the options does work, but I don't expect to have to fiddle with options just to load the game - and presumably if you do play with a mouse, the option would have to be amended every time you load the game.
RAndrews
Bard

Postby Indinera » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:04 pm

I contacted the dev (who is not yet a member of this forum) and here is what he told me:

The mouse standing on top of any slot keeps the cursor from moving.
If a player is not playing with the mouse he has to disable It in the options.
And only once because the options are saved.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Anima » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:45 pm

Hey all!

I'm the Developer behind Ultima Adventum.

Indinera wrote:I contacted the dev (who is not yet a member of this forum) and here is what he told me:

The mouse standing on top of any slot keeps the cursor from moving.
If a player is not playing with the mouse he has to disable It in the options.
And only once because the options are saved.

Thanks for sending the message!

RAndrews wrote:there appears to be a problem with the mouse in this game. I just bought it, and it offers the demo games to load, but you can't move down them with the cursor keys or mouse! I have managed to get to them by minimising the game, but it is still difficult to scroll to the right save.
Turning off the mouse in the options does work, but I don't expect to have to fiddle with options just to load the game - and presumably if you do play with a mouse, the option would have to be amended every time you load the game.

RAndrews, by default the Mouse System comes enabled, since the majority prefers to play with mouse I thought that would be the best bet, I'm sorry that it got in your way. If you're not using the mouse, go the Options and disable it, you will only have to do it once, because the options configuration is saved everytime you change them.

If there is anything else I can help you with, do let me know, please.

ZuluKat wrote:Ok, played demo pretty cool game. Like the being in the belly of the beast! Guess I'll be spending more than I should this month on games. Have to get used to running all over the place to find secret rooms where least expected. But it does make for longer game play. Story so far is good. I like the thoroughness of characters, the artwork is original and I'll let you know more after I finish the game. And boy, we've got a lot of developers working hard this year so far! +::YAY

Hi Zulukat, first to post, fast player I presume? Thanks for the kind words about the demo, I'm really glad you have enjoyed it and I hope that you enjoy the whole experience as well. If you need any help with anything, let me know, and any feedback you may have, I'm anxious for it as well!
Anima
Bard

Postby MONCHA5 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:05 am

I dont see any guide to buy!! Where is the guide?
MONCHA5
Explorer

Postby Euphoniac » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:52 am

I want to use this opportunity to point out that I find most game descriptions on this site to be severely lacking. Over the years, I've compiled a huge question catalog for games I deem potentially interesting. Here are some questions to which the game description doesn't provide answers (no need to answer them, just for demonstration purposes):

- What's the estimated play time?

- How much optional content (e.g. how many side quests) does the game feature (in relation to the main story line)?

- Is there a world map to explore (freely), and if so, which vehicles will the player be able to use later (ship and/or airship)?

- Can the story be considered as concluded or is there an open ending, maybe even a sequel planned already?

- Are DLCs (featuring new side quests etc.) planned?

- Does the game allow the player to save anywhere?

- Does the game use random or fixed (on-map) encounters (or a mix of them)? If (also) fixed (on-map) encounters are used, do they regenerate upon leaving the map or the respective dungeon (or even a few seconds after beating them)?

- Does the game employ any form of level-scaling/balancing to the player's detriment?

- How many playable party members (with and without temporary ones)? While I see 4 on the screenshots, I obviously can't know if that's all of them.

- Do inactive party members (if there are any) also gain EXP from battles, and if so, how much?

- At which level do party members hit the level cap?

- What kinds of mini games and puzzles are featured (if any at all)?

- Does the game utilize any sort of acoustic puzzles or hints or spoken lines only (without corresponding text) that require the player to not play the game muted?

- Does the game feature several difficulty settings, and if so, are some in-game quests, rewards etc. only available when choosing a certain (most likely the highest) setting?

- Can hidden items be found in barrels, pots, cabinets etc. or none at all?

- Does the game contain elements (items, side quests etc.) that are permanently missable?

- Does the game feature time pressure elements such as a calendar, a day/night system or countdown segments?

I hope that all developers will realize: More information is always better if you want to appeal to sophisticated players who don't want to do a blind bargain.
Euphoniac
Peasant

Postby Indinera » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:16 am

MONCHA5 wrote:I dont see any guide to buy!! Where is the guide?

Here:
https://secure.bmtmicro.com/servlets/Or ... ID=2618061
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Indinera » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:18 am

I find most game descriptions on this site to be severely lacking. Over the years, I've compiled a huge question catalog for games I deem potentially interesting.

For games of mine, it's always very detailed, eg:

http://www.aldorlea.org/foreverheroes.php

I try to be as specific and accurate as possible, as I like my community to fully know what to expect, although of course it's always possible to overlook something, I guess. In that case asking on the forum will most likely end up in a prompt reply.

However for third party games, I have no other option than to copy/paste whatever information they give me +::Dunno
It's their duty as developers to provide as much information as possible.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby RAndrews » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:28 am

OK - I have given up. I am in the abyss and lost the will to live.
I have been bored for a little while - so many mazes, and so many maps that I am sure I have seen in other games :(
It's not often that I get too bored to bother to finish a game, but it's happened this time.
For those interested, this is the final dungeon (though I have not spent much time in the several optional mazes), and I have been playing 4 1/2 hours.
RAndrews
Bard

Postby poshpaws » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:02 pm

With regards to Euphoniac's request this is pretty extensive and he/she is quite right. We'd like some more information about the games although I don't necessarily expect as much information as that. However, unless they are games from developers that I know I will definitely like (such as Indy's games) I tend to wait a while and see how the forum discussions are going before buying. Some games are far superior to others. The Book of Shadows was one of the best I've played and I enjoyed the Labyronia Games (except for the timed puzzles). I think we all like games where there are quests, secret rooms and a lot of interesting exploration?
poshpaws
Bard

Postby Anima » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:11 pm

RAndrews wrote:OK - I have given up. I am in the abyss and lost the will to live.
I have been bored for a little while - so many mazes, and so many maps that I am sure I have seen in other games :(
It's not often that I get too bored to bother to finish a game, but it's happened this time.
For those interested, this is the final dungeon (though I have not spent much time in the several optional mazes), and I have been playing 4 1/2 hours.

Sad to hear that! :(
Aside from the optional dungeons, there are only other two, much smaller areas which are a bit maze like, Dark Road and Wastelands. The other dungeons only have three distinct maps each, though the way to navigate them is not neccessarily linear, as exits leads to different points of those three areas interconnecting them.

I'm sorry you didn't get to play it in full, but thank you for giving it a shot, I'll try better next time!

poshpaws wrote:With regards to Euphoniac's request this is pretty extensive and he/she is quite right. We'd like some more information about the games although I don't necessarily expect as much information as that. However, unless they are games from developers that I know I will definitely like (such as Indy's games) I tend to wait a while and see how the forum discussions are going before buying. Some games are far superior to others. The Book of Shadows was one of the best I've played and I enjoyed the Labyronia Games (except for the timed puzzles). I think we all like games where there are quests, secret rooms and a lot of interesting exploration?

I can't promise to deliver such extensive description of the game without making the presentation boring and technical, but I can try to be more specific about some aspect and I'll do that. Thank you all for the feedback.
Last edited by Anima on Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anima
Bard

Postby Anima » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:14 pm

Accidentaly double posted, sorry. +:oops:
Anima
Bard

Postby MONCHA5 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:08 pm

I played the demo but now i dont know how to buy the game and the guide. O dont see the options in my pc +::surrender
MONCHA5
Explorer

Postby MONCHA5 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:10 pm

MONCHA5 wrote:I played the demo but now i dont know how to buy the game and the guide. O dont see the options in my pc +::surrender

I only see the option to download but not to buy +::sos
MONCHA5
Explorer

Next

Return to Games from other Developers