Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

The Witch Doctor

Re: New RPG: The Witch Doctor

Postby Del » Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:53 am

disneath wrote:Is anyone else playing this game? I am so stuck and need help. I have just completed the Temple of Night & the Shrine of Azule. The next shrine is Rakasha. When I exit the Temple I'm in the clearing facing Phantom Trail. Is that the way out? I can't get anywhere in it. I even bought the guide which was no help. All the guide says is: "exit the temple and board the ship." Could someone please tell me how. I just bought the game a couple of days ago & was really enjoying it until now.

Yep, you must leave going back through Phantom Trail, so exit the Temple, enter Phantom Trail, at the intersections you should go south, south, east and south, respectively. That's the way out, and then you board the ship and head west to the Desertic Island.
Del
Bounty Hunter

Postby poshpaws » Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:55 am

Can you get paid for proofreading scripts? British English is my first language and I would be able to check for spelling and grammar. The errors can be irritating and spoil the flow of the game?
poshpaws
Bard

Postby Del » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:31 pm

poshpaws wrote:Can you get paid for proofreading scripts? British English is my first language and I would be able to check for spelling and grammar. The errors can be irritating and spoil the flow of the game?

I'll send you a PM!
Del
Bounty Hunter

Postby ZuluKat » Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:05 pm

Finished game at just under 7 hours...I really liked this game but was expecting a little bit longer game play for $20. The skills were pretty original although I thought Lua's skills were weak for being a witch. Just my thoughts since she does seem to be the main character. Funny how in Aldorlea games I don't forget characters names or deeds accomplished yet for some reason these characters just don't have the means to be "noteworthy" not meant in a bad way. I just think perhaps better character development or more interaction of a noteworthy level. I do love your games. Glad Posh offered editing of script since I was going to offer also as I've been doing that for VN games.
Also, some top tier weapons for characters would be nice...like a golden dragon sword or claw...some things to actually search for instead of basic back drop of town's houses and woods, secret rooms and such would be a good additive in future games. I realize this takes more time in game building and less quick output. In the long run I think I would pay more for a game that offers more replay and challenge. This is just my opinion though. :)
ZuluKat
Explorer

Postby Del » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:20 pm

Thank you for your honest feedback, I'll work on the things you mentioned.

As for the weapons, there are secret weapons in The Witch Doctor, one for each character. You just gotta look for them... :)
Del
Bounty Hunter

Postby MerryX » Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:48 am

I have just finished the game too in around 7 hours and would agree with the feedback so far. For me the exchange rate meant I paid $40.00 (AUS) which I think is really steep for the play time. However, I like your games, started playing the DEMO and was enjoying it, so sucked it up...

I missed finding the secret weapons - did note the island but forgot to go back for them once I had the deep water ship +::cry Still managed to prevail with lesser weapons +::Dance

A few things I did miss was as ZuluKat mentioned a bit more story and character development, more side quests, and a few secret rooms and finding items in other places than chests would have really added to my enjoyment. One thing I really struggled with was TP evaporating after every fight. Even equipping to retain it or speed up collection failed to help so there were these tantalising Special or Magic talents I could hardly ever use!

Overall a good game and ran smoothly for me - thank you :)

MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby Del » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:44 am

I'm glad you liked it.
And as always, I'll work on the next games considering your valuable feedback.

Adding items in spots other than chests is a great suggestion, I'll have fun doing that. +::biggrin
Del
Bounty Hunter

Postby disneath » Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:40 pm

Agree with Polarbr Finished the game in just over 9 hours and that's going back to a scene to make sure all monsters were eliminated and chests found. It was pricey at $27.00 Canadian plus another $10 for the guide which skipped over a lot. I enjoyed it and liked the graphics, but did wish it were longer with more side quests and there could have been more shrines.
disneath
Bard

Postby Del » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:36 am

Glad to know you enjoyed it. I'll work on more side-content for the next games then! :)
Del
Bounty Hunter

Postby jincyk » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:57 pm

Sav file from the demo did not attach to the full app, so I have to start again. I have tried locating the demo sav file but could not. This is annoying.
jincyk
Explorer

Postby Del » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:27 pm

That's a feature I have yet to implement in my games using this engine, I'll have that done for the next one or even an update for the Witch Doctor. I hope that doesn't keep you from enjoying the game.
Del
Bounty Hunter

Postby blumyst » Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:17 am

Del,
I bought the game and the guide, I was curious to see if jkweath's code would work o nthe game and it did.
Im able top play the game and its not really to slow. Having fun with it. Guess I have to look for more things
cause somoen in your board said the guide skipped over some things, It takers longer than that am,ount of hours.
Thanks for a good game. I'm glad to see you got some good people giving you feedback and also good peoplewho
help others!
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

Postby Del » Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:45 am

It's nice to know you're liking the game!
And any feedback you may have as well will be appreciated. :)
Del
Bounty Hunter

Postby blumyst » Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:47 pm

I looked for the pistol and never did find it! where should I have looked at?
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

Postby Del » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:06 am

Pistol?
Del
Bounty Hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers