Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Rainbow Dawn

Rainbow Dawn

Postby Indinera » Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:06 am

RAINBOW DAWN

$9.99 only!

Image Image

This is a brand new game by brand new developer JAKE MAKES GAMES.
Check out the demo to see if it's your style of game!

Please also note that the game also comes with an ARTBOOK (not a GUIDE) featuring various illustrations made by the author:
https://secure.bmtmicro.com/cart?CID=45 ... ID=2618061

SUMMARY:

One day, you find yourself trapped in a dream state. You can't remember anything about yourself, where you came from, and why you've been asleep for so long. Once you wake up, you realize that the entire world has been cleansed of all human souls..! At least, so you are told by your fairy companion, Hope. You need to find other signs of human life if you wish to survive, if there are any left. However... people may have still had regrets before they passed, and it's up to you to fulfill them.. or not.
You can forge your own path in Rainbow Dawn. Outside of the goal of finding other people that may be alive, you can achieve this in many different ways. It's all about choice, and allowing you to explore the world at your fingertips.

FEATURES:

A simple and fun turn-based RPG battle system
Bored of combat? Don't worry! Level up through sidequests and world exploration, it's all up to you
Sidequests that will introduce you to the people who once existed in this world- help solve their last wish and be rewarded with EXP and items
Dungeons that will test your skills and reward you with new items
A art style that brings you back to the game boy color era, filled with cool monsters and plenty of places to visit
Tons of LGBTQ characters! Nobody is straight unless said otherwise (yes, really)

SCREENSHOTS:

Lost in the game? Please feel free to use this thread to ask your questions! :)
ENJOY!
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Re: New RPG: Rainbow Dawn

Postby Valdy » Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:36 pm

Hello Developer !!

I just finished the 45-minute demo, and liked it.

What I didn't like:
- The minute countdown right there in the top middle of the screen. Would have preferred it in the corner, and with just the minute and second counter, but not the last part that races down non-stop.

- Not a fan of having to wait for the bar to fill before my guys can fight. At least the bars filled fast, so there wasn't too much of a wait.

- There were several enemies who had quite a high HP count, and although in the description of the game it says: "Bored of combat? Don't worry! Level up through sidequests and world exploration, it's all up to you", I still had to fight my way through the demo to get around, which got a little boring. Am not a big fan of battles anyway, and when a game starts with enemies left, right and centre, who all need to be defeated, and some who have a high HP count, it's no fun for me.

What I liked:
- Finding little notes with little hints on them.

- Having a character with me who sells stuff to me any time I need something.

- Enemies are visible. Very important to me.

Neutral

Am neither for nor against the LGBTQ (goodness, how many more letters will there be added to it?) characters, but prefer just a straight-forward game with a neutral group of characters. Neither this way or that, and with no love stories attached.

--- --- ---

I have a question: At the beginning of the game it said that not everything is shown, and I can't do everything, but I can use the whole map. Will I be able to continue from where I last saved in the demo or will I have to start again?

Thanks for reading.
Valdy
Explorer

Postby ZuluKat » Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:03 pm

Cute game! One problem, after purchasing played til I completed blue flower quest then became invisible. B.'s character is no longer visible on screen. Tapped too quickly after completion of quest to know if this is planned or not. I need enlightenment to know please. Thanks! Ok, replayed and now game is frozen in the I think Angel path near the 4 crabs. I also retried the Flora's flower shop with blue flowers a couple times more and still invisible. Another area is the cabin below Tom's cabin that opened before when I played demo. Now it doesn't open. It's the cabin with no sign. I really don't like being a beta tester unless I'm doing that before game is released...I have come to realize not to purchase now until updates are released. A little disappointed since I like the game. +::sos
ZuluKat
Explorer

Postby ZuluKat » Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:01 pm

Ok, now I have a bug to report. Range error, failed to create...out of memory at Image Data creation. I've got a screen shot of it but couldn't post it here.
ZuluKat
Explorer

Postby Indinera » Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:09 pm

I've sent an email to the dev, hope he'll show up.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby ZuluKat » Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:33 pm

Thanks, so much!
ZuluKat
Explorer

Postby Angie90 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:14 pm

So, I wanted to buy this game at first but thankfully I waited a bit since it looks like not-beta tested games are the norm on Aldorlea...Looks like most developers don't care anymore about the quality of their games, even though the prices for this kind of quality should be lower. It's a shame that the publisher also seems to not care enough to check the quality of the products he's selling. The games should at least be playable and not get beta tested by customers that have already paid for a completely functional game. The only developers that I am fully content with so far are, OrfeasGameStudio and JKWEATH . Also the Ulitma Adventum game dev seemed promising and willing to improve... +::Annoyed
Angie90
Peasant

Postby HRTDRN » Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:27 am

Angie90 wrote:So, I wanted to buy this game at first but thankfully I waited a bit since it looks like not-beta tested games are the norm on Aldorlea...Looks like most developers don't care anymore about the quality of their games, even though the prices for this kind of quality should be lower. It's a shame that the publisher also seems to not care enough to check the quality of the products he's selling. The games should at least be playable and not get beta tested by customers that have already paid for a completely functional game. The only developers that I am fully content with so far are, OrfeasGameStudio and JKWEATH . Also the Ulitma Adventum game dev seemed promising and willing to improve... +::Annoyed

Hello!! I'm really sorry I replied so late, I did not receive the email. I will get back to you tomorrow.
HRTDRN
Peasant

Postby HRTDRN » Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:28 am

ZuluKat wrote:Thanks, so much!

Hey, I'm so sorry I'm replying late, I'll get back to you tomorrow.
HRTDRN
Peasant

Postby HRTDRN » Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:30 am

HRTDRN wrote:
Angie90 wrote:So, I wanted to buy this game at first but thankfully I waited a bit since it looks like not-beta tested games are the norm on Aldorlea...Looks like most developers don't care anymore about the quality of their games, even though the prices for this kind of quality should be lower. It's a shame that the publisher also seems to not care enough to check the quality of the products he's selling. The games should at least be playable and not get beta tested by customers that have already paid for a completely functional game. The only developers that I am fully content with so far are, OrfeasGameStudio and JKWEATH . Also the Ulitma Adventum game dev seemed promising and willing to improve... +::Annoyed

I'm working on fixing this as we speak, I did bugtest that game and did not have that issue. I really love and care about this game so much, and all I want to do is provide an excellent experience for the player. Sorry.
HRTDRN
Peasant

Postby HRTDRN » Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:04 am

Valdy wrote:Hello Developer !!

I just finished the 45-minute demo, and liked it.

What I didn't like:
- The minute countdown right there in the top middle of the screen. Would have preferred it in the corner, and with just the minute and second counter, but not the last part that races down non-stop.

- Not a fan of having to wait for the bar to fill before my guys can fight. At least the bars filled fast, so there wasn't too much of a wait.

- There were several enemies who had quite a high HP count, and although in the description of the game it says: "Bored of combat? Don't worry! Level up through sidequests and world exploration, it's all up to you", I still had to fight my way through the demo to get around, which got a little boring. Am not a big fan of battles anyway, and when a game starts with enemies left, right and centre, who all need to be defeated, and some who have a high HP count, it's no fun for me.

What I liked:
- Finding little notes with little hints on them.

- Having a character with me who sells stuff to me any time I need something.

- Enemies are visible. Very important to me.

Neutral

Am neither for nor against the LGBTQ (goodness, how many more letters will there be added to it?) characters, but prefer just a straight-forward game with a neutral group of characters. Neither this way or that, and with no love stories attached.

--- --- ---

I have a question: At the beginning of the game it said that not everything is shown, and I can't do everything, but I can use the whole map. Will I be able to continue from where I last saved in the demo or will I have to start again?

Thanks for reading.

Thank you so much for the feedback! At the moment, you do have to start the game over again, I apologize. I'm working on trying to have the data transfer onto the demo into the full game as we speak.
HRTDRN
Peasant

Rainbow Dawn: Dev Update

Postby HRTDRN » Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:51 am

Hello folks! I just wanted to apologize for some of the bugs that were found in Rainbow Dawn. While I did have people playtest the game, errors do show up, and I do believe that there may have been an issue with the version that got sent out, as it may not have some of the recent bug fixes that I made.

I'm also sorry I didn't reply sooner to all of this, I was working today, and was not aware that the game had come out on the site today, which was my fault.

I apologize deeply for the issues that people have had. It's my fault, and I take full responsibility for the issues, especially considering the fact that the game costs money. I understand that when you pay for a game, there's no excuse for it not working or having glitches, and again, I apologize.
I will be working hard once I wake up tomorrow to fix any of the bugs that you may encounter while playing Rainbow Dawn, but I do want to make 2 points:

1: Please try and close other programs while playing the game. Rainbow Dawn is fairly graphically intensive, and some of the bugs (especially the ones in regards to the game crashing), can be caused by having too many programs open at once.

2: If you would like to talk to me directly, you can message me on Discord here: @ heartdrain (Jake!)#4123, where I can help you directly with any bug fixes or issues you are having with the game.

Again, I'm deeply sorry for the issues. I tested the game to the best of my abilities, but there's really no excuse for what happened, and I understand if you do not want to purchase the game as a result. I do plan on releasing future free content updates to Rainbow Dawn that I will post about later, but first, I'm going to get all of these issues resolved.

I did some artwork for the games launch that I would like to share here, I've been really looking forward to the release for a long, long time.Image

I hope everyone has a wonderful day (or night), and I'll see you soon.
HRTDRN
Peasant

Postby Indinera » Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:19 am

It's a shame that the publisher also seems to not care enough to check the quality of the products he's selling.

I don't have time to do this. Do you realize I make my own games as well as maintaining this website?
Big gaming portals (10000x bigger than mine) do NOT check the quality of the products they are selling and you would want ME, a solo dev who is doing everything by myself, to do that?
It's the job of the developer to make sure their games are fully playable. And many games, even from AAA companies, ARE released with bugs. Stop pretending it only happens here. Patches and bug fixes for released games are the norm everywhere. If anything, here everything is generally fixed in 1 day because I'm very responsive and fast at contacting devs. Like I did yesterday and like I did with the previous game. I also have threads for every released game so players can communicate easily with devs. Not many "small" gaming portal have this feature, so you could at least be a bit grateful for it.

Besides I don't recall my latest release Forever Heroes not being properly beta-tested. Yet apparently I'm not even in the devs you're "fully content with", so... it's glad to feel appreciated, isn't it?... +::surrender

The games should at least be playable and not get beta tested by customers that have already paid for a completely functional game.

Yes they should but you could say the same thing about every other portal on the Net +::Dunno
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Valdy » Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:30 am

Try not to let some of what is said get to you, Indi. (((huggies)))

I often find that the bugs some gamers complain about, I don't seem to get. I had no problems getting through the demo uninterrupted.

And just wanted to add that this is my favourite site when it comes to old-school RPGs. You are doing an excellent job keeping things on track, and getting things sorted out, and there aren't many sites where this happens.

Hello HRTDRN...

Thank you for your replies, and please don't apologise so much. You can't make it right for everyone. :)
Valdy
Explorer

Postby Indinera » Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:12 am

Thank you, Valdy +::kiss
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Next

Return to Games from other Developers