Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

The Witch Doctor

Re: New RPG: The Witch Doctor

Postby blumyst » Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:34 pm

Indinera wrote:Which engine is it again?
Because I made Forever Heroes in MV and my upcoming Night of the Stars will be in MZ... I think Celestial Hearts was also MZ.

Your forever heroes runs great on this computer Indy!
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

Postby ZuluKat » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:14 pm

Valdy wrote:I am really enjoying the game. Just 2 things:

1. The price of items is rather excessive. In Deepsnow Village, the first place where you can buy things, the potions and armour cost far too much, considering how little money I have in the beginning.

2. Quite a lot of words are misspelled. I don't mind too much, but it shows that it hasn't been checked properly.

I really have to agree with the price of items since gold received on kills is really nothing. Spelling same only I mind a little. Still playing demo, going to wait to purchase in case of updates being made (like cost of equipment and potions, hint hint lol) But it's good to see a new game from you! :)
Oh, full screen would be nice also.
ZuluKat
Explorer

Postby Angie90 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:15 pm

I downloaded the demo and I gotta say I agree with the others. The gold seems way too low to buy anything. I also missed the chest in the castle with the gold (but got it later so it's ok), yet I couldn't buy much. The spelling mistakes are all over the place, it needs a lot of proofreading. But I loved the dragon age and witcher mix up in the story, seems very interesting. Also, I understand that this type of mapping is the developers aesthetic but sometimes I wish there would be a little more going on, some rooms were completely empty. I have a question on that matter
Spoiler: show
in the first village, in the houses, there's a room with stairs that go up yet the door doesn't open, is it a feature that you unlock later on?
The characters seemed fun and the cutscenes were very interesting! Hope to see a fullscreen option tho!
Angie90
Peasant

Postby Del » Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:02 am

Hello everyone!

Hmm... I'll have a look at the gold ratio issue and update it if neccessary.

You can toggle full screen by hitting F4!
Del
Bounty Hunter

Postby jkweath » Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:05 pm

For anyone wanting to get around the "Failed to Initialize Graphics" bug, you can try following these steps:

1. Navigate to the folder your game is installed at
2. Find the file called "Package" and open it in Notepad. You may need to right click it and select "Open with..."
3. Using Notepad, add this line of code to the Package file:

Code: Select all
"chromium-args": "--enable-webgl --ignore-gpu-blacklist",

Here is a screenshot of what it should look like:

https://imgur.com/a/ELBSdcz

4. Close the Package file and try running the game.

More than likely the game will still run too slow to be playable (as IIRC anyone who encounters this error doesn't have a PC capable of playing MZ games, though MV will still work fine), but it might still be worth a shot. MZ did recently have an update that greatly improved the performance of its animations, so that might help--*assuming* Del used the updated version with The Witch Doctor.

blumyst wrote:
Del wrote:It's RPG Maker MZ.

I can run forever heroes on my computer so I dont see what the problem is

TBH I don't have a good answer since I'm not a programmer. My understanding is that it mostly has to do with MZ's new Effekseer animation system (which is completely different from MV's. Forever Heroes is an MV game, The Witch Doctor/The Damathos Clan/Celestial Hearts are MZ). Effekseer requires your GPU be WebGL-compliant. (This is why the line of code above works sometimes, BTW) The vast majority of modern PCs won't have a problem, but some older or less powerful PCs might not meet the requirements.
jkweath
Bard

Postby alan1340 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:23 pm

How many hours is the game
alan1340
Peasant

Postby ZuluKat » Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:53 pm

Del wrote:

Thanks!
ZuluKat
Explorer

Postby Del » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:27 pm

jkweath wrote:For anyone wanting to get around the "Failed to Initialize Graphics" bug, you can try following these steps:

2. Find the file called "Package" and open it in Notepad. You may need to right click it and select "Open with..."

More than likely the game will still run too slow to be playable (as IIRC anyone who encounters this error doesn't have a PC capable of playing MZ games, though MV will still work fine), but it might still be worth a shot. MZ did recently have an update that greatly improved the performance of its animations, so that might help--*assuming* Del used the updated version with The Witch Doctor.

blumyst wrote:

TBH I don't have a good answer since I'm not a programmer. My understanding is that it mostly has to do with MZ's new Effekseer animation system (which is completely different from MV's. Forever Heroes is an MV game, The Witch Doctor/The Damathos Clan/Celestial Hearts are MZ). Effekseer requires your GPU be WebGL-compliant. (This is why the line of code above works sometimes, BTW) The vast majority of modern PCs won't have a problem, but some older or less powerful PCs might not meet the requirements.

Thanks for your help with this, I really appreciate it.

alan1340 wrote:How many hours is the game

I'd say it goes from 10 to 15 hours long. Maybe less, maybe more, depending on what type of player you are.

ZuluKat wrote:
Del wrote:

Thanks!

Enjoy!
Del
Bounty Hunter

Postby Del » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:35 pm

A new build with adjusted items and equipment cost has been uploaded!
Del
Bounty Hunter

Postby blumyst » Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:16 pm

jkweath wrote:For anyone wanting to get around the "Failed to Initialize Graphics" bug, you can try following these steps:

blumyst wrote:

That worked great I can run the demo now, Thankyou!
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

Postby Del » Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:56 pm

Nice! Have fun!

@jkweath thank you very much!
Del
Bounty Hunter

Postby jkweath » Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:00 pm

Del wrote:

Nice! Have fun!

@jkweath thank you very much!

No problem. I'd be interested in hearing from Blumyst on how the game runs, though.

For The Witch Doctor, did you use the latest MZ update that improved animation performance?
jkweath
Bard

Postby Del » Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:20 pm

I believe so, yes.
Del
Bounty Hunter

Postby disneath » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:26 pm

Is anyone else playing this game? I am so stuck and need help. I have just completed the Temple of Night & the Shrine of Azule. The next shrine is Rakasha. When I exit the Temple I'm in the clearing facing Phantom Trail. Is that the way out? I can't get anywhere in it. I even bought the guide which was no help. All the guide says is: "exit the temple and board the ship." Could someone please tell me how. I just bought the game a couple of days ago & was really enjoying it until now.
disneath
Bard

Postby polarbr » Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:06 am

Just finished the game and I have to say that was a short one and I think it's over priced. Not much to explore and there a very few side quest, no secret rooms and under developed locations. I did appreciate the ability to find more gold that what folks were saying at first, but even the offerings at the stores were very limited. I'm sure this took a lot of time, but I just wasn't impressed for $20.
polarbr
Wanderer

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers