Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Gaes cave?

Gaes cave?

Postby txmimi » Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:13 pm

I'm in Chapter 12 and just returned from Kondler. Walkthrough says to go back to the fire mage cave where you'll find the barrier to the gaes cave removed, so you need to kill the gaes. If the barrier looks like a wooden box, then it's still in place. How do I get to the gaes cave?
txmimi
Mercenary

Re: Gaes cave?

Postby Seraphus » Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:08 pm

txmimi wrote:I'm in Chapter 12 and just returned from Kondler. Walkthrough says to go back to the fire mage cave where you'll find the barrier to the gaes cave removed, so you need to kill the gaes. If the barrier looks like a wooden box, then it's still in place. How do I get to the gaes cave?

Square Tower, finis hthe guild stuff, there'll be a guild master all the way down (indicated by blue arrows going down) who should take you there.

The barrier _is_ removed at some point, though, but I'm not 100% sure when.
Seraphus
Mercenary

Postby txmimi » Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:57 pm

Well, I long ago went through all the people at the Square Tower and the fish woman took me to a gaes cave that had two bulls. I tried multiple times but couldn't kill them. Maybe that's why the barrier is still there? At this point in the game, though, the fish woman doesn't mention it any more. I'm thinking that I tried it too soon and now I can't gt to it.
txmimi
Mercenary

Postby txmimi » Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:58 pm

Does anyone know of a way to get into the gaes cave after the square tower is closed?
txmimi
Mercenary

Postby Lady JJ » Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:31 pm

txmimi wrote:Does anyone know of a way to get into the gaes cave after the square tower is closed?

Take the transport to the Southern Lands. Head to Solwan and then west to Land of 1001 Lakes, the large intersection with all the anacondas and signs. Instead of continuing west to the Square Tower, head north to a screen, then northwest to a screen, then west to a cave. Inside is a fire mage. You should be able to travel over the south bridges to the areas where the ancient gaes reside. That's my recollection anyway.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby txmimi » Fri Apr 28, 2023 2:36 am

Lady JJ, according to the walkthrough, your description is exactly right. My problem is that the walkway to the bridge and down into the cave with the gaes is still blocked with a wooden box. Apparently, by now the box is supposed to be gone and I'm wondering if it's still there because I wasn't able to kill the first two gaes that were in the game.
txmimi
Mercenary

Postby Seraphus » Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:54 am

txmimi wrote:Lady JJ, according to the walkthrough, your description is exactly right. My problem is that the walkway to the bridge and down into the cave with the gaes is still blocked with a wooden box. Apparently, by now the box is supposed to be gone and I'm wondering if it's still there because I wasn't able to kill the first two gaes that were in the game.

Simply put:

- Talk to Sandra. This sets the quest's variable to 10, if you haven't touched a single Gaes.
- Once it's at 10, the box disappears.

It is impossible for this to be bugged.

The Key is gotten from _starting_ the necromogon quest.

Are you sure you actually spoke to Sandra about all these quests? Silly as it sounds, it's easy to reload and forget.
Seraphus
Mercenary

Postby txmimi » Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:22 pm

Seraphus, you were exactly right! I had gotten the quest and key from Sandra but apparently it wasn't in my current save. All done now! Thanks!
txmimi
Mercenary

Postby Seraphus » Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:34 am

txmimi wrote:Seraphus, you were exactly right! I had gotten the quest and key from Sandra but apparently it wasn't in my current save. All done now! Thanks!

The magic of "been there, done that" :)
Seraphus
Mercenary

Return to Maps & Walkthroughs (to be updated)