Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Coolest use for Night Watchers Spell

Coolest use for Night Watchers Spell

Postby gala1954 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:44 am

Okay, this is about my fourth time playing through... I still mess up sometimes -- like missing he opportunity to get the Yveen Triangular Shield (*hits head*), but I just figured out something really cool at the Kannezar (sp?) Guard. +::YAY
Spoiler: show
If you play like I always did before, you went through a lot of potions when you went up against the Granny. What I did was took the tanks out to the Undead Guild and cast Wendala's Night Watchers so when they died, they were still "alive. You can't use spells, but use this on your tanks. When you go to the guard, the only one who gets killed by her spells is Random (but he's a tank and doesn't die!!! You can give Random potions during battle, but the guys who are "soul preserved" aren't effected by her hits and spells... PERFECT setup to minimize use of items. But they can fight like they were alive! See picture... this is so totally cool for leveling your characters and minimizing potion use. Who needs Sarah and Lucy and Wendy in your battles with their spells... *LOL*
I hope the image displays. I've never put an image in here before... Okay, I guess I don't know how to do that... =( It's pretty cool to see!
gala1954
Wanderer

Re: Coolest use for Night Watchers Spell

Postby Cassiopeia » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:22 am

gala1954 wrote:took the tanks out to the Undead Guild

What does that mean?

gala1954 wrote:You can't use spells, but use this on your tanks.

And that?

I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean with "tanks".
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby loof123 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:11 pm

Tanks in RPGs usually mean people with high HP and Defense, people who can take a beating.

But I didn't get what gala meant either.
loof123
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby Cassiopeia » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:13 pm

loof123 wrote:Tanks in RPGs usually mean people with high HP and Defense, people who can take a beating.

That's what I thought, but what Gala said is quite contradictory.
gala1954 wrote:What I did was took the tanks out to the Undead Guild and cast Wendala's Night Watchers so when they died, they were still "alive.
vs.
gala1954 wrote:the only one who gets killed by her spells is Random (but he's a tank and doesn't die!!!
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby gala1954 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:35 am

Sorry, everyone for the confusion. What I meant to say is that you take your best fighters and use Night Watchers on them and let them die in battles at the guard.
Spoiler: show
(to make this happen faster you can use Askhbar's exsanguination skill to make their life bars go down to almost nothing and they'll "die" at the first battle)
Then they fight like normal and can also give potions to Random as needed when his life or magic gets low. You can level up pretty fast that way and use the minimum number of potions. Otherwise, you're having to heal all the time after the martyrs blow up. I said tanks because my son and sister and half the family play World of Warcraft and they use the word "tanks" for good fighter characters. Sorry for the confusion. Hey, I don't play those games. I play Laxius Force. I'm so addicted to this! You can actually us this for any player you want to level up. Make sure you equip them with seed pendants before they "die" so you get the extra xp points from the battles too.

+::YAY

When you want to revive them, just give them a toad's blood or use a revive spell and heal them up. =) If you change equipment in any way while they are under night watchers, they will become "exhausted" and then you have to start all over again with the spell to put them back "under" the spell. Can't use "night watched" players in the arena, however. Man, that would make those hard to use characters a breeze to get through Linda... *LOL* Okay, so you can only dream of that one!
gala1954
Wanderer

Postby Cassiopeia » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:46 am

This is really interesting. I don't think I ever used that spell on any of my characters and I have no idea what it actually does to them.
Certaily something to try out on my next playthrough.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby gala1954 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:14 pm

Okay, so I finished the fourth run through of this game last night. This morning I was thinking about stuff that would be cool to try with the battles with Hondler and Guidibba... I found the most hysterical thing of all. I used Night watchers on the team and Guidibba killed everyone but Luci before he was killed himself. So when the cut scene at the end happens, since Random is Night Watched (and invisible as a character), instead of seeing the airship going down the runway, you see Luci running down the runway at light speed and running through space. It is the most hysterical hing EVER!!!! The first time Guidibba (morphed form) killed everyone, so It was GAME OVER but he missed Luci the second go through. So if you have a game save just before the final battle -- try this... you won't stop laughing! How undignified for the Queen of Adretana!
+::wizard
Also, when they "land" in Adretana, you will see Luci "landing" and then the four heroes all get out of the airship, including the REAL Luci, so that's funny, too... two Lucies, that's cool. This also would work for Sarah or Wendie if they were still "living" after the battle. It seems the strongest character transports everyone because one play through I had Wendie and Luci alive. I'll try to get Sarah through to see her flying through space. Indy this is just TOO funny!
+::clap
I think my husband has lost ALL patience with my addiction here! *LOL* Maybe I should go read a book for a while!

+::Thumbup
gala1954
Wanderer

Return to Spoiler Discussions