Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Chapter 10 Save -- All Ultimate Weapons

Re: Chapter 10 Save -- All Ultimate Weapons

Postby QNk » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:31 pm

I wouldn't call it "cheating", I'd call it... unauthorized bug testing. =D

Also, understand that, if Indi even slightly expresses that he disapproves of what I am doing, I'm willing to stop immediately.
QNk
Peasant

Postby Tomas » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:56 pm

I have no idea what is Indi's opinion about this, but I must admit that one of the things I've always loved about LP and other RM2K games was that you could edit some stats with hex editor or search map files for items found or texts. It might have been cheating, but it was fun.
But of course, if someone posts a picture on the forum with something like 15 relics found and the others are only able to find 13 no matter how hard they are trying, then it seems wrong to me.
Tomas
Ranger

Postby puzzled » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:06 pm

Are you able to find out what all the conditions do? There are old ones I never figured out and lots of new ones too, like absolute faith, etc.
puzzled
Explorer

Postby QNk » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:22 am

There are 250+ status changes, don't expect me to list them all.

BUT!

Absolute Faith:
Max HP, Agility: 110%
Str: 120%
Int: 125%
Resistance: 145%
Atk, PDef, MDef: 105%

Tomas wrote: But of course, if someone posts a picture on the forum with something like 15 relics found and the others are only able to find 13 no matter how hard they are trying, then it seems wrong to me.

But if you didn't know they existed, how could you bug Indi about them?
QNk
Peasant

Postby puzzled » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:35 am

List them all please k thx. =)

Ok specifically what does Dust Wall do? I was always confused from this status change from LF1.
puzzled
Explorer

Postby QNk » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:04 am

Dust Wall:

Dex, Int: 110%
MDef: 103%

Dispels after battle.

That's all, folks.
QNk
Peasant

Postby puzzled » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:22 am

Ok, please list out all 250 conditions now thanks ^_^
puzzled
Explorer

Postby Indinera » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:15 am

puzzled wrote:Indinera can you confirm which of those ultimate weapons are attainable?

He cheated. +::Thumbup
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Indinera » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:16 am

Tomas wrote:I have no idea what is Indi's opinion about this, but I must admit that one of the things I've always loved about LP and other RM2K games was that you could edit some stats with hex editor or search map files for items found or texts. It might have been cheating, but it was fun.
But of course, if someone posts a picture on the forum with something like 15 relics found and the others are only able to find 13 no matter how hard they are trying, then it seems wrong to me.

I don't really mind, to each his own lol to me it kills the gameplay so i would not do it lol
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby puzzled » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:17 am

Can you "cheaters" please figure out the battle formulas for criticals/evasions based on rs/SP?
puzzled
Explorer

Postby QNk » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:40 am

Far as I know, evasion is considered its own stat, only changed by the type of equipment you wear and the states you're in (Crazy in Love gives you 35 Eva. which makes it even more awesome). This stat is hidden, though I have reason to believe that it is cumulative (a +5 Eva and a +35 Eva boost gives a total of 40 Eva, not *1.05*1.35 - 1)*100 or roughly +42 Eva).

Speed determines the order actions are taken in battle. Though there seem to be some variation in how the ordering is treated, perhaps Random Number (85-120)*SPD/100. Some equipment that has Pre-emptive skips this check and always allow the character to act first.

As the gap between attacker's speed and defender's speed widens, critical hits become more likely. If your speed is absurdishly larger than the monster's, it gets to a point where a critical hit is guaranteed (I've tinkered somewhat with the ratio required for 100% critical hit, and it appears that you'd need a ridiculously high speed to critical against even the lowest monsters, something between 10:1 and 100:1, so don't go pumping up speeds hoping for criticals). Even if your critical chance is 100%, that in no way affects the accuracy of your attack, so you can still miss with epicly high speeds, which supports my hypothesis that speed and evasion are unrelated variables.
QNk
Peasant

Postby Purrrnella » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:03 pm

D-Squall wrote:I think that this is wrong, Indy works hards to make a game and then you come and cheat, if you really want to say sorry to Indinera, you shound't have posted that link.

Apologize??? REALLY my lord we do pay for the games, if someone wants to share why cant they, dont we own the games after we give them our money +:::|
Purrrnella
Peasant

Postby crcdcc » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:00 pm

Not to keep egging this conversation on, but I do have to agree with Purrrnella.....we pay for the games, we should be able to play them as we see fit. Besides, how many other games through the years have had secret codes to unlock things, and the ever popular "DOOM" with God Mode? I myself found a bug in my LF2 which allowed me to keep completing a certain mission over and over, gaining exp, gold, and guild pts. each time I recompleted it....and yeah I abused it a bit. My characters were seriously underleveled and I had gotten to a point where I couldn't get any farther without being massacred....that being said I only leveled my characters up to suggested levels in the walkthrough, when I could've just stayed and made them all lvl. 99 easily. This is because I also agree with Indy, cheating kills the gameplay experience. Yep, what I did was considered cheating, but not so much as to kill my game play experience.

Besides, the whole point of these forums is to share things with others. +::wizard
crcdcc
Wanderer

Postby AuntIggy » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:24 pm

You are right to a degree - you bought the game, but not the rights to it. That means you can play it, but not change it. You can buy music and play it, but just try changing someone's song and making it public without getting permission. You'll soon find yourself in a lawsuit. As long as something is copywrited you legally can't change it without express written constent from the owner of that copywrite. As long as Indi doesn't care no harm done. My own personal opinion -a little help is one thing, but adding stuff that isn't there is silly. If you are so good as to completely screw up someone else's game, why not put your talents to constructive use and make one of your own?
And best be careful about changing copywrited material of any sort and making it public or you might regret it someday.
Indi is an easy going gamemaker. Someone else might not be.
“It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.”
― Abraham Lincoln
AuntIggy
WeaponMaster of Asguaard

Postby crcdcc » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:44 am

I'm taking it this isn't directed solely at me since I never said anything about changing the aspects of the game, just making the most out of a glitch.

Is it really illegal to tweek things with an rpg maker just for your own personal use? Or is it when we tweek and share? Just curious in case I get an inkling to tweek. (I'd never understand how in a million years, but you never know) +::biggrin
crcdcc
Wanderer

PreviousNext

Return to Maps & Walkthroughs (to be updated)