Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Duke's monocle

Duke's monocle

Postby txmimi » Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:26 pm

I'm ready to begin chapter 12 of LF3 and have been trying since LF2 to get Cindy fast enough to open the chest in the thief's guild in order to get the Duke's monocle. She is level 41 and I've been trying to boost her speed as much as I can, but without success. How can she get fast enough?
txmimi
Mercenary

Re: Duke's monocle

Postby Seraphus » Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:55 pm

txmimi wrote:I'm ready to begin chapter 12 of LF3 and have been trying since LF2 to get Cindy fast enough to open the chest in the thief's guild in order to get the Duke's monocle. She is level 41 and I've been trying to boost her speed as much as I can, but without success. How can she get fast enough?

She can't. You need to finish the thieves' guild for the final thievery points.
You need a 65+ thievery points, MAYBE this is doable with absolute bonkers speed, but I sure haven't managed that.
Seraphus
Mercenary

Postby Kale » Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:24 am

I'm not sure what equipment or options LF3 brings to the table, but here is a bit of extra information on the topic:

Spoiler: show
18pts: Steal Points: Reward from the Thieves' Guild, LF1 exclusive; Chapter 3.
8-12pts: Primo Hat: 'Head' armor for Cindy, LF1 exclusive.
1-3pts: Luck Ring: 'Other' equipment for Random

The Primo Hat and Luck ring offer a random bonus. The two together will give you anywhere from 9-15 thievery on any given attempt, so you'll need to try a few times to get the max result. To reach 65 thievery though, you'll need to boost Cindy's SP stat considerably. Equip the best SP+ items you have on Cindy, but stick with the 'Fast Shoes' 'other' equipment if you have it; it's better in the long run. Inflict the werewolf condition on her first, using Brussian's 'Werewolf Bite' skill (Learned at Lv. 56). Then inflict her with the energy burn condition using Tarabulla's 'Energy Burn' skill.

Assuming you have the steal points from LF1, and get the full 15 thievery bonus from the Primo Hat and Luck Ring; Cindy will need ~2740+SP to succeed. Without the primo hat, but still using the Luck Ring, Cindy will need ~3900+SP to succeed. These numbers are approximate though, and may vary. Cindy will ideally need to be level 50+ for this. Although you can also use some of your stat boosting items to buffer her speed stat.

The short version is Cindy needs to be level 50 (On normal difficulty) with every bonus, the absolute best equipment possible (as of LF2), and energy burn and werewolf bite to succeed in LF2. Or you can use permanent speed boosting items on her to reach 65 steal earlier than level 50.

Laxius Force 3 may have added extra equipment for Cindy that gives a larger flat speed boost, or conveys a status effect with a speed boost, allowing her to reach 65 thievery at a lower level than 50 perhaps? Of note, the Tyrant mask gives a big speed boost if you don't have the Primo Hat, and either the fast shoes or capul ring may still be your best accessory option? Beyond that, you might check what new LF3 weapons are available (Better than Linderitz Scimitar), and especially check her new shield and armor options as she had very few good options in LF2 for those two equipment slots.
Kale
Explorer

Postby Seraphus » Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:40 pm

To wrap the topic up, the exact math seems to be:
Cindy's Speed / 10 + Cindy's level / 10 + Thievery + [Random 12-15] For thief stealth, + [Random 8-12] for the primo hat + [Random 1-3] for the luck ring.

Assuming you need 65 (which you do) that makes 12+3+18 as stated before, which means you need 33 points from the AGI/Level. The formula seems to go -> 3000 speed / 10 = 300 + 50 (level) = 350 / 10 = 35. The minimum exact speed she will need at level 50 is 2800 flat. Every single level she gains from there on boosts her speed by averagely 7 points and 1 level (obviously) so that:
At level 50, 2800 speed suffices.
At level 60, 2700 speed suffices.
At level 70, 2600 speed suffices.

Alternatively you just wait till you have the thievery from the thieves guild, at which point your max stealing bonus is 55.
Seraphus
Mercenary

Postby txmimi » Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:33 pm

Thank you all so much! I will persevere with all your tips in mind.
txmimi
Mercenary

Return to Maps & Walkthroughs (to be updated)