Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Arena Guide

Re: Arena Guide

Postby wildorchid7 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:08 am

The Arena Guide is a terrific help!...Great job and thank you, Puzzled! :) I did some experimenting with a couple of the weaker characters (i.e.Petula, Alexandra). I put a lot of characters thru the arena during Chapter 12 and won with all except for Oglong and Daryl:

Alexandra at level 73 (normal mode):
Equipment: Sanctum Words, Yveen Triangular Shield, Brain Dazzler Ultimate, Formalhaut Mail, Double Trion...used Wizard's Revenge and healed as needed in between each round-made sure to teach her a healing spell and Storm of the Century...Rounds 1-4 used Storm of the Century and Round 5 physical attack(s) worked best. I used her fireball skill first and it only did around 200 damage so decided to try the physical attacks which were around 500 damage. IMO, physical attacks worked best against Linda with this set-up. Arena Reward: Nautilea Crown

Petula at level 75 (normal mode):
Equipment: Rotten Fruit, Coelacanthe Scale, Feather d'An, Vizir Skin, Baretta's Special (Baretta's Special is one of my favorite pieces of equipment)...SAVE.
...used Kabadaboom (reload until you get max HP) and Tigo Reagants until HP was at 750. Did NOT zombify Petula or use any other boosts. Physical Attack all rounds, heal as needed during and in between rounds. It can be (and was) done!!
Arena Reward: Nautilea Coral

Still working on Oglong and Daryl tho':) Once again, thank you for taking the time to put out this guide--I am sure that there are many others, like me, who appreciate this guide. +::Thumbup
wildorchid7
Wanderer

Postby ilsepants » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:22 pm

wildorchid7 wrote:
Equipment: Sanctum Words, Yveen Triangular Shield, Brain Dazzler Ultimate, Formalhaut Mail, Double Trion...used Wizard's Revenge and healed as needed in between each round-made sure to teach her a healing spell and Storm of the Century...Rounds 1-4 used Storm of the Century and Round 5 physical attack(s) worked best. I used her fireball skill first and it only did around 200 damage so decided to try the physical attacks which were around 500 damage. IMO, physical attacks worked best against Linda with this set-up. Arena Reward: Nautilea Crown

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I never thought to physical attack with her! I was getting to the point (with Alex at level 99) where I was going to give up because that stupid fire spell missed more than it hit. I'm also playing on normal mode so I thought it was never going to happen. This saved my sanity! +::Thumbup +::Thumbup +::Thumbup
ilsepants
Explorer

Postby kanifer » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:28 am

where did you get Sanctum Words?

:-D
kanifer
Mercenary

Postby ilsepants » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:19 pm

I think it was in chapter 11. Check the walkthrough for that chapter. You get it from Baretta. At one point you leave her shop and return several times for different and AWESOME equipment.
ilsepants
Explorer

Postby wildorchid7 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:37 pm

ilsepants wrote:
wildorchid7 wrote:

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I never thought to physical attack with her! I was getting to the point (with Alex at level 99) where I was going to give up because that stupid fire spell missed more than it hit. I'm also playing on normal mode so I thought it was never going to happen. This saved my sanity! +::Thumbup +::Thumbup +::Thumbup

Glad I could help +::biggrin I have managed to win the Arena with all the characters, except for Oglong :(, and the ones I did not revive. I don't believe I will be able to even though he is at level 99 as his Resistance isn't even close to 1400, (unless I am EXTREMELY lucky), which prob would have been a great help...(sigh) ....next time around, I will definitely use permanent stat boosters on him having to do with resistance, unless anyone has any tips or tricks they used???
wildorchid7
Wanderer

Postby wildorchid7 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:44 pm

Cassiopeia wrote:
puzzled wrote:29. Oglong

Probably the most difficult. He was my last character, so I used every RS and HP item boost on him. After that, it was an easy win. Do not attempt under level 85 or so. Before that the wolf will destroy you. At level 85 he can take the 2 hits
without dying (unless critical). Blood splash the wolf, paralyze the orc, then I think infected bite Linda to death. I had
like 1700 hp and 1300 RS so linda was barely scratching me. I'm not sure it's doable without stat boosters. He can heal for free in between fights. (don't zombify him, he needs his spells)

Wow, I really did it! And it only took me four attempts! Never would have expected that. I thought I'd try for hours now, but it seems I was very lucky!
And yes, it IS doable without stat boosters. My stinky Oglong was at lv 99 (leveled him quite fast at the Crystal Zapoo Cave) but I gave no booster at all to him. I just followed the strategy recommended by puzzled (thanks for it!!!!!). Only Linda I beat another way. She's also paralyzable and I was lucky enough to get her paralyzed the first time I tried.
Yippiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiie!!!!! +::Dance +::YAY +::Thumbup +::biggrin

So there is hope for Oglong...that is good to know...he is my last character I need to win with and so far I have made it to Linda but have been extremely unlucky...will keep trying... :) Does anyone know if Claria learns any new spells other than the spells learned through fusion at the Mage Guild? Just curious as she is I only have her at level 61 currently...
wildorchid7
Wanderer

Postby wildorchid7 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:24 am

So there is hope for Oglong...that is good to know...he is my last character I need to win with and so far I have made it to Linda but have been extremely unlucky...will keep trying...

WOOHOO!!!! I finally won the Arena with Oglong (after about 2 hours of frustration) +::Dance So yes, it CAN be done without stat boosters...just requires perseverence, LOTS of patience, and LUCK!

Oglong's stats were as follows:

Level 99... 785 HP ... 434 MP ... AT 385... PD 244 ... MD 215... STR 288 ... RS 447 ... SP 297 ... MND 749

Strategy used: Round 1-2, physical attacks; Round 3 Blood Splash; Round 4 used Bone Breaker on Orc (paralysis/demolition); used Entropy on Linda (this spell inflicts one, several, or any of the following: madness, paralysis, shrinkage, sleep, debility, poison, pox, +3 hits). I found this spell to be more effective than the Bone Breaker spell ... once luck was on my side +::lol. Now that I am done with the Arena, I can move on! +::YAY
wildorchid7
Wanderer

Postby Indinera » Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:20 pm

awesome job, congratz! ^^
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby wildorchid7 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:24 pm

ilsepants wrote:I think it was in chapter 11. Check the walkthrough for that chapter. You get it from Baretta. At one point you leave her shop and return several times for different and AWESOME equipment.

Sanctum Words is found at Baretta's Shop in Chapter 12. For those who like to have at least one of everything, or all of the limited items sold by Baretta in this chapter, check the walkthrough as ilsepants stated, and make sure that you have 539,600 gold to spend :)
wildorchid7
Wanderer

Postby Indinera » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:13 pm

that's a lot of gold xD
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby wildorchid7 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:11 am

Indinera wrote:that's a lot of gold xD

lol...well you did make the game indy... ;) Baretta's Shop prices seem firm even when Cindy is equipped with the Mercantilus Ring...would be nice if Baretta had a sale once in awhile +::lol
wildorchid7
Wanderer

Postby Indinera » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:02 pm

Baretta knows the value of her hard work lol
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby kanifer » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:53 am

someone was having trouble with aaron? I did too the first time I played LF3. I think luck plays a role.

Rounds 1-2 normal attack
Round 3 vacuum on the wolf till paralysis then pick them off separately with normal attacks
round 4 vacuum on the orc causes instant break each time (which wears off each time) keep casting it till you get paralysis on him, then pick him off with normal attacks.
round 5 again, vacuum till paralysis, then beat her down with normal attacks.

Was able to defeat her on my 2nd or third try with Aaron as soon as I got him, didn't need to level up once.

(I had head gears and crystal madu equipped, couldn't change the other equipment)
kanifer
Mercenary

Postby Indinera » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:16 am

i guess 6-7 tries with aaron should do it lol
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby wildorchid7 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:31 pm

I have won the Arena with 40 characters yet Jendani says only 39...I even wrote down each name as she went down the list as to who had completed the Arena, and the count is 40...Is this a bug or a glitch???? I would be rather put out if I went through all the work of beating the arena with 40 characters and not be able to go to the 2nd Arena...am I missing a character??? I know that Louis doesn't do the arena, and I chose to revive Sandy and Marion instead of Leona and Alexandra. Do I have to drink the Jouvence Wine 40 times and get plastered before allowed into the 2nd Arena? Please HELP!! +::sos

Characters who won the Arena

1. Random
2. Sarah
3. Luciana
4. Coryool
5. Wendala
6. Brussian
7. Tarabulla
8. Kenny
9. Fierce
10. Petula
11. Claria
12. Angelina
13. Alexandra
14. Xander
15. Lilly
16. Cindy
17. Seimen
18. Herbert
19. Joshua
20. Adon
21. Marion
22. Djarma
23. Daryl
24. Broff
25. Herasia
26. Guanidia
27. Askhbar
28. Rosa
29. Yveen
30. Sandy
31. Vanina
32. Cocka-Cocka
33. Marilys
34. Deuterium
35. Oglong
36. Aaron
37. Timbany
38. Nash
39. Kratin
40. Leanda
wildorchid7
Wanderer

PreviousNext

Return to Maps & Walkthroughs (to be updated)