Part II starts at where you go up to the Throne Room after returning from the Lost Island and until the end of the Chapter.
Comments and suggestions for improvements welcome.
66. When you have finished at the Arena, unequip Alexandra and Aaron, as far as you can, and go up to the Throne Room. Watch the cut scene. You are now in the Metrolian Counter with Luci and Coryool. To get to the Ruins you need 80 Food Rations. If you don’t have enough, Gogo at the back sells them. Speak to Walz to continue. When you arrive at the Ruins, Guanidia joins you.
67. Go up, right, up, left; the chest is a Warlord Devourer and gives a healing potion. Go down and enter the ruin by the well. Go left; the first chest is a Warlord Devourer and gives 5 cycca leafs; the chest in the top corner has 3437 gold. Go down; the left chest has 210 gold and a life apple; the right one is a Legend Devourer with 2 Exp eggs. Return to the main path, go left and up to the next screen. From now on you will also be meeting Holocaust and Neon Wraiths, Eternal Warriors and Cataclysm Heralds.
68. Enter the house on the right; the chest is a Devourer and gives 2 Mountain Balm. Exit, go up and enter the 2nd house on the left; the chests are Devourers and give nothing. Exit and go to the right hand edge, just below the wall. Almost hidden under the dark green foliage is a chest with 7 Bonedust Mushrooms. Exit and go left onto the next screen (which will be familiar to LFI players). Enter the house above you; the chest is a Devourer with a mithril drop. Exit, go left and up into the next house. The chest in the top corner is a Devourer and gives a Recovery Spray. Go left onto the next screen. The chest in the top left house is a Devourer and gives 2250 gold. Luci won’t go any further left, so return 2 screens.
69. The 2 chests in the house immediately above your are Devourers and give nothing. Go up, the chest in the house on the right is empty. At the 3 arches go right onto the next screen. Enter the house above you; the left chest has an Yveen Water, the right has a Cataclysm Axe. Exit and south of the path is a green chest with the book: The Rebellion of Tyrine. Just a few enemies to the right. Return to previous screen. The house above you has 3 Devourer chests giving nothing. Go left into the little house above the arches; the chest has 304 gold. Go up and into left hand house for a chest with a healing reagent. Go up the bridge to the next screen.
70. Go left into the ruin; the chest is empty. Go down to the stream, the chest is a Devourer with a Necrotear. Continue through house left for a locked chest. In the little room above it, almost hidden under the foliage at the left, is a chest with a Sword of Doom. Return to the path. The empty looking chest to the right is empty. Go up; Luci won’t go right so continue up into the house above the pond. The chest is a Devourer with a Necrotear. Exit the house, work your way left and up and left onto the next screen. Go left; there’s Yveen. She initially gives 20HP to all party members. Keep talking and you get another 10HP. Don’t give up and you get another 5HP. Luci won’t go further left so return to the previous screen. Go up and into the left hand house for another almost hidden chest with an Yveen Kiss. Go up to the next screen.
71. Ignore the bookcases for the moment. Go up and right; the first chest is empty; the middle one is a Devurer with a healing potion; the top one I couldn’t access, it may be a teaser. Go down the stairs. Ignore the single wraith to the left and go straight to the red chest for an Ivory Key. Exit and return to the locked chest for a Tyrant Mask. This is your last chance to explore the Ruins. Once you check the bookcases you will not be able to return. When ready go back to the bookcases and the top left one has the missing page. Quest complete. They now know the road to the airport. Go back down the stairs and speak to Kirai. You will have to fight 3 people you did not expect. Now sleep.
72. We go back to Xander who reports that a Forbidden Dragon may be going to Metrolia. Random makes up a party to go there. Back to Luci who finds it’s snowed overnight (covering any chests you missed). Go back down to the entrance; there is the Forbidden Dragon. You are taken to another exit, the Dragon follows you, but you are rescued by Kenny, a half-angle, who joins the party; quest complete.
73. Random is now in Damaus. Note, you must do all quests in this visit. Enter the house slightly behind you and above. Challenge Lucrece to arm wrestling; Random won straight off, quest complete. Exit and enter the Inn slightly right and down. Ronald offers to make items from your Queen’s Honey (1MP permanent, from LFII). He makes a Fairy Tear (2MP permanent) for each one. The fireplace bottom right has 102 gold. Exit, go right and down, go up the stairs to a house. The window with pink flowers has a Power Pepper; the middle fence behind the house has a white carrot. Enter; no one in the party has thievery skills to open the chest. Exit. Buy anything you need from the item sellers above, including 10 Equinoa Wood. Go up and right, the front cupboard in the house has 15 gold, the dresser to the right has a Buala. Exit; Bertrand to the right will buy any Balnuunla Jars you have for 3150g.
74. Go left into the field and up; Elaine has a problem with mushrooms. With Sarah in the party click the blue arrow on the house, quest complete. Enter house; Andrew wants you to help with his poisoned soil – this did not show up in the quest book, so I don’t think is one. The dresser at the back has 18 gold. Exit, go up; Gilga is selling items. Go back down, up and enter the field on the left. With Sarah in the party, speak to Sherry who has a sick squirrel; quest complete. Go down and enter the house; Roman is selling equipment. Exit, go up, enter the field on the right and go down to speak to Cliff outside his house. Use the thick wooden plank from the Adretana Item Shop, quest complete. Enter house; the bottom left hand barrel in the room with the son has a food ration. Exit, go up; behind the house is Zobrnk. Only speak to him if you want a Dragon Sword and have equipped Random with something to increase his persuasion points. Once you speak to him there seems to be no way of exiting without buying the sword. Return to the path and go up to the next screen.
75. Enter the Chapel of Damaus. Pagno to the left sells items. With Brussian in your party, enter the room on the right. Go up where the blue arrow is for a Galadjina Tunic. Return and go up. One step above the top left bench I found another, unmarked, secret path, but couldn’t find anything. The chest has the book: The Art of Healing. Speak to Daen, who can’t help. Exit. When you’re ready, proceed by checking the carriage where you entered the village.
76. Back to Luci; that tunic you just got might be useful for Kenny. Go down. At one point you see Random’s party, but you can’t join them. They go on to slay the dragon, you continue down. At the 2 bridges, go up for a chest with the book: Heroes of the Deport. Go down lower bridge, go right and cross the bridge; continue down to the camp, quest completed. Now back with Random’s party.
77. Go up. To the left of a cave, pull out a Cosmic Blade. Enter the cave. The screen to the right has a chest on a pillar which is a teaser; other than encounters for exp there is nothing else there. Return to where you started. Go down, the green chest has a War Angel Gown. Go down but before entering the next screen, select your party and equipment to fight the Forbidden Dragon and save. Go down. Round one: Random Metallist Curse; Sarah Sun Boomer; Yveen Cosmic Boost to Random, Xander Gamaeon. Round two: Dragon Tomb (12000HP damage in one go); Slasher and that did it. You will have noticed that Fury has gone from Random’s skill list. You are taken to the cave exit, where Yveen leaves the party. Go down to the camp, meeting Mythic Dragons on the way. Enter the camp, quest complete.
78. Both Sarah and Coryool vanish. As Luci, search the camp. Speak to Guanidia, then Random, then Guanidia again. Follow through. You are then back in the Metrolian Counter where the herbalist explains what the seed does, so off to the rescue. As Sarah you find yourself on a journey. Explore a little if you like, she can’t open the chest, and the sword in the stone reminds her of someone. Go left, up the steps to the top for a meeting with an Entangler (Sun Boomer) and a voice telling her what to do next.
79. Back in Damaus you are attacked by 3 Mythic Dragons. You get to pick your team and are given the main menu. I used Random, Lethal Punishment; Luci Lord of the Dance; Rosa, My Lovely Rocket; Brussian Lethal Move. If your Rosa has not learnt My Lovely Rocket yet, try At World’s End, or something which will paralyse, or even physical if you’ve given her the Piki Piki Rod, though that is a high risk strategy. Quest complete. Go up to the Chapel. Daen is not there. Speak to Caius who doesn’t know where he is. Brussian suggests the woods. Exit the chapel and accept to go to the woods. You can return here for resting at the Inn or for items.
80. If you have Random equipped with the Ketakeri Blade the encounters should not be much of a problem. I used Lava Wall for groups of bats. Go up and right. Follow the path round to a junction. Go up; at the top is a chest with snake rings. You can follow the path round (it is circular) for exp. Return to where you began. Now go left. If you want some more exp and to meet Bone Shatterers who drop Bone Shatterer Skins, go up. Keep going as straight up as you can, at the junction bearing right at a pile of logs and onto the next screen. Keep going up. You come to a dead end. Return. Go left and follow the path which bends south before going up. A little way up, work your way into a clearing on the right for a chest with an Enchanted Potion. Return to the path and go up to the next screen.
81. Go up; the path bears right and up. When you come to a small pool the obvious path goes up and round the top of the pools to a dead end. Instead go left along a less obvious path. Go up; the path bends right at a pool, then down, right and up. You have to wriggle your way up and right. You will see a blue arrow pointing to the next screen. Random exclaims that the woods are too entangled. Brussian and the other smaller members can go forward. A short cut scene shows that Sarah has finished her journey to Daen. You are then back with Brussian and the party in the Dark Woods of Damaus.
82. Generally speaking for groups I used: Brussian, Lethal Move; Fierce, Cerebus Move; Guanidia, physical (I’ve got a good weapon on him, but you may prefer to use Kamikaze); Rosa, Iceberg Calling or Ocean’s Tornado against a tough group. For single or pairs of enemies she usually paralysed them or inflicted exhaustion with a physical attack using the Piki Piki Rod. Go up; the path to the left has only exp, not items. Go up again. The next path to the left is circular and will bring you back to the pillars just ahead. If you want exp go on the detour, otherwise go up to the pillars. Work your way up and left until the path comes to a pool and then go up and right and cross the bridge. Keep going right and up through what looks like an old furniture dump and a forest of Bacchnon Baaus. Enter the Hideout.
83. Go right and up. At the top of the stairs you will be attacked by 3 Devourer chests. I used Rosa’s 7 Seas. Approach Sarah to initiate a conversation between Daen and Basalt. You will fight them and 4 Bacchanan Baaus. Rosa’s At World’s End did it. Quest complete. A path opens up through the woods and Random rushes in. Luci washes Sarah. Quest complete. A cut scene between GC and Kommender. GC changes his mission to protecting the airport, with the army there under the command of Louis.
84. Wendala has survived the assassination attempt and is told that she has released Laxius energy within herself. Following a long explanation, she must now find her way home. Familiarise yourself with her new skills. I did not at this point equip the Astral Ring. It removes her armour and I wanted to keep the Magdalene Leather Suit for the double hit on physical attack. Go straight down to the bottom; on the way down, check out the white globe for a bit of culture. Honmogon sells some items. Go back up to the top and right. Watch out for Midget Black Holes, they inflict shrinkage (but rarely drop an Exp Egg). Go down and then down the stairs. You surprise 2 Ancient Guardians; use Shocker. Go right; Waldo above you can give you a boost. You can choose between STR, RES or SPD. Continue right and up the stairs past more Guardians. Wendala must do the next fight on her own if you are to revive 2 characters. Go right, up, right, all the way up. Equip a plague-inflicting weapon, Draco-Lich Dai-Katana if you have it, but there are others, and whatever will raise your evasion. I used Monk Bracers (+40) and Vapour Ring (+30). Go up to face the Phoenix God. Use physical attack; once he’s got plague he basically kills himself. You get the Phoenix God Heart.
85. Go back down to the pillar. Go right, up, right to the end, down. You walk through a square; at the bottom left corner there is always a pair of Marda. These often drop Sharp Spike shields; if you haven’t got one, they are useful for speed and evasion. You can farm as many as you like for selling. Continue down, right and up. Walk straight through the Dragon Guard. Go up; Goino sells items; Lelilula will let you rest for 1000g! Don’t; if you need healing, you can soon use Yveen. Nathan gives you info on the Dragon Guard. Go up to the Shrine and speak to Yveen; quest complete. You can now revive 2 characters from among Alexandra, Marion, Sandy and Leona. If you choose Sandy or Leona first you will automatically get Alexandra. Your choices, plus Yveen join the party. Equip your new team members. I chose Marion and Sandy. Go down. If you want to earn some exp and gold, tackle the Dragon Guard. I used Wendala’s Laxius Torpedo on the Forbidden Dragol (down in one), tested out Marion’s and Sandy’s changed skills list, attacked the Mythic Dragol with Yveen. Physical attack finished things off in the second round. Speak to Zasa in the bottom right corner to exit. In the section ahead, use spells for healing to save items, as there’s a magicka potion fountain ahead to replace any you use.
86. Doriana sells equipment. Go down the bridge that looks like a tree; there is a Forbidden Dragol and a Mythic Dragol at the bottom. Go down the stairs and follow the path to the bridge where there is a Blood Torturer. Go down past Clusk and across the next bridge where Elsbeth and a Sasphaloid are waiting. She drops a God’s Heaven. Then you face a mini-army of Babelon. Go left onto the next screen for a conversation with a Babelon and weird dialogue from a line of envelopes. Go down the path below them. Babbel wonders what’s in the hole – nothing, as far as I could see. Go back up and down the next path to speak to Michelle who wants you to talk to all the cats. One of them gives you a quest complete, one gives all party members 100XP. Talking to all the cats is tricky, and you get plenty of random encounters while doing it. When you’ve finished you don’t get a reward from Michelle. Go up; the necklace at the top right wants to be left alone. Return to the previous screen.
87. Go right, down, right and continue right to the next screen. Go right, down the stairs, left and up for a chest with 5 Yven Sugars. Return and continue right. Stand and click on the white disk for a God’s Heaven. Click as often as you like for Magicka Potions; restore everyone, max out and leave. Return to the stairs, go up and right. The blue stream asks if you’d like a drink. Return to the previous screen and go up across the bridge to meet a Forbidden and a Mythic Dragol. Continue up.
88. Daudet is lost. Note, if you are following the map in the Official Guide, there’s a mistake in the yellow line. The one suggested at this point is not possible. Instead, go left, up, right, down the bridge past the Blood Torturer. Go down, cross the 3 bridges. The small stone column just south of the tree has an emerald powder, the small stone column to the left has an emerald powder. At this point equip the Astral Ring. Go right to the bridge; Kurahan is waiting. He wants to bring her back to being a Blood Assassin and gives her the Blood-Shed Dai-Katana. Continue across the bridge. Quest complete; Wendala gets 2MN.
89. A cut scene back in Adretana. Luci wants to go to Kondler, Djarma wants to go to Ultai with Timbany. Pick someone to go with him. Cindy volunteers. Random and the rest go to Kondler. Go up into Kondler. There is Wendala and her 2 companions. Because I picked Marion, Brussian gets 11ST/19MN. He gives her Brussian’s Tunic (ultimate). Take your new characters through the Trial to level them up. When you are ready, go down to the bottom right corner and you’ll see a door; inspect to go through.
90. If you have Brussian in the party you will see a blue arrow at the left bottom corner; go down for 3 Machalite Stones, 11 Tigo Reagents and 5 Golden Pearls. Fun-Ji to the right sells Machalite Stones; you need these for your party to breath underwater – except Petula, of course. Not everyone will go in the water, so choose your party from those who will. I went with Random, Sarah, Wendala (equipped with the Legendra Helmet) and Petula. Go down the stairs; go right for a Luck Starfish, do not use it. Go down to the next screen.
91. You will have random encounters with Ground Fish who drop Azure pearls; keep them. Go straight down, past the pool, stand on the square stone below it for an Aqua Lung. Go back up, right, down and right along the upper path. Inspect the cave for a couple of Ground Fish. Go to the bottom for a Luck Starfish, do not use it. If you do not have 20 Azure Pearls, continue roaming this screen until you have them. Then go up, right and up just before the edge of the screen to enter the Aqua Guild.
92. You need either 20 Azure Pearls and 2 Luck Starfish or 10 Luck Starfish to join; pay up. Domahla to the right will give you a powerful item when your Guild level is high enough. Ferein to the left sells items, but only to those who’ve helped the Guild. Go up; Mabatuhl offers fight teaching. Petula can learn Fish Slainte Math for 100g. Go up and speak to the twin Lamias. Collect the quests: Shark on the Loose and Oghmor Colony. Exit the Guild.
93. Go left, down and right past the little cave. When you enter the choke point you will be attacked by 2 Infernal Sharks. When you have defeated them you get the statement ‘Sharks Captured’, but not quest complete. Despite the fact that the Lamia spoke of 4 sharks, this seems to be it. Go back to the Lamias and they say that it’s nice to have them back again. Go back down, left and this time all the way down onto the next screen. From now on you will be getting tougher random encounters, but they are all things you’ve met before. Many are vulnerable to thunder spells. Go down. If you continue down past the 3 wells and then up the stairs you emerge onto a little island in the middle of the sea. Go back up part way and go right to the lower edge. Barbara says she belongs to the dragon and wants to be sacrificed. From the 3 wells go right and up the rope ladder. Half way up, you will be attacked by 2 Infernal Sharks. The cave ahead has a Gorgonite and 5 Ground Fish. Random’s Lethal Punishment against the Gorgonite, Sarah’s Spriggen Calling, Wendala’s physical attack and Petuala’s Fish Slainte Math does it. You get 355 gold. Go back to the path and right onto the next screen.
94. The cave has an Oghmor and a Magaolon. Go right and up; you will see a blue arrow to the left. Heal up, save and click opposite; it’s the Oghmor Colony. There are several rounds. Remember that Wendala will go first. In the order Random, Sarah, Wendala and Petula, my strategy was as follows:
1) Oghmor, Magaolon and Shark Slaughterer: Lethal Punishment, Slasher, physical against the Shark Slaughterer, Petula physical against the Magaolon.
2) Oghmor, Magaolon: Lethal Punishment, Slasher, physical against the Magaolon, physical.
3) Oghmor: Lethal Punishment, Slasher, Striker, physical
4) Oghmor, Magaolon, Medusa, Shark Slaughterer: Lethal Punishment, physical against the Shark Slaughterer, Shocker, physical
5) Oghmor, Magaolon: as round (2)
6) Oghmor: as round (3). Quest complete; you get Caracharodon Jaws (relic).
95. Go down and right; just past the hole on the path and to the left of the rock spike, click on the water’s edge. Petula sees treasure and gets the Orb of Catharsis. The 2 Temptress on the little promontory to the south in fact is 2 Temptress and an Infernal Shark. In the centre of the group of little pools, just right of the pink lamp is a Luck Starfish. Ignore the screen to the right for the moment, and return to the Aqua Guild to report your success. Ferein will now sell you items. You don’t have anyone at the moment who can use it, but you will. Domahla will now sell you items. Buy a Toutoumo Bubble for the Mage Guild. Exit the Guild and go right onto the next screen.
96. Go down to the Raaku. Go right, the cave has a Gorgonite. Follow the path round and back up. Go right and down. There’s just a fight to the left. The right path leads on to the next screen. Go right and take the top path. The stairs lead up to an island with a trapped chest. Go down, the left path leads to stairs into the open ocean with 2 Infernal Sharks. The right path, by a mysterious geographical process leads to the top of the path by the Oghmor Colony. Return to the base of the stairs; go left and down. To the left is a sword Random can pull out, the Oceania. To the right, the green chest has the Faraway Underseas Place Map. This can only be used here, so select it. When you arrive you are attacked by 2 Infernal Sharks. There are 7 Luck Starfish. Go up; the green chest has a Conch of Dreams. Exit.
97. The top of the stairs with what looks like a Luck Starfish is a regenerating colony of Crystal Zapoos. 5, for example,give 9000XP and 3265g., but they can be from 3 to 8. They can do a lot of damage and inflict Ice Jail. Sarah’s Noxodox Curse and Wendala’s Undead Curse are OK, but Random’s Etnah wipes them out; try his Elf Slaughter as well. They drop Ice Cake. Despite appearances they are not infinite. When ready, return back up to the path. As you do, you are attacked by a Masochist; nasty. Lethal Punishment, Slasher, Striker, did it. Return to the previous screen and go back up to the main path. I met another Masochist just after returning, and a Gorgonite at the pinch point. This Masochist regenerates every time you leave the screen. He's more profitable than the regular Zapoos. Gives 1881 EXP and 562 gold as well as frequently dropping Red Muen'de. Random with Magumahar Sword and Mist Glaze shield takes him out in 1 go usually using Lethal Punishment.
98. The stairs above you lead to an island; the cave to the left has a regenerating colony of 8 Zapoos, not as lucrative as Crystal Zapoos: 488g and 1080XP but can drop Zapoo Diamond. Physical works well, but the spells still do the job if you prefer. Go back down and right onto the next screen. Immediately below you are stairs, ignore them for now and continue right.
99. At the junction continue right; take the top path and continue onto the next screen. Go down the stairs, bear right and at the junction take the top bridge. The stairs up lead to an island with 3 Metals Legs and a Magaolon and nothing else. Go back down the stairs. Return across the bridge and take the lower one. Halfway across you may meet a Masochist. Go up the rope ladder; speak to Zabzuhal, who’s developing Oghmors. There are 3 rounds: Oghmor, Shark Slaughterer, Magaolon and Temptress; Oghmor and Magaolon; Oghmor. Go back to the previous screen, up the stairs to the main path and right. Cross the bridge and go up. Continue round leftwards and onto the next screen. The second cave has an Oghmor and 4344 gold. Next cave has an Oghmor and Ground Fish. The path up leads to a dead end. Return to the previous screen. Follow the path round onto the earlier screen. Go left to the junction with 2 wells. Now go up to the next screen.
100. The sign says Airport. Go up. When you see the wooden bridge ahead, heal up; unequip Legendra Helmet from Wendala; equip weapons with Holy or Legend; save. Now go forward to meet Magnus; he is vulnerable to Holy and Legend weapons and spells. Lethal Punishment (Random now has the Legendary Sword), Slasher and Striker, but if Wendala has learnt it, use Laxius Rocket – magnificent! You get a random(?) drop of Orb of the Depths; reload until you get it (I got I first time which is why I’m not sure if it’s random). Unfortunately Random and the party plunge into the depths of the ocean where they’re trapped.
101. Back to Kondler and Xander, who is now worried. Choose between Brussian and Guanidia; put in Seiman if you want the trapped chest. For the last one, if you intend to re-visit the crystal zapoos, I suggest someone who can’t equip a seed pendant, and so is more difficult to level up. Equip Machalite Stones. Equip Xander with the Legendra Helmet, Inverness Bracers (regenerate 11% of MP), Benevolence Mail and Conch of Dreams instead of Machalite Stone. The helmet enables him to function well with it, and the Conch helps keep his MP use down to a minimum. Use 1001 Dark Slashes against small enemies; Gamaeon on e.g. Masochist and Days of Punishment on Metal Legs. With Brussian’s Lethal Move, Seiman’s defensive and then attack, and Adon’s multi-hits (from Angelina in the Fusion), that took care of things. Return to the trapped chest and Seiman can disarm it for 5 Pirate’s Dust and 26755 gold. If you want, go to the Crystal Zapoos. Xander’s 1001 Dark Slashes clears them in one, and uses less MP than he regenerates, so zero cost. You can return to change characters, but put your most needy in first, as eventually the Zapoos run out.
102. Return to the main path and continue to follow it right until the 3 wells. Ignore the stairs that Random’s party ignored. When you get to the wooden section of the Ice Bridge, Xander speaks with Random, quest complete. You need a strong rope. Head back to the stairs I told you to ignore and go down; it’s the Lamia Nest. This is tough; some groups of Temptress and Medusa are 8. When you have cleared the first area, go down. The small cave to the right has a Gorgonite. The large cave to the left has first a Gorgonite and then a Gorgonite plus Ground Fish. Go down onto the green area. The indent left of the plants has 3 Luck Starfish. Left again is an imprisoned Lamia; Xander has a better idea, get the Lamia to help; but that means finding the renegade with the key.
103. Exit and return to the area of the Oghmore colony. Go right onto the next screen and work your way right and up. Go up the stairs to an island. Go right and up to defeat the Metal Legs and Lamia to receive the Lamia Prisoner Key. Go down the stairs and left for a green chest with the book: Ocean’s Vacation. Go back to the imprisoned Lamia, free her; quest complete. Return to the bridge; quest complete. Return to Kondler
104. We are now outside the Ultai Palace with Djarma; go up to be told that someone has broken into the Throne Room. You are taken there to discover it’s Coryool who now joins you. You need to find an important book; exit the palace and go down to be taken to the Grand Library of the Ancients. Put Timbany in the lead if you haven’t already and use Super Dance at lot. Go right along the top corridor; on the left hand side of the last bookcase but one are 12 Shining Parchments. Go down and left; ignore the stairs up for now. The chest has a Sajcdil Apple. Go down to the next corridor; the chest to the left has 2707 gold. Go right; the chest has 5 Healing Herbs. Ignore the stairs down for a moment. Go right; the next chest has an Enchanted Potion, the one after it is trapped and the last chest is trapped. Now go down the stairs.
105. You meet 3 Babaazul: Timbany, Super Dance; Djarma Ultai Saber; Coryool physical; Cindy Furia de Rilla. Go left and down the little alcove for a Holy Water at the end. Return and go right; go up into a small room for 2 Magaolon who drop an Iron Key. Go right for a chest with 8 Tij Herbs. Return to the area of the trapped chests and go right. The Key opens the gate; activate the switch to ON. Return to the stairs in the middle corridor and go up.
106. Go up to to the Harpie statue on the left; in the left hand corner is an Yveen Tear. Go left and at the junction take the top path for a chest with the book: Storm of the Century. Return to the stairs; go right. The chest at the end of the top path is trapped. Go down the lower path; at the end is a chest with an Yveen water. Return to the stairs; go south and activate the switch to ON. Return to the lower level to where the chest with 8 Tij Herbs was; the gate next to the chest is now open. Go up.
107. The niche directly ahead of you has a Raaku, Temptress, Magaolon and 2 Medusa; use the same strategy as with the 3 Babaazul. You get 2 Omega Budon and 1022 gold. The chest has a Silver Powder. Go left and into an army of Lamia; same strategy as before. The first niche above you has an Oghmor; only change is have Cindy use Double Cross; you get 1468 gold. Starting at the top and going anti-clockwise, the chests have: Star Dust, Crystal Pear, trapped, Royal Library Key, trapped, Crystal Pear, Star Dust. Click the flame; Djarma gets 13MN. The niche at the top corner has a Gorgonite and 333 gold. Go right, down and left. The lower corridor has a swarm of Lamia, but they only attack in twos or threes. Go to the end, the Royal Library Key opens the gate. Go up. 3 Babaazul are blocking the next gate. Once defeated you have to have Timbany in small monkey form to open it. Go up to collect the book; quest complete. Exit the library, fighting your way out.
108. Back in Kondler with Random; pick a fourth member of the team and head back to the bridge. Luci freezes the water so you can cross; quest complete. Go up and save. There is an Ocean Gaes ahead; you can try to dodge it or fight it. My strategy was: Random, Lethal Punishment; Luci, Lord of the Dance to get defence down etc.; Sarah, Sun Boomer a couple of times, then Slasher; Lilly, attack and then potions girl. You get an eschlachaboom. I know that there was a strong thread on the Forum saying that there was a random drop of an Orb of the Depths from this encounter. I’ve not had it in any play through and I get the Orb from Magnus. Go up to the big door. You need to find the orbs to open it. You go back to Adretana to find Djarma waiting to take you to the caves where they are. You are taken to the Ultai Palace. Speak to the mermaid to the right. It’s Marilyis, who joins your party.
109. Enter the Palace and go to the Market Room. Speak to the Kobold who is collecting Cockatrix feathers. Now exit the Palace. Cocka is missing. Go back to the Market Room with Djarma and Brussian in the party. You find a feather, inspect it and you will be taken to the Kobold’s house. Put Seiman in the party. Almost every box in the room has 10 Bags Full of Cockatrix Feathers. Go up to inspect the trapped chest at the back. Seiman disarms it for a Taco Feather (ultimate). Select your party for a hard fight. You need good defence. I took Djarma out and put Wendala in. Equip Random with Legendary Sword and Wendala with Epic Blade. Inspect the barred gate to initiate a fight with a Kobold, a large number of cockatrix and a Sun Cockatrix. Everyone was inflicted with sleep, but woke up with the first round of attack. Lord of the Dance, Lethal Move, Shocker and physical dealt with everything except the Sun Cockatrix which is immune to almost everything – except bazookas, Bird’s Havoc and those swords. With those it goes down in 2 or 3 more rounds. Quest complete; speak to Cocka for him to rejoin the party.
110. You are now about to go into the caves. Select your party before setting off. Choose only from those characters whose attributes match the element of the cave you are going to. Note, Deuterium can go anywhere, so if you think you have a weak team you can select him. Any other character will suffer a massive stats loss. Begin with the Cave of Fire. You can choose from Luci, Tara, Askhbar, Fierce and Daryl. I didn’t pick Daryl. I had Tara equipped with Braserando which was a huge help. Luci’s Lava Wall finished off most things. Go down from the Palace and select Cave of Fire.
111. Go down; at the junction at the bottom go right and follow the path round and up. At the junction continue up. In the fight with the group of enemies, concentrate any physical attack on the Balrog Lord who is most resistant to Lava Wall. The chest has a Lava Ring. Go back down to the junction, go left and follow the path to the Fire Overlord. Lava Wall does a reasonable amount of damage; most of Tara’s spells heal him, but Dark Slash is good. Askhbar was physical attack and Fierce did the healing. He drops a Fairy Tear; quest complete. Go up and collect the Orb of Fire and exit.
112. Now select for the Cave of Ice from Xander, Kenny, Herasia, Oglong and Seiman. I didn’t fancy Kenny or Oglong, so used Deuterium. Xander’s main spells are Ground Implosion and Days of the Punishment. Go up to an area I shall call the main crossroads. A crystal blocks the path directly above you. Go left, down and up some steps. At the top are an Underground Behemoth and 2 Abyssal Lamia. Days of the Punishment plus physical. Return down the steps, go right and up to a circular path. At the top is a suit of armour stuck in the ice. Return down to the main crossroads. The crystal has now gone, but ignore that path for the moment. Take the next path up; the chest has 7808 gold. Return to the main crossroads. Go right and down; Days of the Punishment defeat the Ancient Taurus in one. The chest has a Crystal Tear Ring. Now go back up to the path I told you to ignore. The main group has a Balrog Lord, 2 Magicka Warlocks, 2 Stone Chrivasri and an Ancient Taurus; again Days of the Punishment finished them off without the need of anyone else. Go up to face the Ice Overlord and a Magicka Warlock. Xander, Days of the Punishment; Seiman Physical; Herasia, Aura Bomb; Deuterium, Multi-laser. Round 2 I switched Xander to AXA; Round 3 as round 2. He drops a Crystal Pear and it’s quest complete. Collect the Orb of Ice and exit. Re-enter with Tara; go up to where the armour is stuck in the ice. She can release it and you get the Golgoth Armor (ultimate). She will need healing as she loses nearly all HP in the gravity crush.
113. Now select for the Cave of Thunder from Random, Brussian, Guanidia, Lilly, Nash, Rosa. I chose Random, Lilly, Nash and Rosa. With Lilly’s pre-emptive and the Ketakeri Blade you may not need to use spells much. If you do, use Random’s Apocalypse/Lethal Punishment with Rosa’s Iceberg Calling as a back-up. Go down; the first lamp to the left flashes when clicked, but I couldn’t see any difference in stats, so probably does not give a boost. Go right and follow the path round to a junction. Go down and at the end of the path is a chest with the sword North-Star (relic). Go back up to the junction and go up to face the Thunder Overlord and an Ancient Taurus. Random, Lethal Punishment, Lilly physical, Nash Crazy Havoc, Rosa My Lovely Rocket or, if she hasn’t learnt it yet, try Prince of Slayers. He drops a Fairy Tear; quest complete. Collect the Orb of Thunder and exit.
114. For the Cave of Earth you only have 3 characters, Kratin, Timbany (use big gorilla form) and Cindy. Add Deuterium for your fourth. Equip Kratin with the Ketakeri Blade. With small groups of enemies physical is probably enough if you’ve been levelling up. For large groups use Cindy’s Furia di Rillia and Deuterium’s Multi-Laser. Go up to the cross roads. Ignore the bridge to the left for the moment; the bridge to the right has a couple of Ancient Taurus. Cross the bridge going up and follow the path round. Ignore the chest, it’s trapped. Go up to face the Earth Overlord and 2 Stone Chrivasri. Kratin and Timbany physical, Cindy Furia di Rillia first round and Double Cross the second, Deuterium Multi-Laser. He drops a Gaia Dust; quest complete. Go up and collect the Orb of Earth. Exit and return with Random and Seiman. Go left; Random can pull out the sword Blessed Oak Blade. Return and go up for the trapped chest. Seiman can disarm it for Primal Fear, a great weapon for Timbany (especially if you’ve kept him equipped with the Tiki-Tikoo Suit. Exit and heal up.
115. For the Water Cave, select from Timbany (small monkey form), Djarma, Adon, Sarah, Broff, Cocka-Cocka. There is an extra HP bonus in this cave; for that reason I included Broff along with Timbany, Djarma and Sarah. Throwing a rock and physical attack should deal with most things, but add Super Dance for larger groups. Go down and jump to reach the lower path. At the junction go down, then take the lower path to another junction where you go left and down. Ignore the boat and go up all the stairs to the top. Touch the crystal for 11,111XP for all party members. Return to the boat and click to face the Water Overlord and 2 Magicka Warlocks. Timbany, Super Dance, Djarma physical, Broff Earthquake 9.0 to inflict fatigue and diminution; Sarah, you could go with Sun Boomer, but it doesn’t do much. I used Metallist Curse (got from fusion) which gave a total bigger damage, but there is always the risk that she might miss. Second round, Super Dance and everyone physical. He drops a Fairy Tear. Quest complete and you receive a random extra; it varies at least between an earth powder and a shining salt. There may be more, but I decided 2 fights was enough for the purposes of a walkthrough (this is a long chapter!). Collect the Orb of Water and exit
116. For the Air Cave, you only have 3 characters, Angelina, Coryool and Petula, so add Deuterium add for the fourth. With Coryool’s and Angelina’s pre-emptive, there is no need for spells for most things. You have a slow group; unless you inflict them with haste before every encounter with the Chrivisri, you will take some damage. I decided that my characters were levelled up enough to take it. Go up; climb the rope up the right hand pillar for a chest with Wind-Stalker Sandals. Return; there is nothing up the left pillar, so climb the middle one to face the Air Overlord and a Balrog Lord. Coryool, Bomber ZXZ for fatigue/delay/diminution and good damage, Deuterium Multi-Laser, Angelina Multi-Hits, Petula physical to take out the Balrog Lord, then healing. He drops a Fair Tear; quest complete. Collect the Orb of Air and exit.
117. For the Darkness Cave, you choose between Alexandra, Leona, Marion, Sandy, Wendala. As you can only have 3 of these, put Deuterium in yet again. Laxius spells, fire based weapons and spells are recommended here, though if you have the Magdalena Leather Suit on Wendala and you’ve levelled everyone up reasonably, then physical attacks will see you through many of the encounters. Go up and at the junction go right and up. Follow the path to a chest with a Daemo-Damadra Axe. Return to the junction, go left, up and left for a chest with Ante-Warrior Mail. Return to the lower edge of the junction and jump down onto the rope ladder. Go down.
118. For the large group, Laxius Blast and Sandy’s Karma Crisis did it. The paths to the left have a chest which gives you game over if you touch it. Go right, down, right, down. The room on the left has a switch; stand on it to activate it. Continue down to another switch; activate it. Return up this corridor, left, down, left. The cave above you has 1108 gold. Go left and down for a chest with 5455 gold. Now go back up the ladder. New ladders have appeared. Go up left pillar. Click on the base of the cave to your left for a Crystal Rain. A couple of steps up, repeat for a Holy Water. The chest at the top has a Martyr’s Helm of Zathora. Return and climb the right pillar to face the Dark Overlord and a Magicka Warlock. Wendala Laxius Rocket; Deuterium Multi-hits; Marion Armour H-Boost and then heal/revive/physical; Sandy Karma Crisis and then physical. He drops a Zombie Heart; quest complete. Collect the Orb of Darkness, exit and re-enter with Seiman.
119. Go back down the rope ladder. Go second left, down, left, and down. Seiman can disarm the chest. After fighting 3 Absolom Invocators, you get the Demon Arch Wings (ultimate) for Adon. Exit. Go to the Market Room and speak to Philomene to go to the desert. With Daryl in the party, go to the Oasis. When you arrive you get ‘Map to the Oasis Completed’; quest complete. Go to the contaminated pool and inspect the barrel. Daryl gets the Water Extract – Sample C1137. Return to the Palace and Market Room. Speak to Marmaris; he gives you a Golden Apple.
120. With Djarma in the party, go up to the Throne Room and speak to Grazilia, the elemental on the left. Ask about Quest and you will be given asked to clean out a pyramid. If you are ready, say Yes. There are actually 2 quests here: clear out all the monsters and renovate the pyramid. Put Wendala into the party. You will see a broken floor tile just where you enter; stand on it and click and Wendala will say something (it varies) and get 250XP. You have to do that on all the broken tiles.
121. Go up, left and down; the chest at the top has an Enchanted Potion. The right side of the top middle bookcase has the book: The Sea of Harmony; the right side of the bottom middle bookcase has an Yveen Egg; the left chest has an Exp Egg. Exit, go up to a chest with an Emerald Powder. Return to the entrance area and go right. The first chest has a Sleep Vapor, the second has an Exp Egg. Go up; the chest has a Daj’Mel Saber. Go up the stairs. Go up, right and down for a chest with an Yveen Water. Follow the path round to a chest with a Life Apple. Go down into the room for a chest with a Fairy Tear. Exit, go right, follow the path to a chest with a Life Potion. In the section of corridor to the left of the stairs is a tile you might miss. Go down the stairs. You come out behind 3 Ancient Guards. At the top of the room, the left chest has a Star Dust; the right has a Mind Crystal; the chest over to the right has an Yveen Tear. Exit down to the entrance hall and go down the stairs. Notice the tile to your left just before you go down.
122. Go left to a chest with 2 Golden Pearls. Immediately below the chest is a secret path with a Power Hazel. Continue along the path and go up. At the junction with a left hand path is a secret path; go straight across into the corridor and down to a chest. Random says it’s empty; click again for the book: Vana Ancient Times. Return to the main path; go up, right and down for a chest with 4 Jim’da Petals. Go up, left, up and round for a tile. Return to where you entered this level; go right and follow the path to the end. On the top wall is a secret path up to the next section. Go right; the first chest has an Insanity Powder, the second has a Spark Dice.
123. Return, go up, right and into the room. The chest to the left of the door has a Cashra’Him Ring; the middle chest has a Holy Water; the top chest is a teaser. When you have cleared the room of enemies, you get quest complete. When Wendala has stood on the last tile to fix it you get quest complete. Exit.
124. Speak to Grazilia again and ask to go to the Grand Library. Put Seiman in the party. From the entry level go up the stairs and to the right for the trapped chest; it has 3 Golden Apples. Go back down and follow the path left down and right. Go past the stairs; the first trapped chest has the book: The Priests of Varna Deij’hel; the second has 6 Shining Parchments. Now go downstairs; go right and follow the path to the end; the 2 trapped chests have an Emerald Powder each. Exit.
125. Rest at the inn and do anything else you wish. Exit the Palace, go down and accept to go to Kondler. Jibini in the Inn will sell you a Luck Starfish for 500g if you’re interested. Select ‘Deal’ when you talk to him. This is your last chance to put anyone through the Trial. Luci is a non-optional member of the party at this stage and so you are down to 3 if you do the Trial, but that shouldn't be a problem. Go down through the door to the ocean. Coryool has vanished again. You are given 2 parties: (1) Random, Djarma, Sarah and Petula and (2) Luci, Wendala, Kratin and Xander. If you wish, you can substitute Marilyis for Petula.
126. Random’s team sets off for the bridge. Stop at the Aqua Guild and ask Mabatuhl to teach Marilyis the spell Fish Slainte Math for 600g. While you’re there, you might want to buy more Mechu Nachlyte, 10 – 12 in total. Return to the path and go to the bridge. Quest complete. Now take Luci’s team to the door; quest complete. The orbs are inserted and the door opens. This ends Chapter 12.
Last edited by littlebro
on Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:50 am, edited 7 times in total.