Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Map of Deport and other questions

Map of Deport and other questions

Postby pafpearl » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:19 pm

It has been so long since I played games I and II that I can't recall where anything is! For example, I have Skohar, but have no idea how to return to the Undead Guild or even where it is located. I saw somewhere that you can just ask Leni the Harpie but she will only take me to the Fire Guild which is presently closed.

Is there a general map of the Deport available? And is there any way to get from one place to another place without walking?

Also I finally figured out that I can only use the Pachemi (sp?) map and the Guth map at
Spoiler: show
the Fighter's Guild,
even though it doesn't specify this anywhere. Those hornets are never ending! I'll save that for a rainy day because it is getting boring. They aren't too hard to kill, see spoiler:

just have Luci learn Sarah's Emerald spell and they both do between 1500 and 2500 damage. Random keeps helaing

As for Guth I can't get in the castle. Do I have to redownload the entire game or is there a patch? Also if I redownload the game then what do I do? Uninstall the first download? What about my save files?

Any help appreciated!
pafpearl
Bard

Re: Map of Deport and other questions

Postby seeliewight » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:29 pm

pafpearl wrote:It has been so long since I played games I and II that I can't recall where anything is! For example, I have Skohar, but have no idea how to return to the Undead Guild or even where it is located. I saw somewhere that you can just ask Leni the Harpie but she will only take me to the Fire Guild which is presently closed.

Is there a general map of the Deport available? And is there any way to get from one place to another place without walking?

Also I finally figured out that I can only use the Pachemi (sp?) map and the Guth map at
the Fighter's Guild,
even though it doesn't specify this anywhere. Those hornets are never ending! I'll save that for a rainy day because it is getting boring. They aren't too hard to kill, see spoiler:

just have Luci learn Sarah's Emerald spell and they both do between 1500 and 2500 damage. Random keeps helaing

As for Guth I can't get in the castle. Do I have to redownload the entire game or is there a patch? Also if I redownload the game then what do I do? Uninstall the first download? What about my save files?

Any help appreciated!

1. Undead Guild can also go via Wendala's house. Its below Leni, go around to the house on the right (need Wendala in party to enter)

2. No way to go around without walking, sorry. This is a long game, I have 400 hours on it at the end of LF3 (this includes LF1 and LF2, and does NOT include countless reloads, replays, etc.)

3. Since we got the maps at the Fighter's Guild, I think we are expected to use them immediately. Anyway, you figured it out :)

3. Hornets - use Cocka's Firestorm spell, wipes them out en-masse. There must be details on this quest in the LF2 walkthrough. You must kill the hornet queen for the hornets to stop, else they will respawn.

4. Guth - I don't remember - I did this quest in LF2. I didn't have any trouble though...

5. No patches, you must download the full game (and uninstall the previous version before installing this, your savefiles are kept)
seeliewight
Explorer

Postby SurferGranny » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:32 pm

Also, there are maps in the LF1 & !! forums for a lot of the places. Also maps of the main quest in LFIII in the guide. Sidequest maps for LFIII are coming soon, I hope. RL keeps interferring! +::lol
ImageImageImage
I'm a member of an Aldorea Menage. Want more info? Click here
SurferGranny
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby pafpearl » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:45 am

Thank you both-I am going to try to get to Undead Guild right now!
pafpearl
Bard

Postby Indinera » Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:19 am

SurferGranny wrote:Also, there are maps in the LF1 & !! forums for a lot of the places. Also maps of the main quest in LFIII in the guide. Sidequest maps for LFIII are coming soon, I hope. RL keeps interferring! +::lol

it should be awesome, and your avatar is also awesome lol
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby pafpearl » Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:29 pm

Got to Undead Guild-TY! Now need more help:

1) Where is Kenezzer Guard and how to get there?

2) need Oxuralis from Mage Guild. It says to
"steal from bag near INT seminary girl."
What does this mean? Will it become clearer once I access the Oghmar Guild?

3) Secret Guild-WOW! No idea what is happening there!!!

4) How do I get back to snowy lands-or does that happen automatically after sleeping at the Inn?
pafpearl
Bard

Postby hannah sage » Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:39 pm

pafpearl wrote:Got to Undead Guild-TY! Now need more help:

1) Where is Kenezzer Guard and how to get there?

2) need Oxuralis from Mage Guild. It says to
"steal from bag near INT seminary girl."
What does this mean? Will it become clearer once I access the Oghmar Guild?

3) Secret Guild-WOW! No idea what is happening there!!!

4) How do I get back to snowy lands-or does that happen automatically after sleeping at the Inn?

1) It's on the eastern lands of adretana, you need to take the transport thingy there. First to the south, then from there to the east. I don't know if you imported; if you did, it's a cave past a bridge going north right before Moormore. If you didn't import, go to the next screen towards the right and then look for the bridge. It has a lot of speed grandmas.

2)You can only steal the thing from her if you have completed the mage guild quest first. To complete this quest you needed to find the oxuralis back in the first chapter, at the temple where it all began with xander.

3) I'm not sure about the secret guild either. I never got the quest -something about an option from the old woman at the mage guild which never showed up for me- but I solved it anyways and it gave me a quest completed thing despite never having received it. it's in petro, along the top wall.

4) Back to the snowy lands from where? What inn?
hannah sage
Mercenary

Postby pafpearl » Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:00 pm

Thanks for Guard info-I will now be able to find it!

I did get Oxuralis and give it to the Mage Guild. But where do I go now to steal it?

The Secret Guild is crazy! I have no idea of the quest answers! Anyone?

I went to the Institute the first time after Walz teleported us there. Now how do I get back there to continue the quest? Also I need to get to the Thieves Guild and can only do that from the Snowy Lands area and Mt Zulle. So how can I get back there?
pafpearl
Bard

Postby hannah sage » Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:07 pm

pafpearl wrote:Thanks for Guard info-I will now be able to find it!

I did get Oxuralis and give it to the Mage Guild. But where do I go now to steal it?

The Secret Guild is crazy! I have no idea of the quest answers! Anyone?

I went to the Institute the first time after Walz teleported us there. Now how do I get back there to continue the quest? Also I need to get to the Thieves Guild and can only do that from the Snowy Lands area and Mt Zulle. So how can I get back there?

Right there in the mage guild there's a little witch. next to her there are two brown bags. it's right there :)
But i suggest you try to do the oghma one instead, as it triggers subquests. Do not take the oxuralis quest with the item in question in your inventory for it will immediately count as a completed quest and you won't reap the benefits of either the oghma quest of the cosmepolis thing. do it only if, like me -STILL- the oghma door just won't frickin appear and you want the really good boost you get from reaching top rank at the undead guild.
hannah sage
Mercenary

Postby seeliewight » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:13 am

The boost is excellent. I think (but am not sure) that it is even better if you pump up your stats a bit. Don't forget to go back if you have new undead (or revived) characters, they also get a boost.
seeliewight
Explorer

Postby hannah sage » Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:20 pm

pafpearl wrote:I went to the Institute the first time after Walz teleported us there. Now how do I get back there to continue the quest? Also I need to get to the Thieves Guild and can only do that from the Snowy Lands area and Mt Zulle. So how can I get back there?

Back to the institute? Transport from adretana to southern lands then keep going south. There'll be a cave with a giant in it that offers you to rest -and wont charge you if askhbar is in your party btw- so go through that and follow the path to mt. zulle. go through mt. zulle and onto the institute :)

btw you can get to the thieves guild from the...harpy guild. What IS the name of that?
hannah sage
Mercenary

Postby loof123 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:58 pm

Wanderer Guild. :)
loof123
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby pafpearl » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:23 am

Found Kenenezzer Guard-TY! Will check out the brown bags at Mage Guild. TY for the advice about finishing the other quests first.

I know where the blue arrow is in the Southern Lands but Random keeps saying we don't need to go there.
And when I try to use the Thieves Guild map it says I need to be on the Eastern Rd (near the Institute I think), but I didn't try it in front of the Wanderer Guild so I will do that.

You have all been so kind-a few more questions?

1) How to catch the Moormoor zombie? He just keeps running away!

2) how to clean the Moormoor pond?

3) Where is the Harpie's friend's bundle in 1001 Lakes?

4) I see a few underwater chests in 1001 Lakes. Any way to get them? I can't remember where Marion is, I think she used to be able to teleport stuff!

5) There is no longer a bridge to the Square Tower so how do I get my discount?

6)
Why does the present disappear in the House of Vision?

Thanks again!
pafpearl
Bard

Postby loof123 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:33 pm

1)Go all the way east till you reach Moormore. First go into the house at the bottom-left. Talk to Caruhl and he will mention that he saw the zombie heading to Darmar’s. Leave, and Darmar’s house is to the right, but all that remains of him is a skull. Note that there are a number of ghosts wandering around at this point. If you equip the luck ring, there is a very small chance that they will give you either a holy water or an esclachaboom when you bump into one of them. To continue, head to the chapel and talk to Gildas. He will mention that the zombie is now wandering outside. As you wander around mid-town, roughly in the middle of all the houses, Yves will ambush you while empowered, very likely killing 1-2 members outright. Note that there is a second, hidden enemy in the fight. First, you should probably revive and put up defensive barriers as he hits quite hard. Past that, he is susceptible to Guanida's glue, and weak against fire/holy. I glued him, used metallist curse, and blasted him with fire skills till he was defeated myself. He will then ambush you again! Bring plenty of revive potions and hope you can keep him glued is all I can suggest. (If you're having trouble, you may prefer to return later with Sarah and use her Sun Boomer skill to great effect) Quest complete. Return to the fighters guild to collect a well deserved 2000 gold. If you've completed the LF1 quests for the guild, this would now grant you access to the dark manor portion of the guild, behind the door to the left. Let's finish the other guild quest first.
2)Now continue onto Moormore by going all the way right. In the bottom left corner is a pond. You should already have the quest for it if you imported the game (If not go into the inn and talk to the guy sitting at the table in the bottom right). Luciana or Tarabulla will clean it. Quest complete. Walk directly left of the pond and you should be able to just make out a chest in the water. Put Petula in your team and boost his resistance to about 500 with equipments and get him to jump in and open it for an axe of justice (Relic). Now go into the Inn and talk to Lucas and ask him about the quest. He will give you 1x holy water as a reward.
3)Go back down to the transports. Go to the southern lands. First up go to the area outside the giants cave and go left. Check the water above the chest to get Petula to jump in and open the chest for 3251 gold. Now go back to the transports and then transport to the east land. Put Petula in your team and then walk forward a bit. In the first lake you will see a chest. Stand directly above it and Petula will jump in and get 1x ice cake and exp for Petula. Now walk forward a bit more and in the next lake above you is a parcel you can just see in the water. Stand directly below it and Petula will jump in and get the lost bundle. Quest complete. When you return to the guild of the wanderer you will get 500 gold and 120 GWP.

They are all from LFII walkthrough. So they might have changed.
loof123
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby pafpearl » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:28 pm

thank you so much for the detailed explanations! Looking forward to getting back to the game!
pafpearl
Bard

Next

Return to Maps & Walkthroughs (to be updated)