Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Arena Guide

Arena Guide

Postby puzzled » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:45 am

What is the Arena?

The Arena is a special battlezone where one of your characters fights a series of rounds and attempts to defeat Linda, the final contender. There is a reward for the first time each character wins. Each character receives +28 hp, a wine bottle, a specific reward, and also boosts all other members hp by 3 as well.

Where is the Arena?

It's in Adretana, north of Petro District (the right side of town).

When should I do the Arena?

Try to delay as long as possible. There are 3 characters which you need to do about the same time and earlier on because they disappear - Yveen, Alexandra, and Aaron (Kommender). The very last time you can these 3 is right after you get back from the lost island. You will lose all 3 once you get to the throne room. But the rest of the people you should delay as long as possible, because you will get better equipment later on, and you want the maximum number of people on your team benefiting from the +3 hp bonus.

How do I beat the Arena with each character?

The condensed version is this

1) You always want your character to move first if possible. Give everyone preemptive equipment if they do not have at
least 800 speed.
2) If your character has a good spell boost MN or give it a good weapon if it's a physical spell, and you will win. Good
spell means like it kills everything before linda in one hit, and kills her in 1-2 hits.
3) If your character does not have a good spell, then either
a) teach it a good spell
b) zombify it, and equip it with the best fighting equipment, then pray and reload many times, luck is definitely a part
of it.

But you were here for the long version, right?

Before we address each character individually, we must try to understand the fights a little better. There are 5 fights in
succession. You do not carry any items from outside of the arena into the arena. There is a break between each battle where you can access the menu and use your spells or use any items you won in the arena.

1) Arcanum and his Lion

A straightforward fight. Both can cast sleep. Arcanum is physically resistant and does a fair amount of damage, but both
are mostly easy. The Lion is very weak but it can cast sleep, which is annoying sometimes.

2) A mage and a fighter

Straightforward. Mage casts a lightning bolt which inflicts fatigue, fireball which inflicts burn. The fighter does fairly
low physical damage against most characters, but it can cast sleep which is annoying. The mage is resistant to magical
damage, but both do not have very much hp, like 500 or less.

This duo can drop a healing reagent, which can be useful later on!

3) A werewolf, a cleric, and a poisonous chicken

This is where the limitations of your character will begin to show. The werewolf is very fast, probably 700-800 speed, and it does pretty large physical damage. It can use a 2-hits move which will really ruin your day if you're a weak character, and a bleeding claw attack which is slightly stronger than a one hit but not as strong as his 2-hits. He can also do some massive debuff move which screws up your defense and tries to put you to sleep, which is annoying. The cleric all he does is randomly cast a heal on someone of his party, it's not smart healing he just does it at random. The poison chicken commonly tries to put you to sleep which is really annoying, but on the other hand it sometimes just...runs away from battle. Lol.

The werewolf has a lot of hp, over 1000 I believe. However, all of them are susceptible to various conditions like
paralysis, sleep, madness etc. The wolf and chicken are resistant to dark damage.

4) An orc and his lizard

The orc is resistant to a lot of types of damage, you'll notice your attacks do a lot less, and he's outright immune to
thunder spells and ground spells I believe. His attack hits hard, he has a crush attack that hits even harder, and evil
eyes which tries to inflict madness on you. He has over 1000 hp as well. However, he is slow, like maybe 300 speed, and he can be paralyzed/put to sleep/madness.

5) Linda

The gamebreaker. She is highly resistant to just about everything. She has right about 1000 hp. Super super fast, like
800+. She hits even harder than the orc, can do a 3-hits move (very rare, I only saw it once in 200+ arena fights), a tidal
wave water spell that can paralyze, an air move that does blindness, final strike lots of damage, and defense/attack down move.

She is HEALED by water spells and mind spells, so don't attempt to use those or you will cry. If you have legend spells
they are good against her, and fire spells work just fine. She also has a lot of evasion, probably like 25-30%. It takes a
bit of luck to nail her with physical attacks. Way to kill her is have a good spell, or just boost your stats insanely high
so it takes 2 rounds to kill her and pray that she doesn't kill you first. To beat her with weak characters just have to keep reloading and hope she does her debuff spell (which is basically a wasted turn) or one of her weaker spells instead of critical attacking you for 2k lol.

Now that we understand a little bit about the fights, let's go over how I beat each one individually. Note that I am on
easy mode, if you're not on easy mode it just means you will have to level up higher to make up for lost statistics. I
listed the characters alphabetically for easier reference.

Advice: I would advise to do Lilly the first. Her arena award makes a lot of other people's arenas easier, because it gives
preemptive, not to mention double attacks if you're trying the physical route. She is also extremely easy to win with.

1. Adon

Adon falls into the category of "has a good spell." To get this spell, level him and Angelina to 50, go to the mage guild
and have them do a fusion spell together. Have him take her "multi-hits" spell. This will give him 3 attacks. Give him a
good claw like lord balrog claw, and gear his equipment towards good str/attack. Of course preemptive. Target the most
damaging person in each category first like Arcanum, werewolf, orc, before their minions.

2. Alexandra (non-revived form)

Believe it or not, Alexandra actually does have a good spell. Yes, it's that fireball, that pathetic like 1 power spell
that she has.

The thing is, you can boost her mind to the high heavens. Brain dazzler ultimate helmet (mage guild rank 5), yveen shield, make sure she's preemptive with double trion from lilly, and whatever gets her mind up. Fireball the most damaging in each category, and heal between fights. Linda will take some luck, hope that she doesn't hit you or you will die (hope that she will use her defense down or tidal wave move). I was able to take linda out in 2 fireballs, when I had about 3000 MN. I did teach Alexandra something called "wizard's revenge" from a book, in between fights it boosts her MN up even more.

You should probably just teach her Storm of the Century anyways. You will need it for her dreams, and it makes the first 4 fights a complete snooze. You will have 3 books of storm of the century if you've imported and searched carefully, one was in LF1, and 2 are in LF3.

3. Angelina

Angelina is like Adon, except better, because her multi-hits tends to give more hits for some reason. Give her preemptive, a solid weapon, and swing away.

4. Ashkbar

He falls into the category of has no good spell and can't learn any, but he's a beast. Zombify him, Double Trion ring, a
big bad weapon, and some of his orc equipment further gives him like heroism. It's pretty easy. Slice away.

5. Broff

Broff is the worst category, which is pray and have lots of luck. He has no good spells, cannot learn any. However he does have one thing going which is tons of resistance. Level him up to about 80 or so for good measure, zombify him, equip Biopsys coat (from random's body), memru nachalite from the aqua guild. Just keep tossing rocks and pray you outlast Linda.

Use that healing reagent if the mage/fighter dropped it. Broff can survive quite a few hits from Linda so keep at it.

6. Brussian

Brussian is like Adon or Angelina, use his multi hit spell Lethal bite or whatever it is. If he's high level he might not
even require a preemptive item because he's fast. Easy.

7. Cindy

Cindy has a good spell called Hyper Wind Blast learned at level 59. Equip her like a fighter, I don't remember if she needs
preemptive or not because she's naturally fast, anyways, she needs a good sword, have her just attack through the first 2 rounds to save mana, then hyper wind blast your way to victory.

8. Claria

No good spells, not even with fusion with Rosa, but teach her a book called Vaana Ancient times which gives her Oracle
Kaj'cruz. Use this spell with preemptive and it kills everything in one hit, even Linda. You will get 2 of these books, one
I don't remember where, the other is in the oasis.

9. Cocka-Cocka

Cocka actually might take a couple tries, I even lost with him at level 99 on easy mode O_o The problem is he doesn't
always one hit the orc or linda, and sometimes they inflict something like paralysis or madness and you lose. Just keep at it, he has very good stats otherwise. I can't remember which spell works best, either color colors or 2 hits, it's not that bad.

10. Coryool

His spells aren't good, but he is very good. Zombify him and equip really solid equipment like golgoth armor, baretta x-
drill, double trion for preemptive/double strike. He's a beast, like askhbar.

11. Daryl

Daryl is one of the most terrible characters. Treat him like a super weak coryool, give him baretta x-drill, double prion,
legendra mail, and zombify him. It will take luck. I beat it with him at level 54, just keep reloading until he doesn't
miss too much on linda and hope that linda doesn't hit him back either. He misses a lot on the werewolf/orc too so just be patient.

12. Deuterium

Deuterium is a beast. Use his adaptor before battle to put on Glandenmore and Speed racer (yes can have both) and he'll
have like....2700 resist. Easy, just laser everything away.

13. Djarma

Level him to 50, fusion him with Random. Take random's Hero spell and his God's blade spell. Fury might work, but I know hero and god's blade are truly amazing. God's blade everything difficult, and before Linda, use Hero. Heal in between fights as well.

14. Fierce

Equip him with a good jaw like Krandar jaws is optimal, then use his 7 strikes move over and over, with preemptive of
course.

15. Guanidia

Zombify or werewolf him, krandar jaws, double trion, whack away.

16. Herasia

Zombify or werewolf him, lord balrog claws, double trion, whack whack whack.

17. Herbert

Boost his MN up with brain dazzler and the like, and aura bomb your way to victory.

18. Joshua

Learn Ante-psalm from the mage guild, raise MN, blast away with ante-psalm, heal in between. Make sure he has good armor on so he can take a hit or so.

19. Kommender

His equipment can't be modified much, so good thing it is strong to begin with. Equip electrician gloves to his shield (not key of hero) and whatever helmet is the best you have. Slice your way through, MAKE SURE to use his heal move in between fights not only because it heals, but it gives him weapon boost. Takes a bit of luck. You must beat with Kommender if you expect Leanda to win later on.

20. Kratin

Kratin is a beast like Coryool or Askbar. If you have the patience, get him to level 83 and ancient strike everything to
dust. If not, zombify him, ketakeri blade, preemptive, and slice slice slice.

21. Leanda

Use Kommender's arena reward on her to teach her Overmohl, a 750(!!) power fire spell. Boost her MN, preemptive, then
Overmohl to victory (linda dies in one shot, easy easy).

22. Leona

Sorry, didn't revive her, don't know anything about her

23. Lily

A beast, her preemptive attack will kill Linda in one hit. If you have mega bazooka this is a total snooze; I didn't have
it though and still won with the regular bazooka. Fighting machine will give her preemptive (baretta shop), or you can give her zulmar card (mid game in the llamia ring shop adretana) to have her attack twice.

24. Louis

You don't get to use him in Arena.

25. Luciana

Snooze, double trion for preemptive, brain dazzler, lava wall to victory.

26. Marion

Snooze, fusion her with BRussian to get lethal move, equip brussian ultimate armor, give her a strong weapon, lethal move through everything.

27. Marylis

Like Claria, give her Vaana ancient times, and use it to win all the fights. This will use up your 2nd vaana ancient times
book. Preempt + brain dazzle= win.

28. Nash

Snoozy, use his 6 elemental blast to victory. I was at level 50, probably doable on less.

29. Oglong

Probably the most difficult. He was my last character, so I used every RS and HP item boost on him. After that, it was an easy win. Do not attempt under level 85 or so. Before that the wolf will destroy you. At level 85 he can take the 2 hits
without dying (unless critical). Blood splash the wolf, paralyze the orc, then I think infected bite Linda to death. I had
like 1700 hp and 1300 RS so linda was barely scratching me. I'm not sure it's doable without stat boosters. He can heal for free in between fights. (don't zombify him, he needs his spells)

30. Petula

Luck based like Daryl. Zombify it, krandar jaws, colecanthe scale for double strike, fighting machine for preemptive
(double trion not needed since already attacks twice).

31. Random

Fury your way through, or you can wait for apocalypsia lol.

32. Rosa

Her mage guild combo owns everyone. The first 2 spells will heal linda, but her pink rocket last move will get her. Preempt + brain dazzle.

33. Sandy

Preempt, brain dazzle, zero buster through everything in one hit, snooze.

34. Sarah

Preempt, brain dazzle, sun boomer combo

Werewolf/zombie, ketakeri blade, whack whack whack.

36. Tarabulla

Level her to 69, get dark slash. Use dark slash on everything.

37. Timbany

Big monkey form, a big weapon, preemptive, he's a beast like askhbar/coryool.

38. Vanina

Horrible like Daryl. Same thing, baretta x-drill, legendra mail, double trion, zombify, pray and reload.

39. Wendala

Carnage or if you waited, just laxius rocket everything. Brain dazzle/preempt.
40. Xander

Preempt, brain dazzle, anti noma everything.

41. Yveen

Slash through everything, heal in between fights.

42. Kenny

Equip her with meta gloves (30 arena wins), she's fast so doesn't need preemptive. Predator bow from baretta's normal shop, good other items, slash away zombify.

Yes I beat it with everyone except Leona, who I didn't choose to revive. Any further questions let me know!! =)
Last edited by puzzled on Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
puzzled
Explorer

Re: Arena Guide

Postby puzzled » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:55 am

Arena Part 2 - the secret fight

If you beat the arena with 36 characters you get access to a special underground area with very challenging fights, and an interesting reward.

When you go underground, you can't ever go back so make sure you're ready and don't exit it or it will be closed off.

The first 6 fights are torches of 6 elements, ice thunder water fire earth and air (no darkness).

The difference between the elemental battle that you're used to in the orb caves is this

1) random is always required. This will be a big nuisance since he only matches the thunder torch, so he is basically useless in the other fights

2) gravity crush prevents your character from doing ANYTHING. Can't use items, can't defend, etc. You are skipped right over.

3) each fight begins everyong at 10% hp, even if you match the element.

Each torch has 2 fights, the first fight is vs 2 infernal sharks, the second is versus a lot of big sea creatures and a sea guardian, an extremely powerful llamia that hits very hard.

The infernal sharks is easy, but make sure to spend your first 2 characters to heal everyone with crystal rain to restore hp and mp quickly.

The 2nd fight is tricky, try to poison or hell cancer everything. The sea guardian can be numbed.

My secret trick on the hard torches like the earth torch, since only kratin is the good earth character, is to use Oglong. even though Oglong is gravity crushed, he still poisons everything, which is very nice. Just make sure he's alive after the infernal sharks to poison the sea guardian and the creatures.

After the 6 torches there is a final match of 3 rounds. This is insanely difficult. You can use anyone.

The first round is easy, it's just like the round where you fight 1 sea guardian + sea creatures.

The second round is difficult, it's 6 sea guardians!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Random keep thunder chaos to try to numb everything, I used coryool and kratin to defend/heal/absorb hits, and oglong poisoned everyone with preemptive poison (regular poison don't work). They will wear themselves out eventually.

The third round is about as difficult as the 2nd, there are 2 sea guardians and legendary sea guardian, which is a huge sea serpent that does 3 hits and tons of hp. Oglon poison, random thunder chaos until just the legendary is left, then multi hit it to the dust.

The drop from that fight is an eye of the sea, a helmet for certain characters like marlysis/rosa. You get a chest that has a nice spear in it, has good stats like a lot of physical defense which is interesting, great for luciana. And click on the map in the top right to show you the order of how to drink the wine, then drink the wine in the top left in order to get a bonus mp/hp/exp for everyone.
puzzled
Explorer

Postby jbs » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:25 pm

This is awesome +::YAY
Do you remember what you get after winning with Alexandra?
I have her at level 99, taught storm of century and wizard's revenge but Linda keeps beating that poor gal +::cry . If it's not some important reward than I will just let it go
jbs
Bard

Postby loof123 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:03 pm

I think you could use Fire Storm with Cocka all the way.
loof123
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby puzzled » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:20 pm

jbs wrote:This is awesome +::YAY
I have her at level 99, taught storm of century and wizard's revenge but Linda keeps beating that poor gal +::cry . If it's not some important reward than I will just let it go

Linda should only take 2 fireballs if you set her up with a lot of MN and wizard's revenge, it's not that bad.

The arena reward, it's some sort of helmet if I remember correctly, nothing to write home about. But I don't regard Alexandra as that hard to beat the arena with, it just comes down to reloading until Linda doesn't open with a direct attack.
puzzled
Explorer

Postby Indinera » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:40 pm

I finally got the chance to read it.
It was truly awesome. Very detailed and full of LF knowledge. +::O_o +::clap
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby SurferGranny » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:19 am

WOW, that is absolutely mind blowing!! Fantastic job!! +::YAY +::clap +::Thumbup +::YAY +::clap +::Thumbup +::heart
ImageImageImage
I'm a member of an Aldorea Menage. Want more info? Click here
SurferGranny
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby Indinera » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:28 am

+::Thumbup +::clap
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby jbs » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:12 pm

puzzled wrote:
jbs wrote:This is awesome +::YAY

Linda should only take 2 fireballs if you set her up with a lot of MN and wizard's revenge, it's not that bad.

The arena reward, it's some sort of helmet if I remember correctly, nothing to write home about. But I don't regard Alexandra as that hard to beat the arena with, it just comes down to reloading until Linda doesn't open with a direct attack.

I have been trying this since yesterday ...I guess I am just very unlucky :(
you did this on normal game mode or easy mode?

Also, is there any way to toggle between game difficulty mode?
jbs
Bard

Postby loof123 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:15 pm

He says he did it on easy mode.
loof123
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby EmeraldEyez » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:33 pm

great job puzzled!!!! +::YAY +::clap
EmeraldEyez
DreamLord of Myst

Postby jbs » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:59 pm

thank goodness ...I am not that unlucky than :) ..now I will definitely move on
jbs
Bard

Postby Destinye » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:57 am

This is so helpful! I am stuck with Aaron Black though - he is level 63 and Linda gets him every time. I did find it helpful to use one spell on the ogre - vacuum - he is really susceptible to sleep type spells and then you can kill him at your leisure. May need to level him some more for Linda though. If I increase attack he always dies from low resistance and if I increase RS he has not enough attack - but this seems to work better overall.

The problem I am having is I cannot get Brussian to make Broff and Oglong into werewolves and not sure what I am doing wrong, it works fine on Random though. Not sure if there is something I am missing here!
Destinye
Mercenary

Postby puzzled » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:12 am

Destinye wrote:This is so helpful! I am stuck with Aaron Black though - he is level 63 and Linda gets him every time. I did find it helpful to use one spell on the ogre - vacuum - he is really susceptible to sleep type spells and then you can kill him at your leisure. May need to level him some more for Linda though. If I increase attack he always dies from low resistance and if I increase RS he has not enough attack - but this seems to work better overall.

The problem I am having is I cannot get Brussian to make Broff and Oglong into werewolves and not sure what I am doing wrong, it works fine on Random though. Not sure if there is something I am missing here!

I did Aaron at 59 on easy mode. It took a few reloads on Linda, but it was doable if she wasted a couple moves. If I recall he can survive 1 hit, then just pray the other move is her debuff move. Or just pray she casts 2 spells in a row. Miracles can happen +::biggrin

I didn't know about broff/oglong not being able to werewolf, I just zombied broff. I think zombie is superior overall. The only reason why I used werewolf on a couple people like herasia and guadinia was because zombification would make the difference between going first and going second (without considering preemptive items). I didn't feel like equipping a preemptive item if their speed was already high enough to go first.

Oh also, one reward that's pretty decent is Marion's. She gets a book accessory that most intelligent people can equip (not angelina or vanina lol). It gives you 10 x your level in exp every fight. It really speeds up fire training if you have to resort to that, which I did because I didn't allocate my zapoos very well.
puzzled
Explorer

Postby Destinye » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:15 am

I just won with using the Vacuum spell on Linda - it was the first time I had tried and it took the second time and was able to finish her off, this is after 2 hours of trying to just hit her so might be worth trying for others!

I don't have the other characters yet but have Daryl, Oglong and Broff left now. Just got back from Lost Island.
Destinye
Mercenary

Next

Return to Maps & Walkthroughs (to be updated)