Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Wendala's strength glitch

Wendala's strength glitch

Postby Storm14 » Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:43 pm

There's this bug I found in the game a few years ago, wherein Wendala's base strength (without any equipments or status buff) went as high as 40K and in millions with stat buff & equipments. She would 1 hit kill everyone even at the Astral Litz. I still remember how it happens, but I won't spoil it for everyone by telling it how. 8) +::lol

I wonder if it is just me who found it or may be others did find it but never spoke about it.
Storm14
Peasant

Re: Wendala's strength glitch

Postby Kale » Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:41 pm

I think it’s less of a bug, and more that you can push the absolute limits of stat boosting events with Wendala, more than any other character can. (I mean, there's an exclusive event only for her, that just straight up doubles her ST stat) Indy could have used a different stat growth formula, or alternatively, could have put a cap on how much ST you can get from certain stat boosting events. At least, assuming we’re talking about the same thing here, you may have found something different.

If we are talking about the same thing, there’s a fairly extensive post that was made about 12 years ago, describing it in exquisite detail. Apparently you can even get Wendala’s Strength stat upwards of three billion if you plan it all out from way back in LF1 even!
Kale
Explorer

Postby Storm14 » Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:23 am

Exactly!! I think we both are talking about the same event since it is highly unlikely that there are multiple events causing such an error ( I'd still call it a bug because such a thing isnt supposed to happen)

I also remember doing certain things differently from what was mentioned in the walkthrough. Though now that I see there's a new updated walkthrough which I havent checked in detail yet.

Ah, makes me feel like playing the whole Laxius Saga again !! +::Dance
Storm14
Peasant

Postby Indinera » Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:44 am

This will require a lot of SOUL +::shhhh
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Kale » Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:24 am

I’ve always considered a bug as an actual error/mistake in the coding itself. As far as I am aware everything is working as Indinera intended, both the event to double Wendala’s ST and the formula for the other major ST training event. By comparison, I would consider the mushroom in Gaes Cave that used to increase Sarah’s speed by 1000 if you fail to retrieve it; a bug. It was most likely supposed to check that Sarah has 1000 Speed to succeed, not give her 1000 speed upon failure. Just as a technicality.

That’s just me though; I’d otherwise agree that Wendala’s ST can get completely out of hand. I’d be fine if the bonus capped at 300ST, or just was 300ST to match the magic increase she can take instead. The other training event likewise could have been capped off at maybe 50, 80 or 100ST.

------------------

If you do replay the entire franchise, Laxius Soul 2 might be out by the time you finish Laxius Soul 1! :)

Enjoy the new walkthrough if you do, and make sure to high five Kratin in LF2 on your way through.
Kale
Explorer

Return to Spoiler Discussions